You are currently browsing the football forums as a guest. Sign up now for free and benefit from totally ad-free browsing. Logged in members see no ads.

Ground Improvements - COVID

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
We're completely replacing the old roof on our oldest remaining stand (The East Stand) the scaffolding is slowly going up and it will be completed in time for next season.

Also the stand will apparently be cleaned up and newer facilities built into the toilets and food selling outlets.

Sat in there for the first time in 15 years in our one league which had fans this season and not alot if anything had changed in seemed down the years, so very much needed.

Last edited:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Ours are being revealed in the summer apparently which makes me wonder if the Lorne Street has been quietly finished!

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
We should all be able to go to our home grounds to see what improvements have been made and its tragic that we can't until we have all been double dosed, so with that in mind i sent an e-mail to boris suggesting we should train all amazon delivery drivers to administer the vaccine, the whole country would be jabbed by saturday!! thursday if you've got prime.

Reactions: Soz

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
We should all be able to go to our home grounds to see what improvements have been made and its tragic that we can't until we have all been double dosed, so with that in mind i sent an e-mail to boris suggesting we should train all amazon delivery drivers to administer the vaccine, the whole country would be jabbed by saturday!! thursday if you've got prime.

We got allowed in during the away shirt release day to have a wander around last summer, got to see some of the improvements by then (notably a finished looking stadium with the Lorne Street seats now complete)

immariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
We don't need to improve a thing ;) If old school grounds aren't your thing, then Blundell Park isn't the place for you.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
It goes without saying that mansfield’s bishop st stand down the side of the pitch is the best in the league

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I like to think of our Lorne Street stand as a majestic Cathedral... when I say that I mean in terms of it taking nearly as long as the Sagrida Familia to build it!

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City
We might be getting a new scoreboard. Our CEO is very excited about it. More so than our league position

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
We might be getting a new scoreboard. Our CEO is very excited about it. More so than our league position
I thought the one you had on that portable trailer in the away end was quite smart.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
I remember the first scoreboard we had in our current ground, got it on the cheap from Gloucester Rugby club...it never worked properly and used to moan constantly during and after games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terra McCann