Stickied League 2 Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers 2023/24

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Rumors that Andy Cook wants away. Backed him to the hilt and given him a cushty three year contract. Shocking if true but he has form for it.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I can’t see any glory left in his boots...., possible of a season or two as a part player maybe....

Not sure whether you’re taking the piss or not, but 17 goals this season in a team that creates next to fuck all, is a decent return.

Carried the team last season, scoring 31 in all comps.

He’s been a fantastic servant to the club. He’s still the best finisher we have by a country mile.

159 app - 68 goals - 18 assists

Don’t know where the rumour has come from, ‘cos I’ve seen diddly squat, but I’d rather we have him than anyone else.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I wouldn't be surprised if half our squad is released. Davies, Young, Dalby, Hayden, Tozer, Tunnicliffe, Howard, McFadzean, possibly Forde too.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
I wouldn't be surprised if half our squad is released. Davies, Young, Dalby, Hayden, Tozer, Tunnicliffe, Howard, McFadzean, possibly Forde too.
Crikey, a lot of money being sent out the door there. Much change from a million in combined transfer fees?

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Crikey, a lot of money being sent out the door there. Much change from a million in combined transfer fees?

The majority of those were free transfers. But when you add up the others..... no.

Hayden, Tunnicliffe and Forde would all be good enough to play in L1 but they've all had horrendous injury records with us. Big shame.

I'll be mostly sad about Jordan Davies but he just hasn't kicked on and claimed a place this season. two years ago he was one of the best players in the National League but hasn't come on since a bad injury last year.

Young, Tozer and Dalby would be decent signings in the NL and possibly have something to offer in L2. Dalby doesn't really suit our system but I do think there is a good player there and hes only 24.

spireite

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
The majority of those were free transfers. But when you add up the others..... no.

Hayden, Tunnicliffe and Forde would all be good enough to play in L1 but they've all had horrendous injury records with us. Big shame.

I'll be mostly sad about Jordan Davies but he just hasn't kicked on and claimed a place this season. two years ago he was one of the best players in the National League but hasn't come on since a bad injury last year.

Young, Tozer and Dalby would be decent signings in the NL and possibly have something to offer in L2. Dalby doesn't really suit our system but I do think there is a good player there and hes only 24.
I must admit, when I saw Hayden there I instantly thought 'we'll have him!' especially given the obvious area we're going to look to strengthen. Always rated him. If he's constantly crocked though I wouldn't be arsed, we had enough of that a few years ago. It is a big shame when injuries hurt careers like that.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I must admit, when I saw Hayden there I instantly thought 'we'll have him!' especially given the obvious area we're going to look to strengthen. Always rated him. If he's constantly crocked though I wouldn't be arsed, we had enough of that a few years ago. It is a big shame when injuries hurt careers like that.

Yeah it's a huge shame how things have turned out for him. First half of last season he was absolutely immense in both boxes.

He's still only 27 so maybe time for him to overcome his injury problems, but probably won't be with us.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Davies and Dalby are under contract, but I can see us offloading both.

Davies needs a fresh start away from Wrexham. Things have just gone horribly for him here on and off the pitch, do feel for him as I felt he'd have climbed the leagues with us. Hope he can revive his career elsewhere and go some way to realising the potential he had. I think he can do it, he needs minutes but as we have Elliott Lee that isn't happening here.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Aaron Hayden of Wretsum and Elliot Watt of Salford are rumoured to both be on their way to us in the summer.

They have both played for us before so we're well aware of the qualities they've got, just unsure about Haydens injury record.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Carlisle splashing the cash already. Title charge incoming.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Carlisle splashing the cash already. Title charge incoming.

I don't think that will concern you next season.

Do Forest Green still have any good players left there from your promotion season? You had many quality players that made us look like mugs back when we were hopeless.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Not many. Moore-Taylor is still decent but injury prone and Stevens is still here but he's crocked and not the same player, Bernard was a back up when we went up but isn't the best. That's it, everyone else has gone.

As for the rest, do we have any good players? Well we finished 17 points adrift of 23rd in L1 with even less points then you've got this year and are now almost certainly finishing bottom of L2. If they're good they aren't fucking showing it, even under a top class manager like Cotterill.

I suppose a few L2 clubs might come in for Inniss, McCann, Osadebe & McAllister. Possibly Doidge too. Tbh I'm not bothered if the whole squad leave.

Last edited:

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

I'd definitely take a risk on Davies, cracking player if you can get him back to his best. I'm discounting the three you've said are good enough for L1 because I can't see us paying their wages and I don't want injury prone players so Young is probably the one I'd want most out of that list. Experienced head in the middle of the park, does all the basics well and doesn't shy out of a bit of graft. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul in the middle of the park besides Curtis Thompson. Him and Young together form the basis of a very solid L2 midfield and allow you to play a three with a more creative type in there. Would be delighted with Young if he'd come over this way, I don't see him as a necessarily unrealistic signing either.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Could be one or two decent pick ups available for League Two clubs from us in the summer. Not sure Ryan Croasdale will be offered a new deal, he's started to be phased out a bit for us in League Two so don't think he'd get much of a shot in League One. He's been brilliant for us in the NL and this league. Not the best on the ball but a great steady eddy, work horse and a leader in the middle. I reckon he's better than Luke Young. Could see him at a Barrow type of team if they don't go up. I think DM is a position we'll be looking at most for needed improvement for the League One step up.

I also reckon Myles Hippolyte and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans will be released, not sure they're League One players but shouldn't be short of offers in this league.

Sarcevic could be one for a willy waving team, top player at this level, I think we'll offer him another deal but at 32, if he could get a longer deal elsewhere he could be goer as he is out of contract.

Madden in a a similar boat but like to think he'll stay for another year in L1, if not I think he said he wants to finish his career back in Ireland.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I'd definitely take a risk on Davies, cracking player if you can get him back to his best. I'm discounting the three you've said are good enough for L1 because I can't see us paying their wages and I don't want injury prone players so Young is probably the one I'd want most out of that list. Experienced head in the middle of the park, does all the basics well and doesn't shy out of a bit of graft. I'm hoping for a complete overhaul in the middle of the park besides Curtis Thompson. Him and Young together form the basis of a very solid L2 midfield and allow you to play a three with a more creative type in there. Would be delighted with Young if he'd come over the his way, I don't see him as a necessarily unrealistic signing either.

No I think with the connection between Young and Pearson I could see him signing for you. Would be a good move for him as well. As honest a pro as you'll ever see. Takes a good corner too.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Could be one or two decent pick ups available for League Two clubs from us in the summer. Not sure Ryan Croasdale will be offered a new deal, he's started to be phased out a bit for us in League Two so don't think he'd get much of a shot in League One. He's been brilliant for us in the NL and this league. Not the best on the ball but a great steady eddy, work horse and a leader in the middle. I reckon he's better than Luke Young. Could see him at a Barrow type of team if they don't go up. I think DM is a position we'll be looking at most for needed improvement for the League One step up.

I also reckon Myles Hippolyte and Connor Lemonheigh-Evans will be released, not sure they're League One players but shouldn't be short of offers in this league.

Sarcevic could be one for a willy waving team, top player at this level, I think we'll offer him another deal but at 32, if he could get a longer deal elsewhere he could be goer as he is out of contract.

Madden in a a similar boat but like to think he'll stay for another year in L1, if not I think he said he wants to finish his career back in Ireland.

I'm sure we'd gladly take any of Hippolyte, Sarcevic and Madden.

Sarcevic has played for 4 clubs at L2 level in his career and all 4 have got promoted with him there.

Is Hippolyte injury prone? Is that why he'll be getting released?

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town

I like Croasdale yeah, however I'd take Young over him as I think he's better technically from what I've seen and a bit more of an Artell player. Curtis Thompson and Croasdale isn't as balanced as Thompson and Young in my opinion. Croasdale a few years younger though admittedly.

What's the craic with Rydel? He's been out all season, until recently hasn't he? Would he have been first choice otherwise? And is he on a deal for next year and if not is he likely to be offered one?

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon

We are already talking to the Lemon

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Rumours that all of our senior keepers are injured and there's an emergency loan on the way as our only fit keeper is a 17 year old.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I'm sure we'd gladly take any of Hippolyte, Sarcevic and Madden.

Sarcevic has played for 4 clubs at L2 level in his career and all 4 have got promoted with him there.

Is Hippolyte injury prone? Is that why he'll be getting released?
Sarcevic is a great player at this level. I think we'd like to keep him and certain we'll offer something but it's one of those situations where with him it'll be another club may offer him longer than we do etc. As it often does with lower league players, location could play a part, he's a local lad so it'd probably be have to be a good offer in terms of money and contract length to get him but he's out of contract so it's up in the air.

