CUFC Jabo Derby 6/6 (Carlisle v Cambridge) THE DECIDER!

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
The CUFC League looks as follows
______________P__W__D__L__F__A__Pts
Carlisle _______3___2__1__0__4__1___7
Cambridge_____3___1__1__1__2__2___4
Colchester_____4___0__2__2__1__2___2

Colchester's season is over but a 2-0 for Cambridge will see them win the season's biggest prize. Anything else will see Carlisle take it. This is going to be one hell of an occasion with the great man himself being in attendance. Personally I would love to see us win 4-1 with Jabo coming scoring a consolation goal for Cambridge in the second half.

Although just a week ago I was saying, not to start Bennett he did well against Crawley so we should start him against Cambridge. I would never have thought I'd hear the fans boo Curle for taking Bennett off, but mostly that shows what a fickle bunch they are and why I don't join in booing of a decision I don't agree with. A run in the side after a good performance might be just what he needs to find his feet at this level, best do it now while there's still enough games left for him. He may of course be poor again but we've nothing to lose, and his goal against Crawley, while excellent, shows he has a good shot on him (which I knew) but still not sure he'd be able to tap it home from inside the area while being pressured by a defender.

So, same starting line-up as last weekend please, or maybe Joyce in for Jones.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I don’t think many were actualky booing him for bringing Bennett off, even though he played very well. It was more the replacements and the negative fuckwitted mindset that went with it , taking strikers off for wingers and attacking mid off for defensive mid . It handed the initiative over to crawley and was pretty much like Curle invited them to take a share of the spoils. Fucking prick!

Had he brought Stockton on for Bennett, a like for like change would have meant the shape of the team stayed the same and we probably would have gone on to win.

Still boiling about it nearly a week later.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I don’t think many were actualky booing him for bringing Bennett off, even though he played very well. It was more the replacements and the negative fuckwitted mindset that went with it , taking strikers off for wingers and attacking mid off for defensive mid . It handed the initiative over to crawley and was pretty much like Curle invited them to take a share of the spoils. Fucking prick!

Had he brought Stockton on for Bennett, a like for like change would have meant the shape of the team stayed the same and we probably would have gone on to win.

Still boiling about it nearly a week later.

Those around me definitely seemed to want him to take off 'that useless twat' Nadesan and when it was O'Sullivan coming out someone declared confidently that this player was 'rubbish'. None of them were especially familiar to me.

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We're on for a historic treble. In the Cambs invitation cup final, could win the CUFC league on Saturday and I think we're a great shout to win the mid-table thread too

cufc17

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle
Should’ve been going into this one with a little bit of hope of the playoffs, but after bottling it big style last week, there’s little enthusiasm.

It’ll be nice to see Jabo return, will definitely get a great reception. I’d take a 4-3 home win, Bennett hat trick, Hill, Jabo hat trick just for some entertainment.

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
It's going to be a hell of a day if we can pull it off, what an occasion, this is what it's all about.

Love a trip up to Carlisle, always a decent group of us on the train, couple of good boozers, proper football ground (even if it's Baltic in that away stand), hopefully I can see the whole game this season.

Same message as every week seemingly, would like to see us mix it up, can't see it happening, expect a couple of changes (impossible not to after last week), but the diamond will probably remain.

Mitov, Halliday, Legge, Taylor, Carroll (reluctantly), Amoo, Deegan, Brown, Dunk, Ikpeazu, Ibhere.
Subs: Forde, Taft, O'Neill, Elito, Lewis, Maris, Waters

1-0 home win.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
I think most of the regulars will travel in decent numbers, despite the end of season wind-down feel that has developed in recent weeks. There's a bunch of Hibs fans and associates coming down from Edinburgh to see some proper teams during their international break. I haven't found any double-headers or side trips to tempt me into the long journey north, especially as my irregular side-kicks gave up on away trips early in the New Year.

I imagine there may be a couple of changes but Joe Dunne's approach seems to be working on what they know and doing better, bit by bit. That means Plan A will probably be to start with the diamond and bring Amoo and Jabo off the bench after 60 minutes or so. He has other options, with Mingoia and BBB Corr available and I expect he'll find room for Elito but otherwise I anticipate:

Forde
Halliday, Legge, Taylor, Dunk
Deegan
O'Neil, Brown, Maris
Waters, Ikpeazu

Subs: Mitov, Carroll, Taft, Lewis, Mingoia, Ibehre, Corr

I've predicted a loss elsewhere and most pundits (1FF and beyond) seem to anticipate a home win and goals. First to score will be crucial for a win but I see 2-2 and a disappointing end to the CUFC league season but both still fighting for the mid-table prize.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Should’ve been going into this one with a little bit of hope of the playoffs, but after bottling it big style last week, there’s little enthusiasm.

It’ll be nice to see Jabo return, will definitely get a great reception. I’d take a 4-3 home win, Bennett hat trick, Hill, Jabo hat trick just for some entertainment.

We played better once we abandoned hope of making the playoffs anyway, so perhaps we'll do so again.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Hmm, we all know there are three categories of transfer signings - 1.good 2. meh 3.poor/wtf were we thinking, and even though we're in March, I still haven't really made up my mind on which category 'the Islington Assassin' falls into. Right now I'd probably opt for cat.no 2. He hasn't been a poor signing but neither has he been exceptionally good as to warrant an inclusion with the good signings. I know he was out for quite some time and has missed quite a lot of games, but the U's fans were all anticipating this anyway due to his age. Best compliment I can give him at this time is that it's a shame we could only afford him this year, at 35 years of age. We're not and have never been a moneybags club like Carlisle :shifty:

Thing is I think having Uche alongside Jabo is more of a hindrance, and personally I don't think it works as it leaves the midfielders exposed and generally looking too lightweight. But Uche is seemingly undroppable, although tbf that sounds just about right as he makes things happen even when not having the greatest of matches. Which leads me to how I'd like us to line up -

Mitov
Halliday - Legge - Taylor - Taft
Elito - Deagan - O'Neil - Dunk
Brown
Uche

Subs - Forde, Maris, Amoo, Jabo, Lewis, Waters, Carroll.

Possibly Carroll in for Taft, or Elito to play alongside Deagan as a holding mid, as I thought he was decent enough when he played there, well better than either O'Neil or Philips anyway. What I'm sure of however are two things - Forde needs to be dropped (but he won't )and Dunk is not a decent LB. As for Corr and Mingoia, I think both are still not 100% fit so I'll be surprised if either one of them makes the match day squad. And anyway, as much as it pains me to say it, Corr's career as a FL player is over.

1-1 or a 2-1 CUFC win.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I’d play Jabo and Uche up top tomorrow, we’ve got nothing to play for and nothing to lose from playing 2 up top away from home - rare for us to have an opportunity to do it. And I’m a sentimental git, it would be nice for Jabo too.

I’d rest Jevani. He’s had a decent first season for us but he’s struggled a bit recently and I reckon a bit of a refresh would do him good. I’d be tempted to go with Vanni’s main man, Elito, in midfield with Deegan. Amoo on the right, Dunk on the left:

Mitov

Halliday
Legge
Taft
Taylor

Amoo
Deegan
Elito
Dunk

Ibehre
Uche

The alternative is to go 3-5-2 with the same 11 except Maris in for Amoo, and Dunk & Halliday as wing backs. Either way, I think we should go with two strikers.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Lambe and Twardek both away on international duty. I'd go:

Bonham
Liddle__Hill__Ellis__Parkes
___Jones__Joyce__Devitt_
___Nadesan__Bennett__Hope

Bench: Gray, Grainger, Brown, O'Sullivan, Nabi, JCR, Stockton

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
If Jabo starts we’ll lose imo.

Brunton Park is his home. He just plays well here. always has done and always will do.

So fucking wish we still had him.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Twitter
@habbinalan
If Jabo starts we’ll lose imo.

Brunton Park is his home. He just plays well here. always has done and always will do.

So fucking wish we still had him.
Us too.....

He's only started 15 league matches (5 sub) and had to come off through injury in 2 or 3 of those. Corr aside, he's the only real goal scorer at the club but I fear he'll be gone (to Orient probably) at the end of the season.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Us too.....

He's only started 15 league matches (5 sub) and had to come off through injury in 2 or 3 of those. Corr aside, he's the only real goal scorer at the club but I fear he'll be gone (to Orient probably) at the end of the season.
Derry can't have been the best manager for him to work under. He needs a good range of supply, not hoofballs.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Twitter
@habbinalan
Derry can't have been the best manager for him to work under. He needs a good range of supply, not hoofballs.
We had Mingoia pinging in the crosses for most of his starts when we had a settled side and a decent run of results in Sept/Oct. However, his most memorable goals have been fox in the box follow-ups, usually to Uche shots. One or the other (or both) have usually scored when they have started together. Perhaps nostalgia or a gut feeling will kick in and they'll start together today. If Amoo is on as well, there should be goals at both ends cos we'll be wide open at the back.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Haha I forgot you had Amoo. To be fair to him he had games where he looked like he could be playing in the championship minimum, and he was a threat in the air from crosses, but too many games where he looked like a competition winner getting a game in a testimonial match.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Amoo was easily affected by criticism from the stands and there were a lot of games where he never tried to go past his man, even though he had the ability to. Kavanagh ruined him too by deciding he would make a good striker.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Twitter
@habbinalan
Haha I forgot you had Amoo. To be fair to him he had games where he looked like he could be playing in the championship minimum, and he was a threat in the air from crosses, but too many games where he looked like a competition winner getting a game in a testimonial match.
Consistently good when he's on the pitch but injured on and off most of the season. Become a bit of a fans' favourite since his last return from injury. Purely used as a right winger.

