Halfway Stage Report

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
Right we're at the halfway stage of the season so how about a half time questionnaire.

1. Overall has the first half of the season been a success for your club?

2. Who has been your best and worst players of the season so far?

3. What has been your best and worst results of the season so far?

4. Are you happy with the performance of your current manager?

5. What needs to be done to your team transfer wise in January?

6. Where do you see yourself finishing in May?

7. Which three teams will go up and which four teams will go down in your opinion?

Meet you in the comments. :)

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton

It's a funny one. Extremely happy with the first half of the first half not so much the second half of the first half.

Wouldn't call it a success but given the injuries etc we've suffered it's probably not that bad but should have been a lot better.

Fosu or Clarke for me were very good before getting injured.

Josh Magennis is truly woeful and it's disgraceful that we started the season with him as our only striker.

Best for me personally is either beating Bristol Rovers on the opening day after spending 85 mins with 10 men or the 2-0 win at Rotherham.

Worst could be one of a quite a few. Losing to the rubbish near the bottom. Performance wise, from the games I've seen would be Wigan at home.

Strangely, yes. Like the others before him he's been badly let down by our crook of an owner. It's frankly a miracle that with the squad he has and the injuries suffered that we're even in the play-off conversation.

It needs rebuilding, our threadbare squad has been devastated by injuries. We're now just relying on kids. Won't happen though because Roland is a fucking tit, we'll no doubt end up with a couple of loans and freebies if we're lucky.

Mid-table-ish.

7. Which three teams will go up and which four teams will go down in your opinion?

Wigan, Blackburn, Peterborough

Wimbledon, Northampton, Bury and looking like it could be Rochdale at the minute which I didn't think would be the case at the start of the season.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
1. Yes, 52 points from 23 games. Same again in the second half of the season and we'll hit 104 points which will guarantee promotion and the title.

2. Best players: Sam Morsy, Nathan Byrne & Dan Burn would make up my top three. Worst probably Ivan Toney, Gavin Massey behind him.

3. Best result was sending the boat racers for a 7up. Worst result probably the 3-2 loss at Peterborough after being 2-1 up. Threw that away.

4. Very happy. We play attractive football, we score lots of goals and we concede very few. He's passionate, honest & not afraid to change.

5. Three players for me. A winger is an absolute must (hopefully Jamie Walker comes), a big striker and a right back to provide cover for Byrne.

6. I expect us to finish in the top two and most likely the league champions with a tally of over 100 points.

7. Ourselves, Blackburn and Shrewsbury to go up. I'm guessing with the bottom four but Bury, AFC Wimbledon, Northampton, Gillingham.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
No, far from it.
Best: Ellis Harrison by far. Worst: Tom Lockyer/Tom Nichols
Best: Winning 6-0 at Northampton (one of only 2 away wins this season). Worst: Losing 3-1 at home to Wimbledon. Worst performance I have seen from us since the 13/14 relegation season. 3-1 Flattered us.
Yes, very happy. He is without doubt one of the best managers in the club's history, if not THE best. I just hope the board properly back him in January or I fear he could walk.
For once I think we are sound in terms of keepers. Strikers we are fine (assuming Bodin stays).
We need to bring in an experienced defensive midfielder and also a wide player (or two).
Defense is by far our weakest position, 41 goals speaks for itself. Daniel Leadbitter, on his day, can be a very handy right-back at this level. However, he is far too inconsistent and usually lacks confidence in taking on his man. Lee Brown is very consistent, however this year it has been consistently not good enough. He seems to be our first choice left-back, but we need better than him. I have barely seen Marc Bola at left-back since he put in a MOTM performance away at Wolves in the cup. Tom Lockyer, a few signs of a good defender at this level, however he has been awful most of the season and is not up to league one football yet, unfortunately. Ryan Sweeney, got him back on loan after his fantastic loan spell at the end of last season. However he has been shit this season and I wouldn't mind if we sent him back to Stoke. Tom Broadbent shows potential, but his lack of experience in his first professional season is clear - not yet good enough. Desperately need to improve LB and CB.
Depends on January business. If it is successful- upper midtable/just miss out on playoffs. If not, and we continue our current form, then I can see us struggling to stay up.
Wigan, Blackburn and Portsmouth

Tough to say, very tight down the bottom. Poor run of form and anyone from 10th down could easily find themselves in the shit.
Bury, Northampton, Rochdale and Blackpool

Last edited:

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Very. I didn't expect us to be anywhere near the play-offs this season and we're up their competing. We don't exactly look great on the pitch but we're grinding out the results.

