Fri 15th & Sat 16th Oct

LeonTheGreen

Reaction score
Supports
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
Well we’re still top of the league! Sounded like the perfect away performance today. Not sure how long we’ll keep this up, but should be a cracking game against Bolton on Tuesday. Top scorer Hardie was only on the bench today.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Absolutely twatted the noisy neighbours. A proper proper lesson, was men against boys. Promotion you say? :lol:

Reactions: SVH

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Well we’re still top of the league! Sounded like the perfect away performance today. Not sure how long we’ll keep this up, but should be a cracking game against Bolton on Tuesday. Top scorer Hardie was only on the bench today.
Pretty much. For lengthy spells it was all one way traffic. The first half was all Oxford followed by all Plymouth! The second half was all Oxford. We do not convert offensive play into goals when it counts.

On the subject of Plymouth - The knack of scoring against the run of play, seeing out relentless pressure and breaking up the game at important times is dare I say it… Promotion form.

A draw would have been fair. However despite the number of chances which should have seen goals, I’m not certain we had a single effort on goal aside from the goal which sums up our afternoon.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I would say we got what we deserved but we didn’t.

What we deserved was a 4 or 5 nil drubbing. How we nearly got away from that with a point is anyone’s guess, Lincoln being fairly toothless I suppose.

We are a fucking disgrace, I wish I could say it’s a one off but it’s not.

If Adkins is in charge on Tuesday I give up.

I’m disgusted.

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Very good performance from Fleetwood and a thoroughly deserved and convincing win. Better team in the 1st half and should have gone in 2 goals to the good.In 2nd they really stepped up and dominated Crewe.Pick of the goals, another fantastic free kick from Danny Andrews. Visitors were poor in the 2nd half and have got the makings of a long haul ahead of them, your goalie was terrific, is he related to the ex Bolton stopper ?

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

What we deserved was a 4 or 5 nil drubbing. How we nearly got away from that with a point is anyone’s guess, Lincoln being fairly toothless I suppose.

I’m disgusted.

Best home fans by a mile aswell by the way.

CTFCfan99

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham
Good win for us against Accrington, not much in it but think we just about deserved it. We look so much better with Boyle fit again in the back three and Dan Crowley looks an absolutely class player, not sure how he didn't have a club until now.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Absolutely twatted the noisy neighbours. A proper proper lesson, was men against boys. Promotion you say? :lol:
Thats what it was.......12 months back Port Vale put 6 past us and Orient 4 in October where are they now.
In all honesty we have 3/4 tops that could step up to the championship.
Both full backs yesterday could not get games in lge 2 last season and it showed.
Settle for mid table this season. We have a lot of players out of contract next summer and we need a overhaul to go next season.
Fair play to Wigan but i know which club will grow year on year.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
We are struggling at the moment key players missing and it is showing.
Evatt may get a reaction after that horror show yesterday or we could see a repeat of yesterdays scoreline.

Tom_CUFC

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Another great comeback but again frustrating that if we stopped giving teams a headstart we could be a lot better off than we are, fair result though and good to see the Abbey properly packed.

Ref was absolutely horrendous, at least three times you could see the most of the skin on the back of our players as Ipswich pulled shirts, and fuck knows what Ironside had to do to get a foul given against him. Topped off by him falling for the two Ipswich players collapsing like a sack of shit in the corner near the end. Played like a true Paul Cook side and it worked on the ref for sure.

Ipswich, Aluko aside who was fantastic, were largely rubbish and as bad defensively as we are. Know all too well from Bolton last season in our league that they can turn it around but they're gonna have to throw more cash at it in January to make that happen otherwise they'll be back here next season if we can stay up.

Another big one Tuesday, most likely no Hoolahan and maybe no Ironside who took a (accidental on that one occasion) clattering right at the end which would be a huge blow. Wednesday look like they're there for the taking though, but at this point I'd just take a clean sheet at half time.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Just looking at our league one stats before and after our centre half Clark Robertson's injury back in early September. With him and Raggett together in the first six games we conceded 2 goals in total. Since the injury we've let in 12 in six.

It was fairly obvious that we were short of centre half cover when the window closed, with only the frankly, clapped-out Paul Downing as backup (thanks Kenny Jackett for giving him a fat 3-year contract a couple of years ago. He's barely played at all).

To compensate the Cowley's have switched to three at the back, playing two players out of position. It's made the football more entertaining but the defence is now leaky as a sieve. Basically the lack of cover has scuppered our season before it really got started. I think the Cowleys gambled in this area, due to lack of budget. Don't think we'll be contenders until next season.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972

I’m disgusted.
Hope you got to London OK mate? Lincoln Central was crazy we weren't allowed on the 6pm train as it was crowded and had to wait for the 6.30. The fatality at Doncaster was causing a lot of problems.
Couldn't believe how narrow you were, first time our big crosefield passes have worked.
Harry Arter was his usual self.
Most of your fans were great, pity about those few who thought they were in green street, especially the two offering all us a fight walking back up from the ground, much to the amusement of both us and the police.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Hope you got to London OK mate? Lincoln Central was crazy we weren't allowed on the 6pm train as it was crowded and had to wait for the 6.30. The fatality at Doncaster was causing a lot of problems.
Couldn't believe how narrow you were, first time our big crosefield passes have worked.
Most of your fans were great, pity about those few who thought they were in green street, especially the two offering all us a fight walking back up from the ground, much to the amusement of both us and the police.

Haha the journey home really was the cherry on top.

Fortunately got on the the 18.00 but that’s where the luck ran out. Everything from Newark cancelled, walked to Newark Castle where everything was delayed, got to Nottingham for the 20.50. Walked through my front door at midnight.

Yeah there were a lot of numpties in our end yesterday. Idiots climbing on the goal etc.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Busy all over the city this weekend. Walking back up past the cycling going on in the bail, and heard the announcer saying there were 2 rooms left in the city at holidayinn, £400 each for the night!

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Busy all over the city this weekend. Walking back up past the cycling going on in the bail, and heard the announcer saying there were 2 rooms left in the city at holidayinn, £400 each for the night!
What is that in English?

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Was that Kirk? Exactly what i said in the game. At Crewe he always looked so dangerous. Not sure what Charlton have done with him!!

Put simply, he’s one of the worst players to have ever played for Charlton.

When you stand out for being shit in our side, you really are shit.

Can’t believe we fell for the hype.

Crewe done a good number on us there, fair play.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Just looking at our league one stats before and after our centre half Clark Robertson's injury back in early September. With him and Raggett together in the first six games we conceded 2 goals in total. Since the injury we've let in 12 in six.

It was fairly obvious that we were short of centre half cover when the window closed, with only the frankly, clapped-out Paul Downing as backup (thanks Kenny Jackett for giving him a fat 3-year contract a couple of years ago. He's barely played at all).

To compensate the Cowley's have switched to three at the back, playing two players out of position. It's made the football more entertaining but the defence is now leaky as a sieve. Basically the lack of cover has scuppered our season before it really got started. I think the Cowleys gambled in this area, due to lack of budget. Don't think we'll be contenders until next season.

Clark Robertson is a Championship player and was our best centre back.
Sadly he only ever played 6 or 7 games consecutively before he was back out missing for a similar period.

That's why we didn't offer him a new contract, that and the rumour he will only play when HE thinks he's 100% fit.

He is a fine player and scored a few good goals for us.
I liked him a lot, but you have to have a decent stand in to cover for all his injuries.

I was surprised at the level of hate for Smithy from Pompey fans, ok he wasn't great for you but even when he found scoring difficult when he first joined us
he always worked hard.
Was that not the case for you?
Our fans took to him for that alone and remember, he was replacing Keiffer Moore.

Portsmouth looked decent until the equaliser, we got lucky with the goalkeepers mistake, but Smith took it well at the 3rd attempt.
Heads dropped and we could have had six,
The keeper played well and although he should have caught the original shot from Rathbone, he did well on the follow up and sadly for him his defenders didn't really help him out much.

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Walking back up past the cycling going on in the bail,
That bit
Apologies.

The Bail is short for Bailgate, part of Lincoln around the Castle and Cathedral. The UK National Cycling Championships is currently going on all weekend.

On way back from the game, i was watching the cycling going on and the announcer there on the pa system said about how busy it was and lack of hotel rooms available!

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Have we a mini crisis? We have lost 2 in a row that in reality we certainly shouldn't have. Our finishing for some reason has become dire. Shrews scored, we didn't. Not much else to say.

Wigan next with the 3rd away fixture on the bounce and I can't see us getting anything from that.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
I was surprised at the level of hate for Smithy from Pompey fans, ok he wasn't great for you but even when he found scoring difficult when he first joined us
he always worked hard.
Was that not the case for you
Our fans were very harsh on him, so I can understand why he enjoyed rubbing our noses in it yesterday.

His general play was ok for us, but he really was a rabbit in the headlights in front of goal. He missed some absolute sitters which seemed to cost us plenty of points. He did really become the focal point for the fans frustrations. Paul Cook eventually sent him out on loan and I'm sure the main reason was the effect our fans were having on his confidence.

Good to see him doing well now, but he's a very different player than four or five years ago.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
We were on the verge of selling him to Sheffield United after we lost the POfinal - which seems a lifetime ago. £600,000 agreed. Until they changed manager and it fell through.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Our fans were very harsh on him, so I can understand why he enjoyed rubbing our noses in it yesterday.

His general play was ok for us, but he really was a rabbit in the headlights in front of goal. He missed some absolute sitters which seemed to cost us plenty of points. He did really become the focal point for the fans frustrations. Paul Cook eventually sent him out on loan and I'm sure the main reason was the effect our fans were having on his confidence.

e Good to sehim doing well now, but he's a very different player than four or five years ago.

His improvement is due in some part to Paul Warne, but more I think from Ritchie Barker.
Barker was always a handful when he played CF for us and you can see the same attributes in Smith.

I'm surprised and delighted that Barker is still with us.
His family is down near Brighton and he only gets back at weekends, it must be a terrific strain on the family.
I know he didn't quite cut it as a manager, and apparently he's not interested in doing that job again, but he is a first class coach at our level.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Looking at Rotherham, you have to say so far they look the best team, and have got what it takes to go the distance. Everytime i see them they look very impressive.
Wigan look the best team on their day, who could pick you off and score 4 or 5. McClean is such a great player at this level.
Sunderland look the team best equipped to shithouse a 1-0 and grind out the top 3-6 position by doing enough when it counts.
Plymouth will be interesting to see if they can go the distance in the crucial Easter period if they are still up there. Nothing to say they won’t be. I do think others have that experience of the run in to perhaps get automatic.
Wycombe will be up there too, and I’m sure Oxford, if they can become more consistent.

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Rotherham are the best team I've seen so far, but for our keeper they'd have had 3 or 4 .

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
Looking at Rotherham, you have to say so far they look the best team, and have got what it takes to go the distance. Everytime i see them they look very impressive.
Wigan look the best team on their day, who could pick you off and score 4 or 5. McClean is such a great player at this level.
Sunderland look the team best equipped to shithouse a 1-0 and grind out the top 3-6 position by doing enough when it counts.
Plymouth will be interesting to see if they can go the distance in the crucial Easter period if they are still up there. Nothing to say they won’t be. I do think others have that experience of the run in to perhaps get automatic.
Wycombe will be up there too, and I’m sure Oxford, if they can become more consistent.

A lot depends on what happens in January.
Sunderland could recall Grigg, Middlesborough might come back in for Smith.
With Ogbene getting international recognition, it's now more likely that Championship clubs might start showing an interest.
Rathbone, Wiles and Barlaser have also been very good and will have been noticed.
Our chairman will have to show a lot of resolve to keep the vultures at bay.
Even if he does, how can you stand in the way of your players wanting to better themselves.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
A lot depends on what happens in January.
Sunderland could recall Grigg, Middlesborough might come back in for Smith.
With Ogbene getting international recognition, it's now more likely that Championship clubs might start showing an interest.
Rathbone, Wiles and Barlaser have also been very good and will have been noticed.
Our chairman will have to show a lot of resolve to keep the vultures at bay.
Even if he does, how can you stand in the way of your players wanting to better themselves.
Same with all of us isn't it. Our better players will get taken at sometime. It's just a case of when and how much we hold out for.

I hate having a team full of loan players that aren't going to be around after the season but what can we do except rebuild each year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!