February

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Surprised this hasn't been started, so here goes...

Carlisle H Not been the luckiest of fixtures for Rovers at home in recent years; DRAW

Newport A they've gone off the boil recently DRAW

York A Another tight game DRAW

Shrewsbury H Think we deserve something after a slightly unlucky loss at the Greenhaus DRAW

Portsmouth A Suspect they might either have changed manager or Tubbs starting to come good by this LOSE

Cheltenham A Not one of our favourite grounds, don't think ever won there and not expecting any change. Scrappy DRAW

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Surprised this hasn't been started, so here goes...

Carlisle H Not been the luckiest of fixtures for Rovers at home in recent years; DRAW

Newport A they've gone off the boil recently DRAW

York A Another tight game DRAW

Shrewsbury H Think we deserve something after a slightly unlucky loss at the Greenhaus DRAW

Portsmouth A Suspect they might either have changed manager or Tubbs starting to come good by this LOSE

Cheltenham A Not one of our favourite grounds, don't think ever won there and not expecting any change. Scrappy DRAW

Bit of a pessimistic outlook considering our current form, although I suppose it's difficult not to be a pessimist given our recent history.

vanner

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
After a brilliant transfer window I'm feeling good about our chances. I think we've got a great shot at winning the title. Especially as 2 of our rivals have weakened during the window.

Southend (H) Draw - Hoping for a big home crowd and when that happens we don't always perform. I think it'll be a tough game and a good point.
Carlisle (A) Win - I fancy us making the short trip up North and returning with all 3.
Wimbledon (H) Win - Home record should continue, I think we'll have enough in the tank.
Tranmere (A) Win - I remember winning at Tranmere when they were top of League 1 a couple of seasons back, was a great night on the tele. We should take 1500+ there with the incredibly cheap tickets - Well Done Tranmere.
Northampton (H) Loss - Got a feeling we'll lose the home record at some point and this could be it, their form at the moment is brilliant.

Perhaps a tad pessimistic with the home games but I've made up for with the away games. 10 from 5 wouldn't be a bad return at all.

Last edited:

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Bit of a pessimistic outlook considering our current form, although I suppose it's difficult not to be a pessimist given our recent history.
I agree that on current form we'd get around 11-12 points, but looking at the actual fixtures it didn't seem so hopeful. Would be interested in your predictions for the month.

After a brilliant transfer window I'm feeling good about our chances. I think we've got a great shot at winning the title. Especially as 2 of our rivals have weakened during the window.

Southend (H) Draw - Hoping for a big home crowd and when that happens we don't always perform. I think it'll be a tough game and a good point.
Carlisle (A) Win - I fancy us making the short trip up North and returning with all 3.
Wimbledon (H) Win - Home record should continue, I think we'll have enough in the tank.
Tranmere (A) Win - I remember winning at Tranmere when they were top of League 1 a couple of seasons back, was a great night on the tele. We should take 1500+ there with the incredibly cheap tickets - Well Done Tranmere.
Northampton (H) Loss - Got a feeling we'll lose the home record at some point and this could be it, their form at the moment is brilliant.

Perhaps a tad pessimistic but 10 from 5 wouldn't be a bad return at all.

Surprised you're so confident of winning at PP. The game mentioned was when we were in freefall and we played ~an hour with 10 men. We beat you last time. 1.5k would be a good turnout of visiting fans. Going on his form against us this season, your new signing Tyrone Barnett is nailed on to score.

Chippy

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
Easier month for us than the last couple on paper but some tricky games still.

Oxford away - 2-1 win. Backed by 2,500 travelling fans, can see us getting back to back league wins for the first time since October.

York home - 1-0 win. Games against York are always tight. Think we'll nick it.

Carlisle home - 3-1 win. Should be beating likes of Carlisle at home if we want to go up.

Mansfield away - 0-0 draw. Boring as always when we go to Mansfield.

Wimbledon away - 2-1 defeat. Fancy we will lose somewhere and caused us a lot of problems at the kenny, albeit back in August.

Accrington home - 2-0 win. Comfortable as you like continuing our excellent home form.

13/18 would be a superb return for us.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Stevenage H DRAW
Morecombe A WIN
Northampton H LOSE
Luton H LOSE - It's about time Luton finally beat us at Field Mill.
Oxford A DRAW
Dagenham H WIN

We could do with getting at least 3 wins here, especially with 4 home games this month!

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I think there is a realistic chance we can pick up 9 points from those games, especially given how we have been playing at home.

Dagenham at the end of the month could be huge - but all those home games are winnable - even Luton if we play at home like we did against Wycombe.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
I agree that on current form we'd get around 11-12 points, but looking at the actual fixtures it didn't seem so hopeful. Would be interested in your predictions for the month.

