Football Manager - Your Career

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
I'm bored of my Brighton one after 3 seasons. I just can't get into a decent save and seem to have covered everything I want to. Done the Lincoln and the career one.

Reaction score
Supports
Dr Tony's Villa Revolution
I'm bored of my Brighton one after 3 seasons. I just can't get into a decent save and seem to have covered everything I want to. Done the Lincoln and the career one.

Do the San Marino challenge?

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
We are awful now and sitting in 16th and about 12 games left. This is not the second season I had planned for.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Do the San Marino challenge?
What's that? Is it one that takes you around the countries? If so, I just stay in England - not fussed about going elsewhere.

Might just tick along with a Spurs or Newcastle type game. Teams who haven't pulled up any trees and have underachieved. The former have a new Stadium on the game I think in 2017 or 2018.

Techno Natch

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
We are awful now and sitting in 16th and about 12 games left. This is not the second season I had planned for.

After posting this I only lost 2 games out of 12. :lol: A switch back to my original tactic and we slowly managed to put some form together to finish 10th, I can't say it was an enjoyable season and it could have gone either way really as we were close to the relegation zone. The board offered me a new two year deal which I am happy about as I have some good youth players coming through.

I dropped Hradecky for my on load goalkeeper Copa, he then preceded to get four clean sheets in a row! Hradecky managed to concede 68 goals in just 38 games which is awful. I spent nearly £2m on my defence last year which clearly didn't work. :lol: Baudry was very average but Cabrera improved as the season went on and ended up with 12 goals to his name as well. Joseph Yobo also rolled the years back on loan and preformed well in the last 3 months. I signed Jason Naismith from Scotland in January and the 20 year old right back played well in the second half of the season.

I reckon with the addition of a new LB and another CB next season should hopefully make us tighter.

Obika had a average second season only getting 12 goals which is half of what he got last season, I turned down £1m for him in January but if I get offered that money again I might take it. McCabe and Magurie were stand out performers in our midfield again. I need a new left winger for next season as Maghoma is average at best and wants £11k per week to re-sign which he won't be getting.

I don't want to add to many new players ideally but I think a new CB, LB, LW, CF are needed for us to challenge at the top again.

Hleb was a slightly less successful short term signing than Yobo, he is finished.

Mr Elmo

The only optimistic Derby fan around
Reaction score
Supports
Derby
So, time for an update on how I finished in the championship and how I've started my new season.

Well, all I can say is record breakers! We finished the season with 107 points after scoring 2 late on vs wednesday to firmly give us the record championship points over what has been a ridiculous season. We finished on 33W, 8D and 5L finishing 25 points above second, who were Derby :lol: We also got 100 goals and a 61 GD, I would show the table but as I've started the new season I can't get it. For an idea though, just look at my results during the second half of the season.
WATFORD FINAL RESULTS.PNG

So yeah, we also got to an FA cup semi final before Swansea dismantled us :(

Season 2015/2016
Our transfer budget was set at 11.5M and wage budget 400k of which I was kinda disappointed with, but I managed with it and got some pretty good players in the end. The expectation was mid table which took me aback but after how we dominated last season it was realistic enough for me.
WATFORD TRANSFERS.PNG

So, the best signing there is by far Thorgan Hazard, paying just 5k a month for his services and he's rated better than my 7.5M AMC Forestieri, started the season off decent too by grabbing us a couple goals. Moisander was a good deal as he is my best CB and preformed well so far too. Jose Enrique has worked good too, but I'm having to pay £20k a month plus £27.5k wages a month sadly. Juanfran was a transfer agreed pre game strangely, but for 1.1M he has worked well. Joseph Critchlow is a regen and has very good future potential so one for the future. Jury is still out on my 2 most expensive players however, both have cost enough but only preformed average, although Ginkel has quite a bit of potential too.

WATFORD OUT.PNG

Not much out activity, just players I didn't need but for one big sale of Layun. Very sad he went as along with Deeney he was our best player last season but he wanted champions cup football and he wouldn't turn around. Made a good sale on him though, so that money has been reinvested of course.

As for results friendlies weren't too bad, mix of wins and losses against small and big teams alike. Managed to play AC Milan which was cool, lost 0-1 but that was alright with me. Premier division results below + CoC.
WATFORD RESULTS PREM.PNG

After the first two games I really thought this season would be crap, but I have recovered well to get some decent wins on the board against some alright sides. Swansea was the best result, after them battering us in the cup we took revenge to smash them in their own back yard.

So after all this we actually sit 6th in the table with 10 points! Some sides have been inconsistent, allowing us to take a good advantage. Hopefully we can continue this good form, sitting around Europe would be fantastic.

pnefcben

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Been working on a database for next season so had a go with North End. After 3 seasons in the Championship I got promoted in the play-off final and then the next season stayed up by a point. Had various clubs in for me but 30 million to improve my team could get me a long way. This is my team at the minute.

Squad_ Players Players-2.png
Transfers_  Transfer History-2.png

Yes that is Romaine Sawyers and Tom Bradshaw in my Premier League squad, and yes they have made an impact in the Premier League. Bradshaw 8 in 23 and Sawyers turned from reserve in the first half of the season to supersub in the 2nd half.

Kenny Jackett_ Overview Profile.png
Also shoutout to a) the most bizarre managerial appointment of all time

Nicky Casey_ Overview Attributes-2.png
and b) the most ridiculous 16 year old i've ever seen on the game. The English Messi.

Reaction score
Supports
What's that? Is it one that takes you around the countries? If so, I just stay in England - not fussed about going elsewhere.

Might just tick along with a Spurs or Newcastle type game. Teams who haven't pulled up any trees and have underachieved. The former have a new Stadium on the game I think in 2017 or 2018.

No, it's managing in Italy, but if you only stick in England it's no good for you anyway. Basically, you take over the San Marino team playing in the Italian leagues (Italian Serie C1 I believe), and the national team, you try and build up the club side (though youth, training etc) in order to bring through stronger Sammarinese players for the national team, hopefully by the time you're done the national team will be one of (if not the) strongest national teams in the world, and San Marino CF will be one of the strongest club teams in the world.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
No, it's managing in Italy, but if you only stick in England it's no good for you anyway. Basically, you take over the San Marino team playing in the Italian leagues (Italian Serie C1 I believe), and the national team, you try and build up the club side (though youth, training etc) in order to bring through stronger Sammarinese players for the national team, hopefully by the time you're done the national team will be one of (if not the) strongest national teams in the world, and San Marino CF will be one of the strongest club teams in the world.
I might give that a try at somepoint

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
So my first season in my LLM save is over & my AFC Telford United side have missed out on a play off spot in the Conference North. With any luck I don't get the sack, as play offs was the aim, & get a second crack at things.

Full write up here https://kingstontilidie.wordpress.com

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
I have just created a save for the San Marino challenge, won't do much tonight but will post updates.

Reaction score
Supports
Look forward to it mate, I haven't got the patience to give it a go. :lol:

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
The San Marino challenge... something you will not be able to do on FM2016 without any add-ons because they went & got themselves relegated IRL this year.

The bastards.

Reaction score
Supports
I'm sure the Italian leagues used to go down to Serie C2? I could be horrifically wrong here mind you.

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
C2 doesn't exist any more... it merged with C1 to form the Liga Pro last year, which relegates directly to Serie D (now the 4th tier of Italian football)

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
You never know, they might include Serie D in FM16... otherwise you're going from 4 tiers of Italian football playable on the game to just 3, which is going backwards... however Serie D does have 162 teams in 9 groups so that's quite a lot more teams then the previous 4 tier structure.

Reaction score
Supports
Thing is, FM is constantly expanding, so we'll see I guess.

Paddy

Reaction score
Supports
Kingstonian
:bg: I meant in the way of leagues... but yeah, I've heard a lot of games end up with stupid score lines on 15. That & the interface revamp is shite... don't like that side bar thing.

Reaction score
Supports
I don't know honestly, I haven't played it for ages, tried really hard to get into it, and just found it impossible. :lol:

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Just been going through pre season stuff on the San Marino challenge and had a 'glamour' friendly against Real Betis cancelled for the Serie C Cup group stage :ffs:

Pyeman

Reaction score
Supports
Burnley
Doing A Level exam marking at the minute so I don't have a spare second to do essential things like eat and sleep, let alone play FM.

However, when exam marking finishes and summer holidays kick in, I'm converting into 'full on addict' mode. If I've not lost the will to live by that point.

Womble98

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon and Sporting Leyland
Doing A Level exam marking at the minute so I don't have a spare second to do essential things like eat and sleep, let alone play FM.

However, when exam marking finishes and summer holidays kick in, I'm converting into 'full on addict' mode. If I've not lost the will to live by that point.
Which exams, as in, which subject?

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Made a start on the San Marino challenge today

San Marino Challenge

Club Team Targets-
League- Finish above mid-table
Serie C Cup- Reach first round

National Team Targets-
European Championship Qualifying- Be competitive

Club Team
Started off by starting a search for a senior affiliate, then had the intra-squad friendly match where we dominated the under 20s side who were lucky the score line was only 4-2. Unfortunately I picked up 2 injuries during this game.

The rest of the friendlies went as follows:
Gelsenkirchen II (H) 3-0 and another injury
Mainz II (H) 2-2 We conceded 2 penalties and had a red card in the first 25 minutes which meant Mainz II had a comfortable lead at half time, but an early penalty in the second half provided a way back into the game before an 82nd minute equaliser rounded off a crazy game.
Toulouse (H) 0-2 all things considered this wasn't a terrible result
Triestina (H) 2-1 a rotated side for this friendly, still able to scrape the win
Pietracuta (A) 0-3 firm favourites in this game and rightly so as we ran out comfortable winners in a game where we could easily have scored 6 or 7. Unfortunately another injury was a cause for concern

In between the friendlies against Toulouse and Triestina I had 2 Serie C Cup group matches. The first game was away against Pistoiese, which finished 1-1. A 1-0 win at home to Lucchese Libertas meant that as long as Pistioese didn't better that result in their game against Lucchese Libertas, then I would have reached the next round. They didn't and San Marino qualified for the first round.

In the league my first game was away against Spal, the current champions, this ended in a 1-1 draw. Next up was Pistioese again, this time at home, but this time with a better result, winning 3-2.

National Team

I used the squad suggested by the assistant, which included 15 of the San Marino club squad.

My first game was a friendly at home against Belarus where we lost 1-4. Belarus dominated the game from the start, but a new record was set for youngest San Marino scorer as 18 year old Tomassini scored on his debut.

City169

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol City
Made a start on the San Marino challenge today

San Marino Challenge

Club Team Targets-
League- Finish above mid-table
Serie C Cup- Reach first round

National Team Targets-
European Championship Qualifying- Be competitive

Club Team
Started off by starting a search for a senior affiliate, then had the intra-squad friendly match where we dominated the under 20s side who were lucky the score line was only 4-2. Unfortunately I picked up 2 injuries during this game.

The rest of the friendlies went as follows:
Gelsenkirchen II (H) 3-0 and another injury
Mainz II (H) 2-2 We conceded 2 penalties and had a red card in the first 25 minutes which meant Mainz II had a comfortable lead at half time, but an early penalty in the second half provided a way back into the game before an 82nd minute equaliser rounded off a crazy game.
Toulouse (H) 0-2 all things considered this wasn't a terrible result
Triestina (H) 2-1 a rotated side for this friendly, still able to scrape the win
Pietracuta (A) 0-3 firm favourites in this game and rightly so as we ran out comfortable winners in a game where we could easily have scored 6 or 7. Unfortunately another injury was a cause for concern

In between the friendlies against Toulouse and Triestina I had 2 Serie C Cup group matches. The first game was away against Pistoiese, which finished 1-1. A 1-0 win at home to Lucchese Libertas meant that as long as Pistioese didn't better that result in their game against Lucchese Libertas, then I would have reached the next round. They didn't and San Marino qualified for the first round.

In the league my first game was away against Spal, the current champions, this ended in a 1-1 draw. Next up was Pistioese again, this time at home, but this time with a better result, winning 3-2.

National Team

I used the squad suggested by the assistant, which included 15 of the San Marino club squad.

My first game was a friendly at home against Belarus where we lost 1-4. Belarus dominated the game from the start, but a new record was set for youngest San Marino scorer as 18 year old Tomassini scored on his debut.

Club Team Targets-
League-
Finish above mid-table
Serie C Cup- Reach first round (Achieved)

National Team Targets-
European Championship Qualifying-
Be competitive

Club Team

Next in the league was a trip to Gubbio where a 3-1 away win kept the club side unbeaten in competitive games.
After this we welcomed Savona to the San Marino Stadium, where a tight game was won, courtesy of an own goal from a Savona defender and a wonder goal. I finished the game with just 10 men due to an injury.

Post match the Serie C Cup 1st and 2nd round draws were made, I was drawn away against Serie C/C side Savoia, then provided I beat them I would face Savona at home once more.

The games keep coming thick and fast, next up was an away trip to Teramo, top of the league with 4 wins from 4 games. This game was always going to be tough and it was no surprise when Teramo took an early lead, that goal remained the difference until the 87th minute when Teramo scored on the counter, then a defensive lapse gifted a third goal, resulting in the first competitive defeat for San Marino.

Next up a home game against Santarcangelo, another strong side which wasn't made any easier by a red card received after 11 minutes. Despite the man disadvantage it was 1-0 after 25 minutes and after some words of encouragement at half time a second soon followed. However things took a turn for the worse as first an injury hit, and then Santarcangelo pulled a goal back. On the 85th minute a second red card was shown, making the game 10 v 10 for the remainder.

Away once more, this time against Prato where things started poorly, 1-0 down after 6 minutes, 2-0 after 21. There were signs of improvement before half time, but no goals. A bright start to the second half saw a goal pulled back, but nothing more came of it, meaning a second defeat in 3 games.

National Team

The next game was away against Slovenia in the Euro Qualifiers, things didn't start well, going 1-0 down through an own goal after just 15 seconds. Things went from bad to worse as Slovenia made it 2-0 after 3 minutes. Goal number 3 went in after 15 minutes. After half time things looked like they were picking up as we pulled a goal back just 20 seconds after the restart. However the upturn was brief and Slovenia soon restored their 3 goal lead. As the game drew to its end I picked up 2 injuries and ended with just 9 men on the pitch.

Reaction score
Supports
I've started one too, I'm leaving the national team until I can produce some players for it though. Played a match with them against Kazakhstan and lost 4-0 so decided fuck it. I'll wait. :lol:

In terms of the domestic side of things, things have gone a little better so far, pre season I pulled my usual of managing the games I fancied, there was only one of these, a friendly I arranged on my first day at the club Vs Inter at home, 2-0 down after 7 minutes and I thought it was all over, but we pulled one back just after half time, but to no avail, Inter scored again and I lost 3-1 in my first game as boss, albeit in a friendly against one of the biggest sides in the country.

The rest of pre-season was managed by the assistant. I qualified for the cup with two 2-1 victories (can't remember who against), before crashing out in the 1st round 4-2 AET with most of my players on around 60% fitness by the end, so I didn't have a prayer. The league, however, after a terrible start, losing 3-0 on the opening day to Pro Patria I think, pushed for an equaliser towards the end and got screwed with two late goals. Since then, we've won every game in the league, the best of which being a 3-0 defeat of at the time perfect record holders at the time (can't remember who, again. A team who were docked a point, I dunno), so 5 games in and we are top of the league with a nice record of W4 L1. Expectations were top half (which in this league, you can finish bottom half technically and get fucking promoted, 9th place can go up... WTF!?!?), 1st round of Serie C Cup, so one expectation met, the other is looking on course, though it is early days right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!