Last matches B4 Xmas: Sat 19th & Tue 22nd December

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So this Masi character is an erm, interesting guy I see.

On a Viking Magpie level of boring.
A bit like your football team......shut the door on the way out of the league marra

Pablosammy

Soowhyarmy
Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere
Nothing changed....your teams tin pot,shite and for some reason you muppets have tried to have Bolton as your rivals.......you dont mean nothing to us, your not local. We hardly ever played you because you have always been in the lower leagues...your irrelevant

You have only started playing on a Saturday in the last ten years because if you played on a Saturday all your loyal fans would go watching Liverpool or Everton
You must be young, otherwise you'd understand the rivalry a bit better. It goes back over 30 years, and there have been plenty of reasons for both sides to have a bit of needle with the other. I recently read a lengthy, well written article from a Bolton perspective talking about it, so it's not as one sided as you make out.

Back in the DHSS

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
You must be young, otherwise you'd understand the rivalry a bit better. It goes back over 30 years, and there have been plenty of reasons for both sides to have a bit of needle with the other. I recently read a lengthy, well written article from a Bolton perspective talking about it, so it's not as one sided as you make out.

True.The Bolton forums are full of vitriol towards us. Deep wounds it seems.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Not at all,as stated with DHSS i have no problem with you or your supporters. Rob Shepherd is another matter.
30 years you say since the days of Aldridge who celebrated the fact that they stopped us getting both the 100 points and 100 goals double.. He never celebrated winning any of his Major Trophies with Liverpool like he did that day.
You say the rivalry is 30 years old, we have hardly played you in that time.
Bolton fans simply dont like Tranmere because of Aldridge,but you have never been or ever will be Rivals.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
True.The Bolton forums are full of vitriol towards us. Deep wounds it seems.
Manchester United
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bury.......Scrap that
Burnley
Stoke
They are who i class as Rivals

Wigan
Tranmere
Stockport
Port Vale
A lot of bullshit when we play each other but never rivals

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
When Bolton made it 6-2 I text my mate saying here we go! Then they got the 3rd which was a school boy goal to concede and then they had one disallowed and one hit the bar... it was only when we got to the 92nd minute I thought we’ve won this!

That in itself was lack of concentration and foot of the gas, all our Walsall’s goals came in 2 five minute spells of just sheer switching off. The forth was a joke as their last had done the same thing for the second and no one followed him this time.

We aren’t being undone by quality but by ourselves most weeks and that’s the most unacceptable aspect. How we’ve lost that when in reality we should of won comfortably is beyond me. I had their commentary on at the start of the second half and they weren’t happy with their subs and felt we’d win comfortably once we’d seen out the first 15 of the half which they expected us to do so.

First half we defended fairly well but I don’t know what is going on mentality especially with the last ten minute issue (read something like over a quarter of the goals we’ve conceded are last ten?

Is it a fitness issue? Second half we’ve conceded hat fulls but have a very good first half record at the back? I get 20 league goals conceded 2nd half 7 first?

Need to get to the bottom of it fast.

Rumours abound on OVF of issues behind the scenes too aren’t helping and if true need sorting!
Hi mate. Crewe fan here, all the way from league one, lolz.

I was wondering if you could explain to me why Port Vale are doing so badly? Like, you drew Man City in the FA cup last year and scored a goal, and you put seats in your half filled main stand, you got new owners and they created the new Port Vale slogan of Want. Need. Expect. (printed on the bottom of the back of this seasons kit). Like it just seems weird to me that you’re really close to the relegation zone when you all said you were winning the league in the summer, but we’re in the division above you and we have more points and we’re on the brink of the promotion places and you also have the best keeper ever and the incredible geniuses of Worrall and Joyce (nearly fucking jizzed typing their names, unbelievable players)? Just really confusing to understand this shit. Is it because of the bad referees? They don’t seem very fair to Port Vale (a football club in Stoke, apparently), from what I’ve read the referees intentionally single out Port Vale. Anyway hope you pick up soon, maybe you should sack your manager, a massive club like yours could get any manager and you’ve got a fantastic academy to rely on.

P.s. maybe just continue signing murderers and Crewe rejects.
Fuck the Vale hahahahhah what a shit club. You are soooo fucking shit hahahhahahaha we are laughing.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Not at all,as stated with DHSS i have no problem with you or your supporters. Rob Shepherd is another matter.
30 years you say since the days of Aldridge who celebrated the fact that they stopped us getting both the 100 points and 100 goals double.. He never celebrated winning any of his Major Trophies with Liverpool like he did that day.
You say the rivalry is 30 years old, we have hardly played you in that time.
Bolton fans simply dont like Tranmere because of Aldridge,but you have never been or ever will be Rivals.
I could give you plenty of incidences going back long before John Aldridge signed for us of Bolton fans acting like scummy little animals. It all started in the 80s and way before the play off final. Probably some sad attempt at creating a rivalry with Merseyside because the big clubs didn't notice you. It wasnt our fans at Wembley behaving like thugs, it was yours. I would be surprised if any club in this division or higher with any long history of league football hasnt had some experience of the way your fans act at away games. We might have had our element in the past but guess what. They grew the fuck up. If it wasnt for this virus your fans would still be acting like it was the past at away games. I will happily admit to hating your vile club and its vile supporters. You can say its a small element but its more than it should be. Our club let the hooligans know they were not wanted and it has enhanced the clubs reputation. Unlike Millwall Nobody likes you and you DO care. Change your attitude and maybe there wouldnt be so much joy at your demise.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Nope.......your just a P...k
In your head. Plenty of space in here if anybody wants to join me. Only 5 though but social distancing is easy. Its vast and mostly empty.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds

I was wondering if you could explain to me why Port Vale are doing so badly? Like, you drew Man City in the FA cup last year and scored a goal, and you put seats in your half filled main stand, you got new owners and they created the new Port Vale slogan of Want. Need. Expect. (printed on the bottom of the back of this seasons kit). Like it just seems weird to me that you’re really close to the relegation zone when you all said you were winning the league in the summer, but we’re in the division above you and we have more points and we’re on the brink of the promotion places and you also have the best keeper ever and the incredible geniuses of Worrall and Joyce (nearly fucking jizzed typing their names, unbelievable players)? Just really confusing to understand this shit. Is it because of the bad referees? They don’t seem very fair to Port Vale (a football club in Stoke, apparently), from what I’ve read the referees intentionally single out Port Vale. Anyway hope you pick up soon, maybe you should sack your manager, a massive club like yours could get any manager and you’ve got a fantastic academy to rely on.

Fuck the Vale hahahahhah what a shit club. You are soooo fucking shit hahahhahahaha we are laughing.

Did something happen to you as a kid?

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I could give you plenty of incidences going back long before John Aldridge signed for us of Bolton fans acting like scummy little animals. It all started in the 80s and way before the play off final. Probably some sad attempt at creating a rivalry with Merseyside because the big clubs didn't notice you. It wasnt our fans at Wembley behaving like thugs, it was yours. I would be surprised if any club in this division or higher with any long history of league football hasnt had some experience of the way your fans act at away games. We might have had our element in the past but guess what. They grew the fuck up. If it wasnt for this virus your fans would still be acting like it was the past at away games. I will happily admit to hating your vile club and its vile supporters. You can say its a small element but its more than it should be. Our club let the hooligans know they were not wanted and it has enhanced the clubs reputation. Unlike Millwall Nobody likes you and you DO care. Change your attitude and maybe there wouldnt be so much joy at your demise.
Now we have finally hit the nail on the head. You hate anything to do with Bolton, the town or its fans.
So you thought you could spew your vile shite at me and you would not get a reaction, or maybe you wanted one.
Either way i dont really give 2 flying fu..s about you and your thoughts.
Never had any issues with Tranmere fans bar you, some here put a reasonable view across. I go/went to the football to watch the game.
Anyway i will let you get on with your life here not bothered either way if you want to carry on your attacks on me and my club
Have a good day

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
In your head. Plenty of space in here if anybody wants to join me. Only 5 though but social distancing is easy. Its vast and mostly empty.
You are a very sad individual

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
So this Masi character is an erm, interesting guy I see.

On a Viking Magpie level of boring.
8000 posts but nothing this season.............bet your glad to be out !

FGR Stroud

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers FC
Stats for match on Tuesday

1608534501950.png

Both club stats are almost identical with just two points separating their league positions.
Despite Grimsby being higher in table and playing at home the professional pundits forecast an away win !!!!!!
As does Bet365 odds !!
I don't think Grimsby will lose so forecast a drawn game.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Stats for match on Tuesday

View attachment 13551

Both club stats are almost identical with just two points separating their league positions.
Despite Grimsby being higher in table and playing at home the professional pundits forecast an away win !!!!!!
As does Bet365 odds !!
I don't think Grimsby will lose so forecast a drawn game.
Draw written all over it.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

There’s are valid questions certainly.

The main issue is taking chances and defensive lapses, I would put it largely down to mental issues too, last season we threw away over 25 points from winning positions and haven’t dealt with that issue. Can’t find the balance, football wise we are probably playing some of the best we’ve played in years but struggling in both boxes and from that point until that’s sorted results won’t improve, we’ve mainly sorted the scoring problems (all be it missing loads still!) so time to make changes at the back in an attempt to sort that.

Pleasing the stand has seats in, unfortunately can’t use it so doesn’t hold any advantage but hopefully get people in when we host a global megastar in the summer (covid permitting).

