Final league matches 2020/21

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Peter Lim, who also owns Valencia, has them teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. He’ll soon get fucked off with Salford.
Valencia not safe from relegation from La Liga.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Congratulations to Cheltenham on your title and Cambridge and Bolton on promotion, incredible turnaround at Bolton in fairness and Cambridge have done incredibly well to sustain the pace.

Good luck next season.
Will clubs in the championship be looking at Evatt....yes
Would he go not so sure.
If he goes he will leave us in a better place than when he walked through the door.
Just like you.

Think he has full control over all football matters.......He may not get that in the championship

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Congrats Cheltenham, Cambridge, Bolton. Well deserved in all cases.

See you up there hopefully... up for beating Tranmere at Wembley for sure (tho I suspect Morecambe might be more plausible finalists)
Most likely will be Morecambe. We have a chance if we do what you did in 2017 and get rid of Hill. Not much if he stays.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Well done to Bolton and Cambridge today (and Cheltenham of course).

Today Bolton ripped us a new one....probably two. I said if we don't turn up and Bolton do it would be a massacre and it was.

I thought the second yellow was a bit harsh (felt he could have warned him) but it is deemed a yellow card offence now so no real complaints.

I will disagree with Masi51 . That first goal was a horror show of defending. From beginning to end (when our most experienced central defender just run past the scorer). The second was worse and the fourth was totally laughable.

You can only beat what's in front of you and Bolton did it with ease. I'm just upset that we have made a laughing stock of ourselves on national TV.

Casey

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Would he go not so sure.
If he goes he will leave us in a better place than when he walked through the door.
Just like you.

Think he has full control over all football matters.......He may not get that in the championship

Suppose it depends on the club. If memory serves he was at Derby for example so if they see sense that Rooney isn’t going to cut it maybe he might be tempted there.

Either way congrats on the promotion.

Hopefully Morecambe can do it in the playoffs though just looking at it right now my money is on Newport.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
preferably one of newport or forest green will go up, both absolute dire away days and hardly round the corner, whereas tranmere has liverpool got a great weekend and it’s round the corner and morecambe always seems to be a laugh also.

Irrespective it’ll be great for any of them to get the chance.

Congrats on cambridge cheltenham and bolton

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well done to Bolton and Cambridge today (and Cheltenham of course).

Today Bolton ripped us a new one....probably two. I said if we don't turn up and Bolton do it would be a massacre and it was.

I thought the second yellow was a bit harsh (felt he could have warned him) but it is deemed a yellow card offence now so no real complaints.

I will disagree with Masi51 . That first goal was a horror show of defending. From beginning to end (when our most experienced central defender just run past the scorer). The second was worse and the fourth was totally laughable.

You can only beat what's in front of you and Bolton did it with ease. I'm just upset that we have made a laughing stock of ourselves on national TV.

Casey
Thought Dapo was unplayable first half....Ripped Francombe a new one
Two easy bookings.
Thought your keeper was ok....Liked the look of the the young Italian who scored
Good player technically and looked a class above any other player you had.
Yams wears his heart on his sleeve
Good luck next year.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Masi51; The young player who scored (Rodri)was playing football at step 8 (below conference south) before Xmas. He is our replacement for Watters.

We sell a player for over a million and bring in a young kid. Bolton brought in league 1 and championship players. This explains why we are still in league 2 and Bolton ain't.

Good luck next season.

Casey

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Peter Lim, who also owns Valencia, has them teetering on the brink of bankruptcy. He’ll soon get fucked off with Salford.
i think he’s more likely to get fucked off with Valencia tbh. 200m in debt to him, 120m wage Bill a year. He paid 100m for the club. With the playing staff, assets and la liga status he’d probably still pull a profit from it at near bankruptcy if he finds someone who will take it on. That compared to a 40-50% ownership in a club with a current wage bill of around 2m (at a guess) Valencia is probably much more hassle. And even if he did get fucked off with Salford ... between Beckham, Neville etc I don’t think they would be short of investment

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Congrats to the top three, over the course of the season you were the best three. I feel a bit sorry for Morecambe, but hopefully the play off gods will be kind to them. Glad Salford did not get in the top 7.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Masi51; The young player who scored (Rodri)was playing football at step 8 (below conference south) before Xmas. He is our replacement for Watters.

We sell a player for over a million and bring in a young kid. Bolton brought in league 1 and championship players. This explains why we are still in league 2 and Bolton ain't.

Good luck next season.

Casey
agreed it is what clubs like Crawley need to survive....Think you will get a few quid for Rodri in the next 12 months.
Watters may well have got you a play off place but he secured your future for another 12 months

Will keep a eye out on his progress next season

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Congratulations to all at Cheltenham, Cambridge and Bolton (even you Masi). The former two have been up there all season so richly deserved, and a remarkable turnaround for the latter. If you're in the top three at the late stages no one can say it isn't deserved.

I wonder if Evatt's agent will be on the phone for Championship jobs!

As for us, just happy to see us here again next season, been a funny one aside from COVID, plenty of controversy. I wouldn't have believed anyone if they'd said we would have been safe with two games to go and all our longer serving players that Jolley had treat so poorly were instrumental in achieving that.
Haha... unlikely. He thanked Barrow in his post match today and said he was delighted you stayed up. I think he genuinely loved his time there. And anyone in their right mind offered a 3 year contract on more money for him, going to a club with the ability to sign better players would have done the same thing. I can understand why Barrow fans were upset though. Like when we lost Big Sam to Newcastle.

The board backed him after a shocking first half of the season and I think he’s got to do a bit more to prove himself to get that opportunity to jump to the championship. We were amazing second half of the season but that’s half a season. The proper test for him is the recruitment this summer and how we start next season. Hopefully he’ll take us up to the championship anyway. But there’s some big big clubs in league 1 now. So we just need to consolidate and stay safe next season. Anything more is a bonus.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Would he go not so sure.
Just like you.

I don’t think clubs in the championship would take the risk just yet. We have had half a good season and it was enough in the end. Big test is how we recruit and start next season. I really like him but would be a bit of a punt for someone to go for him. And I think the compo would be pretty big if the figures barrow wanted for him are to be believed. Wouldn’t surprise me if we extended his contract this summer either despite 2 years to run

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Haha... unlikely. He thanked Barrow in his post match today and said he was delighted you stayed up. I think he genuinely loved his time there. And anyone in their right mind offered a 3 year contract on more money for him, going to a club with the ability to sign better players would have done the same thing. I can understand why Barrow fans were upset though. Like when we lost Big Sam to Newcastle.

The board backed him after a shocking first half of the season and I think he’s got to do a bit more to prove himself to get that opportunity to jump to the championship. We were amazing second half of the season but that’s half a season. The proper test for him is the recruitment this summer and how we start next season. Hopefully he’ll take us up to the championship anyway. But there’s some big big clubs in league 1 now. So we just need to consolidate and stay safe next season. Anything more is a bonus.

I think it was just the timing that irked people (and me) from our point of view, our chairman said the approach was made from Bolton two hours after we had received the news we had been promoted, and he went to the Reebok en route to Barrow to give his interviews following our promotion.

Anyway, I for one wish him well, he's an ambitious man and I'm sure a promotion into League One won't be his greatest achievement.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I think it was just the timing that irked people (and me) from our point of view, our chairman said the approach was made from Bolton two hours after we had received the news we had been promoted, and he went to the Reebok en route to Barrow to give his interviews following our promotion.

I for one wish him well, he's an ambitious man and I'm sure a promotion into League One won't be his greatest achievement.
He was promoted from each football league as a player and now from league 2 as a manager. Has anyone ever been promoted from all 3 as a player and a manager (plus conference as a manager - unsure if he did that as a player). If not I could see him being the first.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Bit torn about Bolton going up. On the plus side I think it will mean a weaker League 2 next season because if they had stayed down they would have been a big force next season.

On the down side, 4000 Bolton fans turning up at Vale Park next season would have been good fun and a very nice littler earner.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton

Anyway, I for one wish him well, he's an ambitious man and I'm sure a promotion into League One won't be his greatest achievement.
In this day and age... if a chairman is saying Barrow were approached 2 hours after promotion there will have been agent talks before that. Agents seem to agree terms with players etc and teams before bids nowadays. Just look at that tit Raiola holding talks with Real and Barce about Haaland in plain view of the media despite Dortmund saying they aren’t selling.

stevowanderer

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Bit torn about Bolton going up. On the plus side I think it will mean a weaker League 2 next season because if they had stayed down they would have been a big force next season.

On the down side, 4000 Bolton fans turning up at Vale Park next season would have been good fun and a very nice littler earner.
You might get us in the pizza cup ..?

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Congrats to the Cambridge boys on getting promotion. Only downside for you lot is that it’s A shame Peterborough have finally managed to spend there way to promotion otherwise could have been a good derby next season.

My in laws are big U’s fans so delighted for you.

Can I be the first to start the “Berry back to Cambridge” rumours?

I should also so say congratulations to Cheltenham and Bolton too!
I thought you had an option to extend his contract by a year? Anyways would love him back but not sure we could afford his wages.

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
But they do need to deal with Masi honestly, Also Good Luck next season btw
No they don't. For entertainment value, all columns need a Masi and in fairness, he did turn out to be right in the end. The best 3 teams finished top and congratulations to all of you.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
No they don't. For entertainment value, all columns need a Masi and in fairness, he did turn out to be right in the end. The best 3 teams finished top and congratulations to all of you.
Nice to see that a few just saw through the bullshit and banter....3 went to far and i wont back down in real life or behind a keyboard.
Anyway you can now rightly say you are the biggest team again in lge 2
Good luck next season

Reactions: loz

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
Nice to see that a few just saw through the bullshit and banter....3 went to far and i wont back down in real life or behind a keyboard.
Anyway you can now rightly say you are the biggest team again in lge 2
Good luck next season
You never know, we might even score a goal now and then.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You never know, we might even score a goal now and then.
something wrong when you had vaughan and doyle yet they never did anything for you

Reactions: loz

That Fat Centre Half

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town
I thought you had an option to extend his contract by a year? Anyways would love him back but not sure we could afford his wages.