Best - Hakeeb Adelakun, Funso Ojo & Matt Gilks
Worst - Paddy Madden

Best - 2-1 win away at Bradford.
Worst - Rotherham 2-0 Scunny. We played horrendously this game and never looked like scoring.

Very happy. I've backed him throughout even though he has his doubters.

We need another CM. We started our last game without a recognised CM and only really have one good one. A clinical poacher like striker is needed too.

In and around the play-offs. Maybe just out of them.

Up - Wigan, Blackburn and Rotherham
Down - Blackpool, Bury, AFC Wimbledon and Rochdale

GFCSludge

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
The final third of the first half has been positive, so a sixth of the season has been good, a third of the season has been total shit and the remaining half is yet to come. Is my maths correct?

Tomas Holy is looking superb, was a bit sceptical when he signed, especially after his first few games, but he's come on leaps and bounds. Tom Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaves has surprised a few people, myself included. Binned by Yeovil last season having scored just 4 goals in 40 odd games, he's already doubled that tally this season. Scott Wagstaff had finally just started to look like the player I thought we'd signed at the start of last season, but is now injured again.

On the other side, how Connor Wilkinson is a professional footballer amazes me.

Best - Fleetwood away the other day we played some quality stuff, but any of the away wins under Steve Lovell tbf.
Worst - Oxford away.

Hugely, genuine club legend (not you Pennock) has been around the club in a coaching capacity for years, but has only managed at non-league level and that was years ago. Genuinely surprised with the level of tactical nouse he seems to have, especially defensively, and his willingness to change things in-game when the current system isn't working. It's called having a Plan B, several recent ex-Gills managers take note.

Keep Holy, creative midfielder and possibly a poacher type striker. We might already have one in Liam Nash but he appears to have fallen down the pecking order.

Towards the top of the bottom half and bloody happy with that having been absolute nailed on relegation certainties under Pennock.

Up - Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford
Down - Bury, Rochdale, Northampton and Blackpool

Last edited:

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend

Nope, was expecting much more with investments made in players like Kightly.

Best - Ryan Leonard. Class act 100% would be in team of the season if he was at one of the top end clubs but will probably be leaving for Blades in January anyway.

Worst - Anton Ferdinand. He can’t move.

Best - 2-1 Blackburn at home first game of the season. Filled us with hope.

Worst - pretty much every away game.

Things seem to have gone stale under Brown. He’s done a good job no doubt getting us to L1 and stabilising is here but can’t see how he can take us any further now. Contracts up at the end of the year and i’d be surprised if he remains here.

We need new strikers but it won’t happen

12th - 16th

Blackburn, Wigan and Bradford

Bury, Northampton, Rochdale and Wimbledon

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham

A complete mixed bag. Poor start under Shez sadly resulting in his departure, followed by a resurgence with some great football to boot under Wellens which seems to have gone a bit stale.

Best:
Eoin Doyle - fantastic striker at this level
Kean Bryan - excelled at centre half but could realistically play wherever he wanted to
Jack Byrne - cracking little player

Worst:
Ollie Banks - not a league one footballer sadly for him
Queensy Menig - such high hopes for his lad but barring his winner v Blackburn and first half performance at MK, he’s not been at the races

Best:
Latics 1-0 Blackburn - felt like a proper derby game and last minute winner was sweet

Worst:
Rotherham 5-1 Latics - the final nail in Shez’s coffin

Yes - done very well to turn it around and some of the football has been great. Needs to get us going again after a bit of a sticky patch.

Keep Doyle, Byrne and Bryan (all loans finish on Jan 1st) or replace them effectively - no mean feat.

Keep the above: 10-12th
Lose 2-3 of them: 16th-20th

Up: Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford
Down: Bury, Northampton, Rochdale, Blackpool

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon

No. Ards was bigging up his new signings in the summer and they haven't performed.

Best - George Long and Andy Barcham. Worst - the three wardrobes, Abdou, Trotter & Soares. Barry Fuller's making a late bid though.

Best - 3-1 away at Brizzle Rovers. Worst - 0-1 at home to Plymouth. We've lost by more but Plymouth were in the relegation zone at the time.

Not really. He tinkers when he shouldn't be tinkering.

A target man. Despite a few mistakes, our defence isn't that bad and George Long is very good. We need more goals.

