3 years time

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
what do you think the conf will look like in 3 years? For a start we will still be here with palios backing brabin whilst the cash registers at pp are ringing, i think wrexham , grimsby and fgr would have left us for pastures new in the fl, teams like fcum and darlo and maybe hereford will be in here making it more competitive then ever.

Sadly i think it will become more and more difficult for the smaller non backed clubs to survive at this level, and eventually the fl caving in and sanctioning 3 up 3 down between division 4 ( it always will be) and the conf.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
I think Grimsby will still be here, unless they get a better manager. There will be more hobby clubs. I doubt Hereford will achieve 4 consecutive promotions, but good luck to therm if they do. It will mean they have eclipsed our 3 consecutive championships. In an ideal world the National League would become League 3 North and South and be sharing in the rewards that don't seem to filter down.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
I think Grimsby will still be here, unless they get a better manager. There will be more hobby clubs. I doubt Hereford will achieve 4 consecutive promotions, but good luck to therm if they do. It will mean they have eclipsed our 3 consecutive championships. In an ideal world the National League would become League 3 North and South and be sharing in the rewards that don't seem to filter down.

Nooo - we just got here, we don't want to return to regional football just yet!

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
In 3 years time Lincoln, Wrexham and Grimsby will still be down here knocking about mid-table going on about how big their crowds are, with North Ferriby battling it out with AFC Fylde in front of 2,000 supporters at Wembley to decide who goes up with Eastleigh who have won the league with 120 points having spent £20m in January.

Ebbsfleet to still be in the Conference South after bottling the league, then the play-offs (again).

Tranmere will go up next season, Dagenham and York will both be here for a while.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I think Brabin will be gone by November, if results at prenton park don't improve. If Tranmere can maintain 5000+ crowds at this level sooner or later we'll go up on the back of that. If not, then we are in trouble.
From an ale drinkers and pie eaters point of view I hope Halifax and Kidderminster bounce straight back.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
If the recent league position pattern is anything to go by, we'll be 10th.

Murphy

Bloody Nice Chap
Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham & Redbridge and Stephen Mulhern.
Twitter
@NickMurphy1995
Imagine Darlington will be back here by then, along with at least one or two of the Manc clubs that are in the Conf. North at the moment (Salford a guaranteed certainty you'd have thought. The money'd clubs in the South will also likely be making their presence felt. Also expect some of the Conference's former members currently in the Football League to be making a return. Newport/Morecambe/Stevenage all appear to be on shaky ground if this season is anything to go by, and without us and York there to make everyone else look half decent, they'll find it much tougher next time around.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Nooo - we just got here, we don't want to return to regional football just yet!
Where did I say that? I meant that North and South would be the equivalent to what existed before 1958 (with 4 up and 4 down).

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Ive often been accused of being fairly negative in football terms which is possibly a fair comment. I see myself as being more the realistic type, mind. I said 5 years ago that wed probably be here for a long time and we are indeed, still here.

I dont think we will go up in the next 3 seasons either - but of course id be delighted to be proven wrong ( please do lads!)

I actually think Grimsby will go up in the next three seasons, if not this one. Wouldnt suprise me massive if Dagenham copied the Barnet/ Cheltenham formula to swiftly win the league. I dont think relegation will phase them. I can see Lincoln having a couple of good seasons now, fair chance of promotion in the next 3 seasons for them.

I suspect we will also see the return of Crawley and Newport within that time frame.

CrazyImp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Twitter
@Sam_LCFC_90
A lot is dependent on the next week or so. If it goes to our advantage then I suspect we'll (finally) break the top half next season with a good chance of promotion within three seasons.

