Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Apparently Leon legge is joining the chavs, disappointing if true but I’m not surprised, he’s hardly played recently and is supposed to be on a few £, plus with our obvious budget cuts next season it makes sense, will miss him though, proper CB!

KTF
Agree, disappointing if true, but it makes sense. He and his family are well settled in our little village, just N of Cambridge, so of all his options (apart from a drop in wages and staying with us) that will be the easiest commute.

Sounds like Forde and Mitov will be our keepers again next year and Tafty may well maintain his partnership with GT at CB.

I'm guessing we are awaiting the AGM and/or King's Lynn finishing their play-offs before we formally announce Joe Dunne as First Team Coach and whether Ian Culverhouse will be coming in alongside him.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Good news r.e. the Cowleys, especially with them buying houses and moving the wives and kids up, too. I think that probably sees them here for at least another two seasons. Can't see them wanting to move the kids around school(s) too much and they've got them into a decent school in Lincoln as well at £9k-£13k a year! Still much cheaper than the boarding option of £24k-£31k a year, mind.

Sounds like they did reject an East Anglian club after all...

Brilliant news on Bostwick's extension as well, who's been immense this season and suits our style down to the ground. An absolute warrior at CB or CM. It'll be him or Eardley for Player of the Season I think and speaking of Eardley, it sounds like his deal isn't too far away either, which will be another good bit of business.

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
In our first rumour before the season has even ended, apparently James McKeown has been offered a deal by Motherwell, supposedly 3 years and and double his wages. The vagueness of the terms and lack of knowledge of his current wages makes me sceptical but this has come from multiple people.

He’s replaceable but it would be a sad end, as he’s the last of the promotion team and is improving.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Good news r.e. the Cowleys, especially with them buying houses and moving the wives and kids up, too. I think that probably sees them here for at least another two seasons. Can't see them wanting to move the kids around school(s) too much and they've got them into a decent school in Lincoln as well at £9k-£13k a year! Still much cheaper than the boarding option of £24k-£31k a year, mind.

Sounds like they did reject an East Anglian club after all...

Brilliant news on Bostwick's extension as well, who's been immense this season and suits our style down to the ground. An absolute warrior at CB or CM. It'll be him or Eardley for Player of the Season I think and speaking of Eardley, it sounds like his deal isn't too far away either, which will be another good bit of business.
The very same Eardley who the genius Michael Brown considered not worth a deal, speaks volumes for his management skills and eye for a player, or rather lack of it.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Chris Dagnall is free to a new home if anyone is interested. He was left out of the squad on Saturday because he was 'unwell', but that kinda fell apart when he posted on instagram of him out drinking with the caption "seasons done". Now it's emerged the Alex won't even be tabling a new contract to him and he'll now leave in the summer.

I think most Crewe fans knew he was gone. I'm disappointed that he's being paid a decent salary to do fuck all for the last 2 weeks of the season, wish I could do that in a job just because I was leaving. Also disappointed that the club didn't even attempt to keep him. He wouldn't have stayed and I don't think its devastating to lose him, but to see a striker with 24 goals in 2 seasons walk out the door without a concerted effort to keep him seems foolhardy. Especially given last season he was in and out the team and this season, he's played a number of games out wide and in midfield. 24 goals with that and a mostly awful supporting cast is good going in my mind.

But, he's on his way out. Rumours suggest he's already sorted with Bury, but who knows. Can't wait to watch him bag 15 next season for another L2 team.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I'm happy to see the back of Dagnall. I don't dislike him, but his fitness wasn't the best and he had spells out injured and on his wages that's not beneficial for the football club. I don't think he was that great either bar the form he showed in the second half of last season when I think he scored 14 goals in the last 3 months of the season?

Davis horrendously mismanaged him but Artell got the best out of him last year him up with Bowery. The problem though, was that we signed Porter in the Summer and Artell wanted to test out his new toy so much that we never really got to see Bowery and Dagnall together at all. That said, Bowery and Shaun Miller have been brilliant to watch this season, so I'm expecting us to snap up Miller for half of what Dagnall's earning. Miller doesn't score many goals but he brings so many others into play and he's turned Bowery into one of the most in-form strikers in this league recently. It's no surprise that the younger players have really kicked on since the arrival of Miller who gives them the licence to roam forward and receive his passes. I don't think Dagnall is that sort of player in all honesty but I do agree, he's been the victim of mismanagement and the desire to accommodate Chris Porter.