See point 5. If that happens, maybe as high as mid table. If it doesn't, we're doomed.

Up - Wigan and Shrewsbury for definite. No idea for the third.
Down - Northampton, Bury and Rochdale. As for the other, it could be either us or MK.

Robert Molenaar

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Twitter
@ben_bwoi
I would say yes, just. We lost 0 games at home last year in the league, so far we have lost 6, that's simply not good enough and needs to change if we are going to challenge in the play offs. We have more points at this stage than last season, on the whole playing nice football and 5th with a 4 point cushion to 7th. Not all doom and gloom after some recent results and performances.

Best - Don't think there has been one 'outstanding' player for us this season, I'd say between Wyke and Law but no doubt the next City fan would say 2 people totally different.
Worst - Left back in general has been a big issue this season and still not totally convinced by Luke Hendrie.

Best - Wigan away.
Worst - Peterborough at home yesterday. First half was appalling.

Love having McCall as boss, however I don't think he'll ever get us promoted and think he's a stop gap before the Germans properly get their feet in the door and find a new boss who will take us forward and up to the Championship.

A decent back up/strike partner for Wyke. We rely too much on him. Would like to see us have genuine competition in goal and maybe 1 midfielder and 1 defender. Reports we might spend a bit of cash in January.

5th. Don't think we are good enough to go up but we should make the play offs.

Up - Wigan, Blackburn, Scunthorpe (play offs)
Down - Bury, Rochdale, Northampton, Plymouth

roversfan2001

#VenkysOut
Reaction score
Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Best:
Latics 1-0 Blackburn - felt like a proper derby game and last minute winner was sweet

I've always felt a prerequisite of a 'proper derby game' was that both teams had to give a shit about the other. :dk:

roversfan2001

#VenkysOut
Reaction score
Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The aim has always been finishing first and we aren't quite there yet, but we're averaging over 2 points a game which is promotion form, I'm happy with where we are.

Best: Bradley Dack. He's an amazing player and a really good character to have around the dressing room. Our best attacking midfielder since Dunny. Has the potential to cut it in the PL.

Worst: Elliott Ward. Sooner he fucks off the better, whenever he's on the pitch I'm never confident, and I don't think the rest of the back line are either.

Best: We've had a few fairly good ones, nothing like Wigan's 7-0 that really shines though. Possibly the 1-0 win at Bradford that arrested our poor start and ended their unbeaten run at home.

Worst: 1-0 loss at home to Wimbledon. Possibly the worst result in our history, at least in my lifetime.

Yes, he's got us playing as a force to be reckoned with after a shaky start, proved all the doubters wrong so far.

We could do with another centre back, but with Lenihan back soon he may act as the 'new signing'. Possibly a right back as neither Nyambe or Caddis have stood out in that position.

Top 2, 1st is probably too ambitious as Wigan are shitting on everyone but 2nd is more than achievable.

Up: Wigan, Rovers, Scunthorpe.
Down: Bury, Rochdale, Wimbledon, Northampton

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
I've always felt a prerequisite of a 'proper derby game' was that both teams had to give a shit about the other. :dk:

I think you’ll find that if you speak to some of the, ahem, older lads, they’ll tell you that before Jack Walker took over there was a fair bit of rivalry between the two clubs.

Regardless of whether the mighty Blackburn ‘give a shit’, the fact it was a local game in which you sold out (similar to Bolton) made it feel much more like a derby game than any of our games against Rochdale or Bury in recent years.

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
No, far from it.
Best: Winning 6-0 at Northampton (one of only 2 away wins this season). Worst: Losing 3-1 at home to Wimbledon. Worst performance I have seen from us since the 13/14 relegation season. 3-1 Flattered us.
Yes, very happy. He is without doubt one of the best managers in the club's history, if not THE best. I just hope the board properly back him in January or I fear he could walk.
For once I think we are sound in terms of keepers. Strikers we are fine (assuming Bodin stays).
We need to bring in an experienced defensive midfielder and also a wide player (or two).
Defense is by far our weakest position, 41 goals speaks for itself. Daniel Leadbitter, on his day, can be a very handy right-back at this level. However, he is far too inconsistent and usually lacks confidence in taking on his man. Lee Brown is very consistent, however this year it has been consistently not good enough. He seems to be our first choice left-back, but we need better than him. I have barely seen Marc Bola at left-back since he put in a MOTM performance away at Wolves in the cup. Tom Lockyer, a few signs of a good defender at this level, however he has been awful most of the season and is not up to league one football yet, unfortunately. Ryan Sweeney, got him back on loan after his fantastic loan spell at the end of last season. However he has been shit this season and I wouldn't mind if we sent him back to Stoke. Tom Broadbent shows potential, but his lack of experience in his first professional season is clear - not yet good enough. Desperately need to improve LB and CB.
Depends on January business. If it is successful- upper midtable/just miss out on playoffs. If not, and we continue our current form, then I can see us struggling to stay up.

