Match Day FA 1st Round - 5-8th November

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
I'm sure they would but they both looked terrible on Saturday.

Wasn’t a great game, but they were playing each other. Amount of space we give to teams, a good League One side should beat us very comfortably.

Decent incentive for the replay against Rochdale either way, though. Suspect it’s a fair chance of being on tv, and if it was Wednesday you’re looking at a 12,000+ crowd which would come in handy.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Wasn’t a great game, but they were playing each other. Amount of space we give to teams, a good League One side should beat us very comfortably.

Decent incentive for the replay against Rochdale either way, though. Suspect it’s a fair chance of being on tv, and if it was Wednesday you’re looking at a 12,000+ crowd which would come in handy.
Sheffield Wednesday have always been superb away travellers. They'd bring loads to you.

They've always been much better travellers than Sheffield United despite relativley similar home support and clubs size. My mate is a Wednesday fan and he used to reckon it was because Sheffield Wednesday were extremely well followed around the whole of South Yorkshire whereas Sheffield United's demographic were mainly concentrated just in the City. Don't know if that's the reason or just bollocks but they are great travellers. They'd take loads down to you.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Head injury? Wonder how he got that
Perhaps he was bonked on the head by an inflatable shark?

Quite heart warming to see him politely clapped off on a stretcher nevertheless and like I said, hope it was nothing serious.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Sheffield Wednesday have always been superb away travellers. They'd bring loads to you.

They've always been much better travellers than Sheffield United despite relativley similar home support and clubs size. My mate is a Wednesday fan and he used to reckon it was because Sheffield Wednesday were extremely well followed around the whole of South Yorkshire whereas Sheffield United's demographic were mainly concentrated just in the City. Don't know if that's the reason or just bollocks but they are great travellers. They'd take loads down to you.

Yes, they’ve always sold it out when we’ve played them in the league. We last played them in a top-of-League One game back in 2012, crowd then was 12,410. Testament to how well our crowds have held up that I think we’d probably beat that if we both get through.

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Hearts Derby in the 2nd round.

Boreham Wood v St Albans.

Kidderminster v Halifax too .

So at least 2 non league sides in Round 3.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Yep. Very much a banana skin tie for us. You guys must be happy with that? Saying that it's a very winnable tie for both teams. Neither can complain about that imo.

Definitely happy. If it had been away I'd have been disappointed but we've got to fancy our chances at home. If we were to get any non league side I'd have wanted them at home to give us the best chance of winning

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Yes, they’ve always sold it out when we’ve played them in the league. We last played them in a top-of-League One game back in 2012, crowd then was 12,410. Testament to how well our crowds have held up that I think we’d probably beat that if we both get through.
You start appreciating these games more when you've experiened being down here. It's like that with us now. All those years down in the National League North for us as well don't forget. We kept a superb hardcore which is the life blood but even going to you guys the other week, we took far more than when we used to say play against each other in L1 or L2 because it wasn't as much of an attractive fixture back then.

If we get past Bolton, we'll take a couple of thousand over to Rotherham I reckon. Rotherham ffs. We used to play them every season and we'd be lucky to take 700-800 to be honest if we were playing them in a League game.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
You start appreciating these games more when you've experiened being down here. It's like that with us now. All those years down in the National League North for us as well don't forget. We kept a superb hardcore which is the life blood but even going to you guys the other week, we took far more than when we used to say play against each other in L1 or L2 because it wasn't as much of an attractive fixture back then.

If we get past Bolton, we'll take a couple of thousand over to Rotherham I reckon. Rotherham ffs. We used to play them every season and we'd be lucky to take 700-800 to be honest if we were playing them in a League game.
I remember watching us beat Rotherham 7-0 in the league. It doesn't seem a long time ago (but it was).

Paul Hurst was playing for Rotherham that day.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

Our average crowd this year is higher than our last three seasons in League One. Difference will really be more as well with the average away attendance being a fair bit bigger at that level. Not really sure why that’s ended up being the case.

We’re doing tickets for a fiver at the weekend, be interesting to see what’s out there in terms of potential.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
If your lot think Pete Wild doesnt have a clue then please send him to us we will look after him, ThankYou.
They're a joke- you saw what ShayShite and AJS we saying about him last season- before the game at Yeovil, Shayshite posted "what manager sets up defensively when he needs a win?" implying Wild didn't know what he was doing: we won 3-0! That was typical, if we lost he was shit, if we won he was lucky. NOW of course they think he's the fucking Messiah, and Shayshite talks as though he's Wild's fucking agent! They're basically just simply minded bastards, most of them. :ds:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

Yeah their away support is quality. I'm sure they were on some mad streak not long ago when they hadn't not sold out an away allocation for ages but I can't remember how long it was.

