Bournemouth v Everton

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
A single unitary authority for urban Dorset
Funny thing is, it was the mental celebrations of the Everton fans, on the pitch and taking an age to be chased down and ejected by stewards, that meant we had the extra couple minutes that weren't signaled to go down the other end.

PDS

Reaction score
Supports
Bournemouth
Football. Bloody hell.

Pagnell

Pick Up The Gun
Reaction score
Supports
Everton. Take the lead in the 95th minute. Travel home with a point. Pfffffffffft. Bet those pitch invaders fell like a right bunch of cocks. Wonder if fake scouser johnnybag was one of them?

The Iron

Reaction score
Supports
SUFC
That's why Everton won't finish anywhere near the top 4;)

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
"Adam Smith only came on at half-time, but he had more touches in the opposition half in 45 minutes, than his opposite number Seamus Coleman - one of the most accomplished attacking full-backs in the league - did in the full 90"

-from the BBC stats.
Superhuman effort from him up and down second half.

So much i could write about the game and maybe I will later when I calm down. But it fitted in with everything else that's been barmy about this season. Goals, drama, refereeing controversy, terrible defending, and yes an injury. Down to our 3rd choice youngster keeper now.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
We were awful today second half, fair play Bournemouth never gave up. Brilliant at the end when we got a bit excited and thought we'd sneaked it., can't beat a pitch invasion even at my age problem was i was in Bournemouth end with a few others and got ejected ( peacefully)

Bournemouth fans were bob on all day had a great laugh, stewards ruined it ...........you can't beat an away day with a belly full of beer.

EvertonPaul

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Pitch invaders, hmm I was on the front row myself. When you have 1200 people behind you pushing forward celebrating a last minute winner, some people do tend to spill onto the pitch. Admittedly I haven't seen any replays, but safe to say we we're shocking that second half. But that is football for you.

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
So first half Everton were impressive and pretty dominant. We had our peckers up for the first 10 minutes, created one gilt edged chance that we missed, and once Everton took control they never let go that half. One period of pressure and a secession of corners, not helped by one or two poor defensive errors to keep pressure on ourselves, eventually resulted in the Argie centre back jumping highest for the goal. Not before one or two smart stops from Federici. Unfortunately during this period Federici injured himself, and although carried on, had to be taken off at half time. And left the ground with his foot in an air boot.

The second goal was a bit embarrassing. A fairly simple ball cut Distin well and truly out of the picture, he was well out of position. It left Cook to try and deal with Lukaku by himself, and he never really put a challenge in, rather just tried to stay goal side. Lukaku too slick and quick, and managed to slip the ball into the near post, which I'm sure Federici would also be a bit disappointed by as well.

Through this period whilst both sides lined up in a similar shape, it looked like Everton had about 6 players around midfield instead of our 5. They were efficiently shutting us down, and when they moved the ball around there was space to be had. As the first half ended Everton dropped down a gear or two, strolling around and stroking the ball around their own half. I think perhaps this was a fatal error. Keeping the tempo high they would have scored a third I'm sure. And they never really shook themselves out of this drop in pace until damage was done.

Half time saw a change of goalkeeper, with our young 3rd choice Ryan Allsop thrown into the mix for the injured Federici, and a change at the back with full back Francis moving the centre back and attacking wing back Adam smith coming on. Adam Smith's attacking aggression swung the whole momentum our way. I worried that Everton would get in behind his forward runs, but we commanded that right hand side / Everton's left all second half and Galloway struggled. Perhaps a mixture of Everton letting their foot off the gas, and our rise in aggression and anger set the tone. Kone was very reluctant to work back and help out, which gave us a man over quite often. And Gareth Barry suddenly looked his age, chasing shadows as Dan Gosling breezed past him.

We prodded and probed, but took our time to fashion some actual chances. Tim Howard's histrionics in goal, motioning to the crowd to quieten down upon the ref's decisions, only angered the crowd all the more, something that would later back fire on him in style.

Josh King has found himself in recent weeks and hassled the Everton defence down the channels, and the movement of Stanislas inside from the wing was clever. The ref regularly got the home crowd irate with some very generous decisions awarded to Everton. For example when King robbed Galloway and was in behind, or when Smith was felled in the box (thinking back to the pen that went against us last week). But the pressure told, a belting individual strike from Adam Smith and a neat finish from Stanislas setup by King drew us level late on.

Finally Everton woke up, and again looked like scoring every time they got into our final third! Not really sure what happened for their 3rd as the penalty box was very crowded, but think Barkley squeezed the ball in the near post which Allsop might have done better with. Cue chaos in the away end, supporters went mental, Everton players on mass ran over to their fans as they surged forwards. A dozen or two spilled into the pitch hugging and jumping around their players. Stewards from all 4 areas of the ground sprinted over to try and contain the situation, and Police moved in.

The home ends were disconsolate dejected and silent, the stuffing was knocked out of us. But Howe jumped around the touchline to encourage the players, the players looked around at each other, and they went for it straight from the kick off. I cannot credit them enough for refusing wallow in self pity as us fans had done. And Daniels stormed up from left back, and arced a pin point cross onto the head of winger-come-centre forward Junior Stanislas. The least likely player in our squad I would put down to win a header. But he got in between the confused Everton centre backs and smashed it past the diving Tim Howard.

