Keep, Get Rid or Undecided?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Oh yes, it's that time of the season again where I start this up!

Quite simple, who's under contract, who's out of contract and what would you do with them?

Under Contract
Goalkeepers

Paul Farman - Contracted until 2016/17

Defenders
Tony Diange - Contracted until 2015/16

Midfielders
Alan Power - Contracted until 2016/17

Strikers
Jordan Burrow - Contracted until 2015/16
Conner Robinson - Contracted until 2015/16

Out of Contract
Defenders
Jake Caprice - A full back that used to be a winger, and it shows. Good going forward, not great defensively. I'd try and play him in a more advanced position especially if we want to improve defensively. Keep.
Tom Miller - Offered a new deal but highly unlikely to be here next season. Best and most consistent player at the Club at RB or CB. Keep.
Nat Brown - Been far more inconsistent this season than last and still scares you to death. 34 now, though. Get Rid.
Hamza Bencherif - Could have put him as a defender or midfielder but either way, a good player. Keep.
Sean Newton - Got a contract on the table. Like Caprice, good going forward but not at his strongest defensively. Currently on loan at Notts County and unlikely to be here next season. Keep.

Midfielders
Marcus Marshall - Not shown enough. Get Rid.
Jon Nolan - Offered a new deal but I can't make my mind up on him. Could be a good player but always plays within himself and doesn't offer much in terms of assists, creating chances or breaking up play either. Undecided.
Arnaud Mendy - Decent enough at breaking up play but position discipline leaves gaps all over the shop at times. Better slightly further forward with someone else 'sitting'. Keep.
Todd Jordan - Not good enough. Get Rid.
Charlee Adams - Rowett wants him back at Birmingham next season in and around the first team so doubtful we'll get him back. Keep.
Keegan Everington - Youth lad, made a handful of appearances. Finances dictate we can't give younger players much time. Get Rid.

Strikers
Ben Tomlinson - Top scorer last season, top scorer this season. 35ish in two seasons isn't bad going. Keep.
Delano Sam-Yorke - Won't score many because he runs the channels but still a useful player to have. Keep
Tyrell Waite - Not even sure why we signed him and no-one seems particularly impressed. Get rid.
Alex Simmons - Young striker, been out on loan 3 times this season and has scored in the lower leagues quite comfortable. Probably worth another year or two and loaned out. Keep.

Marsden (20 minutes) and Davies (45 minutes) from Fleetwood and Southport respectively have hardly played, mainly due to postponements.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
As far as I'm aware no one's contract is until 2016/17.

Goalkeepers:
Jake Cole - Keep. Assured and experienced.
Andy Little (non-contract goalkeeping coach and last resort) - Keep.
Would need to sign another goalkeeper in the summer.

Defenders:
Mike Cestor - Keep. Young, quick and has potential to be a very good CB for this level. Will take some time to return from knee surgery.
James Clarke - Keep. Decent, can play CB or RB.
Joe McNerney - Keep. Decent, future WFC captain if a FL club doesn't come calling or a big budget in this league.
Adam Newton - Get rid. A valiant servant at RB for the last four years. Won promotion with us but isn't getting any younger.
John Nutter (non-contract) - Get rid. Has hardly played due to his teaching career. Would like to keep but isn't available enough.
Aswad Thomas - Keep. One of the best LBs in the division. Would be expensive and wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Midfielders:
Chris Arthur - Keep. Has the potential to be a good player at this level. Strong, quick and can play LM or LB.
Kevin Betsy -
Keep. Could easily get another year out of him but he's announced this will be his last season with us.
John Goddard - Keep. A very good player on his day. Young and has potential to become consistently good.
Joey Jones -
Keep. Like Goddard, young and has potential to become more consistent. Can play CM, RB and CB.
Keiran Murtagh -
Get rid. A massive disappointment this season. Hasn't been fit enough to show us what we know he can do.
Josh Payne -
Keep. One of the best CMs in the league although wouldn't be surprised if he left for the FL.
Mark Ricketts -
Keep. No brainer. Mark Ricketts Is Goddddddddddddddd.

Forwards:
Reece Beckles -
Keep. Young player who should continue his development playing regularly in the Conference South like this season.
Scott Rendell -
Keep. Another no brainer. A 20-goals-a-season striker. Enjoys being at the club. Could move if a local side offer big money.
Giuseppe Sole -
Keep. A good striker and also person to have around the club.