I'd be surprised if he scored 15 goals for someone next season though, I genuinely believe his legs have gone for good because of his injuries. Good finisher on his day and will probably stay in this league, but could see him in non league quite easily by 2019.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Rumour season started already it seems.

Yesterday we were loosely linked with Ben Whitfield, who we tried to sign in January from Bournemouth on loan but he extended his stay at Port Vale instead. The rumour appears to have come from the Vale end, saying we've both offered him a contract.

Cheltenham's local paper has linked us, FGR and Oxford with their captain, Carl Winchester who, I'm going to be honest, I know nothing about.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
He should have been player of the year, and had he played in midfield all season instead of here, there and bloody everywhere there's no doubt he would have been (he got my vote anyway).

When he signed from Oldham we were told he's a luxury player, class on his day but those days were few and far between. He's been fantastic for us, an absolute workhorse.

I'll be gutted to see him go, but frankly I'm not surprised in the slightest. Rumours are that we've offered him a new deal on the same terms as what he was on for the last 18 months, despite the fact he's been our best player in that time and was even given the captaincy (in a crap attempt to convince him to stay).

Oh, and he loves a goal from the edge of the box.

Dave-Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Chris Dagnall is free to a new home if anyone is interested. He was left out of the squad on Saturday because he was 'unwell', but that kinda fell apart when he posted on instagram of him out drinking with the caption "seasons done". Now it's emerged the Alex won't even be tabling a new contract to him and he'll now leave in the summer.

I think most Crewe fans knew he was gone. I'm disappointed that he's being paid a decent salary to do fuck all for the last 2 weeks of the season, wish I could do that in a job just because I was leaving. Also disappointed that the club didn't even attempt to keep him. He wouldn't have stayed and I don't think its devastating to lose him, but to see a striker with 24 goals in 2 seasons walk out the door without a concerted effort to keep him seems foolhardy. Especially given last season he was in and out the team and this season, he's played a number of games out wide and in midfield. 24 goals with that and a mostly awful supporting cast is good going in my mind.

But, he's on his way out. Rumours suggest he's already sorted with Bury, but who knows. Can't wait to watch him bag 15 next season for another L2 team.

You just know we will end up signing him. We just can’t help ourselves when it comes to available ex-Crewe players.

mowgli

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe Wanderers
Midfielder Sam Saunders has signed on for another season which is great news if he can stay fit, his experience will be an asset in League 1 next season.

GloverGing

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
We've been linked to midfielder Luke Young, who is out of contract with Torquay. Has been their player of he season 3 of the last 4 years.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Callum Ainley now signed a 3 year deal. I really thought we would lose atleast 2 of Ainley, Jones and Kirk but now all 3 have signed up. Refreshing to see our most promising players and biggest assets signing decent length contracts, rather than losing them on the cheap.

After a disastrous couple of seasons on and off the pitch, things now looking up, we have a good core of homegrown players who are improving all the time, the future is looking bright.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Callum Ainley now signed a 3 year deal. I really thought we would lose atleast 2 of Ainley, Jones and Kirk but now all 3 have signed up. Refreshing to see our most promising players and biggest assets signing decent length contracts, rather than losing them on the cheap.

After a disastrous couple of seasons on and off the pitch, things now looking up, we have a good core of homegrown players who are improving all the time, the future is looking bright.
I wouldn't be so confident just yet. I'm pleased that all 3 are staying, but I'm yet to really see signs that we can shake the inconsistency that has dogged us all season, nor bridge the gap between ourselves and the top teams quality wise. Still got a fair few wasters in this team, namely Raynes, Walker and Porter. Still need to ship all 3 off in the summer ideally.

But this was a big to-do on Artell's list and he's done it before the season has even finished. Just need to ensure Green and Miller sign pre-contracts and the summer shopping list should be relatively short. Should only leave us needing 2 full backs and imo, a decent winger.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Christian Montano signs a new two year deal. Great news. Struggled at the start then a baffling reshuffle it seemed by Aspin threw him in at left back and he has been unbelievable there the last few months of the season, could easily be one of the best left backs next season in the league. Very happy with that... in November we would probably have driven him to his next destination!

Cool vid too:

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Keeping Callum Ainley on a 3 year contract is the outstanding bit of business in years from us.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Seems Colchester have agreed a fee with Cheltenham for Harry Pell.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Better news today is that we've taken up a year's option on Brennan Dickenson's contract to keep him here next season, which is a great surprise as I assumed he was out of contract and ready to leave on a free. Player of the Year by a country mile last season before missing most of this year with an ACL. If he can come back firing in pre-season then it will be the best signing we could make this summer.

