Carlisle v Barrow 31st Jan

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Does this match deserve it's own thread?

Well yes it does, why? Because this is the match where we go 3rd up into the automatics and of course it's the one and only Cumbrian darby, even though we're really just up against some insignificant little tinpotters who have somehow managed to qualify for football league standards.

My prediction: Carlisle 4-0 Barrow

Not much to say really, will just be an easy routine win as we're on fire right now, especially against the shitter teams..

Last edited:

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Expecting a 2-0 defeat here, barring Mansfield away we've gone stale up top since the start of December really, difficult to justify anyone keeping their place so I'm expecting some changes. However, we seem to be better on the road in recent weeks with five points from our last three at Salford, Mansfield and Leyton Orient. Would like to see Newby and/or Jake Young in from the start just to freshen things up more than anything.

And there are two other games:
Crewe v Stockport
Salford v Walsall

Mid-Cheshire-Alex

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Does this match deserve it's own thread?

Well yes it does, why? Because this is the match where we go 3rd up into the automatics and of course it's the one and only Cumbrian darby, even though we're really just up against some insignificant little tinpotters who have somehow managed to qualify for football league standards.

My prediction: Carlisle 4-0 Barrow

Not much to say really, will just be an easy routine win as we're on fire right now, especially against the shitter teams.

Two teams with serious non-league history, should be a classic.....

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
The Carlisle obsession with our meaningless little tinpot club is pretty funny. The fact we're even in the same division must be the source of so much shame and embarrassment up there.

We'll do them comfortably tomorrow night, probably a 2-0 stroll about.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
even though we're really just up against some insignificant little tinpotters who have somehow managed to qualify for football league standards.
79a9kn.jpg

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We should be winning based off of current form, and our home record. The fact it's a local derby and Barrow are bringing so many fans will maybe be a bit of a leveller, if they rediscover their early season form after all it could be a closely matched encounter. I think that might be what happens but hopefully we'll still win. I'd say 2-1 a bit scrappy.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
The Carlisle obsession with our meaningless little tinpot club is pretty funny. The fact we're even in the same division must be the source of so much shame and embarrassment up there.

We'll do them comfortably tomorrow night, probably a 2-0 stroll about.

Well you do have the worst stadium within at least the top 5 tiers of English football, so yes it is embarrassing to not only share the same league as you but the same county too.

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
We should be winning based off of current form, and our home record. The fact it's a local derby and Barrow are bringing so many fans will maybe be a bit of a leveller, if they rediscover their early season form after all it could be a closely matched encounter. I think that might be what happens but hopefully we'll still win. I'd say 2-1 a bit scrappy.

I'm giving up the chance to tick The Walks (KL v BPA) off my List to catch this one on the TV/Laptop, so how about a treat of flowing football?

Horizontal rain and a "stiff breeze" off the Solway in the forecast. They'll just get it down and play, won't they?

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We haven’t been that good recently to be honest. This year we’ve beaten struggling Newport, Hartlepool and Rochdale which is great as you can only beat what’s in front of you, but the performances particularly first half of Newport and most of the Rochdale game haven’t been good. Hartlepool was a half decent display but calamity Killip gave us a helping hand. Donny turned us over comfortably in our other game this year, they capitalised on our inability to keep hold of the ball.

This will be a tough test and we’ll need to be better. I haven’t seen any signs from the 4 games this year that we have enough to beat a team like barrow who possess better quality than the 3 teams we’ve recently beat. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong and I would honestly take a point right now ahead of a match against struggling Harrogate. But as for predictions I honestly can’t see anything other than a Barrow win, sadly.

Carlisle United 1-2 Barrow

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Well you do have the worst stadium within at least the top 5 tiers of English football, so yes it is embarrassing to not only share the same league as you but the same county too.
Carver were you bullied at school?

I’m not trying to reopen old wounds or anything and there’s nothing to be ashamed off if you were. But the way you are towards people, seemingly getting a thrill from antagonising and mocking them, getting a sense of power by belittling people etc is a classic sign of someone who has been given a hard time off people in early life.

Mid-Cheshire-Alex

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
How is Cumbria carved up, do United boss everywhere down to Whitehaven, then after that it"s Barra's patch, makes sense that the bluebirds would run Coniston seeing as that's where Bluebird bitter is brewed. Is the Bowness/Windermere/Ambleside triangle up for grabs? Kendal is a free city.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I haven’t seen any signs from the 4 games this year that we have enough to beat a team like barrow who possess better quality than the 3 teams we’ve recently beat. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong and I would honestly take a point right now ahead of a match against struggling Harrogate. But as for predictions I honestly can’t see anything other than a Barrow win, sadly.

Carlisle United 1-2 Barrow

:fl: Are you a parody account? Don't get me wrong, it's a tough game with a whole bunch of factors that could work for or against us. But you honestly can't see anything other than a Barrow win? We've won 5 out of 6, including our last 3.

At no other club on this flying ball of land and water would any fan feel that way...

How is Cumbria carved up, do United boss everywhere down to Whitehaven, then after that it"s Barra's patch, makes sense that the bluebirds would run Coniston seeing as that's where Bluebird bitter is brewed. Is the Bowness/Windermere/Ambleside triangle up for grabs? Kendal is a free city.

Barrow isn't truly Cumbrian. They got booted out of Lancashire, so we adopted them out of sympathy - but nobody really wanted them. Cumbrians support Carlisle (or Man Utd, or Liverpool, or Chelsea).

Plenty of Carlisle fans in Kendal, and dotted around the Lake District. Decent contingent out amongst the jam-eaters of West Cumbria too.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
:fl: Are you a parody account? Don't get me wrong, it's a tough game with a whole bunch of factors that could work for or against us. But you honestly can't see anything other than a Barrow win? We've won 5 out of 6, including our last 3.

Why are you telling me we’ve won our last 3 when I literally just said so in the post you replied to?

We’ve won the last 3, but in my opinion haven’t played particularly well in them against teams really struggling for points.

We played similarly against Doncaster and got easily beaten and that’s what will happen if we perform like that against barrow. All I’m saying is we’ll need to be better than recent performances to beat barrow. Why such a hysterical reaction? but the question is will we be better? Maybe we will, but I don’t think so. We were looking tired on Saturday and only just got away with it against bottom of the league and that’s why I can see barrow turning us over.

And it’s called a prediction. Sometimes they are right and often they can be wrong. I’m not a fortune teller.

Last edited:

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
The only hysteria I see is in your own post. You literally said you can't see anything other than a win for Barrow, a side who've hardly set the world on fire lately. That's not the same as the diluted version in your latest reply. They haven't scored in over three hours of football, and I think I'm right in saying they've only won 1 in 7?

We ground out a result on Saturday. We didn't play well but we still won against a side battling for its existence. That's what successful teams do - they win even when they're not playing well. As for the Donny game, that was arguably our worst performance of the season - we were shambolic, including defensively - and not comparable to anything over the past few games where we've been far more solid defensively.

Tell me, how do you feel Farman will deal with our set pieces? Or Pat Brough against Gordon (or Patrick for that matter)?

I understand the need for feet to be kept firmly on the ground, but the position that you can't see a way for us to get anything out of the game is verging on absurdity.

I'll not be making any predictions on this one, other than that every police officer in Cumbria will be milking the overtime for this... I can see us winning it, I can see them winning it, and I can see it finishing level. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it. Should be fun...

coronakopite

Reaction score
Supports
cambridge united
Barrow isn't truly Cumbrian. They got booted out of Lancashire, so we adopted them out of sympathy - but nobody really wanted them. Cumbrians support Carlisle (or Man Utd, or Liverpool, or Chelsea).

Plenty of Carlisle fans in Kendal, and dotted around the Lake District. Decent contingent out amongst the jam-eaters of West Cumbria too.

Moonie is broadly right.

There are more Barrow supporters in London (probably in Cambs, Suffolk or Hampshire) than there are in proper Cumbria.

Incidentally, the administrative county that was Cumbria ends its 51 year life on 1 April - when Cumberland is re-instated and Barrow annexes Westmorland into the new Lancashire satellite of Westmorland & Furness.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle United home record: P13 W7 D5 L1 F20 A10 PTS26

Barrow away record: P13 W4 D3 L6 F13 A19 PTS15

Only a Barrow victory can be seen?

The form over the last 10 games...

Carlisle 20 points 17 for 7 against.
Barrow 9 points 8 for 15 against.

So Carlisle 2 points per game, 1.7 goals scored and 0.7 against.

Barrow 0.9 points per game, 0.8 goals scored and 1.5 against.

Again only a Barrow victory can be seen?

Not for one second saying that we're going to smash them but I reckon we've got a fair chance of a victory.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Plenty of active Carlisle fans in Kendal.

There's buses that go to various Premier League clubs (Manchester United/City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds) and the Old Firm clubs.

Also a fair share of Preston, Burnley, Blackpool and even Morecambe.

Quite a footballing town Kendal.

Yet the town's football team are garbage.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It’s a prediction you pair of utter freaks.
Why you’re reading so much into and getting so touchy over a fucking prediction is weird.

I only put 2-1 as well. i hate to think how much you’d be crying and bitching if I’d put 4-0 or something.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Carver were you bullied at school?

I’m not trying to reopen old wounds or anything and there’s nothing to be ashamed off if you were. But the way you are towards people, seemingly getting a thrill from antagonising and mocking them, getting a sense of power by belittling people etc is a classic sign of someone who has been given a hard time off people in early life.

I could ask the same of you HG, surely someone as negative and pessimistic as you must go through life with no joy at all and has only ever experienced failure and expects only that.

'I honestly can’t see anything other than a Barrow win'

Oh you sad poor man. Lol

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I could ask the same of you HG, surely someone as negative and pessimistic as you must go through life with no joy at all and has only ever experienced failure and expects only that.

'I honestly can’t see anything other than a Barrow win'

Oh you sad poor man. Lol
You can ask and I’ll answer. No I wasn’t thankfully.

But if I did, or indeed you did there’d be nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens.

I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m winning at life. There are plenty more things I want to achieve in my time, but I certainly aren’t failing like you suggest, im confident enough to say.
As a football fan however, I’m used to constant disappointment following this club which maybe explains why I always expect a big kick in the balls just around the corner. I enjoy the success the rare times they come, but I don’t expect them so just take them as they come.

Last edited:

Mid-Cheshire-Alex

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Plenty of active Carlisle fans in Kendal.

There's buses that go to various Premier League clubs (Manchester United/City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds) and the Old Firm clubs.

Also a fair share of Preston, Burnley, Blackpool and even Morecambe.

Quite a footballing town Kendal.

Yet the town's football team are garbage.

Last time I went to Carlisle to watch the Alex, 2019/20 season, a load of lads dressed as carrots jumped on the train at Oxenholme and came into the away end with us and had a right blast.

Used to live in Kendal, have a real soft spot for the place.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
It’s a prediction you pair of utter freaks.
Why you’re reading so much into and getting so touchy over a fucking prediction is weird.

I only put 2-1 as well. i hate to think how much you’d be crying and bitching if I’d put 4-0 or something.
I'm simply trying to comprehend how you got to the conclusion that a Barrow win is the only logical outcome?

If that makes me a freak then so be it.

It's a football message board, views are meant to be discussed and argued, with evidence provided to back up.

I look forward to taking a trip to my local branch of HG Bookmakers in the near future. There's sure to be plenty of value to be found.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
You can ask and I’ll answer. No I wasn’t thankfully.

But if I did, or indeed you did there’d be nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens.

I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m winning at life. There are plenty more things I want to achieve in my time, but I certainly aren’t failing like you suggest, im confident enough to say.
As a football fan however, I’m used to constant disappointment following this club which maybe explains why I always expect a big kick in the balls just around the corner. I enjoy the success the rare times they come, but I don’t expect them so just take them as they come.

Paul Simpson is at the helm, our greatest manager of the 21st century, so no need to worry about any disappointment around the corner like a double relegation if we were to go up. Lol

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
For what it's worth going off the overall table, recent form and goal records. I'd give us roughly a 53% chance of winning or just under 10/11. Not exactly clear cut!

Take into account the bookies margin and I'd be looking at anything evens and above a value bet in our favour. I saw 23/20 last night which would make us a bet. Not often this season have the bookies offered a tad of value about us.

I don't bet on us though because losing is a double whammy.

Incidentally there's a team in League Two offering great value tonight. That team is Crewe. Way over the odds. I'm pretty risk averse so I'd probably be looking at +1 Crewe on the Asian handicap.

Unlikely I'll fire on the bet though due to the unpredictable consistencies of League Two football players.

The other thing with that Crewe game is that I've got quite a Carlisle United bias towards the fixture which is difficult to ignore given our results against those two teams. That's making me overrate Stockport and underrate Crewe in my mind.

Last edited:

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Carlisle folk are generally grateful we were "adopted" into Cumbria. Now the county has a major population centre that is renowned for producing world class feats of maritime engineering, as opposed to simply making biscuits.

Last edited:

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle folk are generally grateful we were "adopted" into Cumbria. Now the county has a major population centre than is renowned for producing world class feats of maritime engineering, as opposed to simply making biscuits.
Ease up man!!

We're also top notch producers of cake (mint), pudding (sticky toffee) and bread (ginger).

Along with fields full of lamb.

We know our food.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!