Carlisle H - With Hume receiving his international clearance as another attacking option off the bench we should have enough to beat them - WIN

Newport A - Is it three consecutive defeats for them now? They didn't look great when we played them earlier in the season but we were just as bad - DRAW

York A - Another team in poor form - WIN

Shrewsbury H - Ah, that TV game when OFW dropped the ball into the path of Chris Porter and Liam Palmer was sent off. Even worse was the game at theirs earlier this season where we threw away three points by conceding twice after the 90th minute. Feel like we owe them one but they'll probably be too much for us - LOSE.

Portsmouth A - Probably completely dependent on whether they sacked their manager - DRAW

Cheltenham A - Never really rated Paul Buckle, reckon Cheltenham will be around the bottom two come the end of the season - WIN

11 points from 18. Never how things work with Tranmere though so we'll inevitably lose the lot and drop back into the bottom two.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Morecombe (H) Fancy us to win this, we have been in fantastic form recently, Morecombe have drawn 5 in a row and I fancy us to end that run for them.
Hartlepool (A) Think we might just take this one, although could see a draw happening also. Hartlepool I fancy will make a decent go of staying up.
Mansfield (A) Lost 3-0 there last season when we were in turmoil, fancy us to win on what has been coined John-Joe O'Toole day, fans going up in wigs, expecting 1k plus away fans.
York (H) Again think we will continue our run and put York away, they have Emile Sinclair up front so at least we will keep a clean sheet.
Shrewsbury (A) Think this is where the run will end, Shrews have been fantastic at home and think we will come unstuck.

Hoping for 10/12 points from the 5 games to continue our push towards the playoffs.

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle H - With Hume receiving his international clearance as another attacking option off the bench we should have enough to beat them - WIN

Newport A - Is it three consecutive defeats for them now? They didn't look great when we played them earlier in the season but we were just as bad - DRAW

Shrewsbury H - Ah, that TV game when OFW dropped the ball into the path of Chris Porter and Liam Palmer was sent off. Even worse was the game at theirs earlier this season where we threw away three points by conceding twice after the 90th minute. Feel like we owe them one but they'll probably be too much for us - LOSE.

Portsmouth A - Probably completely dependent on whether they sacked their manager - DRAW

Cheltenham A - Never really rated Paul Buckle, reckon Cheltenham will be around the bottom two come the end of the season - WIN

11 points from 18. Never how things work with Tranmere though so we'll inevitably lose the lot and drop back into the bottom two.

Hume always scores against us... But then Amoo always scores against you. Won't be a draw though, we don't do draws.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Shrewsbury away 0-0, two good defences, we are better away than at home.
Cheltenham home 1-0, Cheltenham in free fall.
Accrington home 1-0, Accrington " " ".
Stevenage away 1-2, unsure about Stevenage picked up of late but don't think it will last, toughest game to call.
Carlisle home 0-0, had to get a home 0-0 in there somewhere.

Kenneth E End

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
This is going to be crucial month for us - fixtures against teams that should be getting big points from:

Oxford United (A) - DRAW - Would take a tight draw, but I think we should be aiming for victory against 2,000+ Lutonians.
York City (H) - WIN - Comfortable victory against struggling Minstermen.
Carlisle United (H) - WIN - Another struggling side; should be looking for maximum points.
Mansfield Town (A) - WIN - Have a poor record against Mansfield; but they're a more feeble side these days than the muscular physical presence in previous seasons.
AFC Wimbledon (A) - DRAW - Tight game. Haven't played as well as I thought they would this season.
Accrington Stanley (H) - WIN - They have a terrible away record.

14 points from 6 games would put us on 64 points from 33 games. Well on course for promotion.

THE TERRACEMAN

Reaction score
Supports
BURTON ALBION
Cheltenham A 1-0
Wimbledon H 1-0
Oxford H 2-0
Dagenham & R A 1-1
Accrington A 1-0
Newport H 1-0
16 points from 6 games would put us on 70 points from 34 games. Well on course for promotion.
Our squad has improved and we are getting stronger as the season goes by.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
For us:

3rd - Man U (a) - lost 0-3
7th - Wycombe (h)
10th - Exeter (a)
14th - Plymouth (a)
21st - Portsmouth (h)
24th - Morecambe (a)
28th - Wimbledon (h)

Lots of travelling for us this month. If we can get a win over Portsmouth or Wimbledon, or ideally both, then we'll be fine this month. Tough month for us.

Wombletom

Reaction score
Supports
Wimbledon
Twitter
@Wombletom
Newport. Win
Burton. Draw.
Shrewsbury. Win
Luton. Draw
Hartlepool. Lose.
Edit
Cambridge. Win
Making a surprise dash for the play-offs before fucking up big time wit a defeat to Hartlepool. again.

NURSE... Where's my medication.

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
Newport win
Burton draw
Shrews Loss
Luton Draw
Cambridge draw
Hartlepool Loss

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Carlisle must be facing one of the most horrendously awful group of fixtures a team has had for abit.

Tranmere away
Shrewsbury home
Luton away
Wycombe home
Southend away

4 of the top 5 sides and of course a huge 6 pointer vs a side who are in good form. :eek:

only positive is get these out way and most of the worst fixtures are done, and when we finish that horrendous lot we face 2 of the 3 sides below us in table :woot:

to be fair if we grab 4 points in Feb that is a good haul, the key for us I think it just being within the relegation group by end of that Southend game

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Morecambe (h) 3
Hartlepool (a) 3
Mansfield (a) 3
York (h) 3
Shrewsbury (a) 0

In current form, can only see us carrying on winning, until we get to Shrewsbury. If we do win the next 4 it'll be a good old following off to Shrewsbury so you never know. How close that haul would put us to the playoffs, who knows?

U

UTS

Exeter (H) W 2-0
Stevenage (A) D 1-1
Cheltenham (A) W 1-0
Hartlepool (H)W 2-1
Plymouth (A) L 2-0

A rather optimistic month I guess, but it shouldn't be seen that way with the squad we have.

10/15, I would definitely take that.

Vanni

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Wycombe (h) loss
Exeter (a) win
Plymouth (a) loss
Portsmouth (h) win
Wimbledoon (h) win
Morecambe (a) draw

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
For us:

3rd - Man U (a) - lost 0-3
7th - Wycombe (h)
10th - Exeter (a)
14th - Plymouth (a)
21st - Portsmouth (h)
24th - Morecambe (a)
28th - Wimbledon (h)

Lots of travelling for us this month. If we can get a win over Portsmouth or Wimbledon, or ideally both, then we'll be fine this month. Tough month for us.

12 points would be form to get us in the play-offs, 8 would be acceptable. For some reason this season, you can't tell who'll take points off us based on form and league position. I can see as many as 3 wins, including Saturday, and a couple of away draws but who knows? My forecast is 10 points - which should keep us thinking top 10 but not top 7.

localhero

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere

So far I've predicted every result wrong. Can I change my prediction for Cheltenham to a defeat please?

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle must be facing one of the most horrendously awful group of fixtures a team has had for abit.

Tranmere away
Shrewsbury home
Luton away
Wycombe home
Southend away

4 of the top 5 sides and of course a huge 6 pointer vs a side who are in good form. :eek:

only positive is get these out way and most of the worst fixtures are done, and when we finish that horrendous lot we face 2 of the 3 sides below us in table :woot:

to be fair if we grab 4 points in Feb that is a good haul, the key for us I think it just being within the relegation group by end of that Southend game

Well your hope for four points is still on... mind you that would require us to draw at Southend, and the fact we don't draw games is looking less and less coincidental, more of our games this season have seen 5 or more goals scored (7) than have ended in draws (3)... although ironically our highest scoring game of the season was a draw, the 4-4 at home to Wimbledon.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Stevenage H DRAW
Morecombe A WIN
Northampton H LOSE
Luton H LOSE - It's about time Luton finally beat us at Field Mill.
Oxford A DRAW
Dagenham H WIN

We could do with getting at least 3 wins here, especially with 4 home games this month!

3 wins and 1 draw, unbeaten at home. Decent month for us, if we could just pick a win or two up away we will be fine!

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
12 points would be form to get us in the play-offs, 8 would be acceptable. For some reason this season, you can't tell who'll take points off us based on form and league position. I can see as many as 3 wins, including Saturday, and a couple of away draws but who knows? My forecast is 10 points - which should keep us thinking top 10 but not top 7.
We got five points. I'm actually not surprised, was always going to be an awkward month.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
3 wins, 1 draw and 1 win. Was quite a decent month, with some good football played. Judging by Mansfields home form a point isn't the worst result, but the Hartlepool one was disappointing. We have some nice home games coming up in March so hopefully we can get positive results there as we have 2 tough away games.

Don Tonberry

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
4 wins and 2 draws is an excellent return for us and has basically kept Awford in a job and dragged us away from the relegation battle.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Predicted 5 points, we actually got 4...

HertsCobbler

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
3 wins, 1 draw and 1 win. Was quite a decent month, with some good football played. Judging by Mansfields home form a point isn't the worst result, but the Hartlepool one was disappointing. We have some nice home games coming up in March so hopefully we can get positive results there as we have 2 tough away games.

Only team out of 4 to take a point from Field Mill. Hartlepool won 3 out 4 at home as well, so not that shabby.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
:blush:
Month when a wheel came off (thankfully not all 4). Clearly that optimism was built on very dodgy foundations.

In retrospect, 5 points was not a bad return but once play-offs had gone we really got our comeuppance. No wins in March but 3 deserved and valuable points from Shrewsbury, Southend and Stevenage took us to 44 points - which would actually have been enough to survive. Should have headed for the beach then.

Messageboard followed by manager (sorry First Team Head Coach) headed for melt down in April and now the end is nigh. May promises to be rather exciting, in a masochistic kind of way. Glad to have Barrow, Beer Festival and the Rugby League season for distraction until August. :gmc:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!