On Loan at Woking:
Ross Lafayette (from Luton) -
Keep. A good striker for this level. If Rendell was to move on he would be an ideal replacement.
Yemi Odubade (from Eastleigh) -
Undecided. Quick and has scored a few. Would be expensive. Need to see more.
Charles Banya (from Crawley) -
Keep. A young, nippy winger with the potential to be a good player at this level.

So Betsy, Murtagh, Newton and Nutter out the door.

Rendell, Payne and McNerney will no doubt attract some interest from other clubs.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Under Contract
Reece Styche - 2016
Craig Reid - 2016

Goalkeepers
Danny Lewis - Get Rid Been a great keeper the last few years but this season has been a bit suspect
Jas Singh -
Undecided Hasn't been given many games so hard to tell if he could cut it

Defenders

Jared Hodgkiss - Keep He's been a brilliant replacement for Lee Vaughan, easily our best signing but can see him moving on
Josh Gowling -
Keep Very experienced and a solid defender week in week out, hopefully we can keep him so he can continue his coaching qualification here
Jamie Grimes -
Undecided Can be amazing one week and have a shocker the next but he's still young and has potential
Jordan Tunnicliffe -
Keep Was a very good young replacement for Gowling when he was injured against some tough strikers like Parkin and Hughes, shows some good potential
Kevin Nicholson -
Undecided Been a good signing this season but he isn't getting younger
Jake Green -
Keep Shown some good potential when played in various different positions and could do a job at this level
Tyrone Williams -
Keep Still young and will probably be used next season with the reduced budget

Midfielders

Jack Byrne - Undecided He'll have one good game in 3 but does pop up with goals and has started to play well now that Storer has gone
Aman Verma -
Keep Very composed player who has a good shot on him
Callum Gittings -
Undecided Was amazing last season but has suffered with a lot of injuries this season which has hampered his performances
Josh O'keefe -
Get Rid Any takers?
Kennedy Digie and Luke Maxwell Unsure how long their contracts are from when they were promoted from the academy in December
Ahmed Obeng - Undecided Shown potential but doesn't seem to be in Whild's plans
Keyon Reffell -
Keep Good potential and can hopefully push on next season

Strikers

Lee Hughes - Keep Depending on whether he retires or not he can still perform at this level and score goals
Danny Wright -
Get Rid In the games since he joined he hasn't impressed
Akwasi Asante -
Undecided Hasn't performed on the pitch but still has changed games when he's been subbed on
Jamie Spencer -
Keep Hasn't been given loads of opportunities but has shown he can perform at this level when he has
Reece Hales -
Keep Still young and could maybe do a job at this level

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Goalkeepers

Martin Rice - Out of contract. Would only like him kept as a back up - he's cheap but he's also shit.

Defenders

Dale Tonge - Out of contract. Release, he's awful.
Tom Cruise - Out of contract. I think he has some ability, but he is incredibly injury prone. Maybe keep as back up only if he takes a pay cut.
Aaron Downes - Out of contract. Let him go. Makes too many errors nowadays.
Krystian Pearce - Out of contract. Offer a new deal with a reduced wage, otherwise he's too expensive to keep.
Angus MacDonald -
Out of contract. Offer a new deal.
Levi Ives -
Out of contract. Offer a new deal, though I'm confident he sees himself playing much higher than us, so he'll go.

Midfielders

Luke Young -
Under Contract until 2016. Try and keep, though I feel a half decent offer will see the lad go.
Courtney Richards -
Under contract until 2016. Again, happy enough he's under contract. I rate him, though I feel he's lost his mojo since being sold down the river by Hargreaves away at Alfreton.
Ben Harding -
Out of contract. Go, he's shit.
Toby Ajala -
Out of contract. Offer a new deal. Hardworking, although incredibly frustrating at times.
Courtney Cameron -
Out of contract. I think he needs a move. Weirdly he was good in L2, yet struggled in this league. Will go on to play League football in my opinion.
Jordan Chapell -
Out of contract. Will probably go. Maybe offer a reduced deal.
Louis Briscoe -
Under contract until 2016. He has to get in shape. He's been poor and can't last 90 minutes. If he can get fit, he'll be too good for this level.
Sam Chaney -
Under contract until 2016. Youngster, spent the second half of the season at Waltham Abbey. See what he's got.
Micky Parcell - As above.
James McQuilkin -
Out of contract. Quite like his versatility, but seems a bit like Chris McPhee in that he's very average in every position. May keep if cheap.

Strikers

Ryan Bowman -
Under contract until 2016. Happy enough keeping him, though needs to put away more chances in my book. The most frustrating striker I've ever watched.
Ashley Yeoman -
Out of contract. Cheap, but I think it's time for us to say goodbye to the lad.
Elliot Benyon -
Out of contract. Thank fuck, au revoir.
Duane O'Achie -
Out of contract. Offer a deal. I rate the lad.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Bit early for this, especially for those clubs who aren't sure which division they'll be in next season. For us it will depend on if we go up (very unlikely imo) or not. If we did go up, then I'd expect a fair bit of investment and a few changes, whereas if we don't then I'd expect us to stick with a fairly settled squad.

I can't see Sam Russell, Chris Stokes, Luke Oliver, Kieron Forbes or Anthony Barry (who's under contract till 2016) still being here next season whatever happens though.

Cardsfan

Reaction score
Supports
Woking
As far as I'm aware no one's contract is until 2016/17.

Goalkeepers:
Jake Cole - Keep. Assured and experienced.
Andy Little (non-contract goalkeeping coach and last resort) - Keep.
Would need to sign another goalkeeper in the summer.

Defenders:
Mike Cestor - Keep. Young, quick and has potential to be a very good CB for this level. Will take some time to return from knee surgery.
James Clarke - Keep. Decent, can play CB or RB.
Joe McNerney - Keep. Decent, future WFC captain if a FL club doesn't come calling or a big budget in this league.
Adam Newton - Get rid. A valiant servant at RB for the last four years. Won promotion with us but isn't getting any younger.
John Nutter (non-contract) - Get rid. Has hardly played due to his teaching career. Would like to keep but isn't available enough.
Aswad Thomas - Keep. One of the best LBs in the division. Would be expensive and wouldn't be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Midfielders:
Chris Arthur - Keep. Has the potential to be a good player at this level. Strong, quick and can play LM or LB.
Kevin Betsy -
Keep. Could easily get another year out of him but he's announced this will be his last season with us.
John Goddard - Keep. A very good player on his day. Young and has potential to become consistently good.
Joey Jones -
Keep. Like Goddard, young and has potential to become more consistent. Can play CM, RB and CB.
Keiran Murtagh -
Get rid. A massive disappointment this season. Hasn't been fit enough to show us what we know he can do.
Josh Payne -
Keep. One of the best CMs in the league although wouldn't be surprised if he left for the FL.
Mark Ricketts -
Keep. No brainer. Mark Ricketts Is Goddddddddddddddd.

Forwards:
Reece Beckles -
Keep. Young player who should continue his development playing regularly in the Conference South like this season.
Scott Rendell -
Keep. Another no brainer. A 20-goals-a-season striker. Enjoys being at the club. Could move if a local side offer big money.
Giuseppe Sole -
Keep. A good striker and also person to have around the club.

On Loan at Woking:
Ross Lafayette (from Luton) -
Keep. A good striker for this level. If Rendell was to move on he would be an ideal replacement.
Yemi Odubade (from Eastleigh) -
Undecided. Quick and has scored a few. Would be expensive. Need to see more.
Charles Banya (from Crawley) -
Keep. A young, nippy winger with the potential to be a good player at this level.

So Betsy, Murtagh, Newton and Nutter out the door.

Rendell, Payne and McNerney will no doubt attract some interest from other clubs.
Was looking forward to working this out but you've pretty much nailed it. I'm still undecided about Arthur mind, and I think Odubade is a good idea if it's financially viable. Says a lot about the quality of the squad that so few people need to be moved on.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Bit early for this, especially for those clubs who aren't sure which division they'll be in next season. For us it will depend on if we go up (very unlikely imo) or not. If we did go up, then I'd expect a fair bit of investment and a few changes, whereas if we don't then I'd expect us to stick with a fairly settled squad.