Tough to say, very tight down the bottom. Poor run of form and anyone from 10th down could easily find themselves in the shit.

Reaction score
Supports
Peterborough United
No, far from it.

You will probably go down as Rovers are a very poor team...beyond that I am stunned regarding your comments about Timid Tommy Nicholls especially as you were extolling his technical ability, his work rate and the 'fact' that he would come good after he finally got a goal.

300K we got for that pup !!!

3Loggerheads

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
I think you’ll find that if you speak to some of the, ahem, older lads, they’ll tell you that before Jack Walker took over there was a fair bit of rivalry between the two clubs.

Regardless of whether the mighty Blackburn ‘give a shit’, the fact it was a local game in which you sold out (similar to Bolton) made it feel much more like a derby game than any of our games against Rochdale or Bury in recent years.
I always thought Blackburn's main rivals were Burnley?

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
I always thought Blackburn's main rivals were Burnley?
Quite possibly - I don’t profess that Blackburn/Oldham is the biggest rivalry in the world but through the 70s, 80s and early 90s we played each other most seasons and I’m told (I’m too young to know) that a decent rivalry was struck up.

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I would say yes, just. We lost 0 games at home last year in the league, so far we have lost 6, that's simply not good enough and needs to change if we are going to challenge in the play offs. We have more points at this stage than last season, on the whole playing nice football and 5th with a 4 point cushion to 7th. Not all doom and gloom after some recent results and performances.

Best - Don't think there has been one 'outstanding' player for us this season, I'd say between Wyke and Law but no doubt the next City fan would say 2 people totally different.
Worst - Left back in general has been a big issue this season and still not totally convinced by Luke Hendrie.

Best - Wigan away.
Worst - Peterborough at home yesterday. First half was appalling.

Love having McCall as boss, however I don't think he'll ever get us promoted and think he's a stop gap before the Germans properly get their feet in the door and find a new boss who will take us forward and up to the Championship.

A decent back up/strike partner for Wyke. We rely too much on him. Would like to see us have genuine competition in goal and maybe 1 midfielder and 1 defender. Reports we might spend a bit of cash in January.

5th. Don't think we are good enough to go up but we should make the play offs.

Up - Wigan, Blackburn, Scunthorpe (play offs)
Down - Bury, Rochdale, Northampton, Plymouth
Hard to disagree with any of this, if we can bring in a couple of quality players then no reason we can't still go up. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Germans waited for their own man before giving any real investment, and I can't blame the tbh as much as McCall will always be a god to me managerially he will always be left wanting. He even says he won't play 2 in the middle as we will get overrun, then weeks later does exactly that and telling the players to treat a friendly against Newcastle as a European tie and saying we rarely practice defending in training (said it both this and last season). Examples like that make me doubt him as a manager regardless of us doing well atm.

Must be said though if we had a Nick Powell or Bradley Dack then I think we'd have got top 2, that star quality is the difference.

CT70

Reaction score
Supports
Blackburn rovers
Quite possibly - I don’t profess that Blackburn/Oldham is the biggest rivalry in the world but through the 70s, 80s and early 90s we played each other most seasons and I’m told (I’m too young to know) that a decent rivalry was struck up.

This is true, I started going to games in 83/84. And other than City now and again Oldham was the only other Lancs/North West club we played until we joined them in the Prem 92/93.
So whilst not classed as true Derby game still very much a local rival and one I always look forwards to.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Considering the poor looking summer transfer business, and the relatively appalling start I'd actually have to say yes, it's been quite successful! We're in a good place under Lovell now.

Best - Holy, Eaves, O'Neill and Zakuani for me - all Pennock signings, just a shame he had bugger all idea how to use them!
Worst - Wilkinson has been fairly dire. Lee Martin should produce more than he does too.