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

It's true. We wouldn't have taken over 700 to Rochdale for a mid table L2 match five years ago.
I've seen us take less to West Brom and similar sized clubs when we were in the second tier.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Our average crowd this year is higher than our last three seasons in League One. Difference will really be bigger as well with the average away attendance being a fair bit bigger at that level. Not really sure why that’s ended up being the case.
We're the same. We had 6'000 home fans watching us play Aldershot the other week which blew my mind to be honest. This was having to watch fucking Ruskball too whilst on a shocking run. Sounds tinpot that but back in our League 2 days for example if the attendance had a 6 in front of it it meant we doing well and approaching the last few months of the season or there was a bit more of an away following in town. The equavilant game 10-15 years ago would have been playing someone like SwIndon back in the L2 days. You'd be pleased if the attendance had a 5 in front of it.

I notice Grimsby's attendances have been mega this season too with loads of sell outs, Wrexham's aswell of course with their new lease of life.

Covid may have whetted a few's appetite, it has mine to be honest. I missed it big time. It's not just about watching a football match for 90 minutes, it's everything that surrounds it, seeing old friends, meeting new ones.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone as they say.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Easy to wind up though. Back in the day my mate mimicked one stood next to us, who wanted every Town player booked every time they made a tackle. "SEND HIM OFF" my mate bellowed when a Wednesday player made an innocuous challenge. Next thing he knew, this guy had his hands around his throat and was trying to throttle him! How we larffed :fl:

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
We're the same. We had 6'000 home fans watching us play Aldershot the other week which blew my mind to be honest. This was having to watch fucking Ruskball too whilst on a shocking run. Sounds tinpot that but back in our League 2 days for example if the attendance had a 6 in front of it it meant we doing well and approaching the last few months of the season or there was a bit more of an away following in town. The equavilant game 10-15 years ago would have been playing someone like SwIndon back in the L2 days. You'd be pleased if the attendance had a 5 in front of it.

I notice Grimsby's attendances have been mega this season too with loads of sell outs, Wrexham's aswell of course with their new lease of life.

Covid may have whetted a few's appetite, it has mine to be honest. I missed it big time. It's not just about watching a football match for 90 minutes, it's everything that surrounds it, seeing old friends, meeting new ones.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone as they say.

Winning a lot more than you lose probably helps as well. We were useless at home last year with no fans, but otherwise think we’ve only lost two home games in front of a crowd since we came down. I’ve seen us do that in a week before in the league.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
We'll show the fish fuckers what it takes to win at Kidderminster. :ds:

Optipez

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Our average crowd this year is higher than our last three seasons in League One. Difference will really be more as well with the average away attendance being a fair bit bigger at that level. Not really sure why that’s ended up being the case.

We’re doing tickets for a fiver at the weekend, be interesting to see what’s out there in terms of potential.
Some hope of better and players who aren't being turned over every five minutes. We turned over 50 players two seasons running under Ray Trew and in the end you wonder what and who you're actually supporting.
Last season was actually the lowest league finish in our 168 year history but with owners who aren't nutters and a team that's honest and does their best and get we to play football you Can buy into it.
Also we've been top end of the table for the last coup!e of seasons after a decade of relegation scraps.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
It's true. We wouldn't have taken over 700 to Rochdale for a mid table L2 match five years ago.
I've seen us take less to West Brom and similar sized clubs when we were in the second tier.
Jeez, get over yourselves. :ds:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Winning a lot more than you lose probably helps as well. We were useless at home last year with no fans, but otherwise think we’ve only lost two home games in front of a crowd since we came down. I’ve seen us do that in a week before in the league.
Yeah winning does help and a bit of expectancy and optimisim can go a long way.

Age demographic of our lot seems to have come down a fair bit the last few years.

I do wonder about the Premier League. I think they've alieniated a real generation from thinking they can actually go and watch top flight football matches every week. Just not feasible for most. Definitley could play a part for us with our proximity to the Manchester clubs.

A lot of our 18-30 support are 100% County first and foremost but a lot will have a slight see-saw in one way towards United or City whether it's from their family or whatever. They're not two teamers or anything but they will generally will have a preferance. But your average young fan doesn't get into watching them properly and then get the County bug with live football and never look back.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Age demographic of our lot seems to have come down a fair
This seems to have happened to a few teams, same for us and I've got a few best mates who are Blackpool and Hull fans who say the same. More youngsters coming to both home and away games. I think that things like Youtube ground hopping and fan channels have pushed lower and non-league football on a bit in that respect.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

The top 6 attendances are really impressive in fairness, especially given the lower amount of travelling fans, southend averaging nearly 5,000 after having a disasterous season is a cracking effort.