Was never confirmed what the length of Berry’s deal was. It’s widely reported I think as 1 with an option but never officially confirmed to my knowledge. To be honest second half of the season he’s been less involved and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we didn’t take it as all the talk has been about making less sentimental decisions this summer and we’ve made changes in our recruitment teams. Even if we did take it I’d think he’d be available for a loan of some kind a so think next season the sim would be to have him still less involved (not that he’s a bad player).

Reactions: SVH

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Well done to the top 3. The final table never lies and fair play to Bolton who I never thought would recover after an awful start.

We were terrible today and it shows how little depth our squad has. Our signings last summer were lazy, desperate and trying to shop from the dregs left over. We also didn't carry out proper medical tests. I'm hopeful that we have a proper recruitment process in the close season, based on not only quality but also fitness. We desperately lack legs.

I'm amazed that Mansfield have had such a poor season. They've spanked us both times they played us and have a number of quality players. I'd be surprised if they didn't challenge next season. They were head and shoulders above us today in every department.

Clarke gave a great interview after the game. Basically said he is going to give out a few home truths to some of the players he is releasing, who are not leading the life of a professional sportsman.

He seemed really pissed off today after a dead rubber. I'm quite excited by the team we are going to try and build next season.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
Well done to the top 3. The final table never lies and fair play to Bolton who I never thought would recover after an awful start.

We were terrible today and it shows how little depth our squad has. Our signings last summer were lazy, desperate and trying to shop from the dregs left over. We also didn't carry out proper medical tests. I'm hopeful that we have a proper recruitment process in the close season, based on not only quality but also fitness. We desperately lack legs.

I'm amazed that Mansfield have had such a poor season. They've spanked us both times they played us and have a number of quality players. I'd be surprised if they didn't challenge next season. They were head and shoulders above us today in every department.

Clarke gave a great interview after the game. Basically said he is going to give out a few home truths to some of the players he is releasing, who are not leading the life of a professional sportsman.

He seemed really pissed off today after a dead rubber. I'm quite excited by the team we are going to try and build next season.

you’ve just saw the best out of a bang average squad just with a midfield who can do something.

Coughlan came in took the width and confidence out of the squad and left us with some extraordinarily poor players, especially in defence.

Clough came in when we were knocking around the relegation zone and he’s managed to get us a respectable position.

Yeah, given some more stability in defence and some decent forwards we’ve a chance, but it’s like what cambridge and nearly morecambe have proved this season, literally anyone can do it.

I like what clarke said and he’ll always get a good reception from the mansfield fans (those who remember him as a decent midfielder in the late 90s when i was a teenager) had i think he’ll do well.

I dare say mansfield and vale might have similar trajectories next season.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
weird game today, we were lucky it wasn't 0-4 after 25 minutes, then Mansfield were pretty lucky it wasn't 2-2, after 60 minutes, then we were lucky it was about 0-6 at full time.

typical 46th game performance from vale. we do it every year and it's a credit to clarke that we only did it the once really considering all the dead rubbers we had.

congrats to the promoted sides, especially cheltenham who i thought really were excellent in both games against us.

and best of luck to southend and grimsby next season too

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
you’ve just saw the best out of a bang average squad just with a midfield who can do something.

Coughlan came in took the width and confidence out of the squad and left us with some extraordinarily poor players, especially in defence.

Clough came in when we were knocking around the relegation zone and he’s managed to get us a respectable position.

Yeah, given some more stability in defence and some decent forwards we’ve a chance, but it’s like what cambridge and nearly morecambe have proved this season, literally anyone can do it.

I like what clarke said and he’ll always get a good reception from the mansfield fans (those who remember him as a decent midfielder in the late 90s when i was a teenager) had i think he’ll do well.

I dare say mansfield and vale might have similar trajectories next season.

If you can find someone better than Bowery up front I think there are definite reasons to be confident for Mansfield. Obviously it’s way too early for any judgements etc but as hard working as he is Bowery never looks like a prolific finisher. Did like the look of Frank Sinclairs lad though, he’s definitely got some potential.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
If you can find someone better than Bowery up front I think there are definite reasons to be confident for Mansfield. Obviously it’s way too early for any judgements etc but as hard working as he is Bowery never looks like a prolific finisher. Did like the look of Frank Sinclairs lad though, he’s definitely got some potential.

See Frank appears to have left... guess we will never know regarding the rumours over Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yellowman
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!