Habbinalan

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United (and reminisces about Barrow AFC)
Twitter
@habbinalan
Agree, disappointing if true, but it makes sense. He and his family are well settled in our little village, just N of Cambridge, so of all his options (apart from a drop in wages and staying with us) that will be the easiest commute.

Sounds like Forde and Mitov will be our keepers again next year and Tafty may well maintain his partnership with GT at CB.

I'm guessing we are awaiting the AGM and/or King's Lynn finishing their play-offs before we formally announce Joe Dunne as First Team Coach and whether Ian Culverhouse will be coming in alongside him.

Stage one of Legge to Stevenage complete. We've announced he's leaving early so that he can get a proper (and well deserved) send-off tomorrow. Would it be optimistic to suggest that announcement of his new club is being delayed until the season is complete and he's handed back his amber & black shirt? That would be too classy wouldn't it?

George Taft staying as a replacement would depend on Mansfield confirming they don't want him. He's 24 so there would be no fee as I think his contract ends in June.

Stage one of the coaching set up is complete, with Joe Dunne announced and doing another great interview alongside our rather full of himself, Welsh Windbag, Director of Football. King's Lynn play Slough in their PO Final on Monday, so we'll only hear where Culverhouse is heading and whether he has a role at the Abbey (I suspect not) after that. Potential good news is that Barry Corr is doing his coaching badges and plenty of U's would like to see him mentoring our strikers whilst making a few appearances next season. I'm more optimistic about that bit of wild speculation.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co....__Cheltenham_Town_boss_eyes_four_fresh_faces/

We're apparently ion for Andy Williams and Craig Alcock from Doncaster, Johnny Mullins from Luton and Chris Hussey from Sheffield Utd.

On the surface, these all seem like good signings, especially given some of the crap we've had over the past two seasons. They're all players I have at least heard of, though I can't comment on form of if they are actually any good.

Thoughts on Mullins Luton fans?

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
If you sign Hussey he’ll miss the first 4 games of the season as he got a 5 match ban after hitting a Swindon fan after our defeat at Newport.

He started well for us and scored a worldly goal in our win at Luton but then got an injury and went totally off the boil including a rumour he fell out with Flitcroft.

I personally didn’t see too much of him but what I did see wasn’t great.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co....__Cheltenham_Town_boss_eyes_four_fresh_faces/

We're apparently ion for Andy Williams and Craig Alcock from Doncaster, Johnny Mullins from Luton and Chris Hussey from Sheffield Utd.

On the surface, these all seem like good signings, especially given some of the crap we've had over the past two seasons. They're all players I have at least heard of, though I can't comment on form of if they are actually any good.

5 new signings in by the second week of May. Good going that.

The Johnson's getting business done early it seems.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe

No disrespect but I'm surprised if you can afford all those players on your budget. Unless you're completely purging your squad or you've been given additional investment I couldn't see all of those signing for you, must all be on a fair whack at all their clubs!

TommoCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
No disrespect but I'm surprised if you can afford all those players on your budget. Unless you're completely purging your squad or you've been given additional investment I couldn't see all of those signing for you, must all be on a fair whack at all their clubs!
They'll get a big windfall with Eisa/Pell going out. All sound pretty reasonable to me given they'll probably be well over £1.5m up before the transfer window has opened. Luton fans are probably the ones to ask about all the net spend stuff though they're the experts on that front

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
They'll get a big windfall with Eisa/Pell going out. All sound pretty reasonable to me given they'll probably be well over £1.5m up before the transfer window has opened. Luton fans are probably the ones to ask about all the net spend stuff though they're the experts on that front

Tbf Eisa will be a record sale for them, always remember Steven Gillespie going for about £400,000 to Colchester about a decade ago and don't think they ever topped that.

Hatter86

Reaction score
Supports
Luton Town

Solid centre half who will do well at league 2 for another few years. Very good in the air for someone his height (6 foot 1ish). Not the quickest over the ground and his footballing ability is nothing better than 'Good' but you'll always get 100% from him. If you can keep him fit you'll have a top league 2 defender. He's also by all accounts a top bloke around the training ground.

Also his sister or wife is massively fit. I forget which it is. However if you have the time available for some Twitter stalking she's out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny69
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV