Friday 12th & 13th November

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Can Plymouth keep this up ?

Another good win.

Don’t think Karl Robinson was too happy with the officials in the Ipswich v Oxford game!

Nothing changes there.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Wednesday have just been Evansed, no way we should be taking a point there

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Boring boring Oxford :fish:

We weren’t great, squandered our chances.

Oxford played for the draw with 10 to go. On the floor injured every minute. Still playing when they were on the ball but we had to stop when we get it…

In general though, ref and his assistants (missing obvious corners) were poor for both sides.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
An easy win for us against Cambridge. Twine was excellent again and Watters showed what he can do when given the chance. 2 goals for each of them. I'm just annoyed we didn't keep a clean sheet, letting one in at the end but I suppose that's partly the result of playing the way we do.

huddsmoose

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
MK Dons were good - probably the best side we've played so far. We were awful in that first half though, utter tripe.

Missed Tracey and Jones badly.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
A draw would have been a fair result, since both sides looked poor to my mind, but oh well, Pompey scored and we didn’t, and we missed a pen, so…

If nothing else, nice to see that our Plan B is to go even *more* direct than normal (yes, it’s possible)…how many sides use not one, but two target men (Akinfenwa and Vokes)?

It so nearly worked, too.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Wednesday have just been Evansed, no way we should be taking a point there

Got what you came for. I think if Gregory played today we’d have got 2 or 3. He was a big miss.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Got what you came for. I think if Gregory played today we’d have got 2 or 3. He was a big miss.
Can’t disagree that you should have won. All things considered that’s a great point for us (game ended with our right back playing left back with a midfielder slotting in on the right, as well as 3 injuries in the game to our already wafer thin squad).

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

Oxford played for the draw with 10 to go. On the floor injured every minute. Still playing when they were on the ball but we had to stop when we get it…

In general though, ref and his assistants (missing obvious corners) were poor for both sides.

That chant genuinely made me laugh. Nice to see us doing the shithousing for a change and that we are learning. It has happened enough to us.

What did you (or fellow Ipswich supporters) expect with 10 minutes to go and it being 0-0 away to a team that is likely to be a promotion rival? Do you expect teams to just roll over for you?

The video showing the reaction of your supporters after the game on the local paper site (I think) is utterly tremendous. There is some magnificent crying/ranting.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Good job getting Ipswich to ignore their own poor performance (I assume they are better than that) and focus on ten minutes of game management.
It was boring Plymouth’s fault last time now it is boring Oxfords… Glad we got a point and another ground ticked off.

SuffolkBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Good job getting Ipswich to ignore their own poor performance (I assume they are better than that) and focus on ten minutes of game management.
It was boring Plymouth’s fault last time now it is boring Oxfords… Glad we got a point and another ground ticked off.
We were pretty poor today tbh. Looked like two decent sides cancelling each other out for most of it. We were definitely there for the taking and if you had come out and played in the second half you could have come away with 3 points. Would have wanted us to do exactly the same in the last 10 minutes, just frustrating when it happens to you! A word on the away support though, decent numbers but awful noise. 130 Fleetwood fans made more noise!

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan

Classic Karl Robinson. Everytime his teams come to the DW he sticks 10 behind the ball and plays for a 0-0. Worked when he was Charlton, but we scored late on last time we played Oxford. I remember them coming out for the second half and doing extra warmups so our players kicked off and left them scrambling until the ref blew up.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
We’re going up.

Nigel Adkins deserves to go to prison.

Arbury

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge united
Hard watch against mk especially the first half, bonner hinted that it’s partly the way he set us up but the effort just wasn’t there, it felt like a training game and mk could have had a hatful.

2nd half was just damage limitation but at least it looked more like the Cambridge I’ve seen this season, created a few chances and if we’d have scored forst it would have made it interesting.

I’ve got to say watters looked class and gave our back line a torrid time for 90mins, for us there’s not many standouts, hoolahan was always trying and has got some unfair criticism in my eyes on our forum, digby, ironside and Williams tried but the rest just weren’t up to it, Brophy, weir, masterson etc very poor, will be interesting what happens come Jan.
KTF

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
A draw would have been a fair result, since both sides looked poor to my mind, but oh well, Pompey scored and we didn’t, and we missed a pen, so…

If nothing else, nice to see that our Plan B is to go even *more* direct than normal (yes, it’s possible)…how many sides use not one, but two target men (Akinfenwa and Vokes)?

It so nearly worked, too.
Very surprising win. We rode our luck at times, but nice to finally see some grit in the team.

Without getting too carried away, there are some signs that a decent team is starting to take shape. Connor Ogilvie has definitely made a difference in central defence alongside Raggett since he came back from injury. George Hirst is starting to look like a half decent striker so we might finally have an alternative to Marquis. Reserve keeper Bass is showing signs that he might be good enough to eventually make the spot his own.

GeneralLee

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Classic Karl Robinson. Everytime his teams come to the DW he sticks 10 behind the ball and plays for a 0-0. Worked when he was Charlton, but we scored late on last time we played Oxford. I remember them coming out for the second half and doing extra warmups so our players kicked off and left them scrambling until the ref blew up.
Is that classic Karl Robinson though?

KR is many things. Defensive, anti-football master tactician is definitely not one of them.

Frankly, I’d go so far as to say he isn’t very good at it (if he is) and we have struggled for a few seasons to have a ‘Plan B’. Blackpool playoffs games and our inability the last couple of seasons to mix it with the better teams in the division ought to be enough evidence

This season we are certainly better at the dark arts, yes. I’m just not sure whether seeing a game out for 10 minutes against Ipswich is deserving of being brandished as ‘classic KR’ however.

Robie

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
We were pretty poor today tbh. Looked like two decent sides cancelling each other out for most of it. We were definitely there for the taking and if you had come out and played in the second half you could have come away with 3 points. Would have wanted us to do exactly the same in the last 10 minutes, just frustrating when it happens to you! A word on the away support though, decent numbers but awful noise. 130 Fleetwood fans made more noise!
Sounded much better from us where I was whereas Ipswich only bothered in the second half. :dk:

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Genuinely gobsmacked by the reaction from Ipswich fans. What a bunch of fucking cry babies! I don't know what game they were watching?

First half only one team playing football, and that was us. We played fast, incisive, passing football in little triangles and had you chasing shadows for much of the half. We also pressed the life out of you when you were in possession.

The problem with such a full press is that it takes it out of the players energy levels and from about 85 minutes onwards we ran out of gas and resorted to a bit of game management. In the past we'd have still been going for it and probably fell to a late sucker punch. I'm glad we've added this to our game, although I don't recall us doing it previously this season.

Thinking about it a day later, it actually fucking offends me the attitude from some Ipswich fans, particularly the likes of those morons in the post match video mentioned above. It's not as if we're a Wycombe or Gillingham, spoiling the game and playing for dead ball opportunities, we're as far as it's possible to get from those sides. I never put Ipswich fans in the arrogant deluded twats category before, but after this reaction that's how they've come across.

Oh, and the Wigan bloke who claims we always put ten men behind the ball is either on drugs, or talking out of his arse, or most probably both!

Super_horns

Reaction score
Supports
WATFORD
Genuinely gobsmacked by the reaction from Ipswich fans. What a bunch of fucking cry babies! I don't know what game they were watching?

First half only one team playing football, and that was us. We played fast, incisive, passing football in little triangles and had you chasing shadows for much of the half. We also pressed the life out of you when you were in possession.

The problem with such a full press is that it takes it out of the players energy levels and from about 85 minutes onwards we ran out of gas and resorted to a bit of game management. In the past we'd have still been going for it and probably fell to a late sucker punch. I'm glad we've added this to our game, although I don't recall us doing it previously this season.

Thinking about it a day later, it actually fucking offends me the attitude from some Ipswich fans, particularly the likes of those morons in the post match video mentioned above. It's not as if we're a Wycombe or Gillingham, spoiling the game and playing for dead ball opportunities, we're as far as it's possible to get from those sides. I never put Ipswich fans in the arrogant deluded twats category before, but after this reaction that's how they've come across.

Oh, and the Wigan bloke who claims we always put ten men behind the ball is either on drugs, or talking out of his arse, or most probably both!
Probably just the classic reaction from home fans after a draw in a game they expected to win.

They either blame the ref or officials for their team’s failings .

SuffolkBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

Football is all about options mate. That’s the beauty of it. Both sides were there for the taking. As I said Oxford are a decent side and a point is a decent result away from home. Could have been all 3 if you’d have maintained the press. Of course we’ll be more frustrated as we didn’t play as well as we can do and a point at home isn’t as good as one away. Both sides will be top 6 I reckon. Oh and don’t take the reaction of fans on Twitter, we have some right melts

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

What video is it that’s mentioned? I haven’t seen it. Would be interesting to see it.

I don’t think you should base your opinion of all Town fans on a small area you’ve seen/read. On the Town forum, all posts that I’ve seen are full of extremely poor views of yourselves are opposed by posts praising your play, saying you’re one of the best in the league and just can’t understand why the last 10 minutes were spent playing for a draw by sitting on the floor rather than at least trying to go for the win.

The first half you were running rings round our full backs. Second half it was more even, and I’d say we had the best chances

What most Town fans are annoyed by is that the ref allowed you to continue play when one of yours was sat down but we had to stop

I, but I’m not sure many Town fans will agree, hate the fact Morsy is captain. He has the most bookings of the lot I believe and I just don’t see how that is great for a captain. His mentality on the pitch is shocking and it’s clear

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I'll reply to the two posts above with this one, rather than two individual ones, as I think I'd probably end up repeating myself. Both are fair and reasonable posts, thanks.

The time when the ref stopped the game when Matty Taylor was down was weird refereeing, and Karl Robinson was as bemused by it as anyone, and actually apologised to Paul Cook for it at the time, as it was not our doing, and Taylor was genuinely injured and had to come off. I think the ref was very poor for both sides and I certainly don't think we benefitted from it any more than you did, and in fact we should have had two penalties, both in the first half, one on Taylor and the other on Nathan Holland. I also think your guy who hacked Holland down when he was through on goal (I think it was Morsy) was very lucky not to see red (two yellows).

The irony of the game was that I didn't think we played as well as we can anyway, and missed Alex Gorrin in the second half particularly. He's our midfield ball winner, but he did his ACL last week, and even if he didn't start the game, he would have come on second half to shore things up when you were getting a foothold.

The video is something called Kings of Anglia and is like a series of sketches from the Fast Show, Mr Pink in particular is a prize specimen!

Edit: My fellow Oxford fan has just posted the link while I was typing. Enjoy!!!

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
What video is it that’s mentioned? I haven’t seen it. Would be interesting to see it.

I don’t think you should base your opinion of all Town fans on a small area you’ve seen/read. On the Town forum, all posts that I’ve seen are full of extremely poor views of yourselves are opposed by posts praising your play, saying you’re one of the best in the league and just can’t understand why the last 10 minutes were spent playing for a draw by sitting on the floor rather than at least trying to go for the win.

The first half you were running rings round our full backs. Second half it was more even, and I’d say we had the best chances

What most Town fans are annoyed by is that the ref allowed you to continue play when one of yours was sat down but we had to stop

I, but I’m not sure many Town fans will agree, hate the fact Morsy is captain. He has the most bookings of the lot I believe and I just don’t see how that is great for a captain. His mentality on the pitch is shocking and it’s clear
When he played us I don’t know a single Argo fan who was not gobsmacked Morsy finished still on the pitch. He was booked once, should have been booked at least three times (the ref realised on the third and put his card back in his pocket having taken it out) and could arguably have had a fourth caution, which I have never seen before. I hope he did the lottery that night, the luck was with him. Stupid thing is he is a good player, but plays over aggressively.

That said coming back to Eric’s point we fans usually are very partisan and myopic in our views of games. The trick I think is to know the sensible posters and listen to them, and ignore the rest.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
I'll reply to the two posts above with this one, rather than two individual ones, as I think I'd probably end up repeating myself. Both are fair and reasonable posts, thanks.

The time when the ref stopped the game when Matty Taylor was down was weird refereeing, and Karl Robinson was as bemused by it as anyone, and actually apologised to Paul Cook for it at the time, as it was not our doing, and Taylor was genuinely injured and had to come off. I think the ref was very poor for both sides and I certainly don't think we benefitted from it any more than you did, and in fact we should have had two penalties, both in the first half, one on Taylor and the other on Nathan Holland. I also think your guy who hacked Holland down when he was through on goal (I think it was Morsy) was very lucky not to see red (two yellows).

The irony of the game was that I didn't think we played as well as we can anyway, and missed Alex Gorrin in the second half particularly. He's our midfield ball winner, but he did his ACL last week, and even if he didn't start the game, he would have come on second half to shore things up when you were getting a foothold.

The video is something called Kings of Anglia and is like a series of sketches from the Fast Show, Mr Pink in particular is a prize specimen!

Edit: My fellow Oxford fan has just posted the link while I was typing. Enjoy!!!

I’ll have a look at the video later.

If the two penalty claims are the ones from Quest, they were both Nsiala I believe. The off the ball one I agree, we were lucky (I didn’t see that at the time) but likewise, right at the end, a similar incident with Piggott happened for us. The one where your player was through on goal, Nsiala got the ball. I sit that side so had a good view.

As I mentioned though, Morsy is always likely to get booked with his gameplay. Not captain material IMO

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
I like that video. Really nice thing to get the views of fans. I saw the version when Ipswich played us. As you would expect some very good insights and some absolute rubbish. Which is exactly what would happen if the same was done of fans of Oxford, Argyle or other clubs.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Football is all about options mate. That’s the beauty of it. Both sides were there for the taking. As I said Oxford are a decent side and a point is a decent result away from home. Could have been all 3 if you’d have maintained the press. Of course we’ll be more frustrated as we didn’t play as well as we can do and a point at home isn’t as good as one away. Both sides will be top 6 I reckon. Oh and don’t take the reaction of fans on Twitter, we have some right melts

I get the caution from our team if you look at our away record this season, it isn't the best unlike our home form.

Boletus Edulis

Reaction score
Supports
Argyle (and West Ham)
Just watched all the game. 4-1 does not tell all the story, and rather flatters us a bit. Good, flowing game, Accrington were good. We had luck with a really unfortunate own goal and a worldie. The key difference was that we were a bit more clinical in front of goal, and were better able to switch play to get them into positions they were not comfortable in. Good enjoyable game played by two teams that wanted to play.
Edited to note: the only downside of the game was the allegation of homophobic comments made by some young fans.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!