And then it was our turn to explode into chaos. More fans on the pitch, with no stewards to stop anyone because they were all over the other side of the ground! Old men jumping between rows of seats like they were teenagers. Crazy stuff. And Tim Howard given much abuse.

In the cold light of day, whilst we must credit our fight and second half aggression, we also have to point out that Everton helped us by falling half asleep for long periods. We may be a small club, with a small ground, but that doesn't mean you can afford to drop so far off your pace against us! But our defence AGAIN was badly exposed at times. The two first half goals weren't even anything complicated to unlock us. We can't really change anything fundamentally about it until January, but I would like to see Cargill sooner than later.

As for goalkeeper, do we recall Boruc from whatever exile he is in, or do we go with Allsop for whom this is too far too early? Only Chelsea up next to answer these issues.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
So first half Everton were impressive and pretty dominant. We had our peckers up for the first 10 minutes, created one gilt edged chance that we missed, and once Everton took control they never let go that half. One period of pressure and a secession of corners, not helped by one or two poor defensive errors to keep pressure on ourselves, eventually resulted in the Argie centre back jumping highest for the goal. Not before one or two smart stops from Federici. Unfortunately during this period Federici injured himself, and although carried on, had to be taken off at half time. And left the ground with his foot in an air boot.

The second goal was a bit embarrassing. A fairly simple ball cut Distin well and truly out of the picture, he was well out of position. It left Cook to try and deal with Lukaku by himself, and he never really put a challenge in, rather just tried to stay goal side. Lukaku too slick and quick, and managed to slip the ball into the near post, which I'm sure Federici would also be a bit disappointed by as well.

Through this period whilst both sides lined up in a similar shape, it looked like Everton had about 6 players around midfield instead of our 5. They were efficiently shutting us down, and when they moved the ball around there was space to be had. As the first half ended Everton dropped down a gear or two, strolling around and stroking the ball around their own half. I think perhaps this was a fatal error. Keeping the tempo high they would have scored a third I'm sure. And they never really shook themselves out of this drop in pace until damage was done.

Half time saw a change of goalkeeper, with our young 3rd choice Ryan Allsop thrown into the mix for the injured Federici, and a change at the back with full back Francis moving the centre back and attacking wing back Adam smith coming on. Adam Smith's attacking aggression swung the whole momentum our way. I worried that Everton would get in behind his forward runs, but we commanded that right hand side / Everton's left all second half and Galloway struggled. Perhaps a mixture of Everton letting their foot off the gas, and our rise in aggression and anger set the tone. Kone was very reluctant to work back and help out, which gave us a man over quite often. And Gareth Barry suddenly looked his age, chasing shadows as Dan Gosling breezed past him.

We prodded and probed, but took our time to fashion some actual chances. Tim Howard's histrionics in goal, motioning to the crowd to quieten down upon the ref's decisions, only angered the crowd all the more, something that would later back fire on him in style.

Josh King has found himself in recent weeks and hassled the Everton defence down the channels, and the movement of Stanislas inside from the wing was clever. The ref regularly got the home crowd irate with some very generous decisions awarded to Everton. For example when King robbed Galloway and was in behind, or when Smith was felled in the box (thinking back to the pen that went against us last week). But the pressure told, a belting individual strike from Adam Smith and a neat finish from Stanislas setup by King drew us level late on.

Finally Everton woke up, and again looked like scoring every time they got into our final third! Not really sure what happened for their 3rd as the penalty box was very crowded, but think Barkley squeezed the ball in the near post which Allsop might have done better with. Cue chaos in the away end, supporters went mental, Everton players on mass ran over to their fans as they surged forwards. A dozen or two spilled into the pitch hugging and jumping around their players. Stewards from all 4 areas of the ground sprinted over to try and contain the situation, and Police moved in.

The home ends were disconsolate dejected and silent, the stuffing was knocked out of us. But Howe jumped around the touchline to encourage the players, the players looked around at each other, and they went for it straight from the kick off. I cannot credit them enough for refusing wallow in self pity as us fans had done. And Daniels stormed up from left back, and arced a pin point cross onto the head of winger-come-centre forward Junior Stanislas. The least likely player in our squad I would put down to win a header. But he got in between the confused Everton centre backs and smashed it past the diving Tim Howard.

And then it was our turn to explode into chaos. More fans on the pitch, with no stewards to stop anyone because they were all over the other side of the ground! Old men jumping between rows of seats like they were teenagers. Crazy stuff. And Tim Howard given much abuse.

In the cold light of day, whilst we must credit our fight and second half aggression, we also have to point out that Everton helped us by falling half asleep for long periods. We may be a small club, with a small ground, but that doesn't mean you can afford to drop so far off your pace against us! But our defence AGAIN was badly exposed at times. The two first half goals weren't even anything complicated to unlock us. We can't really change anything fundamentally about it until January, but I would like to see Cargill sooner than later.