I can't see Sam Russell, Chris Stokes, Luke Oliver, Kieron Forbes or Anthony Barry (who's under contract till 2016) still being here next season whatever happens though.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this, most of the players you named were signed by Dave Hockaday, so Ady Pennock will probably want to offload them as soon as possible if he remains true to form. Oliver seems to have dropped down the pecking order since the arrival of Clough and doesn't always make the bench, he might choose to leave too. I might add James Norwood to that list, who I believe is out of contract in the summer, can see him moving on of his own accord even if he is offered new terms. I understand that there is a contract offer available for Stuart Fleetwood, currently on loan from Eastleigh, hopefully he will put pen to paper and return permanently to the club.

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Under Contract

James Mckeown

Rest out of contract, obviously depends on which league we are in, but right now I would only keep Pearson, Magnay, and Disley for next season, a couple of others could argue a case for but otherwise I would get rid especially if we don't get promoted

GTFC1979

Reaction score
Supports
grimsby town
We only ever offer new players 1 year contracts now, so as far as i'm aware, they will all be out of contract in the Summer!

And if we fail to go up again, another mass clear out and re-build, like we do every pre-season!!

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
We only ever offer new players 1 year contracts now, so as far as i'm aware, they will all be out of contract in the Summer!

And if we fail to go up again, another mass clear out and re-build, like we do every pre-season!!

Mckeown signed a two year deal last summer, but yeah everyone else is out of contract

GTFC1979

Reaction score
Supports
grimsby town
Ah didn't know Frealaf was posting at the same time as me, i'm not just copying, honest!! :D :D

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Gonna have a go at this on the basis that we will stop up. If we dont I dont expect any of this squad to stay. Paul Clayton might but the way Nicky has treated him this season has been poor so -

Goalkeepers

Jason Mooney - GET RID. Never seen a goalkeeper so hot and cold. He pulled of two great saves at Welling to Enable us to win but he is capable of a blunder at any moment. Home to Southport springs to mind. And he is not capable of taking charge of his area and is suspect at corners.
Tom Flynn - Undecided. Hasnt made an appearance yet

Defenders

Bradley Wood - KEEP No brainer. The best player at the club. Always gives 100% and has been fantastic in recent games.
Rowe- Turner - KEEP Hasnt been himself this season but he is one of our better Centre backs
Duane Courtney - GET RID . Looks shaky at the back and has been trialed in midfield and has strugged. Had one good game all season (Southport away) Not enough
Chris Smith - GET RID. Awful. Not good enough for this level any more.
Luke Graham - KEEP. Good solid Conference player.
Niall Heaton - GET RID. Bit Harsh but he was sent off v Aldershot after a poor challenge and was awful at Woking
Callum Howe - KEEP Decent signing. Has played well. And carries a threat at set pieces
Aaron Bentley - KEEP Only played twice and looks naive but has promise too.

Midfielders

Lee Stevenson - KEEP. Started the season poorly but since his return from his loan spell at Stockport he has been very good when he is played. In recent weeks he has been on the bench.
Anthony Howell - GET RID. Very Lazy and can go walkbout for long periods. Poor workrate
Tom Shaw - KEEP One of the best players at the club always gives 100%. 6 goals from Midfield in a relegation threatened side is good going
Dan Bradley - KEEP. Not been as effective as last season but still a solid Conference winger and carries a threat
Jake Sheridan - GET RID, Has struggled to break in to the starting XI. Not done much
Jordan Keane - Keep. Can play as a Midfield or a centre half. Impressive
Andi Thanoj - KEEP Excellent Player and a real coup to land him from Grimsby.

Strikers

Messiah McDonald - GET RID. Flashes of brillance but 90% of the time Poor
Joe Ironside - Keep . Was very good in his first loan spell and if he can work on his fitness think he has real potential
Benny Igehon - GET RID. Poor.
Karl Hawley - KEEP. Good solid journeyman pro. Think there are better options out there though and is lazy and not interested in playing for the club
Joe Leesley. KEEP. Only made a few cameo sub apperances but looks like a nice little neat player with a threat
John Johnston. KEEP Has been excellent. No brainer really. If he mix his game up a bit and not be one dimensional he could be a real find.
Simon Lenighan GET RID. Only made his debut at Telford but we have enough decent Midfielders at the club. Not needed

ShrewdBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Don't know who has a contract for next season.

Keepers
Jon Worsnop - Keep - after a shaky debut he's been one of our best players, quality keeper maybe even one of the best in the league imo.
Jon Viscosi - Keep - don't think he's played yet so no idea if he's any good but a back up keeper will most likely only feature a handful of times each season anyway so not a big risk.

Defenders
Matty Brown - Keep - Very good defender and offers the physical presence that the other centre backs can't.
Michael Kay - Keep - As long as he's played at CB, he's always reliable and he'll only get better.
Ben Heneghan - Keep - Great player and one that I'm almost certain will go on to play in at least league one.
Gareth Roberts - Keep - Consistently solid and experienced. Age not on his side though and I think we'll only get one more season out of him unfortunately.
Ryan Higgins - Keep - We've been missing a good RB and he is quality. Gives us some much needed pace at the back and is very useful going forward. Will go on to play higher in the league.
Kieron Charnock - Undecided - Used this word a lot but he is very reliable. Reluctant to get rid but feel we could get a younger defender with potential in instead.
Ibou Touray - Get Rid - Hasn't done too much to impress.

Midfielders
John Rooney - Keep - A lot of Chester fans would get rid but he does his job well and chips in with goals relatively regularly.
Kingsley James - Keep - Gone off the boil recently but he has been brilliant in our midfield and had a couple of well earned England C call ups.
Sean McConville - Keep - Chips in with a good amount of goals and gives us more pace.
Craig Mahon - Keep - Great player and one of our best performers this season.
George Thomson - Keep - Good signs for the future looking at his time with Kings Lynn. Hasn't featured too much since signing but will no doubt play a much bigger part next season.
Liam Blake - Keep - Had a good loan spell with Marine, no idea if he's ready for the conference yet but one for the future.
Peter Winn - Get Rid - Good player but plagued by injury.

Strikers
Craig Hobson - Get Rid - Will be sad to see him go if he does but he's playing a league too high imo.
Kane Richards - Keep - Young and looks like a good prospect. Would like to see us actually play him up front rather than the wing though.
Tom Peers - Keep - Very good loan spell with Marine. Got his first senior goal away at Halifax in December and I think he'll do a job in the conference if given time.
Ben Greenop - Keep - No idea about him but another ex youth teamer so may as well keep him around and see how he does.

dan_wrexhamafc

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Not including the uni lads as will take ages! so from the senior squad

Goalkeepers
Bachmann - Loan ends he will be higher level if he can stay fit
Coughlin - Keep, good enough for 2nd choice

Defenders
Ross White - Contracted - happy to keep(althought he is my friend so maybe biased), has potential, Cover or loan out
Tommassen - Keep - Still young, proved to be reasonable cover last few weeks but would need to bring in a 1st choice right back
Manny Smith - KEEP!!!! - brilliant player but can't see him any lower then league 2 next season
Hudson - Contracted - happy to keep, decent lad still young early 20's
Waterfall - Contracted - seemed alright so far, commanding in air and vocal
Ashton - 50/50 - keep if he'd accept a lower wage, not sure if still good enough for first choice every week
Stephens - Get Rid - Really down to earth lad but just not good enough I'm afraid

Midfield
Carrington - Contracted - Alright cover, not been as good this season, be undecided if out of contract
Harris - Get rid - Not what he used to be, think he needs a change for the good of his career, class when he wants
Keates - Get rid - To injury prone, still a good player though but can't afford to be injured half season, Keep as coach
Clarke - Get rid - hit and miss player, miss more often though, glimpses of ability here and there but not good enough
Durrell - Keep - our most creative player when used correctly, be angry if he wasn't offered anything
Rob Evans - KEEP! - Future of our midfield will play higher level one day, local lad, down to earth, a leader, future captain
Finley - Not sure - on loan with view to signing atm, only seen 1 game so can't really comment on him
Storer - Keep - Battles, talks, gets on the ball, a proper enforcer in the middle, just what we needed
Bailey-Jones - Get rid - not good enough, why Macc loaned him I'll never know
Royle - Get rid - been on loan at Colwyn Bay for about 2 years on and off, not pulling up trees there so won't be good enough
Morris - Keep - On loan from Walsall would be happy if we signed him on a contract or loan again next season, pacey, tricky winger
York - Keep - PACE!! just needs to learn how to use it better and improve finishing, misses easy chances, has potential though, still young

Forwards
Moult - Keep - 16 goals so far and spent half a season on the bench, young, has to be kept to build for next season
Jennings - Keep - Energy, passion, holds ball up pretty well, we need to put him up top though not on the wing
Bishop - Get rid - Will probably be our biggest wage, not worth it, not as bad as made out but 100% not worth his wage
Rushton - Keep - looks class on loan and decent pre-season, GIVE HIM A CHANCE IN THE LEAGUE!!! good enough 4th choice (won't be kept though)

Getting rid of Bishop, Harris, Clarke, Keates would free up a huge chunk of our wage budget, could probably get 5/6 decent lads for their wages, Need a 1st choice keeper, 1st right back, 1st choice/cover left back, couple of CM's, cover Winger each side, 1/2 strikers

Last edited:

Pliny Harris

Frightened Inmate #2
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
The Provisional Brotherhood
Simon Lenighan GET RID. Only made his debut at Telford but we have enough decent Midfielders at the club. Not needed
You'll have the same number of decent midfielders at the club whether you keep him or release him.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Was looking forward to working this out but you've pretty much nailed it. I'm still undecided about Arthur mind, and I think Odubade is a good idea if it's financially viable. Says a lot about the quality of the squad that so few people need to be moved on.

When Arthur first arrived on loan he was very impressive. However, his form then dropped off which coincided with the teams poor form. From a young player playing in this division, a lack of consistency is to be expected but it says a lot that we signed him immediately when he was released from AFC Wimbledon. He certainly has potential - big, strong and quick. Although I don't believe LB is his strongest position yet, against the weaker sides, he does a good enough job there but is prone to positional errors and losing concentration. In an ideal world I'd like to see him playing somewhere on the wing with Thomas at LB - such a shame that McNerney got sent off vs Barnet when that was actually the setup and since then Thomas has been injured.

Three goals in five from Odubade now and he should probably have had one or two more as well. He's quick, wise and strong. Like a Marriott type, an ideal player to lead the line alongside Rendell. If we made the play-offs instead of Eastleigh, I'm sure they'd be massively kicking themselves over loaning him to us. He's not quite fit enough for 90 minutes yet as he's faded in the second half of games and consequently been substituted so I'm looking forward to when he's properly 100%. Highly promising signs so far.

You're right in saying that there are few players we'd move on. A testament to the management of Garry Hill and Steve Thompson. The problem we face is hanging on to those players who will we catching the eye of the big spenders in this league and also Football League sides. Hopefully with a strong finish to this season, potentially improving on last season's 9th and holding on to the likes of Rendell, who enjoys playing here, we can attract others to stay as well.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Three goals in five from Odubade now and he should probably have had one or two more as well. He's quick, wise and strong. Like a Marriott type, an ideal player to lead the line alongside Rendell. If we made the play-offs instead of Eastleigh, I'm sure they'd be massively kicking themselves over loaning him to us.

Same with loaning us Fleetwood, although he hasn't scored yet his overall contribution has been superb so far and he's been a major factor in our recent form. Eastleigh are very kind/naïve to let their promotion rivals have key players on loan for the run-in.

Sparrow

Reaction score
Supports
Woking FC
Same with loaning us Fleetwood, although he hasn't scored yet his overall contribution has been superb so far and he's been a major factor in our recent form. Eastleigh are very kind/naïve to let their promotion rivals have key players on loan for the run-in.

Then again, are we that surprised when their manager is that clown Richard Hill? I've always liked the look of Fleetwood. I believe we were interested in him before he went to Eastleigh in the Conference South when the money started getting pumped in.

Clarkey_GTFC

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@daveclarkeutm
Hard for me to say having seen us only a couple of times this season but I think I can pretty much make out who's good and who's not.

James McKeown is our only player still in contract beyond this season, thank god.

Defenders:
Shaun Pearson:
Does a 4 man job most of the time. Must keep.
Toto N'Siala: Seems alright, technically good but prone to mistakes. Keep.
Carl Magnay: Our signing of the season by some margin. Must keep.
Paul Bignot: Crap. Should've got rid last season.
Gregor Roberston: Not seen him, can't comment. Undecided.
Chris Doig: He's assistant manager now who covers at centre half when needed. If we go up I assume he'll stay with Hurst. If not, rid.

Midfielders:
Craig Disley:
Hope he retires with us, becomes manager and takes us to the premier league. Love the guy. Keep.
Craig Clay: Eh, nothing special. Leaning towards get rid.
Scott Brown: Always seemed decent, no reason for us to let him go lightly imo. Keep.
Paddy McLaughin: Well I always thought he was alright, assume we'll get rid but I think he's got a lot to offer that we're not seeing.
Jack Mackreth: Not been amazing but not been utter garbage either. Again think he's got a lot more to offer. Keep.

Forwards:
Lenell John-Lewis:
If Hurst is still in charge, get rid because the obsession is downright unhealthy. Another manager might be able to get the best out of him without all the brown nosing. He is a great player but he is simply not what we need to be our number 1 striker.
Jon-Paul Pittman: I think he's alright, if he could stay fit for an entire season to give him the chance to keep up some momentum then he'd be slightly better than alright. I wouldn't mind him as competition, but overall undecided.
Ross Hannah: Been bang average since he signed for us permanently. Get rid.
Christian Jolley: God knows, as predicted he's not set the world alight just yet. Bit early to say, so undecided.
Hamish Watson: Never heard of the lad.

Loans:
Danny Parslow:
Good cover across the back four, can even play in a defensive midfield role. The versatility is very nice but technically he's getting on and doesn't seem very good. I'd leave him at York.
Nathan Arnold: Arguably been our best winger this season, I wouldn't mind signing him up permanently.
Ollie Palmer: Been good when he's played but we know what happens when a striker does well on a short term loan and then signs permanently. Should he score the goal to send us up I'd reward with him a statue outside BP.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Then again, are we that surprised when their manager is that clown Richard Hill? I've always liked the look of Fleetwood. I believe we were interested in him before he went to Eastleigh in the Conference South when the money started getting pumped in.

Probably shouldn't be, but even a clown like Hockaday who must surely be worse then Richard Hill knew not to hand out key players to rivals, even if he should have used those players better.

Fleets is quality, for me he's definitely at his best through the middle rather then out wide, where he was primarily used at both Luton and Eastleigh, and he seems to be relishing playing there for us.

Red-Hybrid

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Goalkeepers
Coughlin - Keep

Defenders
Ross White - Contracted
Tommassen - Contracted
Manny Smith - Keep
Hudson - Contracted - happy to keep, decent lad still young early 20's
Waterfall - Contracted - seemed alright so far, commanding in air and vocal
Ashton - Release - He's declining left back and part of a bad influence within the dressing room
Stephens - Release - A young player who just isn't good enough.

Midfield
Carrington - Contracted - Alright cover, not been as good this season, be undecided if out of contract
Harris - Unsure - He's not the same player that he was a couple of years.
Keates - Complete professional, but unclear if can last a full season again.
Clarke - Release
Durrell - Unsure - Showed some form early in the season, but has disappeared since then.
Rob Evans - Keep
Finley - Unsure - Making the jump from the Welsh leagues to the English. He might need more time to settle.
Storer - Keep - An excellent defensive midfielder. No messing around here.
Bailey-Jones - Unsure - A pacey winger, but unsure if he can develop a more ruthless streak.
Royle - Release
York - Contracted

Forwards
Moult - Contracted
Jennings - Release - He's supposed to a bloody striker.
Bishop - Release - Too expensive and hasn't been good enough in both of his seasons.
Rushton - Release - Showed some ability, but several managers now don't believe him so he might as well move on.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Under Contract
Reece Styche - 2016
Craig Reid - 2016

Goalkeepers
Danny Lewis - Get Rid Been a great keeper the last few years but this season has been a bit suspect
Jas Singh -
Undecided Hasn't been given many games so hard to tell if he could cut it

Defenders

Jared Hodgkiss - Keep He's been a brilliant replacement for Lee Vaughan, easily our best signing but can see him moving on
Josh Gowling -
Keep Very experienced and a solid defender week in week out, hopefully we can keep him so he can continue his coaching qualification here
Jamie Grimes -
Undecided Can be amazing one week and have a shocker the next but he's still young and has potential
Jordan Tunnicliffe -
Keep Was a very good young replacement for Gowling when he was injured against some tough strikers like Parkin and Hughes, shows some good potential
Kevin Nicholson -
Undecided Been a good signing this season but he isn't getting younger
Jake Green -
Keep Shown some good potential when played in various different positions and could do a job at this level
Tyrone Williams -
Keep Still young and will probably be used next season with the reduced budget

Midfielders

Jack Byrne - Undecided He'll have one good game in 3 but does pop up with goals and has started to play well now that Storer has gone
Aman Verma -
Keep Very composed player who has a good shot on him
Callum Gittings -
Undecided Was amazing last season but has suffered with a lot of injuries this season which has hampered his performances
Josh O'keefe -
Get Rid Any takers?
Kennedy Digie and Luke Maxwell Unsure how long their contracts are from when they were promoted from the academy in December
Ahmed Obeng - Undecided Shown potential but doesn't seem to be in Whild's plans
Keyon Reffell -
Keep Good potential and can hopefully push on next season

Strikers

Lee Hughes - Keep Depending on whether he retires or not he can still perform at this level and score goals
Danny Wright -
Get Rid In the games since he joined he hasn't impressed
Akwasi Asante -
Undecided Hasn't performed on the pitch but still has changed games when he's been subbed on
Jamie Spencer -
Keep Hasn't been given loads of opportunities but has shown he can perform at this level when he has
Reece Hales -
Keep Still young and could maybe do a job at this level
Gary Whild has said that Jared Hodgkiss, Jack Byrne and Aman Verma have triggered appearance clauses this season and will be offered new deals for the 2015-16 campaign.

Very happy with this. Hodgkiss is very key for us. Verna has had a good reason and Byrne has improved towards the end of the season

Last edited:

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Goalkeepers
Coughlin - Keep ( would have said release at the start of the year. Would want an experienced goalie to come in too)

Defenders
Ross White - Contracted
Tommassen - Contracted
Manny Smith - Keep
Hudson - Contracted
Waterfall - Contracted
Ashton - Release
Stephens - Release

Midfield
Carrington - Contracted
Harris - Release
Keates - Release
Clarke - Release
Durrell - Release
Rob Evans - Keep
Finley - short term deal
Storer - unsure
Bailey-Jones - release
Royle - Release
York - Contracted

Forwards
Moult - Contracted
Jennings - Release
Bishop - Release
Rushton - Release

Wilkin was not ruthless enough and i think it was his first mistake. Some of the loyalty he showed was not repaid. I would hope that we do not make the same mistake again.

Harris and Ashton will clearly go and have a couple of decent seasons elsewhere ( Chester probably!) and we may be tempted to ask 'why did we release', but its a Klopp situation. The personnel in question are obviously good enough, but its long gone stale and a mutual 'conscious uncoupling' would be beneficial for all involved imo.

As good as Jennings has looked on times im wagering that he is not value for money. Bishop will be one of the highest earners and whilst having improved this season, its still not enough for our needs.

ShrewdBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Goalkeepers
Coughlin - Keep ( would have said release at the start of the year. Would want an experienced goalie to come in too)

Defenders
Ross White - Contracted
Tommassen - Contracted
Manny Smith - Keep
Hudson - Contracted
Waterfall - Contracted
Ashton - Release
Stephens - Release

Midfield
Carrington - Contracted
Harris - Release
Keates - Release
Clarke - Release
Durrell - Release
Rob Evans - Keep
Finley - short term deal
Storer - unsure
Bailey-Jones - release
Royle - Release
York - Contracted

Forwards
Moult - Contracted
Jennings - Release
Bishop - Release
Rushton - Release

Wilkin was not ruthless enough and i think it was his first mistake. Some of the loyalty he showed was not repaid. I would hope that we do not make the same mistake again.

Harris and Ashton will clearly go and have a couple of decent seasons elsewhere ( Chester probably!) and we may be tempted to ask 'why did we release', but its a Klopp situation. The personnel in question are obviously good enough, but its long gone stale and a mutual 'conscious uncoupling' would be beneficial for all involved imo.

As good as Jennings has looked on times im wagering that he is not value for money. Bishop will be one of the highest earners and whilst having improved this season, its still not enough for our needs.

Can't see Ashton coming back. He's a snidey little prick and everyone here hates him. Not sure what the general feelings towards Jay Harris return would be.

If we were going to take anyone from you, I'd rather it was Durrell.

Padge

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Can't see Ashton coming back. He's a snidey little prick and everyone here hates him. Not sure what the general feelings towards Jay Harris return would be.

If we were going to take anyone from you, I'd rather it was Durrell.

I could see that as well. Maybe Anthony Stephens too, i think you guys were in for him last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!