Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Sorry. I haven’t read the entire thread on this. I presumed Harry Smith had played for both Orient and Exeter already this season. I have no idea how the rule affects non league players.
I don’t think any league clubs can sign him unless he is a free agent, so he’d have to negotiate a mutual termination with Orient.

Strange ITK comment on our forum linking us with John Buckley at Blackburn, make of that what you will but take it with a huge pinch of salt

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Stockport moving on from taking L1 captains to now bringing in Premier League stalwarts I see. ££££££

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
I don’t think any league clubs can sign him unless he is a free agent, so he’d have to negotiate a mutual termination with Orient.

Strange ITK comment on our forum linking us with John Buckley at Blackburn, make of that what you will but take it with a huge pinch of salt
Think your right if Orient terminate his contract he can depends how much they want rid i suppose.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Flynny will almost certainly be after a target man type missed out on Vadaine Oliver then Harry Smith both chose other options would Oliver be available Bradford fans? Already said he wants another wing back which suggests we are losing Liam Bennett in January shame as he has been very good on loan from Cambridge.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Backroom staff update from Crawley.

John Keely joins as keeper coach. Not sure what happened to our old keeper coach but I heard a rumour he went to Man Utd!

We've also advertised for a strength and conditioning coach. The amount of injuries we have had we could do with someone.

Casey

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Flynny will almost certainly be after a target man type missed out on Vadaine Oliver then Harry Smith both chose other options would Oliver be available Bradford fans? Already said he wants another wing back which suggests we are losing Liam Bennett in January shame as he has been very good on loan from Cambridge.

Oliver has barely had a look in since signing in the summer due to the excellent form of Andy Cook.

Oliver signed a 3 year contract in the summer so we wouldn't be giving him away nor can I see us loaning him out to a club in the same league. That said, It wouldn't surprise me to see us listening to offers for him.

Probably unfair to judge him on his mainly sub appearances, but he had been very underwhelming and doesn't seem to fit in with style Mark Hughes prefers, a puzzling signing for us to be honest.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Oliver has barely had a look in since signing in the summer due to the excellent form of Andy Cook.

Oliver signed a 3 year contract in the summer so we wouldn't be giving him away nor can I see us loaning him out to a club in the same league. That said, It wouldn't surprise me to see us listening to offers for him.

Probably unfair to judge him on his mainly sub appearances, but he had been very underwhelming and doesn't seem to fit in with style Mark Hughes prefers, a puzzling signing for us to be honest.
I was surprised when you signed him and thought that it meant you must be losing Cook. 3 year deal too like you say, odd.

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
I was surprised when you signed him and thought that it meant you must be losing Cook. 3 year deal too like you say, odd.

Cook had a shocking second half of last season. He looked overweight, didnt look interested and I think struggled to get on with Derek Adams, and struggled for goals.

I think most fans thought he would be shipped out when Hughes came in. However Hughes ordered him to come back from the summer in much better shape and would be given a chance. When we signed Oliver, we thought that Cook would become just a squad player.

Cook did indeed start the first 2 or 3 games on the bench. Oliver struggled to make an impact and Cook was given his chance and hasn't looked back scoring 16 goals in league and cup since.

Reactions: PuB

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Cook had a shocking second half of last season. He looked overweight, didnt look interested and I think struggled to get on with Derek Adams, and struggled for goals.

I think most fans thought he would be shipped out when Hughes came in. However Hughes ordered him to come back from the summer in much better shape and would be given a chance. When we signed Oliver, we thought that Cook would become just a squad player.

Cook did indeed start the first 2 or 3 games on the bench. Oliver struggled to make an impact and Cook was given his chance and hasn't looked back scoring 16 goals in league and cup since.
A fit and motivated Cook is a damn good striker at this level did well for us in League one.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Well I meant you lot splashing it, not his desire. Class from him to be fair. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, absolute warrior for Burnley.
Where are we splashing it? On our Community work? I think most money is being spent towards that and our infastructure as plans for redevelopment and growth of E.P are afoot.

Don't know how he'll get on really, don't even know where he'll play in our wing back system. Obviously a good pro, he's been training with us for a few months so we'll know him, he'll know the standard etc.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Stocky will have to develop a new formula in his spreadsheet for this one, wages re-donated isn't heard of very often.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Where are we splashing it? On our Community work?
I made my initial comment before the Tweet about him donating his wages to community projects was posted. Was just a little nod to your lavish expenditure nothing to get too touchy about my friend.
Don't know how he'll get on really, don't even know where he'll play in our wing back system. Obviously a good pro, he's been training with us for a few months so we'll know him, he'll know the standard etc.
Probably one of those good-to-have-in-the-building signings, a bit like our signing of Shaun Pearson last season. Will definitely do a job when called up on but might just be on the bench. Wonder if he's got an eye on coaching/managing?

