Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Anyway our season ticket prices have just increased by 15% with walk-up tickets expected to be £25 for those prices I don't want another season of signing non-league free transfers again. As much as we fluked on Wright and Wootton proving me wrong.
There's no exact science for where a player comes from though to be fair.

Look at Moxon at Carlisle. We wanted him, who was it Scottish Championship or something? He's class.

Wright is a good example, was just promoted from NLN. Been excellent.

On paper, Camps was a great signing from the "right place" after being a solid League 1 midfielder with League 1 clubs interested in him. He's been underwhelming

Basically, just don't sign anyone from Torquay. We've had our lot really now.Whitfield was the best of the three and he was injured every two minutes. Not missed a game for Barrow (did go off the boil though).

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
There's no exact science for where a player comes from though to be fair.

Look at Moxon at Carlisle. We wanted him, who was it Scottish Championship or something? He's class.

Wright is a good example, was just promoted from NLN. Been excellent.

On paper, Camps was a great signing from the "right place" after being a solid League 1 midfielder with League 1 clubs interested in him. He's been underwhelming

Basically, just don't sign anyone from Torquay. We've had our lot really now.Whitfield was the best of the three and he was injured every two minutes. Not missed a game for Barrow (did go off the boil though).
I get what you’re saying but out of everyone the signing that made the most sense since the takeover was Horsfall and he did exactly what it said on the tin.

Apart from him our CB recruitment has been beyond abysmal in the last few years.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
FGR/MK fans.. What's Bailey Cargill like? Got 2 promotions from this league in the last 5 seasons so hopefully not total shite

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
From what I've seen I think Cameron will be fine defensively in this division. CBs are probably the ones that have the easiest time stepping up from NL to L2 I reckon. I don't think he'll be a top defender, but he'll get the job done. A bit similar to Palmer and Tunnicliffe at Stockport last summer, I think both would've been fine but they knew they could get better.

Donny very close to attaining Going For It™ status before the end of May. Seems like your owners might not have been chatting shit regarding that warchest!
No, TB was given the brutal truth about how his legacy would end if he didn’t rectify the decline over the last 2 seasons so we went and got McCann and he’s been given the funds to give us a chance of promotion and also challenge in League 1

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
2a6f3efdc95bfc6d18a474597b80d0989d6f2ef5.jpeg

Youpies

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
Connel Rawlinson renews his contract

One of those I didn't worry about being poached. Solid CB who will play most games

Cameron would be a big loss for Notts if he goes. He offers a lot from the left hand side and I think he adds a lot in the dressing room.

Nemane being linked with Cardiff is a surprise. He's not ready for the championship. He's been an outlet for us. Not a physical presence but has enough pace and tricks

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
FGR/MK fans.. What's Bailey Cargill like? Got 2 promotions from this league in the last 5 seasons so hopefully not total shite
Was good for us before his injury, then I remember him being a bit hit and miss afterwards.

He pissed the fans off a lot though, possibly unjustifiably but there was an incident at one away game and then when he wasn’t playing he was off watching his best mate play for Luton and constantly posting about it… we don’t like Luton either so you can imagine how that went down.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

One of those I didn't worry about being poached. Solid CB who will play most games

Cameron would be a big loss for Notts if he goes. He offers a lot from the left hand side and I think he adds a lot in the dressing room.

Nemane being linked with Cardiff is a surprise. He's not ready for the championship. He's been an outlet for us. Not a physical presence but has enough pace and tricks

Cameron would be a huge loss to us and I’m not convinced he’d be a great signing for anyone else who doesn’t play our brand of football. He’s superb on the ball and going forward for a lower league centre back, but defensively he can be very ropey.

The Nemane to Cardiff link is just bizarre. Had a great season but he’s one you’d be hoping rather than sure could step up to this level, let alone the Championship.

Outside of the obvious Rodrigues, Palmer, Bostock and Langstaff being class it’s hard to separate how good our players are as individuals from how ridiculously well Williams had them playing as a team. A lot are the same who were very mixed under Burchnall.

Ellis

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Glad Williams has exposed that fraud.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
From what I've seen I think Cameron will be fine defensively in this division. CBs are probably the ones that have the easiest time stepping up from NL to L2 I reckon. I don't think he'll be a top defender, but he'll get the job done. A bit similar to Palmer and Tunnicliffe at Stockport last summer, I think both would've been fine but they knew they could get better.

I think he probably would, that’s what he was at Torquay by all accounts, we just spotted something different in him. He’s big and strong and all of those things, but if you play him as a normal centre back then you lose what makes him unique, he has to be allowed to get forward, make an extra man in midfield, overlap his wing back etc, but that’s where he can be done with his lack of pace and tendency to over commit.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

Two-year deal for a player who turns 32 in a couple of months and not really proved himself beyond the NL is certainly an interesting choice.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Two-year deal for a player who turns 32 in a couple of months and not really proved himself beyond the NL is certainly an interesting choice.

He won’t play that much next season I don’t think, the same with Slocombe and O’Brien who are also experienced pros we’ve offered deals to. They basically set the standards, run the dressing room etc. and we’ve become very big on consistency of players under the Danes’ ownership. We don’t release many at all.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I think he probably would, that’s what he was at Torquay by all accounts, we just spotted something different in him. He’s big and strong and all of those things, but if you play him as a normal centre back then you lose what makes him unique, he has to be allowed to get forward, make an extra man in midfield, overlap his wing back etc, but that’s where he can be done with his lack of pace and tendency to over commit.
He’d be asked to do the same thing if he came here.

It’s what Wright has done from RCB for much of the season but we haven’t had anybody to do it from the left under DC apart from Kitching. Unfortunately he gave away so many goals through terrible defending/giving the ball away that in the end we had to get rid and settle for the experienced Hussey who was comfortable on the ball but didn’t have the legs to get forward.

We should have got Cameron two years ago but instead went for two completely unsuitable choices. Then the next year we pick up a CB from Torquay who isn’t as good and again doesn’t have the attributes for the wide CB role.

Let’s hope it’s third summer lucky.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
He won’t play that much next season I don’t think, the same with Slocombe and O’Brien who are also experienced pros we’ve offered deals to. They basically set the standards, run the dressing room etc. and we’ve become very big on consistency of players under the Danes’ ownership. We don’t release many at all.
Just makes it even more bizarre that you wouldn’t just offer him a year with an option if he played a certain amount of games as I shouldn’t image he’d have turned that down.

No biggie I suppose but unusual for 32-year-old squad player making a step up.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Just makes it even more bizarre that you wouldn’t just offer him a year with an option if he played a certain amount of games as I shouldn’t image he’d have turned that down.

I don’t think we’ve given anyone a one-year deal in the last two or three years, everyone seems to get two minimum. Sure there’s a logic behind it, I’m at the point of just trusting whatever we do recruitment wise to be honest, our hit rate is astonishing recently on both new signings and new deals I wasn’t convinced by.

I reckon they’d probably say that one year at a new club or a new level isn’t truly enough time to know whether they’re good enough for it. To be fair last summer I reckon a more conventionally run club would’ve released two or three who were among our key players last season. Definitely Nemane, probably Rawlinson himself.

Last edited:

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Enzio seems pretty popular but have been very underwhelmed by him in an attacking sense. Just doesn’t really have a cutting edge, neither creating or scoring enough goals. Expected a bit more when he signed. He has done a solidish job filling in probably about half our games as right back last season, but he isn’t one of those. Maybe can do a wing back role. Personally I think he’s a NL player overall but he’s a likeable guy and has never let us down in terms of attitude and commitment. Would be surprised if those clubs were really after him, presume agent drumming up interest.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Enzio seems pretty popular but have been very underwhelmed by him in an attacking sense. Just doesn’t really have a cutting edge, neither creating or scoring enough goals. Expected a bit more when he signed. He has done a solidish job filling in probably about half our games as right back last season, but he isn’t one of those. Maybe can do a wing back role. Personally I think he’s a NL player overall but he’s a likeable guy and has never let us down in terms of attitude and commitment. Would be surprised if those clubs were really after him, presume agent drumming up interest.

What did you do to him!?! He was an inconsistent but entertaining winger for us, good for around five absolute screamers a season and mostly mazy runs with the odd one coming off. I’d never have had him anywhere near right back. He’s an absolutely lovely lad as well.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
What did you do to him!?! He was an inconsistent but entertaining winger for us, good for around five absolute screamers a season and mostly mazy runs with the odd one coming off. I’d never have had him anywhere near right back. He’s an absolutely lovely lad as well.
Yes, that’s what I heard when he arrived! He’s barely notched for us.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Enzio did so well for us Notts paid near on half a million for him. He's good but not that good.

Like all wingers he would disappear and you'd think what s the point but then burst into life in a few games and everyone would be shouting his name.

I would not call him a pacy winger though. Not slow just not a speed merchant. Would often cut inside rather than going past someone.

Casey

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
On the plus side, I don’t think any of our fans are bothered about any player leaving. In fact, we’ll be disappointed if a few are still hanging around next season. We have a piss weak midfield with no height or bite - that’s what needs addressing. Finding another club to take our tipper tappers might be a problem, though.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Enzio did so well for us Notts paid near on half a million for him. He's good but not that good.

Like all wingers he would disappear and you'd think what s the point but then burst into life in a few games and everyone would be shouting his name.

I would not call him a pacy winger though. Not slow just not a speed merchant. Would often cut inside rather than going past someone.

Casey

At the time Notts chucked about silly money for anyone.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Modern CB, decent size/pace, good on the ball and likes to get forward, best playing lcb in a 3 or LB. Would have been happy to keep him.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county

We’ve given Slocombe a two-year deal as well, which will take him to nearly 37. Just how we seem to operate, but we’ve explicitly said we want to sign another senior goalkeeper who I imagine is going to end up as first choice.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Modern CB, decent size/pace, good on the ball and likes to get forward, best playing lcb in a 3 or LB. Would have been happy to keep him.
Sounds like the sort of player we would be after. Although we are rumoured to be after a left back from Scotland.... Although not necessarily Scottish

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I get what you’re saying but out of everyone the signing that made the most sense since the takeover was Horsfall and he did exactly what it said on the tin.

Apart from him our CB recruitment has been beyond abysmal in the last few years.
You say that, but we've had the 2nd best defence in the league for the past 2 seasons, so clearly doing something right!

MWS

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
He’d be asked to do the same thing if he came here.

It’s what Wright has done from RCB for much of the season but we haven’t had anybody to do it from the left under DC apart from Kitching. Unfortunately he gave away so many goals through terrible defending/giving the ball away that in the end we had to get rid and settle for the experienced Hussey who was comfortable on the ball but didn’t have the legs to get forward.

We should have got Cameron two years ago but instead went for two completely unsuitable choices. Then the next year we pick up a CB from Torquay who isn’t as good and again doesn’t have the attributes for the wide CB role.

Let’s hope it’s third summer lucky.
It's interesting reading other people's opinions on players and how different they can be.

Joe Lewis on the whole is a pretty solid League 2 CB. He's an absolute unit with his strongest position being the centre of a back 3. Isn't amazing on the ball, but is good enough. Had a couple of MOTM performances last season (thinking Orient away in particular).

Hussey was easily one of our best signings last season. I don't get the comment that he didn't have legs to get forward. He spent most of his time getting forward and crossing the ball into the box (he managed 6 assists from LCB). When he played against us for Port Vale in the cup, MSH went at him over and over again and Hussey came out on top every time. A proper solid defender who's great on the ball. He'll need replacing for sure.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
It's interesting reading other people's opinions on players and how different they can be.

Joe Lewis on the whole is a pretty solid League 2 CB. He's an absolute unit with his strongest position being the centre of a back 3. Isn't amazing on the ball, but is good enough. Had a couple of MOTM performances last season (thinking Orient away in particular).

Hussey was easily one of our best signings last season. I don't get the comment that he didn't have legs to get forward. He spent most of his time getting forward and crossing the ball into the box (he managed 6 assists from LCB). When he played against us for Port Vale in the cup, MSH went at him over and over again and Hussey came out on top every time. A proper solid defender who's great on the ball. He'll need replacing for sure.
I can't agree on Lewis, NL defender for me. Agree on Hussey, I liked him.

Lewis is young for a centre half but the tell tale sign was that Challinor brought in Byrne in January when Horsfall was out. Simply didn't trust Lewis. I didn't blame him. He's poor on the ball and erratic.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
You say that, but we've had the 2nd best defence in the league for the past 2 seasons, so clearly doing something right!
Yeah replacing the terrible CB signings with makeshift full backs and midfielders who do a much better job.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
I can't agree on Lewis, NL defender for me. Agree on Hussey, I liked him.

Lewis is young for a centre half but the tell tale sign was that Challinor brought in Byrne in January when Horsfall was out. Simply didn't trust Lewis. I didn't blame him. He's poor on the ball and erratic.
Yeah Lewis is nowhere near good enough. Panicky on the ball, inconsistent in the air and looks like a deer in the headlights when people run at him in wide areas.

Hussey was a decent but not brilliant stop gap brought in after we completely ignored the weakest part of our squad last summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!