First start of the season was 30/12 and scored. Went off injured on 2nd start (1/1). Other wise he's just been impact sub when we need width to chase some goals - I think 15 sub appearances.

I'm sure you'll see him at some stage unless we're strolling it.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
________Bonham
Liddle __Hill___Ellis__Grainger
______Joyce__Jones
Devitt________________Hope
______Nadesan Bennett

Gray, Parkes, Brown, Nabi, O'Sullivan, Stockton, Egan

Roughly as I expected. JCR hasn't recovered well enough to make the bench, the only real talking point is Grainger back in at left-back for Parkes, I imagine the idea is that Grainger gives us more going forward.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We’re the better side but couldn’t score in a fucking brothel. Cambridge have offered nothing so far and their manager was going mad at his players as they came off. If we were half decent going forward we’d be winning comfortably.

It’s got 0-1 written all over it.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Can’t wait til this season is done. Sick of this shit zero creativity brand of football

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Can’t wait til this season is done. Sick of this shit zero creativity brand of football

Well instead of moaning why don't you get off your fucking couch sized arse and make enough money to buy and takeover the club and then make it better.

Because unless someone with a positive vision for the club takes over, then nothing is ever going to get better.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
the celebrations over winning the cufc league will surely go on long into the night, what an occasion!

I thought we played pretty well overall, just the usual lack of a deadly striker. Some of our best chances fell to Hill and Ellis, actually Ellis was unlucky not to have a couple, but had we had someone like Jabo or Wyke, or even Kennedy we'd be scoring two or three from the chances we created today.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
the celebrations over winning the cufc league will surely go on long into the night, what an occasion!

I thought we played pretty well overall, just the usual lack of a deadly striker. Some of our best chances fell to Hill and Ellis, actually Ellis was unlucky not to have a couple, but had we had someone like Jabo or Wyke, or even Kennedy we'd be scoring two or three from the chances we created today.

So fucking frustrating. We’ve had a shite defence for years, then as soon as we get a half decent one, we lose all attacking threat from our team.

We solve one problem then create another.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I gave up as soon as Carlisle scored as that meant we had to score three goals, such a hammer blow that goal was. Disappointed we didn't win this league but in a way I'm happy for the Carlisle fans as they've finally won something and perhaps, just perhaps, HG starts seeing things in a different light.

PS - Note to my good buddy Carver -

Cambridge v Carlisle H2H record since 1998 -

Camb wins 6
drawn matches 7
Carlisle wins 1 :lol:

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
On the face of it a decent point but it sounds and appear from the highlights that Carlisle were all over us with Forde keeping us in it while we had one header and scored.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
On the face of it a decent point but it sounds and appear from the highlights that Carlisle were all over us with Forde keeping us in it while we had one header and scored.
Was a pretty good save from Ellis in the final minutes, we all thought it was very much in. For all that we had of the ball in the final third though, Forde didn't have a whole lot to do. Jamie Devitt gave his bollocks a cheeky little tickle when he was laying on the ball though so I'm sure he'll be going home tonight a happy man.

Had this been the first game of the season, I'd have been raving about how well we were going to do based on our build up play but instead it's the final nail in our play-off coffin.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Large

Copping a feel

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
I gave up as soon as Carlisle scored as that meant we had to score three goals, such a hammer blow that goal was. Disappointed we didn't win this league but in a way I'm happy for the Carlisle fans as they've finally won something and perhaps, just perhaps, HG starts seeing things in a different light.

PS - Note to my good buddy Carver -

Cambridge v Carlisle H2H record since 1998 -

Camb wins 6
drawn matches 7
Carlisle wins 1 :lol:

Oh and there are so many of those draws that should of been wins to us.

Vanni I really do not give a shit, almost all of my interest in Carlisle United has been sapped from me this season because of how unpromising it has been and how dull our future looks. :sl:

Not that it stops you from still being a bellend, but all I have to say right now is "Meh".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny69
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV