- Jan 17, 2015
- Reaction score
- Jack Wilshere
- Everton and Chelsea have been paired together nine times in the FA Cup - with Chelsea prevailing in six of those ties, and Everton advancing on three occasions.
- However, Chelsea have never won an FA Cup game at Goodison Park (L1, D2).
- The sides last met in the competition in 2011, when Everton went through after winning a fourth-round replay at Stamford Bridge via a penalty shoot-out.
- The Toffees have won five of their last nine home games against Chelsea in all competitions (D1, L3), scoring in each of those matches.
- The Toffees have lost five of their last seven FA Cup quarter-finals, including the last two.
- They have reached the FA Cup quarter-finals for the fifth time in eight seasons.
- Roberto Martinez's men have lost three of their last four home games.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored in each of his four FA Cup appearances for Everton.
- Aaron Lennon has scored in five of his last seven appearances and has six goals in 2016 - compared to just four in the previous three calendar years.
- The last time the Blues lost an FA Cup quarter-final was against Barnsley in 2008. Since then they have won four of five matches at this stage, drawing the other at Manchester United in 2013.
- Guus Hiddink has won all six of his FA Cup matches in charge of Chelsea.
- Diego Costa has scored or assisted 17 goals in his last 15 games in all competitions (11 goals, 6 assists).