Best - 3-1 at Rotherham, 1-0 v Charlton, 4-1 v Bristol Rovers
Worst - 0-3 reverses at Oxford and Rochdale. Losing 2-1 at home to Northampton was a bad result too, in a match we dominated.

God yes. A season of Lovell form and we'd be top 6.

A bit of tinkering but not too much. A physical midfielder, a poacher and a winger would be good, along with extending the loans of Sean Clare and Connor Ogilvie. New contract for Holy must be in the clubs thoughts too.

Between 12th and 16th somewhere.

Wigan, Blackburn, Peterborough
Bury, Rochdale, Dons, Blackpool

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma

No. Ards was bigging up his new signings in the summer and they haven't performed.

Best - George Long and Andy Barcham. Worst - the three wardrobes, Abdou, Trotter & Soares. Barry Fuller's making a late bid though.

Best - 3-1 away at Brizzle Rovers. Worst - 0-1 at home to Plymouth. We've lost by more but Plymouth were in the relegation zone at the time.

Not really. He tinkers when he shouldn't be tinkering.

A target man. Despite a few mistakes, our defence isn't that bad and George Long is very good. We need more goals.

See point 5. If that happens, maybe as high as mid table. If it doesn't, we're doomed.

Up - Wigan and Shrewsbury for definite. No idea for the third.
Down - Northampton, Bury and Rochdale. As for the other, it could be either us or MK.

Trotter stopped caring about football about 4 or 5 years ago, but I'm genuinely quite sad that Abdou isn't faring well at the Dons. I presume his legs have gone? His game was all about energy and passion. He couldn't pass water to save his life and he doesn't score many.

Will never forget this, either!

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Trotter stopped caring about football about 4 or 5 years ago, but I'm genuinely quite sad that Abdou isn't faring well at the Dons. I presume his legs have gone? His game was all about energy and passion. He couldn't pass water to save his life and he doesn't score many.

Abdou's done well when he's played. Certainly better than the useless lump Trotter, who is perfectly named for the way he plods around. Why Abdou hasn't started more games is one of the mysteries of what Ardley's playing at. When we signed Abdou, we were told he'd be first name on the teamsheet.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland

You would have to say yes given that we are in the top half and the aim this season was to stay up however the lack of concentration in the final minutes of games has cost us enough points to have us in the playoff positions but also very close to safety already.

Difficult on best as no one has stood out probably Jordan Houghton, worst Rodney Kongolo a little harsh he’s young and raw but given his pedigree I expected more.

Best: Plymouth away probably even though they were poor at the time. Worst: got to be Walsall at home.

I don’t like Fergie he’s not convinced me that he can produce consistent entertaining football. I’m aware that he has changed a lot behind the scenes and for the better but there’s just something about him I don’t like. As to his performance so far he’s meeting the boards mandate.

We need a left and right full back, a hard tackling defensive midfielder and a striker with at least 3 of them having a bit of pace. Most of our fans feel the same, our manager however thinks we are ok and need no one, last time he thought that we went from 7th to relegated.

Anywhere between 12th and 24th the division is unpredictable as are we.

Hard to see past Wigan after that take your pick of at least 7 and there always seems to be a team lower down that goes on a championship run of form.
Again hard to see past Bury but then take your pick of at least 11 others along with the team that loses virtually every game from now on taking them from promotion hopefuls like us two seasons ago.

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
The aim has always been finishing first and we aren't quite there yet, but we're averaging over 2 points a game which is promotion form, I'm happy with where we are.

Best: Bradley Dack. He's an amazing player and a really good character to have around the dressing room. Our best attacking midfielder since Dunny. Has the potential to cut it in the PL.

Worst: Elliott Ward. Sooner he fucks off the better, whenever he's on the pitch I'm never confident, and I don't think the rest of the back line are either.

Best: We've had a few fairly good ones, nothing like Wigan's 7-0 that really shines though. Possibly the 1-0 win at Bradford that arrested our poor start and ended their unbeaten run at home.

Worst: 1-0 loss at home to Wimbledon. Possibly the worst result in our history, at least in my lifetime.

Yes, he's got us playing as a force to be reckoned with after a shaky start, proved all the doubters wrong so far.

We could do with another centre back, but with Lenihan back soon he may act as the 'new signing'. Possibly a right back as neither Nyambe or Caddis have stood out in that position.

Top 2, 1st is probably too ambitious as Wigan are shitting on everyone but 2nd is more than achievable.