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Noticed JMD has gone to Yeovil. That's another EFL spell that hasn't worked out for him and I'm assuming it's for the same reasons it hasn't gone to plan anywhere else.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Noticed JMD has gone to Yeovil. That's another EFL spell that hasn't worked out for him and I'm assuming it's for the same reasons it hasn't gone to plan anywhere else.
On the face of it, yes it would look like that but he hasn't even really been given the chance to live up to his reputation. Not given a fair crack of the whip at all, his minutes this season have been ridiculously harsh on him given the contributions he's made on the pitch during his time here. I genuinely think that Hurst signed him thinking he'd be a good player for next season in The Conference and wasn't ever really willing to use him in League Two. I wouldn't be overly bothered if we had better players ahead of him but the subs he's been bringing on over him (mainly Pepple and Simmonds) have been largely ineffectual at best. Frustratingly we now find ourselves in exactly the same position as last season with very few natural wide attacking options. Stephen Wearne has been loaned out to Torquay and Scannell has been injured all season, now leaving us with Brendan Kiernan as the only available player I'd class as a proper winger.

1878 Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
Agreed, JMD hasn't had a lot of minutes (216 when i looked the other day), But has been mostly ineffective (in a defensive sense, Alright in an attacking sense.) when played this season. So at the start of the season when Khan and McAtee were injured Hurst went for more dogged defensive runners in Kiernan and Clifton. Who have spent the start of season tucking in protecting the full-backs and looking to counter on the break. However, Since the start of November we switched to more of a 4-3-3 out of necessity really due to Taylor getting injured and Hurst not trusting any of the other strikers (Orsi, Pepple or Richardson). Meaning we actually have 2 natural wingers on the pitch in Khan and Kiernan who actually contribute in a defensive and an offensive manner. While also linking up with McAtee which we saw glimpses of against Tranmere. But in January i can see us bringing a centre forward in a similar role to Taylor which could see us going back to a 4-4-1-1 like last season with McAtee playing just behind a forward instead of playing more of a false-nine.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Agreed, JMD hasn't had a lot of minutes (216 when i looked the other day), But has been mostly ineffective (in a defensive sense, Alright in an attacking sense.) when played this season. So at the start of the season when Khan and McAtee were injured Hurst went for more dogged defensive runners in Kiernan and Clifton. Who have spent the start of season tucking in protecting the full-backs and looking to counter on the break. However, Since the start of November we switched to more of a 4-3-3 out of necessity really due to Taylor getting injured and Hurst not trusting any of the other strikers (Orsi, Pepple or Richardson). Meaning we actually have 2 natural wingers on the pitch in Khan and Kiernan who actually contribute in a defensive and an offensive manner. While also linking up with McAtee which we saw glimpses of against Tranmere. But in January i can see us bringing a centre forward in a similar role to Taylor which could see us going back to a 4-4-1-1 like last season with McAtee playing just behind a forward instead of playing more of a false-nine.
Ah of course, forgot about Khan when I wrote that. Two available natural wingers right now then. I'm hoping there are some legs in the Tom Hopper rumour, as he's pretty much a ready made Taylor upgrade. I'm expecting some sort of wide attacking signing too and/or Scannell back and fit as I don't think it's likely that JMD and Wearne are gonna be playing for us again.

1878 Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
Ah of course, forgot about Khan when I wrote that. Two available natural wingers right now then. I'm hoping there are some legs in the Tom Hopper rumour, as he's pretty much a ready made Taylor upgrade. I'm expecting some sort of wide attacking signing too and/or Scannell back and fit as I don't think it's likely that JMD and Wearne are gonna be playing for us again.
I don't think we'll see Scannell play for us again, So I could see us signing 2 or 3 attacking players , another CM, and another CB.

Pearson has gone on loan to Boston and will probably stay there, apparently he is still training with us though so wonder if he is sending information about Scott Pollock who seems to be scoring for fun in the NLN in a very mediocre Boston side?

Hunt absolutley no idea why he signed for us permanently, because this season he can't seem to make a start and when he has looked slow lethargic and prone to a bad tackle. He also seems like he isn't rated by Hurst, Because he hasn't featured since being taken off at half time against Doncaster in early November. Can possibly even see him going on loan to a Chesterfield or a Notts County.

Simmonds will go back to Birmingham. Limited to just PJT and 10 minute cameos off the bench in the league, Although had a promising cameo on his debut against Newport.

Orsi isn't rated by Hurst and could possibly go on loan to a Dorking or a Maidenhead. Can see why he didn't cut it at Harrogate last season.

Richardson will probably go back to Burnley early, although promising in limited minutes, is a similar player to McAtee.