As with most fans the WNE isn’t sitting well, but also allows us to ask the questions if these are the goals of the club why is Askey not held to account. It did built positivity though and made huge sales for the club at a much needed time so method in the madness maybe.

In terms of Brown, he’s struggling a bit, I’d like Visser to have a go as he has looked excellent in recent cup games and commands his box, the one thing Brown isn’t great at.

Worrall is still excellent, but injured. He has the most assists in the EFL and has scored 3 goals I think. Not sure the point?

Joycey is doing ok, most home defeats still are when he is missing as was the bulk of the losing run. Made a stupid tackle identical to the Tranmere one early on Saturday though so needs to sort himself out.

Thankfully we are not that close to the drop (yet) nearly 50% closer to the play offs than the drop (6 points v 11) and if we beat Barrow we will only be a point worse off than the same stage last season.

Can’t fault the referees we’ve had lately, one on Saturday was good, one on Tuesday I thought was excellent no surprise they are more experienced ones than some of the ones newly promoted who’ve seemed out their depth but we know this is part of the VAR system taking experienced ones for that in the top flight.

Our academy is being worked on with the likes of Frank Sinclair coming in, it has given us some success in recent years, Smith, Gibbons, a couple of players who’ve gone onto play in world cups (Morsy and Birchall) but hasn’t been a key focus of our club, we’ve not the patience admittedly and fans want success (not that we’ve had much).

Good to see a small club doing well, maybe you’ll emulate clubs like Wycombe, Burton and Yeovil and push on, we had a couple of decent seasons in L1 in the mid 10’s and a top half finish is achievable, we managed it with a strike force of AJ Leitch-Smith and JJ Hooper... crazy right!

Don’t recall us ever signing a murderer? (Unless you mean Leon Legge but that was just an accusation from Mr Artell)

We signed Lee Hughes who got some stick, it was quite controversial and split the fan base at the time a bit and we did on our forums discuss it and confront the idea and if it was the right or wrong thing to do, no “head burying in the sands”. He turned out alright for us had done his time and in fairness did a lot of work charity wise, doesn’t ever repay his mistake and not all were comfortable with it but not sure what that’s got to do with our current form? I guess we can’t all be squeaky clean though.

Glad your getting much Xmas cheer, have a good Christmas and New Year!

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
8000 posts but nothing this season.............bet your glad to be out !
You don't do personal attacks. What can we imply from this remark. Where has he been?

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Now we have finally hit the nail on the head. You hate anything to do with Bolton, the town or its fans.
So you thought you could spew your vile shite at me and you would not get a reaction, or maybe you wanted one.
Either way i dont really give 2 flying fu..s about you and your thoughts.
Never had any issues with Tranmere fans bar you, some here put a reasonable view across. I go/went to the football to watch the game.
Anyway i will let you get on with your life here not bothered either way if you want to carry on your attacks on me and my club
Have a good day
I will continue until you stop acting in the manner that you continually accuse everybody else of behaving.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
I don’t think all blame can be put on Askey but when you look at it, we couldn’t score but we was solid, now we can score but concede ridiculous amounts. The ability is clearly there to defend (as early season shows) and we can clearly score (current form shows). We need to be finding a system that works to cater both at a more normal level. We’re at the wrong end of too many thrillers this season! At what point as fans can we feel like the games “comfortable”? I’m starting to get the impression that we go 2-0 up and everyone’s scratching their head because they didn’t plan for this so the game plan goes to shit and they don’t know what to do. Don’t get me wrong, the back four need to give their heads a wobble after today but I’m sick of seeing opposition fans saying we look a good side and results will come because frankly it’s the same shit different week at the minute

Just ran through the results in the league since the bad run started. We've scored 17 and conceded 20. Out of 17 goals scored we've managed 5 points compared to the 20 earned by opposing teams.

Out of the 17 goals we've scored in single games: 6, 3, 3, 2 and out of those we won once and lost 3. It's unacceptable to have to be needing to score 4 goals turn losses into draws, and 5 goals to win games. Nevermind the 3 goals where we scored 1. Imagine a world where you could score 1 goal and win a game? Seems like fantasy land for us at the moment.

The stars aligned at Bolton, the following 3 games have proven that we cannot keep clean sheets, and really speaking, we struggle to limit the opposition to 1 goal more often than not.

I hate the cliche of managers losing the dressing room but i do think that the buck stops with askey on this one. if your CBs/Full backs aren't doing what you ask them to, drop them. if you run out of players on the bench then change your formation. If things aren't going well on the pitch, use your sub bench. If he hasn't got some loanees lined up then I can't really defend him.

The problems are glaringly obvious, he managed to sort the goalscoring issues out but at a great cost defensively. it's down to askey to find a medium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!