Emirates FA Cup 2020/21

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You may actually be right on this occasion.....for what its worth i quite like Devon lads attitude
He may be a little too right wing, but he supports his team and he has given me stick but never ever got personal.
I told you attack me on here and dont whine when you get it returned
I told you do not whine about personal attacks on yourself when you are constantly doing it to others. Every single thing you accuse others of doing you are guilty of yourself. When you take the time to sit in front of a mirror and have a bloody good look at yourself perhaps a better person might emerge.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Wednesday are very beatable for us. We have a great record against them and they will be fearing an upset. Bring it on.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I told you do not whine about personal attacks on yourself when you are constantly doing it to others. Every single thing you accuse others of doing you are guilty of yourself. When you take the time to sit in front of a mirror and have a bloody good look at yourself perhaps a better person might emerge.
Wrong i have 4 that i will constantly give as good as i receive, i just talk football with many here
Including other Tranmere fans, perhaps you need to look at that mirror and wonder why you are one of the four.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Wrong i have 4 that i will constantly give as good as i receive, i just talk football with many here
Including other Tranmere fans, perhaps you need to look at that mirror and wonder why you are one of the four.
You make sly digs at everybody. There is a huge difference between banter and snide remarks that you make. I never responded to any Port Vale fans after our win against them because we have all been in their place before but not many gloat about it because we all know that we are where we belong. Its possible we might have stayed up if last season had finished but thats all gone now. We are in this division and like every clubs sensible fans do not fantasise about things. As far as i am aware not one other person on here claims to know the ins and outs of our finances even though they are easily accesible, unlike your clubs.

Grumpy Grecian

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Wednesday are very beatable for us. We have a great record against them and they will be fearing an upset. Bring it on.
Small trivia factoid but Wednesday have never won at the TRUE St James' Park, their record being P6 D1 L5 GF 6 GA 15.

Oh and sorry masie, but it seems you'll have to wait a little while longer before you can enjoy our West country hospitality. We've got some bigger fish to fry now on Jan 9th.

Last edited:

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
We have a good record against Wednesday but I suspect we have zero chance of getting on the TV (again) so we need to win it.
Possible i could go to this, which is exciting
I can go to this one - Although I expect only season ticket holders will be offered tickets wont they?

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD

With Pulis they will probably play for a draw and penalties.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You make sly digs at everybody. There is a huge difference between banter and snide remarks that you make. I never responded to any Port Vale fans after our win against them because we have all been in their place before but not many gloat about it because we all know that we are where we belong. Its possible we might have stayed up if last season had finished but thats all gone now. We are in this division and like every clubs sensible fans do not fantasise about things. As far as i am aware not one other person on here claims to know the ins and outs of our finances even though they are easily accesible, unlike your clubs.
You really need to read what you have wrote. Firstly its a football forum if you come from behind in injury time and not only draw level but go on to win feel free to gloat,,,, it does not happen every week.
You got relegated last season because you never got enough points.......I have not much time for Vale, but i dont hear them bleating how if the season carried on they would have been promoted.
I would not call it Fantasise but most have inspirations dreams of going on to bigger and better things than lge 2.
You end with a cheap dig at both me and the club i support. Normal times i have never given a shite about finances,but it nearly ended the club and it was made public, then you have a cheap dig at Bolton...we are transparent we have to declare our finances like every limited company and we have transparent owners. Gone are the days where we was run irresponsibly.
Carry on if you wish in the same direction and i will do likewise. Ignore me if you wish may be for the better or stop the personal attacks and i may engage in football conversation.......not bothered what you choose to do.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
You really need to read what you have wrote. Firstly its a football forum if you come from behind in injury time and not only draw level but go on to win feel free to gloat,,,, it does not happen every week.
You got relegated last season because you never got enough points.......I have not much time for Vale, but i dont hear them bleating how if the season carried on they would have been promoted.
I would not call it Fantasise but most have inspirations dreams of going on to bigger and better things than lge 2.
You end with a cheap dig at both me and the club i support. Normal times i have never given a shite about finances,but it nearly ended the club and it was made public, then you have a cheap dig at Bolton...we are transparent we have to declare our finances like every limited company and we have transparent owners. Gone are the days where we was run irresponsibly.
Carry on if you wish in the same direction and i will do likewise. Ignore me if you wish may be for the better or stop the personal attacks and i may engage in football conversation.......not bothered what you choose to do.

Its the game we love, Tranmere hurt like hell but on the flip side on the rare occasion such an event happened with us the victor we would be buzzing and that's what makes those shit days worth while. Still remember a huge relegation 6 pointer at the end of the 2003 season when Northampton went 2-1 up at Vale Park in the 89th minute only for us to equalise in the 92nd and win it in the 94th minute... Brian Horton to explode at a fan who had kicked off when they went ahead 5 minutes earlier but great day (day after me 18th too so even better!)

In terms of promotion we probably would of made the play offs, Northampton had a horrible run of fixtures and they were out of form, we were on a long unbeaten run and looking good but there was nothing we could do about it, even if we did kick off we'd have lost the argument and it wasn't good for the game to play on, hence Carol sacrificed it. We may or may not of capped a memorable season with promotion but that chapter wasn't to be completed to find out so we may well not have.

Hopefully in time our gesture will come back around on us, I was proud of the club for making the right decision regardless of how hurtful it was to the club, the fans and the players, after years of Smurf and disastrous PR it felt good to see us in a good light again.

I dont see the issue with Bolton wanting more, I want us out this league (the top way!) and surely everyone does. I feel anything below League One is not good enough for the club with its history and size but so do many other fans at this level, I was treated as I was growing up to one of the, if not the greatest Vale sides in history in the 90's when we even challenged for promotion to the Premier League at one point so I guess maybe that inflates expectation!

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Good draw for you both 87k shoot out and a real 50/50 game one of you will be playing in the 4th round
Getting a big club this year is NOT what you want.

agreed, we certainly got a smaller club just one that’s better than us.

Cheltenham will be firm favourites

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Its the game we love, Tranmere hurt like hell but on the flip side on the rare occasion such an event happened with us the victor we would be buzzing and that's what makes those shit days worth while. Still remember a huge relegation 6 pointer at the end of the 2003 season when Northampton went 2-1 up at Vale Park in the 89th minute only for us to equalise in the 92nd and win it in the 94th minute... Brian Horton to explode at a fan who had kicked off when they went ahead 5 minutes earlier but great day (day after me 18th too so even better!)

In terms of promotion we probably would of made the play offs, Northampton had a horrible run of fixtures and they were out of form, we were on a long unbeaten run and looking good but there was nothing we could do about it, even if we did kick off we'd have lost the argument and it wasn't good for the game to play on, hence Carol sacrificed it. We may or may not of capped a memorable season with promotion but that chapter wasn't to be completed to find out so we may well not have.

Hopefully in time our gesture will come back around on us, I was proud of the club for making the right decision regardless of how hurtful it was to the club, the fans and the players, after years of Smurf and disastrous PR it felt good to see us in a good light again.

I dont see the issue with Bolton wanting more, I want us out this league (the top way!) and surely everyone does. I feel anything below League One is not good enough for the club with its history and size but so do many other fans at this level, I was treated as I was growing up to one of the, if not the greatest Vale sides in history in the 90's when we even challenged for promotion to the Premier League at one point so I guess maybe that inflates expectation!
We had a period from 88-89 until 94-95 that was fantastic but that came to an end and resulted in us dropping 3 divisions. Luckily we got new owners who wanted to return the club to a status more fitting of us without throwing money at the playing side of things. We were probably promoted too soon in 2019 but it was a great day and you do not get them every year. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards and we are a far stronger club for that. We didnt act like we were below our level because that was the level we belonged at then. We got relegated in 2015 because we had been run on a shoestring for years and it took 3 years to fix that. I moaned about PPG because it was an easy choice not a good one. Water under the bridge now though.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers

Ask any supporter of a club that has spent time in the Conference/National League after being relegated and they will tell you League 2 is paradise in comparison. Enjoyable torment is how i would describe our time in non league. Strangely we made a friendship with a small club from Reigate in Surrey called South Park FC. Reigate and Birkenhead certainly make strange bedfellows. Polar opposites in many ways.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
I can go to this one - Although I expect only season ticket holders will be offered tickets wont they?
I dont think Season Ticket holders count for this one. Fm

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Ask any supporter of a club that has spent time in the Conference/National League after being relegated and they will tell you League 2 is paradise in comparison. Enjoyable torment is how i would describe our time in non league. Strangely we made a friendship with a small club from Reigate in Surrey called South Park FC. Reigate and Birkenhead certainly make strange bedfellows. Polar opposites in many ways.
I enjoyed non league. Mainly the games with wrexham and Chester, but also going to little places I've never heard of like Nailsworth. I did learn that most non league towns are just bland suburbia though, disappointingly.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
Non league football is best appreciated in the rear view mirror. I enjoyed many of the days out, but so glad it was only for 5 years.
Of course, we shouldn't take it for granted that we wont end up back there.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Non league football is best appreciated in the rear view mirror. I enjoyed many of the days out, but so glad it was only for 5 years.
Of course, we shouldn't take it for granted that we wont end up back there.
Did you sample the excellent Kidderminster food while you were down? Those things were hearty. Heard a rumour the fella that cooked them had died, sadly

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Did you sample the excellent Kidderminster food while you were down? Those things were hearty. Heard a rumour the fella that cooked them had died, sadly
I had one, was not impressed. Went back for a second just to make sure I hadnt picked up a dud. Confirmed my suspicions. Massively overrated. Great away day generally though.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I had one, was not impressed. Went back for a second just to make sure I hadnt picked up a dud. Confirmed my suspicions. Massively overrated. Great away day generally though.
Hmmm... maybe he had an off day! The one I tried was lovely - big and fresh. It's not gourmet food, but as far as football food goes it was easily the best I've had.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I enjoyed non league. Mainly the games with wrexham and Chester, but also going to little places I've never heard of like Nailsworth. I did learn that most non league towns are just bland suburbia though, disappointingly.
We would never of had May the 12th 2018 and its following 3 days of lunacy without being non league. The time there re-ignited the fire in the club so it had a good effect on us. Not wanting any more but they were interesting years.

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Hmmm... maybe he had an off day! The one I tried was lovely - big and fresh. It's not gourmet food, but as far as football food goes it was easily the best I've had.
I think thats what I struggled with, the hype made me think I was gonna get a pub lunch in a tray. It's still football food. A darn sight better than a pukka pie mind you.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I think thats what I struggled with, the hype made me think I was gonna get a pub lunch in a tray. It's still football food. A darn sight better than a pukka pie mind you.
Try the burgers at Tranmere. They fight back.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Re football food.

Have you tried the pies at Morecambe? Sat and had a pie and a pint the only time I've been there and it was lovely.

Shame about the 6-0 scoreline.

Casey

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Re football food.

Have you tried the pies at Morecambe? Sat and had a pie and a pint the only time I've been there and it was lovely.

Shame about the 6-0 scoreline.

Casey
I lived a 5 minute walk from the Globe, so went regularly for a few years. I was always disappointed by the pies after all the hype they were given. I heard they changed supplier when they moved ground.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I always thought the pies at Morecambe were cooked in house. In my opinion the best pies in the football league by a country mile.
Pies at Kidderminster my all time favourite though.
Going back a good few years the pie and peas at Rochdale’s Spotland were the best.
Have not touched any food at Tranmere for years, was always poor quality at premium prices.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I always thought the pies at Morecambe were cooked in house. In my opinion the best pies in the football league by a country mile.
Pies at Kidderminster my all time favourite though.
Going back a good few years the pie and peas at Rochdale’s Spotland were the best.
Have not touched any food at Tranmere for years, was always poor quality at premium prices.
I'm sure they were Potts pies for a while. Maybe I'm getting it all wrong, I must have ordered the wrong ones when I went!

Research edit: they were Potts, then they started doing the award winning ones in house. Apparently the pie chef left in 2017 though.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
If exeter are anything like us st holders will get priority on ticket sales.
Maybe, but we have a number of priority groups- supporters trust, foundation members, etc.

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Maybe, but we have a number of priority groups- supporters trust, foundation members, etc.
I remember the arguments when our supporters club members (£20) were given the same priority as season ticket holders for an away game somewhere. Nearly tore the club apart :box:

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
The South Park-TRFC relationship is an example of what’s good about football. We beat them in the FA Trophy, but they scored the goal of the game, a worldie free-kick. South Park fans have been to Wembley with us. When they recently ran a crowd-funding event to maintain facilities they were helped by individual Rovers fans and a significant donation from the supporters group to meet their target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!