Anyone catch Coventry vs Sheffield United last night?

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
What is the deal with Wasps - they seem to have come in and made themselves at home.

Well it is their home. They have settled in well and are making the most of a brilliant sports venue.

At the end of next season our contract at the Ricoh is over. With the ongoing disputes between the two clubs, Wasps have every right to not want us at the stadium.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
There have been no offers. No one would take over a club with no stadium, training ground and a shocking squad.

I think they do have a devine right to be in the Premier League of at least the Championship. My first game was in the clubs 31st straight year in the top flight. The club is the only club in the 9th biggest city in England with a huge potential catchment area in Warwickshire.

The problem is since our final few years in the Premier League, way before SISU, the club was being run terribly. A lot of those mistakes have led to the current climate.
I was hoping you would educate me in the reasons for the protest but I see that you are now protesting about falling down the leagues as a result of the previous boards mismanagement of the club and SISU trying to run you sustainably.

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I was hoping you would educate me in the reasons for the protest but I see that you are now protesting about falling down the leagues as a result of the previous boards mismanagement of the club and SISU trying to run you sustainably.

That's not the case though is it? The club, as the chairman has tonight said, will die at the Ricoh. With no realistic land in the city, the club is going to end up outside the city. The league position isn't half of the worries. People just want a club to support in the future, inside the city.

Selling your best players, dropping down the leagues, losing thousands of fans a year is not running a club sustainably, it is running it into the ground.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

You are a fucking idiot.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I'm sorry but you do not have a divine right to stay in the top leagues and hold on to top players when you can't afford to and drop down the leagues...

I fully appreciate I am far from understanding the full story behind the protests and my instinct was to side with the Coventry fans whilst I was watching the match.

That said SUFC are correct that tennis balls were aimed at their players, whistles during their attacks and generally crappy tactics to disrupt the away team as much as possible. I am genuinely willing to be educated on the background and what plan B rather than trade childish insults Bobbin'

PUSBCCFC

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I'm sorry but you do not have a divine right to stay in the top leagues and hold on to top players when you can't afford to and drop down the leagues...

I fully appreciate I am far from understanding the full story behind the protests and my instinct was to side with the Coventry fans whilst I was watching the match.

That said SUFC are correct that tennis balls were aimed at their players, whistles during their attacks and generally crappy tactics to disrupt the away team as much as possible. I am genuinely willing to be educated on the background and what plan B rather than trade childish insults Bobbin'

No but as a club we are historically below our level, just like Sheffield United. Of course football is football, but we are here due to asset stripping and mismanagement off the pitch. But as I said, this is a lot more than the league position.

In terms of whistling while they were on the attack... This is an empty stadium in League One, not Besiktas. Hardly intimidating. We couldn't give a toss about the result last night. I'm sure the fans on the pitch would have happily had it abandoned and Sheffield United handed a 3-0 win.

Nobody kicked off when Charlton delayed their games.

Lamby

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
That's because those who "delayed" our games are braindead twats

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Ah didn't realise Wasps had actually brought the stadium and you were just the tenants.

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Your talking nonsense and giving Coventry fans far too much credit if you think it was somehow planned to help us win, the least important thing for Coventry fans last night was the result.

Couldn't agree more with this. When we had our problems we had an on field protest which resulted in the match being abandoned. We were 3-2 up at the time! The result really is irrelevant.

Well done supporters of Coventry City.

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
All Blades fans understand the situation at Coventry and there has been plenty of support in the past, but when the protests have (or were having) an adverse effect on our team then it is hardly a surprise a few chants were thrown back. Hardly the worst offence in the world, and the sort of thing football fans do. We've had Coventry (and all other) fans giving it the Tevez chants at Bramall Lane, and I'm quite sure we'll get more of the same when Coventry play in April. Certainly, the chants weren't deserving of some of the bile on social media and without doubt the abuse of fans leaving the ground by a number of wannabe hardmen.

It isn't about not having a clue about your situation, it is that we want SUFC to do well in the game, a game we were desperate to win. So as selfish as that may be, we didn't give a fuck about SISU right there and then and just wanted the game to go on. That we won was fortunate for us, and as far as most of us are concerned that should the end of it for us. I would like to think that there will be no lasting animosity by the time of the return fixture.

That's not the sort of things football fans do,at all. Why would Sheffield United fans laud it over Coventry City?

Chants about a football player who relegated your side aren't comparable at all to chants about the people who are slowly killing your football club.

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
That's not the sort of things football fans do,at all. Why would Sheffield United fans laud it over Coventry City?

Chants about a football player who relegated your side aren't comparable at all to chants about the people who are slowly killing your football club.

It's all about perceptions.

Since the Tevez affair we've entered the worse period in our 125 year history.
It's now an unprecedented 6 consecitive seasons in the 3rd tier when we've spent most of our history in the top flight.

Many believe that if we'd stayed up then we could easily be another Stoke City.
As an established PL team side we'd be the top club in Yorkshire (with Leeds and Wednesday struggling) averaging 32,000 every week with the proposed Kop expansion to 37,000 on the horizon.

So in some people's eyes the chants aren't just about relegation but the continuous free fall and demise of a club.

We've had little investment over the past few years and sold all our best players.
In fact we tried to buy John Fleck 4 years ago but ironically he choose Coventry City as they (SISU) were offering him bigger wages. Fancy that? even with our bigger gates we got outbid by SISU.

Most Blades are sympathetic towards Coventry but we not that sympathetic that we'd just give them 3 points. Surely a club has a right to play on a level playing field and not have continued distractions and multiple pitch invasions affecting the focus of the players.

Anyway Good luck to Coventry City and I hope they pull through.

Last edited:

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City

It's now an unprecedented 6 consecitive seasons in the 3rd tier when we've spent most of our history in the top flight.

As an established PL team side we'd be the top club in Yorkshire (with Leeds and Wednesday struggling) averaging 32,000 every week with the proposed Kop expansion to 37,000 on the horizon.

So in some people's eyes the chants aren't just about relegation but the continuous free fall and demise of a club.

We've had little investment over the past few years and sold all our best players.
In fact we tried to buy John Fleck 4 years ago but ironically he choose Coventry City as they (SISU) were offering him bigger wages. Fancy that? even with our bigger gates we got outbid by SISU.

My friend, unless you know John Fleck personally, I don't see how you would know such information. Would you mind sharing how you know this information please?

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I am back for good. I am sure this forum has missed me putting posters in their place.

DH84, ole ole, ole ole, left the forum for a little bit, but now he's chomping at the bit, DH84, ole ole ole!!

Reactions: JJH

SkyBlueElephant

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry
So what other offers are the board preventing from taking over the club?

Do Coventry have a divine right to be playing in the Premier League or should they not find their level and build a sustainable football club like other clubs?
Building a sustainable football club under Sisu is impossible, they only destroy and tear down foundations not build them. No academy, no stadium, no manager, no future.

I'd take being a conference team if I genuinely believed we had owners who were trying to build for the future and showing some ambition to improve and grow the club.

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united

Most Blades are sympathetic towards Coventry but we not that sympathetic that we'd just give them 3 points. Surely a club has a right to play on a level playing field and not have continued distractions and multiple pitch invasions affecting the focus of the players.

Most of our history in the top flight. Stop talking shit again, you make yourself look a fool

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheff United
Most of our history in the top flight. Stop talking shit again, you make yourself look a fool

You have this constant habit of embarrassing yourself.

I shouldn't really.....oh go on then.

Just tried a google search for the history of a Sheff Uniteds 113 seasons in league football
Div 1 60 seasons
Div 2 42 seasons
Div 3 10 seasons
Div 4 1 season

So we've spent most (as in the majority aka over half) of our history in the top flight.
Call yourself a Blade? Ya certainly know how to put ya foot in ya mouth, it's funny.
But I suppose you think football started when the PL started in the early 90's.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
Sheffsteel, my good man, blademan89 is a fantastic contributor to this forum whilst you make out you are close friends with John Fleck, that close he tells you how he much he earns.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City

Just tried a google search for the history of a Sheff Uniteds 113 seasons in league football
Div 1 60 seasons
Div 2 42 seasons
Div 3 10 seasons
Div 4 1 season

So we've spent most (as in the majority aka over half) of our history in the top flight.
Call yourself a Blade? Ya certainly know how to put ya foot in ya mouth, it's funny.

Are you invited to John Fleck's new year party mate? You are pretty close friends so I imagine you would be.

Reactions: JJH

blademan89

Reaction score
Supports
sheffield united

Div 1 60 seasons
Div 2 42 seasons
Div 3 10 seasons
Div 4 1 season

In a way your right cos we have spent more seasons in the top flight than any other but the term most of our history in it I don't agree with , slightly over half. I call myself a blade yes I think I have a right too you probably could too if you'd been to as many games as me, try doing 7 years without missing one in any competition

CFC2010

Reaction score
Supports
Chester

You have had a couple of relegation's over ten years and played a few seasons under your a natural level and now look set to return. You've clearly never experienced anything that comes close what Coventry supporters are currently going through so its probably best to not comment on it, you've talked some proper shite on this thread.

Walkley_Owl

Reaction score
Supports
The Wednesday
Was interesting to watch, fair play City fans

S74Blade

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
You have had a couple of relegation's over ten years and played a few seasons under your a natural level and now look set to return. You've clearly never experienced anything that comes close what Coventry supporters are currently going through so its probably best to not comment on it, you've talked some proper shite on this thread.

The poor long suffering Cov fans. Since 1967 they've spent 34 years playing top level football, during that time they've won the FA Cup. They're such great fans hardly any of them can be bothered going these days.

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
The poor long suffering Cov fans. Since 1967 they've spent 34 years playing top level football, during that time they've won the FA Cup. They're such great fans hardly any of them can be bothered going these days.
So you have to go back to over 15 years for anything of note. Loooooooool, were you dropped on your head as a child?

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
These 2 Sheffield United fans are the biggest L takers I've ever met. Tears in my eyes.

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
In a way your right cos we have spent more seasons in the top flight than any other but the term most of our history in it I don't agree with , slightly over half. I call myself a blade yes I think I have a right too you probably could too if you'd been to as many games as me, try doing 7 years without missing one in any competition
Mate, slightly over half is most of our history, whether you agree or not....

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
No we haven't experienced anything close to what you've gone through but I thought you were trying to raise awareness of your situation?

Talking about it on forums does that and as you chose the match against us to disrupt and possibly cause abandonment every Sheffield U fan is perfectly entitled to give a point of view about the whole affair.

Your actions the other night didn't just affect your club, you dragged ours into it too.

You'd be more disappointed if nobody was talking about it surely?

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield United
Sheffsteel, my good man, blademan89 is a fantastic contributor to this forum whilst you make out you are close friends with John Fleck, that close he tells you how he much he earns.
I like how you choose to pick up on a minor point in his post but ignore the rest...

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
No we haven't experienced anything close to what you've gone through but I thought you were trying to raise awareness of your situation?

Talking about it on forums does that and as you chose the match against us to disrupt and possibly cause abandonment every Sheffield U fan is perfectly entitled to give a point of view about the whole affair.

Your actions the other night didn't just affect your club, you dragged ours into it too.

You'd be more disappointed if nobody was talking about it surely?
He's a Chester fan...

DH84

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry City
I like how you choose to pick up on a minor point in his post but ignore the rest...
My friend, most of it was just a lot of (random) words which didn't really make sense on the whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!