If it doesn't go as well then it'll be two/three more stultifying mid-table seasons, simple as that. With more self-righteous Johnny Come Lately hobby clubs telling us all how their club's model is sustainable and risk-free. A lot of us will laugh.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
we'll be in division 2 so I won't be paying quite as much notice to the Conference... but...
Darlington, Boston, Maidstone, FC United and Salford will all be here along with Kidderminster (who will have been renamed Pie Heaven in a sponsorship deal).
Braintree will be in Division 1
Forest Green will be in trouble with militant Vegetarians and animal rights activists for exploiting animals after using organic fertilizer (cow sh*t) on the pitch.
Tranmere, Wrexham and Grimsby will all still be here along with York, Blackpool (who just avoided relegation to conference North for the 2nd successive season) and at long last Hartlepool...

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
we'll be in division 2 so I won't be paying quite as much notice to the Conference... but...
Darlington, Boston, Maidstone, FC United and Salford will all be here along with Kidderminster (who will have been renamed Pie Heaven in a sponsorship deal).
Forest Green will be in trouble with militant Vegetarians and animal rights activists for exploiting animals after using organic fertilizer (cow sh*t) on the pitch.
Tranmere, Wrexham and Grimsby will all still be here along with York, Blackpool (who just avoided relegation to conference North for the 2nd successive season) and at long last Hartlepool...

You forgot Crewe, they usually follow Tranmere around the leagues!

A n d y

Reaction score
Supports
Gateshead
There'll probably be more full time clubs in the division then there is now when you look at what sides could potentially come up from the North/South conferences over the next three years, either way it's still going to be difficult getting out of here with only the two promotion spots up for grabs. I can't see the league clubs wanting to change the amount of demotions any time soon though sadly.

Mark kavanagh

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

Hartlepool have the survival instinct it seems mate, morecambe are on thin ice it seems the way they finished the season and although he was a legend at tranmere john mcgreal at colchester is a massive risk which will see them either go straight back up or plummet through.

Talking of which whatever happened to that big solid manager colchester had who took them up? Darren macdonagh or something like that! Im suprised he was never given another chance at this level

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I had a few ideas when I started reading this thread, but most of my thoughts for being promoted are mentioned by Chipmunx. I would be tempted to add Stockport to that list and hope to see Bath City return at some stage, if only for a local derby. To his list of relegated from above I would probably add Crawley and Yeovil, whilst Barnet are surely due a return around then.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I had a few ideas when I started reading this thread, but most of my thoughts for being promoted are mentioned by Chipmunx. I would be tempted to add Stockport to that list and hope to see Bath City return at some stage, if only for a local derby. To his list of relegated from above I would probably add Crawley and Yeovil, whilst Barnet are surely due a return around then.

I forgot about Bath - a good old time conference national club...
I was expecting you to reply on the sarcastic FGR comment ;)

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I forgot about Bath - a good old time conference national club...
I was expecting you to reply on the sarcastic FGR comment ;)
Come on, we have both been on this forum long enough for you to know that I don't rise to stuff like that...I just leave that to others!

Silver Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone United
I would hope we'll be here, perhaps we can be that part time side pissing everyone off by making the playoffs à la les blancs au Douvres.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I would hope we'll be here, perhaps we can be that part time side pissing everyone off by making the playoffs à la les blancs au Douvres.
As someone who used to live near Dover (in Deal) whilst at the University of Kent I agree with your French comment ;)

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic

If we don't come up I'd love for you to come up - haven't ever seen the two clubs play and going to get bored now we don't have Welling or Dartford to annihilate twice a season.

GTFCfish

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
My prediction for 3 years time is that Gateshead have STILL not been shown at home on BT sport.
(I did have something else to add, but as the FGR fans are not being cocks today i have decided not to post it, even though it woud have guaranteed me a shit load of likes lol).

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
Alty will have been back and got relegated again by then :bravo::2thumb::10:

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Just to get to join in - in 3 years I see as as a Southern Premier club pushing the playoffs in that division.

I see Grimsby getting promoted within that time and Wrexham still being here along with Tranmere as others above have said. Lincoln should start picking up towards the top end of the league surely, but by that logic it should have happened already.

At the bottom end it's damn near impossible to tell who will leave - with 4 each year it just takes 1 really bad season, as Kiddy have shown, and Lincoln are one of the clubs that could do that. Can see them coming back up if they do though.

One way or another you'll have Fylde. They will stall for a couple of seasons in the conference if they have the budget to really compete at the top end (ala Fleetwood, Crawley, FGR). FCUM are a maybe - partially depending on what happens with their fanbase split, similarly maybe with Salford - if they want to be likable they can't massively outspend everyone and get seen as just another money club, and so they may have to reel it in a bit comparatively. There's a good chance Tamworth or Nuneaton will be back. The conference just seems wrong without one of them there.

From the Southern side you're definitely getting Ebbsfleet and Whitehawk sooner or later, and probably within 3 years for both. I can also see Truro being up in that time frame too, for everyone to bitch about!

In terms of Phoenix clubs, there's a chance you'll get Darlo, depending on how quickly they adapt to conference north of course. Hereford and Salisbury won't make 3 more consecutive promotions, so you'll have to wait longer for either of them. Salisbury will possibly top out at the conference south unless their money men want to spend, Hereford will progress but stall there for at least a season, but I see them losing time in the Southern Premier too, if only a season. Next years Southern Div 1 S&W will probably see both promoted, but one will have to go through the playoff lottery.

Coming in from the top and not going straight back the likes of Newport look like they could have an extended stay, Stevenage and Crawley would be interesting to see come back down too. I agree with the above that Daggers are capable of a quick return as the fans and club are all completely prepared for the conference.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Just to get to join in - in 3 years I see as as a Southern Premier club pushing the playoffs in that division.

I see Grimsby getting promoted within that time and Wrexham still being here along with Tranmere as others above have said. Lincoln should start picking up towards the top end of the league surely, but by that logic it should have happened already.

At the bottom end it's damn near impossible to tell who will leave - with 4 each year it just takes 1 really bad season, as Kiddy have shown, and Lincoln are one of the clubs that could do that. Can see them coming back up if they do though.

One way or another you'll have Fylde. They will stall for a couple of seasons in the conference if they have the budget to really compete at the top end (ala Fleetwood, Crawley, FGR). FCUM are a maybe - partially depending on what happens with their fanbase split, similarly maybe with Salford - if they want to be likable they can't massively outspend everyone and get seen as just another money club, and so they may have to reel it in a bit comparatively. There's a good chance Tamworth or Nuneaton will be back. The conference just seems wrong without one of them there.

From the Southern side you're definitely getting Ebbsfleet and Whitehawk sooner or later, and probably within 3 years for both. I can also see Truro being up in that time frame too, for everyone to bitch about!

In terms of Phoenix clubs, there's a chance you'll get Darlo, depending on how quickly they adapt to conference north of course. Hereford and Salisbury won't make 3 more consecutive promotions, so you'll have to wait longer for either of them. Salisbury will possibly top out at the conference south unless their money men want to spend, Hereford will progress but stall there for at least a season, but I see them losing time in the Southern Premier too, if only a season. Next years Southern Div 1 S&W will probably see both promoted, but one will have to go through the playoff lottery.

Coming in from the top and not going straight back the likes of Newport look like they could have an extended stay, Stevenage and Crawley would be interesting to see come back down too. I agree with the above that Daggers are capable of a quick return as the fans and club are all completely prepared for the conference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KjAktcatdcOnFrLEmNpExvSqvOPXR9O-rzwxLHysqh8/edit#gid=0

the Tony Kempster projection has you in Northern Premier southern division next season....

wrexham

Reaction score
Supports
We will still be flirting with the play-offs until around November, when we go 13 games without a win (including a defeat away at Chester) and slump to finish 12th.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I'd love to think we'll go up within the next 3 years....We shall see.

I do think Blackpool will be down here, and their fans will be going on about what a huge club they were in the 50s, by this point they will be the 3rd team in their area behind Fleetwood and Fylde.

Crawley, Yeovil and Newport will all be back down in the Conference. FGR will have gone bust after Dale Vince gets bored of trying to enthuse the people of Stroud and buys MK Dons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!