I always remember the “brotherhood” derby games always attracting larger crowds as it was a league fixture but not.

Wrexham’s attendance would be 3rd in league 2 and southend’s 9th. Do whoppers of teans like wealdstone and weymouth still bring 4 fans and a dog?

I’ve said previously this league this season is as competitive as when we were last in it, certainly an interesting watch from (hopefully) afar - whoever comes up realistically should have a really decent chance of doing a lincoln and going up again in a season or 2

Stoney Ground

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
The top 6 attendances are really impressive in fairness, especially given the lower amount of travelling fans, southend averaging nearly 5,000 after having a disasterous season is a cracking effort.

I always remember the “brotherhood” derby games always attracting larger crowds as it was a league fixture but not.

Wrexham’s attendance would be 3rd in league 2 and southend’s 9th. Do whoppers of teans like wealdstone and weymouth still bring 4 fans and a dog?

I’ve said previously this league this season is as competitive as when we were last in it, certainly an interesting watch from (hopefully) afar - whoever comes up realistically should have a really decent chance of doing a lincoln and going up again in a season or 2
Hopefully you’ll get the opportunity to see how many Wealdstone take away, when you get relegated.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

After the initial few months into our second stint down here, I'd say it's definitely way more competitive than any of the seasons we were down here with you. Obviously can't speak for the seasons you were in here before we came down, but the difference between the seasons we shared with you and now is that back then there were one or two teams battling it out for the title with a few plucky upstart dark horse teams and a few BELTS. Now all the BELTS bar Torquay and Southend seem to be on for a crack at promotion, plus there are several smaller clubs like Bromley, Alty, Halifax and Borehamwood that are already making a very decent fist of it.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
After the initial few months into our second stint down here, I'd say it's definitely way more competitive than any of the seasons we were down here with you. Obviously can't speak for the seasons you were in here before we came down, but the difference between the seasons we shared with you and now is that back then there were one or two teams battling it out for the title with a few plucky upstart dark horse teams and a few BELTS. Now all the BELTS bar Torquay and Southend seem to be on for a crack at promotion, plus there are several smaller clubs like Bromley, Alty, Halifax and Borehamwood that are already making a very decent fist of it.

As you mention you can see both, but it does seem like whoever comes up is going to have to have one belter of a season. Does make you wonder if the 3 up 3 down system would ever come in to play, it’s been debated many a time and i’ve always believed it should happen, and have done so when both league and conference.

I’m quite sure a game between any of the top 6/7 will be better than stevenage vs mansfield on saturday :lol:

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
S
Last season was actually the lowest league finish in our 168 year history but with owners who aren't nutters and a team that's honest and does their best and get we to play football you Can buy into it.
Also we've been top end of the table for the last coup!e of seasons after a decade of relegation scraps.

Yeah. It’s weird. I think by and large the fans are happy with the owners and have bought into the ‘project’ and are pleased the club actually seems to have a ‘philosophy’ (for want of a better word) for just about the first time ever. And that is being reflected in better support home and away we would ever have got under Ray Trew etc.

Pretty remarkable how our support has held up over the years tbh when we haven’t finished above our illustrious neighbours just 400 yards away for the best part of 40 years!

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

As you mention you can see both, but it does seem like whoever comes up is going to have to have one belter of a season. Does make you wonder if the 3 up 3 down system would ever come in to play, it’s been debated many a time and i’ve always believed it should happen, and have done so when both league and conference.

I’m quite sure a game between any of the top 6/7 will be better than stevenage vs mansfield on saturday :lol:
That the best you got? Try harder :ds: :bdick:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
S

Yeah. It’s weird. I think by and large the fans are happy with the owners and have bought into the ‘project’ and are pleased the club actually seems to have a ‘philosophy’ (for want of a better word) for just about the first time ever. And that is being reflected in better support home and away we would ever have got under Ray Trew etc.

Pretty remarkable how our support has held up over the years tbh when we haven’t finished above our illustrious neighbours just 400 yards away for the best part of 40 years!

I think sometimes you’ve got to hit the rock bottom to then have a look and come back, which you will do sooner or later.

When we went down we’d basically been asset stripped by our friend Keith and didn’t even own the ground, whereas on the pitch there is certainly room for improvement and we’ve not kicked on as we should have, off the pitch we’re in so much of a better place, the revenue, facilities, bars - the match day experience is much better and family orientated too, still averaging 4,600 which is modest to some i admit but not bad for 20th or whatever we are.

It also makes you appreciate things more than just what you previously took for granted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazzer

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!