Up: Wigan, Rovers, Scunthorpe.
Down: Bury, Rochdale, Wimbledon, Northampton
You can' be very old if your loss to us is the worst result in your lifetime. Blackburn were proper shit she I was growing up.

FarehamPompey

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth

Yes, without doubt. 6th place going into 2018, new manager, quite a young squad with a few academy players shining, and with a small budget compared to others.

Pitman has been a cut above the rest, although he hasn't done much the last few games as be looks knackered and still runs with a dodgy knee. Matt Clarke (CB) is also outstanding and has a big future.

Worst player was probably Dion Donahue, as he cost us quite a few goals.. although he was brilliant yesterday.

Really enjoyed the 1-0 away win at Charlton. Was a scrappy game but was impressive to show that we can mix it in the playoffs.

Worst result, 3-0 Blackburn.

Yes, had a few questions early on, but with 9 wins in 11 games he has really found the winning mentality.

A solid and commanding CM, and a very pacey striker would be good just as another option.

5th. I think we'll continue to climb and then float around inside the playoffs.

Up.. Blackburn, Wigan and Bradford.. although never say never for Pompey.

Down.. Gillingham, Northampton and Plymouth.

Franchisor

Reaction score
Supports
Milton Keynes Dons
Definitely not. Lots of investment in the squad in the summer, but little to show for it. Uninspiring, dull football. Most supporters were expecting us to challenge for top 6, but it's been the opposite and very disappointing.

Best - Chuks Aneke. One of the best #10s in the league, we will be lucky to hang on to him after this season.
Worst - Tshibola on loan from Villa. Just awful. Thankfully we cancelled his loan and sent him back.

Best - Probably the 1-0 home win with 9 men against Posh the other day, hanging on for 60+ minutes.
Worst - Losing away to both Doncaster and Bristol Rovers. Think we all expected so much more from those games.

Personally, not at all. The sooner he goes the better.

A winger, striker, a CB and another attacking mid/#10/playmaker.

10th

Promoted - Wigan, Blackburn, Bradford
Relegated - Bury, Northampton, Rochdale, Plymouth

UTS

Reaction score
Supports
Bury

Could Bury fans not say the exact same? Oldham brought 1,500 to Gigg Lane last time they visited... compared to Boltons 3,200 and Blackburns 3,400..

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Could Bury fans not say the exact same? Oldham brought 1,500 to Gigg Lane last time they visited... compared to Boltons 3,200 and Blackburns 3,400..
Yes - there is no real rivalry between the two clubs, just close proximity.

Bucket_

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
There's already been a Pompey one which was pretty bang on, but I can't resist procrastinating.

Undoubtedly - we're overachieving currently, with one of the youngest squads in the league. I still expect this season to be more about consolidation than anything else, but a playoff challenge is definitely on.

Pitman is the obvious candidate for all his goals (though he's gone off the boil lately), but my pick is Matt Clarke, who has been outstanding and our most consistent performer so far. I fully expect him to be in the Championship next year, whether it's with Pompey (unlikely..) or not. Shoutouts to Jamal Lowe - who just needs to add goals to his game to get to the next level -, Nathan Thompson and Danny Rose - such a pity he's now out for the season as he was just starting to shine in League 1.

Worst player, Drew Talbot, sadly. He's now left, but had one of the worst individual games I've ever seen earlier in the season, which included the lowlight of knocking out one of his own teammates (Nathan Thompson) and putting him out for a few weeks..

Best would be either Blackpool away (3-2), or Charlton away (1-0). Both displayed a lot of resilience and as Fareham said, showed we can mix it in the playoffs. Charlton was a brilliant away day.

Worst was being completely outplayed at Blackburn, or the home game against Oldham, which was an angsty affair on and off the pitch, and ended with the most trouble I've seen at Fratton in a long time.

Yes. King Kenny's got us sorted. He blooded a lot of our latest academy products early in the season and that's turned out to be a masterful move. I'm not one to make predictions generally, but I really believe he's taking us to the Championship in the next couple of seasons.

Backup GK, LB (about to be sorted), a strong and experienced CM, and some form of attacking threat (also about to be sorted).

I'd love to say playoffs, but I think we'll be just short. 7th/8th.

Wigan and Blackburn autos, playoffs are much harder to call. Bradford and Scunthorpe look good, but I fully expect a team from midtable to go on a red hot streak. Peterborough maybe?

Northampton, Bury, Rochdale and Plymouth, Gillingham, or Wimbledon down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!