League 2 fixtures 12/11/2022

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Whilst we should be confident either way, that's certainly a big plus for us then.

Should be cracking atmosphere next week, how many Cobblers are expected to travel up?

Yeah looked really good yesterday too so will be a big miss.

I don’t expect too many to travel to be honest, 5-600. My group of 15 aren’t going as would have to go on the supporters coach as the train is a right bitch.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Fair play Donny, sounds like you outfought and bullied us. Surprised as not many teams have had success doing that, but I think we're open to that when we start without Green in the middle though. Perhaps Hurst read DVR's post about them being piss weak and decided to risk it. :lol: On the plus side, like Lew says, we've got McAtee BackAtee and he's bagged one already. Our season has been very up and down but to be solidly midtable without our best player by an absolute mile is fairly decent going. Whether or not we have the players to compliment and bring the best out of him, we'll find out in the coming months. It's a shame that Ryan Taylor is now out for three months as, regardless of what sone Town fans think about him, the pair have a great partnership.

Yeah, I think you're right that's a little bit rich for Stockport's blood. I do think they'll blow most teams out the water for a player that is up for grabs at this level though. You don't take Sarcevic from Bolton when you're non-league by throwing peanuts around.
Totally agree about their ability to attract players but Miller is very happy with us, scoring and being made to feel he is part of something, ig would take a ridiculous offer by a team in the championship to get him.
In respect to yesterday I think I’m more perplexed and amazed by our performance than Hirst as I’ve not seen the like for over 2 years

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Draw a fair result between 2 meh sides. That Simeu is a dirty little fucker, though.
Meh??? Not sure what you are expecting from two Division 4 teams. It was a good game between two reasonably decent teams. Perhaps that didn't come across on IFollow?

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I went yesterday. First 20 minutes we were all over the shop, I guess as the centre back partnership was making its debut and without Williams it took us a while to get organised. Tranmere came out the traps fastest and scored a decent goal. They seemed very organised and the midfield packed so our out ball was to Hutton on the right who put in a terrific ball for Wakeling to equalise.

Second half we dominated without looking dangerous. (bit of a story to our season so far really) Wakeling had a superbly taken goal disallowed for offside, Reed a free kick well saved and a corner cleared off the line(ish) near the end but we didn't quite do enough to warrant the 3 in my eyes. In fact Tranmere could have stolen it with a breakaway which they made a bit of a mess of. I thought Turnbull's red was correct, it looked more clumsy than malicious and I don't think he argued too much when he was given his marching orders.

Overall I guess a decent point although a little disappointing we didn't take all 3 given our 'dominance' in the second half. Wakeling stood out to me, he looked sharp and worked his socks off, thought he should have stayed on and not Jeff Cott who I wasn't impressed with yesterday. Hutton was good on the right but Tranmere seemed to nullify him second half. Nice to see Reed getting 10 minutes or so.
Fair summation of a very decent game. On the basis that NOBODY wins every home game I though it was a good point which I would have been happy with at the start of the game. Will be disappointed if we dont get all 3 next week at home to Crewe

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Fair summation of a very decent game. On the basis that NOBODY wins every home game I though it was a good point which I would have been happy with at the start of the game. Will be disappointed if we dont get all 3 next week at home to Crewe

Wouldn't argue with anything you've stated there at all DD. Crewe at home we have to be looking at a maximum, doesn't always work like that however but quietly confident.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Totally agree about their ability to attract players but Miller is very happy with us, scoring and being made to feel he is part of something, ig would take a ridiculous offer by a team in the championship to get him.
In respect to yesterday I think I’m more perplexed and amazed by our performance than Hirst as I’ve not seen the like for over 2 years
Yeah I was only gauging your view.

7 figures? Obviously not a chance. Not even half that.

We'll have to look elsewhere.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Meh??? Not sure what you are expecting from two Division 4 teams. It was a good game between two reasonably decent teams. Perhaps that didn't come across on IFollow?
Meh is meh whether you are comparing 2 PL sides or 2 L2 sides. Reasonably decent is a fair call. Meh to me is the performance of a side on a particular day - nothing great, nothing terrible. Meh

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Two average looking sides yesterday would expect both to be mid table this season and not trouble the top 7 neither have the attacking quality needed.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Reflecting a bit on yesterday, think there's a lot of positives. We were very solid with a makeshift backline, thought Euan Murray did very well as the senior defender, Ferguson, Tumilty put in a good shift, even young Brody Paterson battled hard. Killip was having a good game, even threatened to look commanding before he inexplicably lost us the game.

Curle is setting us up in a very rigid, compact shape with lot of men behind the ball and look for quick transitions. We had a very physical front 3, Hamilton is growing on me, wins a lot in the air. Umerah is an obvious starter. Theo Robinson is poor and we should be picking McDonald or Grey over him. We're not playing a great deal of football but I don't think there's much choice except go direct with what we have.

Play like we did yesterday and we will pick up more points. The effort has never not been there but it seems the management are getting through to them and starting to make the most of a limited set of players. He seems to say the right things post match as well. Unpopular opinion but I'm not writing us off just yet.
Agree,I'm a lot more positive after the last 3 games,all tough ones.
It would have been a great point yesterday,if it wasn't for Killips balls up & was probably the only way Stevenage would score.
A bit shit the player hiding in the net,but hay ho,that's fat man Evans team for you.
Tumilty has come on leaps & bounds,Murrey improving every game.
Agree about Hamilton,he looked awful to begin with,now, no way would i leave him out.
Robinson is poor,but fits the system we play.
Anyway,I can actually see us escaping the bottom two,which was,something I couldn't see us doing 2 months ago.

TheDon

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
I went yesterday. First 20 minutes we were all over the shop, I guess as the centre back partnership was making its debut and without Williams it took us a while to get organised. Tranmere came out the traps fastest and scored a decent goal. They seemed very organised and the midfield packed so our out ball was to Hutton on the right who put in a terrific ball for Wakeling to equalise.

Second half we dominated without looking dangerous. (bit of a story to our season so far really) Wakeling had a superbly taken goal disallowed for offside, Reed a free kick well saved and a corner cleared off the line(ish) near the end but we didn't quite do enough to warrant the 3 in my eyes. In fact Tranmere could have stolen it with a breakaway which they made a bit of a mess of. I thought Turnbull's red was correct, it looked more clumsy than malicious and I don't think he argued too much when he was given his marching orders.

Overall I guess a decent point although a little disappointing we didn't take all 3 given our 'dominance' in the second half. Wakeling stood out to me, he looked sharp and worked his socks off, thought he should have stayed on and not Jeff Cott who I wasn't impressed with yesterday. Hutton was good on the right but Tranmere seemed to nullify him second half. Nice to see Reed getting 10 minutes or so.
I was there as well yesterday and agree pretty much with what you say. We were a bit lucky that they didn't finish the chance at the end but their keeper and defence kept us out on a couple of occasions at the death. Afraid I haven't seen much to get excited about with Jeffcot in all the games I've seen him play. Definitely missed Williams who we could have played but good luck to him in the World Cup, except against England of course!

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Not a dig but he’s got 2 1/2 years left on his contract, already in double figures and still young, normally you get a championship club coming in offering 7 figure sums, not sure any fourth tier club would pay that
Fair play Donny, sounds like you outfought and bullied us. Surprised as not many teams have had success doing that, but I think we're open to that when we start without Green in the middle though. Perhaps Hurst read DVR's post about them being piss weak and decided to risk it. :lol: On the plus side, like Lew says, we've got McAtee BackAtee and he's bagged one already. Our season has been very up and down but to be solidly midtable without our best player by an absolute mile is fairly decent going. Whether or not we have the players to compliment and bring the best out of him, we'll find out in the coming months. It's a shame that Ryan Taylor is now out for three months as, regardless of what some Town fans think about him, the pair have a great partnership.

Yeah, I think you're right that's a little bit rich for Stockport's blood. I do think they'll blow most teams out the water for a player that is up for grabs at this level though. You don't take Sarcevic from Bolton when you're non-league by throwing peanuts around.
Sarcevic was a free transfer because he’d fallen out with Evatt and the window was shut and they both wanted a quick divorce.

Off course he’s probably on an absolute wedge but wouldn’t have cost as much as the Madden deal.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Yeah I was only gauging your view.

7 figures? Obviously not a chance. Not even half that.

We'll have to look elsewhere.
I mean no one is paying that and he’d obviously be available for a lot less if a team was interested.

The guy was available on a free in the summer, no matter how good he’s been in the last 20 games you don’t become a million pound player after scoring nine goals in four months.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Saturday was a much needed victory although the performance was still underwhelming, we lack any pace or creativity at the minute and desperately need Oates and Macca back.

We had loads of the ball and kept it off Rochdale with ease but just had no ideas what to do with it, thankfully we managed to get a goal and it was still a deserved victory.

Thought the first 10-15 we looked fairly lively. But as the game went on we just got overran in midfield. A very frustrating game after Stags took the lead. We seemed to slow down and opt to piss around passing along the back over and over rather than having any meaningful runs up field. We looked like the side defending a lead.
Ah well. Didnt think we'd get owt today. Thankfully most of the other cloggers down here lost as well.

A bit of praise for Mansfield's following today. Not usually one to give a crap about this sort of stuff but they were great. Really loud all game and about 1100 of em. If this was twitter I guess I'd have to say "fair play " with a little clap hands emoji.
Guessing there's some feel good down at Field Mill as I don't remember them bringing more than a couple of coach loads of silent OAPs in the past.

It was lacking in quality generally, Dale really struggled to keep the ball but we did very little with it. The following was great, hit a bad patch of form recently and if that was not the case 1500+ was more likely. The fans have been superb in recent years particularly under Clough, best support home and away following the stags in a long time.

Last edited:

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
I mean no one is paying that and he’d obviously be available for a lot less if a team was interested.

The guy was available on a free in the summer, no matter how good he’s been in the last 20 games you don’t become a million pound player after scoring nine goals in four months.
It does happen, we had Max Watters who couldn’t get a game with us, we let him go to Crawley on a free and 5 months later Cardiff bought him for £1m. I’m not saying Miller is worth a seven figure sum but as we don’t need to sell and he’s happy it would take something as ridiculous as that for us to let him go.

David Curries Mullet

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Putting aside rivalry for a second (though it did give me a good laugh), but should the Stevenage goal have stood if Rose was over the goal-line hiding in the net? Had he not left the field of play to gain an advantage?

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Putting aside rivalry for a second (though it did give me a good laugh), but should the Stevenage goal have stood if Rose was over the goal-line hiding in the net? Had he not left the field of play to gain an advantage?

You know that initial clip I just saw the striker bearing down on the keeper, but in the longer version the little sneak is crouched down in the side of the net, bastard.

Stevenage must be PUNISHED for WHAT THEY DID!

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
You know that initial clip I just saw the striker bearing down on the keeper, but in the longer version the little sneak is crouched down in the side of the net, bastard.

Agreed a 10 point deduction would be nice for us.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Fair play Donny, sounds like you outfought and bullied us. Surprised as not many teams have had success doing that, but I think we're open to that when we start without Green in the middle though. Perhaps Hurst read DVR's post about them being piss weak and decided to risk it. :lol: On the plus side, like Lew says, we've got McAtee BackAtee and he's bagged one already. Our season has been very up and down but to be solidly midtable without our best player by an absolute mile is fairly decent going. Whether or not we have the players to compliment and bring the best out of him, we'll find out in the coming months. It's a shame that Ryan Taylor is now out for three months as, regardless of what some Town fans think about him, the pair have a great partnership.

With our shit for brains DOF I bet we've paid at least 500k in agent fees or something obscene when the figures are published.

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Bradford City direct?. You clearly haven't watched us this season then because we haven't been direct enough at times, relying on patient build up play
With respect, we can only go off how you played against us.

You tried to play out from the back and after getting caught out time and again started playing the ball longer.

