Stickied League 1 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I'd imagine there is some sort of pay-off involved with that one.
Not a chance of a pay-off. Maybe the fact he has been offered a 3 year deal though i would be amazed if it was as lucrative as his present deal swung it for him.
He is a Dublin lad and that would also have swayed him away............Good luck to him

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Lewis Wing will be going back to Boro.

That doesn’t surprise me, Wilder will want to have a look at him and to put it kindly, he’s been fucking garbage.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Paperwork on a new signing going through for tomorrow apparently, however I have no idea who it might be.

Marked Ox

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United

That doesn’t surprise me, Wilder will want to have a look at him and to put it kindly, he’s been fucking garbage.

Where are all your Centre backs and are you expecting the club to look to sign new ones?

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United

He was outstanding for us last season and Warne wanted him to come back but we don't pay £10 grand a week.
He obviously thought Wednesday were a better prospect for promotion than us anyway, judging by his comments at the time.

It's hard to understand why he has been so poor, but reading their forum it seemed Boro fans were always divided on him.
Maybe it was a purple patch with us or maybe Moore hasn't quite worked out how to use him.

Warne has said there will be no incomings unless we sell someone, but I wouldn't want him back now anyway because we signed Olllie Rathbone, who is a far better player.

Wilder might get a tune out of him, he has a habit of getting more from less.

Tea Towel

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Where are all your Centre backs and are you expecting the club to look to sign new ones?

They are literally all injured which makes it all the more baffling Moore has persisted with 3 at the back. We only started the season with 4, one being Sam Hutchinson who has never been able to stay fit. Dunkley also went off in the first half last night. Lewis Gibson I assume will go back to Everton which will free up a loan space to get one in.

He was outstanding for us last season and Warne wanted him to come back but we don't pay £10 grand a week.
He obviously thought Wednesday were a better prospect for promotion than us anyway, judging by his comments at the time.

It's hard to understand why he has been so poor, but reading their forum it seemed Boro fans were always divided on him.
Maybe it was a purple patch with us or maybe Moore hasn't quite worked out how to use him.

Warne has said there will be no incomings unless we sell someone, but I wouldn't want him back now anyway because we signed Olllie Rathbone, who is a far better player.

Wilder might get a tune out of him, he has a habit of getting more from less.

I think the main reason most of us were so excited by the Wing signing is the reaction from a lot of your fans. I genuinely can’t think of one game this season when I’ve thought “Wing played well”. I have been reading some of the Boro fans comments too, one said how he’d give a 3/10 most weeks with the odd 8/10 thrown in but we only ever seemed to get the 3’s.

Millerbri

Reaction score
Supports
Rotherham United
They are literally all injured which makes it all the more baffling Moore has persisted with 3 at the back. We only started the season with 4, one being Sam Hutchinson who has never been able to stay fit. Dunkley also went off in the first half last night. Lewis Gibson I assume will go back to Everton which will free up a loan space to get one in.

I think the main reason most of us were so excited by the Wing signing is the reaction from a lot of your fans. I genuinely can’t think of one game this season when I’ve thought “Wing played well”. I have been reading some of the Boro fans comments too, one said how he’d give a 3/10 most weeks with the odd 8/10 thrown in but we only ever seemed to get the 3’s.

Apparently Wilder isn't recalling him now because Boro have been able to postpone their game at the Blades.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Watters going back to Cardiff, they have recalled him. That's a blow to us but we still have decent strikers so unless we get injury problems we should manage OK.