McAtee will play every minute of every game if fit, Although it will probably end up with a situation like last season where he was playing through injuries.

Taylor might even retire because of his injury.

Kiernan I could see signing permanently,

Khan's here for another season at least and has played well once back from injury.

Wearne and JMD, Like you put will probably never play for us again.

Pepple is an interesting one because he's played in 10 games this season but only 1 start and has been ineffective when played this season, It seems like he was bought in to sweeten the McAtee deal to Luton.

Possible incomings

Tom Hopper (if any legs in that rumour) would be a good fit for the current team with wingers running off him.

Scott Pollock seems like a bit of an unknown quantity because bar 29 games at Northampton, his whole career has been spent in the NLN at Boston scoring 13 goals this season from the wing. Any Northampton fans got info on him?

Plus a CM and a CB

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I don't think we'll see Scannell play for us again, So I could see us signing 2 or 3 attacking players , another CM, and another CB.

Pearson has gone on loan to Boston and will probably stay there, apparently he is still training with us though so wonder if he is sending information about Scott Pollock who seems to be scoring for fun in the NLN in a very mediocre Boston side?

Hunt absolutley no idea why he signed for us permanently, because this season he can't seem to make a start and when he has looked slow lethargic and prone to a bad tackle. He also seems like he isn't rated by Hurst, Because he hasn't featured since being taken off at half time against Doncaster in early November. Can possibly even see him going on loan to a Chesterfield or a Notts County.

Simmonds will go back to Birmingham. Limited to just PJT and 10 minute cameos off the bench in the league, Although had a promising cameo on his debut against Newport.

Orsi isn't rated by Hurst and could possibly go on loan to a Dorking or a Maidenhead. Can see why he didn't cut it at Harrogate last season.

Richardson will probably go back to Burnley early, although promising in limited minutes, is a similar player to McAtee.

McAtee will play every minute of every game if fit, Although it will probably end up with a situation like last season where he was playing through injuries.

Taylor might even retire because of his injury.

Kiernan I could see signing permanently,

Khan's here for another season at least and has played well once back from injury.

Wearne and JMD, Like you put will probably never play for us again.

Pepple is an interesting one because he's played in 10 games this season but only 1 start and has been ineffective when played this season, It seems like he was bought in to sweeten the McAtee deal to Luton.

Possible incomings

Tom Hopper (if any legs in that rumour) would be a good fit for the current team with wingers running off him.

Scott Pollock seems like a bit of an unknown quantity because bar 29 games at Northampton, his whole career has been spent in the NLN at Boston scoring 13 goals this season from the wing. Any Northampton fans got info on him?

Plus a CM and a CB
Do you know something about Scannell or is that just a hunch? He's back in full training apparently. I'd have thought letting JMD go out was partly to do with him being back on the radar. I was hoping he'd be back in contention before long.

Kiernan agreed, he's pretty much the most Paul Hurst player you could imagine. Solid squad player, I wouldn't mind him being given a deal here.

I don't think we've used Orsi correctly in the very limited minutes we've seen of him. He needs to be running onto balls. I don't think Harrogate used him right either from what I gather. Needs to be in a two up top. I think him and McAtee could be a decent pair up top, but you're kind of wasting McAtee a bit there who needs to be in that hole pulling the strings really.

Richardson is a weird one. Looked head and shoulders above Pepple and Simmonds early doors and then we've barely seen him.

Last edited:

1878 Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town FC
Do you know something about Scannell or is that just a hunch? He's back in full training apparently. I'd have thought letting JMD go out was partly to do with him being back on the radar. I was hoping he'd be back in contention before long.

Kiernan agreed, he's pretty much the most Paul Hurst player you could imagine. Solid squad player, I wouldn't mind him being given a deal here.

I don't think we've used Orsi correctly in the very limited minutes we've seen of him. He needs to running onto balls. I don't think Harrogate used him right either from what I gather. Needs to be in a two up top. I think him and McAtee could be a decent pair up top, but you're kind of wasting McAtee a bit there who needs to be in that hole pulling the strings really.

Richardson is a weird one. Looked head and shoulders above Pepple and Simmonds early doors and then we've barely seen him.
Oh I didn't know Scannell was back in full training so i might be wrong on that one

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall

I don't think we've used Orsi correctly in the very limited minutes we've seen of him. He needs to running onto balls. I don't think Harrogate used him right either from what I gather. Needs to be in a two up top. I think him and McAtee could be a decent pair up top, but you're kind of wasting McAtee a bit there who needs to be in that hole pulling the strings really.

Kiernan didnt do much wrong here and is out of contract in 6 months so if you want him i would imagine Flynn would be happy to get him off the wage bill in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!