By the end of the game, you had Cook, Oliver and Angol up front and just punted the ball in their direction.

I understand why you'd be perplexed by the suggestion you are a direct team, but against us, we were just better than you and you resorted to the long ball.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Managed by Evans, doesn't surprise me that they resort to ungentlemanly ways of trying to gain an advantage.

Surely in instances like that, they should be ruled offside in my opinion

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
If one of our own players did that to a keeper we'd all be laughing and cheering.

Can't be offside if no one passes you the ball.

If you can't nick the ball off the keeper from behind him that would have to translate as not being able to nick a ball off any other player from behind. Will players have to announce they are there before making a tackle?

It's sneaky and underhand. The keeper made himself an idiot of himself. Fair goal.

Casey

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
It was a poor game between two poor teams at Crewe vs Colchester. But Colchester will be gutted they lost that, infact they will probably be gutted they didn't win.

I still think they looked one of if not the worst team we've faced but we were even worst and if it was for Okonkwo in goal who made 3 outstanding saves Col Uwe would have won at a canter. Despite winning I'm really starting to worry and can see another long winless run of the back of this game which will see us really sucked into trouble at the bottom end of the table.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Another quality piece of L2 reffing v Stockport on Saturday. We were attacking second half and the Stockport defender decides to pick up the ball. Ref didn't whistle. Ref then consults with his lino and 4th official and gives a free kick to Stockport? I was standing directly behind the lino consulted and there was no whistle from the crowd. It's about 3 mins in on the video.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Another quality piece of L2 reffing v Stockport on Saturday. We were attacking second half and the Stockport defender decides to pick up the ball. Ref didn't whistle. Ref then consults with his lino and 4th official and gives a free kick to Stockport? I was standing directly behind the lino consulted and there was no whistle from the crowd. It's about 3 mins in on the video.

You can hear the whistle on the video.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Cost you the game that didn't it.

There was definitely a whistle, what kind of herbert brings a whistle to a match and does that. Maybe next time wait for a clear goal scoring opportunity, at worst would have been a yellow card.

A better clip to watch is the keeper about 10 seconds before that.

Roger Stone

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Cost you the game that didn't it.

There was definitely a whistle, what kind of herbert brings a whistle to a match and does that. Maybe next time wait for a clear goal scoring opportunity, at worst would have been a yellow card.

A better clip to watch is the keeper about 10 seconds before that.
Don’t be dull.
Just a shit bit of refereeing. He even fucked up the minute silence before kick off. After the ball is picked up by the Stockport lad how does that end up being a Stockport free kick. More likely to be one of your lot if there was a whistle methinks, v sneaky.
Yep Day had a mare with your first goal - well spotted

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Don’t be dull.
Just a shit bit of refereeing. He even fucked up the minute silence before kick off. After the ball is picked up by the Stockport lad how does that end up being a Stockport free kick. More likely to be one of your lot if there was a whistle methinks, v sneaky.
Yep Day had a mare with your first goal - well spotted
We had the ball. What advantage was there to be gained from a County supporting blowing a whistle at that point or our player pretending he heard a phantom one.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
We had the ball. What advantage was there to be gained from a County supporting blowing a whistle at that point or our player pretending he heard a phantom one.
Challinor said everyone in the dugouts heard a clear whistle behind them which means it was from their main stand

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Agree,I'm a lot more positive after the last 3 games,all tough ones.
It would have been a great point yesterday,if it wasn't for Killips balls up & was probably the only way Stevenage would score.
A bit shit the player hiding in the net,but hay ho,that's fat man Evans team for you.
Tumilty has come on leaps & bounds,Murrey improving every game.
Agree about Hamilton,he looked awful to begin with,now, no way would i leave him out.
Robinson is poor,but fits the system we play.
Anyway,I can actually see us escaping the bottom two,which was,something I couldn't see us doing 2 months ago.
I am not there just yet. However, even though the football isn’t great to watch, there is certainly an improvement in how compact and organised we are, the signs are there.

If we scrape a few more points together and everyone else around us keep being garbage, with a positive January window for once we could definitely kick on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!