Hippolyte has had an injury hit season but I wouldn't say that's why he'd be released (by the way, my above post is just my opinion on the potential released list for us, maybe the club have other ideas). Just not sure he's League One level, I think we're going to have to make improvements going up a step so someone like Hippolyte's who's contract is up is someone who may be sacrificed to make space for us to improve

I like Croasdale yeah, however I'd take Young over him as I think he's better technically from what I've seen and a bit more of an Artell player. Curtis Thompson and Croasdale isn't as balanced as Thompson and Young in my opinion. Croasdale a few years younger though admittedly.

What's the craic with Rydel? He's been out all season, until recently hasn't he? Would he have been first choice otherwise? And is he on a deal for next year and if not is he likely to be offered one?
Rydel did his ACL in early September and has recently been talking about his recovery and being ready for pre-season. I think he would be first choice LWB without a doubt, he's a great left wing back and was improving all the time at his age. Hopefully the injury doesn't stunt that. I think his contract is officially up at the end of this season but I'm pretty certain he'll be with us next season the way he was talking about getting into pre-season with the lads etc. I certainly hope he's still here.
We are already talking to the Lemon
Wouldn't surprise me. Done well with us since he came back in Jan and has covered numerous positions to try and offset injury problems in our squad. Scored some good goals too, definitley his best spell with us since he joined in summer 2022, you guys definitley put some confidence back in him but I'm not completely sold on him as a great player at L2 level so I wouldn't be surprised to see us release him with us going up to L1 and of course you would be an obvious destination for him since he enjoyed his time with you and thrived.

Another one for a L2 club next season may be Jack Stretton, probably on a loan, he did his ACL in pre-season so hasn't been seen all season and dipping his toe back in to L2 to get back up to speed could be a goer. Decent striker, always seemed to have a good eye for knicking a goal, disappointed we didn't get the chance to see how he developed further this season.

All speculation this on my part and some of the lads I'm talking about still have jobs to do to help cross the t's and dot the i's to promotion and then go for the title.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Rydel did his ACL in early September and has recently been talking about his recovery and being ready for pre-season. I think he would be first choice LWB without a doubt, he's a great left wing back and was improving all the time at his age. Hopefully the injury doesn't stunt that. I think his contract is officially up at the end of this season but I'm pretty certain he'll be with us next season the way he was talking about getting into pre-season with the lads etc. I certainly hope he's still here.
Cheers. Definitely an element of risk on Stockport's part in terms of how this one plays out but was the kind of response I expected. You'll probably offer Rydel a one or two year deal with an option, I'd imagine. The reason I asked is because I knew Touray is on a two year deal, who is a solid L2 player but not sure if he's good enough for L1. You guys will know better on that than me though.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Cheers. Definitely an element of risk on Stockport's part in terms of how this one plays out but was the kind of response I expected. You'll probably offer Rydel a one or two year deal with an option, I'd imagine. The reason I asked is because I knew Touray is on a two year deal, who is a solid L2 player but not sure if he's good enough for L1. You guys will know better on that than me though.
Touray was originally brought in to play LCB in a three but was absolutely terrible at it and that was aborted after a couple of months.

He’s been back playing LB/LWB since October time but not really impressing there either.

It might be the case that we keep both but still make a signing in that area.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Touray was originally brought in to play LCB in a three but was absolutely terrible at it and that was aborted after a couple of months.

He’s been back playing LB/LWB since October time but not really impressing there either.

It might be the case that we keep both but still make a signing in that area.
Wouldn't rule out a Bristow permanent IMO. Obviously not settled in the States, looked decent I reckon and still at a good age. Rydel, Bristow and Touray is solid LB/LWB stuff.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Wouldn't rule out a Bristow permanent IMO. Obviously not settled in the States, looked decent I reckon and still at a good age. Rydel, Bristow and Touray is solid LB/LWB stuff.
I’d be very surprised.

When we signed him DC commented about Bristow needing to improve his defending if he wants to play higher than L2. He made the same comments again after Tuesday’s game.

With question marks over Touray and Rydel we need someone proven at L1 level.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I’d be very surprised.

When we signed him DC commented about Bristow needing to improve his defending if he wants to play higher than L2. He made the same comments again after Tuesday’s game.

With question marks over Touray and Rydel we need someone proven at L1 level.
Yep so if Touray is contracted will Rydel get chopped? Is kind of what I was getting at. Bit of headscratcher for DC or a costly exercise for the owners. I think the most likely/logical scenario is Touray gets paid up and is on his way going off what you've said in your previous post?

Anyway, quite why I've decided to not just weigh in on but start a Stockport left back/wing back debate, I don't know. We won't end up with any of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yorkshire Amber
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!