As for goalkeeper, do we recall Boruc from whatever exile he is in, or do we go with Allsop for whom this is too far too early? Only Chelsea up next to answer these issues.

tl:dr

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
Perhaps match reports aren't needed when you can watch 2 minute MOTD clips of Motson mis-pronouncing half our players names, followed by the insightful analysis of Alan Shearer.....:pond:

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Haha sorry mate I was only joking. I'm still sour that Bournemouth cost me a 110/1 bet!

AFCB_Mark

Reaction score
Supports
Yes I can imagine we cost a few bets, I was tempted to include an Everton win in my Acca.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Funny thing is, it was the mental celebrations of the Everton fans, on the pitch and taking an age to be chased down and ejected by stewards, that meant we had the extra couple minutes that weren't signaled to go down the other end.
I'd rather that than follow a team who's fans would be stood still taking photographs just clapping in the same position.
:fish:

PDS

Reaction score
Supports
Bournemouth
Every so often in football you get these moments that are etched into your memory for years to come; the crushing lows and soaring highs of sport are unmatched by anything; but I never thought I’d experience such contrasts within a minute of each other quite like on Saturday.

Approaching the game everything felt a bit flat, the crowd, our tempo; we were expecting a heavy defeat and nothing in the first half suggested otherwise. Everton showed their superiority on and off the ball. Some early heroics from Federici kept it at 0-0 for a while, but once they started to turn the screw a goal was always coming. For anyone who hasn’t seen us defend set pieces in the last few years it’s kind of like watching one of those horrendous league break videos on YouTube; you wince and squirm throughout but the outcome is inevitable; an unmarked weak header through a crowd of lost players ending in our net. It was the same in league 1 and it’s the same now, but a ball in above head height and it WILL end up in our goal.

Yet another injury made us through in Allsop for his first game for us in 2 years; a promising keeper but I really don’t fancy his chances against Chelsea and then United. Luckily he was a spectator as a combination of us playing with purpose and Everton sitting off allowed us to seize the initiative. Adam Smith was direct, pacey and troublesome down the right, completely murdering Galloway every time he went forwards. Despite the dominance, you always felt that it would take a piece of individual brilliance to break through; thankfully Smith provided with a beauty and Dean Court woke up and spurred on a group of players who last season wouldn’t have got near our team.

The misfit nature of our side was underpinned by the brilliance of Josh King and Stanislas; whilst the latter got the goals I felt King was superb; he showed an aggression he had never seen from him before and when Murray came on he took his turn at murdering poor Galloway, laying on the assist for the second.

The Barkley goal was weak; I maintain Allsop should have done better. But the players didn’t deserve a loss; it was cruel and crushing, and to an extent summed up our season. Thankfully Everton took so long celebrating, and oddly making a sub that added another 30 seconds on, that Daniels somehow found himself in space and the stadium erupted soon after. The ovation the players got at the end was well-deserved, a little emotional and although we have a horrible run of fixtures coming up, I hope we can look at Saturday as some kind of a turning point that the days of crumbling after doing behind are over.

johnnytodd

Reaction score
Supports
Everton
Every so often in football you get these moments that are etched into your memory for years to come; the crushing lows and soaring highs of sport are unmatched by anything; but I never thought I’d experience such contrasts within a minute of each other quite like on Saturday.

Approaching the game everything felt a bit flat, the crowd, our tempo; we were expecting a heavy defeat and nothing in the first half suggested otherwise. Everton showed their superiority on and off the ball. Some early heroics from Federici kept it at 0-0 for a while, but once they started to turn the screw a goal was always coming. For anyone who hasn’t seen us defend set pieces in the last few years it’s kind of like watching one of those horrendous league break videos on YouTube; you wince and squirm throughout but the outcome is inevitable; an unmarked weak header through a crowd of lost players ending in our net. It was the same in league 1 and it’s the same now, but a ball in above head height and it WILL end up in our goal.

Yet another injury made us through in Allsop for his first game for us in 2 years; a promising keeper but I really don’t fancy his chances against Chelsea and then United. Luckily he was a spectator as a combination of us playing with purpose and Everton sitting off allowed us to seize the initiative. Adam Smith was direct, pacey and troublesome down the right, completely murdering Galloway every time he went forwards. Despite the dominance, you always felt that it would take a piece of individual brilliance to break through; thankfully Smith provided with a beauty and Dean Court woke up and spurred on a group of players who last season wouldn’t have got near our team.

The misfit nature of our side was underpinned by the brilliance of Josh King and Stanislas; whilst the latter got the goals I felt King was superb; he showed an aggression he had never seen from him before and when Murray came on he took his turn at murdering poor Galloway, laying on the assist for the second.

The Barkley goal was weak; I maintain Allsop should have done better. But the players didn’t deserve a loss; it was cruel and crushing, and to an extent summed up our season. Thankfully Everton took so long celebrating, and oddly making a sub that added another 30 seconds on, that Daniels somehow found himself in space and the stadium erupted soon after. The ovation the players got at the end was well-deserved, a little emotional and although we have a horrible run of fixtures coming up, I hope we can look at Saturday as some kind of a turning point that the days of crumbling after doing behind are over.
Alright alright don't milk it ffs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!