Dinmiru

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
I remember when Sarc left there were rumours going around that Doyle wanted out. Do you think this has been festering since, and this is the upshot? And as a result of two unhappy people leaving that the team is now settled, or is there still unhappiness?
Well it's no secret Doyle & Sarce became close in the short time they played together for us seeing as they was the two marquee signings in L2 both coming with big reputations aswell as multiple promotions out of the league we were in at the time. Saying that Doyler goes way back with Evatt since their Chesterfield days when Evatt was captain & Doyle was in his prime. Pretty sure Evatts wife & Doyler's wife are very close too so hard to see Doyler throwing a paddy. Nobody really knows what happened but Doyler has been very professional from the day he joined & it didn't change after Sarce left. He didn't have a pre season due to having covid which hasn't helped him playing catch up & he's been under firing massively in front of goal to say the least. Probably just comes down to he's done what he came to do which is get us up, if 3 years is on the table back home for a fairytale ending then it all makes sense & he'll probably bag for fun over there. Dion Charles also waiting in the wings to become our main striker meaning Doyle's minutes would be reduced, we're definitely lacking leaders though with them two left/leaving. We had an unreal January last season though in terms of recruitment so it's just about trusting Evatt & the process.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Well it's no secret Doyle & Sarce became close in the short time they played together for us seeing as they was the two marquee signings in L2 both coming with big reputations aswell as multiple promotions out of the league we were in at the time. Saying that Doyler goes way back with Evatt since their Chesterfield days when Evatt was captain & Doyle was in his prime. Pretty sure Evatts wife & Doyler's wife are very close too so hard to see Doyler throwing a paddy. Nobody really knows what happened but Doyler has been very professional from the day he joined & it didn't change after Sarce left. He didn't have a pre season due to having covid which hasn't helped him playing catch up & he's been under firing massively in front of goal to say the least. Probably just comes down to he's done what he came to do which is get us up, if 3 years is on the table back home for a fairytale ending then it all makes sense & he'll probably bag for fun over there. Dion Charles also waiting in the wings to become our main striker meaning Doyle's minutes would be reduced, we're definitely lacking leaders though with them two left/leaving. We had an unreal January last season though in terms of recruitment so it's just about trusting Evatt & the process.
About sums my thoughts up !!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Dions a Wanderer.............Confirmed 3 1/2 year deal. Undisclosed 6 figure fee

LancashireTrotters

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Doyle isn’t good enough now at this level. Makes sense to get rid, free up his wages and invest in another forward who can perform in L1.

Charles is an excellent signing, another striker will do nicely now.

Elsewhere, we’re bringing in full back Marlon Fossey from Fulham. Another position we need much needed improvement.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
A few twitter pages linking Mandron to Wigan this month. Hes out of contract in the summer.

He was brilliant last season but really hasnt hit them heights this year. Infact he's played 2nd fiddle to 37 year old Chris Porter most of the time.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Morgan Whittaker, finally, joins on loan. Bit of a weird year or so for him, Swansea bought him for £700k a year ago under Steve Cooper but Russell Martin doesn't seem to fancy him despite fans thinking he's worth a go in their side.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
Morgan Whittaker, finally, joins on loan. Bit of a weird year or so for him, Swansea bought him for £700k a year ago under Steve Cooper but Russell Martin doesn't seem to fancy him despite fans thinking he's worth a go in their side.
It sounds like half of your team now is filled with people that Russell Martin doesn’t fancy.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
It sounds like half of your team now is filled with people that Russell Martin doesn’t fancy.
If he had the McGrandles of this season, then I can understand why he let him leave, although I'm inclined to give him some leeway because it's been a right patch up first half of the season for us. Walsh, as you lot said, spends 50% of his time injured, which is a huge shame because a fully fit Walsh is a Championship defender IMO, he's absolute Rolls-Royce at L1 level.

Poole has been generally solid if unspectacular. I think there's more to come because whoever has been playing in front of him has been generally poor.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
If he had the McGrandles of this season, then I can understand why he let him leave, although I'm inclined to give him some leeway because it's been a right patch up first half of the season for us. Walsh, as you lot said, spends 50% of his time injured, which is a huge shame because a fully fit Walsh is a Championship defender IMO, he's absolute Rolls-Royce at L1 level.

Poole has been generally solid if unspectacular. I think there's more to come because whoever has been playing in front of him has been generally poor.
Fully agree with all of that bar McGrandles from memory, with him he was genuinely excellent but left completely out of the blue when I thought he was going on to be a key player, which just makes me feel like Russ didn’t fancy him long term as well as us needing the money.

Dinmiru

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Surprised if we're not in for Crowley who's confirmed out the door at Cheltenham, we desperately needed to replace Sarce to begin with but Sheehan doing his ACL has made us even more desperate in need of a playmaker. Today we played with a midfield consisting of a striker Delfouneso playing as a box to box midfielder along with Johnston who's a centre back playing alongside him in the middle of the park, need bodies in quick

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Surprised if we're not in for Crowley who's confirmed out the door at Cheltenham, we desperately needed to replace Sarce to begin with but Sheehan doing his ACL has made us even more desperate in need of a playmaker. Today we played with a midfield consisting of a striker Delfouneso playing as a box to box midfielder along with Johnston who's a centre back playing alongside him in the middle of the park, need bodies in quick
Got bodies in......Darcy,Charles,Amaechi and maybe Jones and Tutte will give us more options.
I expect Evatt will have brought a minimum 2/3 players when we next play against Hartlepool in the pie and peas trophy

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
As good as he is on the ball, and he is bloody class with it at his feet, there is no end product there. He holds onto it for too long and never shoots when in good positions.

I think our fans' responses to him not signing a new deal tell you all you need to know about him. We're much happier with Callum Wright being back.

gary

Reaction score
Supports
afc wimbledon
Looks like we may be trying to repeat last seasons January transfer window
Looks like Charles is wrapped up and in for Hartigan Wimbledon,Sadlier Rotherham and a attacking midfielder unnamed on loan as well as extending Amaechi loan from Hamburg who is now fully fit
I can't really see Hartigan leaving us in January to be honest.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Fully agree with all of that bar McGrandles from memory, with him he was genuinely excellent but left completely out of the blue when I thought he was going on to be a key player, which just makes me feel like Russ didn’t fancy him long term as well as us needing the money.
He's today been linked with Championship Clubs, Hibs and Aberdeen but the article comes across as a bit of agent talk given that he's out of contract in the summer.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Looks like we're in the same old situation where we can't bring anyone in until one or more of our high wage earners depart (e.g. John Marquis, Ellis Harrison, Paul Downing, Michael Jacobs). All four have been told that they won't be offered a new contract in the summer.

Shrewsbury's interest in Harrison ended when they signed Bristol City's Janneh on loan on Saturday. Donny are supposedly interested in bringing Marquis back to try to stave off relegation. Personally, I'd like to keep Jacobs but the Cowleys don't share that opinion. It's unlikely that anyone will come close to offering Downing similar wages than he's on, so will probably be just released in the summer or paid off somehow.

We're still interested in Cheltenham's Will Boyle and an as-yet unnamed striker.

Loan-wise, we've cleared one spot by returning Gassan Ahadme to Norwich. Had an amazing pre-season for us, scoring goals for fun. Turned out he was a rabbit in the headlights as soon as the real footy started. The other loanees should hopefully be retained - Mahlon Romeo and Gavin Bazunu (both excellent), George Hirst (eventually came good) and Miguel Azeez (starting to get more involved).

Last edited:

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Looks like we're in the same old situation where we can't bring anyone in until one or more of our high wage earners depart (e.g. John Marquis, Ellis Harrison, Paul Downing, Michael Jacobs). All four have been told that they won't be offered a new contract in the summer.

Shrewsbury's interest in Harrison ended when they signed Bristol City's Janneh on loan on Saturday. Donny are supposedly interested in bringing Marquis back to try to stave off relegation. Personally, I'd like to keep Jacobs but the Cowleys don't share that opinion. It's unlikely that anyone will come close to offering Downing similar wages than he's on, so will probably be just released in the summer or paid off somehow.

We're still interested in Cheltenham's Will Boyle and an as-yet unnamed striker.

Loan-wise, we've cleared one spot by returning Gassan Ahadme to Norwich. Had an amazing pre-season for us, scoring goals for fun. Turned out he was a rabbit in the headlights as soon as the real footy started. The other loanees should hopefully be retained - Mahlon Romeo and Gavin Bazunu (both excellent), George Hirst (eventually came good) and Miguel Azeez (starting to get more involved).
Both Downing and Marquis’ wages are beyond what we can offer so unless you are prepared to supplement some of them they won’t be coming to us.

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
Both Downing and Marquis’ wages are beyond what we can offer so unless you are prepared to supplement some of them they won’t be coming to us.
Well, I don't think I'm in a position to contribute personally, but there are chances that the club might be. I'm pretty sure that there have been several conversations of that ilk.

I can understand wanting Marquis, but Downing? Regularly injured and has the turning circle of the Titanic these days. Desperate times I guess.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

I wonder if Ellis will return to Rovers ?

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Well, I don't think I'm in a position to contribute personally, but there are chances that the club might be. I'm pretty sure that there have been several conversations of that ilk.

I can understand wanting Marquis, but Downing? Regularly injured and has the turning circle of the Titanic these days. Desperate times I guess.
It’s leadership at the back that we are lacking someone to organise the defence, we have pacey players just no one to tell them where to be

K-Win

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
It’s leadership at the back that we are lacking someone to organise the defence, we have pacey players just no one to tell them where to be
Downing might fit the bill then, if there are quick defenders around him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NorfolkIan
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV