League Two Club Ownership Thread

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Oh, I with you regarding jpeg sales but that's not all they do. Crypto-currency trading gets a look in as well...I would imagine they are buying right now as the value has tanked recently. There is also a sports betting/ analytics man involved.

They did have to lodge 2 years worth of finances before being allowed to take over the club but as they are unknown to us, and speak American which does tend to grate, we are all a bit wary but so far they seem OK.

Casey

I understand that Crawley Town F.C. are now sponsoring your fan podcast. Funnily enough they got an interview with the Chairman and didn’t once ask him about NFTs, Crypto or anything much financial. Seems like a totally normal set-up between the club and the voice of the fans. In other news, there are no tanks in Baghdad…

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
I understand that Crawley Town F.C. are now sponsoring your fan podcast. Funnily enough they got an interview with the Chairman and didn’t once ask him about NFTs, Crypto or anything much financial. Seems like a totally normal set-up between the club and the voice of the fans. In other news, there are no tanks in Baghdad…
We don't have a fan podcast...as far as I know.

There was an interview with Preston Johnson by a podcast the other day (I haven't listened to it so ' no comment') but that was run by a Hartlepool fan who lives in Scotland.

He did come onto the Crawley fans forum and ask if we had any questions we wanted asked. I did say to ask about Yems investigation and how much influence buyers of a NFT would have but I've no idea if they asked him.

Casey

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I know we're no longer in this league, but using the thread as an update for those interested.

We gave one of the young players(don't tell Northampton) his debut and released him a week later
Our Physio and other backroom staff have gone to our friends up the M180
We still haven't paid off the EFL Loan
No news from our new CEO or "Fan on the board" about plans for next season
We've turned down 2 offers to buy the club(unconfirmed)
The Holding company who "funds" SUFC and has seperated the ground from the club has taken a mortgage out on Glanford Park, presumably to fund SUFC for next season.
The Holding Company has been loaned money by another Listed Company, Property 2 or something, Set up 2 years ago with £5 Capital. Property 2 have never published accounts.

So all perfectly normal here...
Sounds an utter mess mate & a bit like Pools a few seasons ago.
The club being loaned money by,well fuck knows who really,accounts etc not shown.
Our saving grace was the ground being owned by the council,if it wasn’t,there’d be houses there now & we’d have long ceased to exist.
But you haven’t even got that to save you,I do really fear for Scunny.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII

Its staggering that the building work started 8 years ago and yet we actually have less than what we started with really. The greed of so many people forever costing our club is still so gutting.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Sounds an utter mess mate & a bit like Pools a few seasons ago.
The club being loaned money by,well fuck knows who really,accounts etc not shown.
Our saving grace was the ground being owned by the council,if it wasn’t,there’d be houses there now & we’d have long ceased to exist.
But you haven’t even got that to save you,I do really fear for Scunny.
Someone has been down to the ground and posted pictures of building work, depending on who you believe it’s improvements or they’re building something on the car park (Not seen as I live about 50 miles from Scunny).

Our fans are in two camps, the “Coffee Morning” types who have paid for next season and don’t care that we will slide through the National league as long as they can moan and whine together and those who saw it coming at various stages and are adopting the Port Vale fans idea.

When the money runs out from the loans we’re gone, and any phoenix club will out at Bottesford or Brigg.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club

The news all County fans have been waiting to hear, Stott's investments have been turned into equity. This alongside a 250-year lease on the (council-owned) stadium... couldn't have imagined this less than a decade ago we were forced to go part-time after falling into regional football (... and that was just a few seasons after playing league games against half the current Premier League). Mental

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Donny getting a hand out from their local council again.

It is pleasing therefore to confirm during the financial year to June 2021 that the club made a small operational profit of £90,000 - excluding player trading and compensation from the departure of coaching staff but including grants from the EFL and Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council, and rates reductions.

It'll be interesting to see what their budget is, having tried and failed with a team of loan players in the last couple of years.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland

It is pleasing therefore to confirm during the financial year to June 2021 that the club made a small operational profit of £90,000 - excluding player trading and compensation from the departure of coaching staff but including grants from the EFL and Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council, and rates reductions.

It'll be interesting to see what their budget is, having tried and failed with a team of loan players in the last couple of years.
Any Club that doesn’t take advantage of grants on offer are foolish. Darren Moore basically put us in the position of having loans, he did it at Wednesday last season. Wellens came in and made a complete pigs ear of the transfer market last summer. This season we have let go/ moved on the players who wouldn’t put a shift in, only player to leave that we wanted being Bostock. So far we have made 3 permanent signings, the maximum amount of loans McSheffrey wants is 3 so the majority of the squad will be our own. As a club we basically don’t need the owner to put their hand in their pocket, the article you are quoting has issues of Covid and HMRC involved, the budget will be £1.5m bigger this season than last, last season’s budget was in the top 10 of League One. Basically we have zero debt, all previous loans from the owner have been turned into shares.

Hans Depp

Reaction score
Supports
FC Basel
On the Swindon forum The Town End the Swindon fans are starting to turn on their owner Clem Morfuni.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
High scoring League 2 today

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Hmm announced at 10pm on a Sunday night, we have a new CEO co-chairman. As Scally looks to step away.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Hmm announced at 10pm on a Sunday night, we have a new CEO co-chairman. As Scally looks to step away.

'Can we have a few words for the website Paul'?

- Hands in a million word dissertation.

Thought my phone was going to run out of battery scrolling down the screen. I see the new fella was involved in horse racing, probably knows Lee Power.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
'Can we have a few words for the website Paul'?

- Hands in a million word dissertation.

Thought my phone was going to run out of battery scrolling down the screen. I see the new fella was involved in horse racing, probably knows Lee Power.
Fucking hell I hope he didn’t know Power

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
It's potentially a monumental time in the history of the club with this news. For a lot of Gills fans, myself included, Scally as owner is all we've ever known as he's been in post since 1995.

He has made mistakes, he isn't the greatest PR man in the world, but for me his biggest failing has been not having deep enough pockets to deal with the finances required for the modern game. Which, contrary to our dickhead element's thought process, is not actually his fault. He should've accepted investment opportunities if they were forthcoming before this, but his schtick has always been that he wanted to retain a control over the club despite any finance being pumped in.

Scally is a belligerent, single-minded, thrifty owner, but one who has NEVER put the existence of the club at risk in his 27 years. When I think of how many terrible owners out there of other clubs it puts his tenure into complete focus, and while in an ideal world he would've found a rich fan to take us onwards as Brighton and Brentford have, there's never the guarantee that a new owner means a prosperous future.

I think it's absolutely disgraceful how he has been treated on a personal basis, with his family being abused on a regular basis in the street, to his property being a target for vandalism, to a certain group making going to games an uncomfortable experience with their vitriol and aggressive behaviour towards fans who don't demand Paul to be hung, drawn and quartered as they do. The sad thing is, they see this as a 'win'. They've essentially abused and bullied a man who for a quarter of a century has allowed us to have a club to support, and a league one at that, so much so that he's been forced to take time away to essentially get his health back. It's a bit sickening really. The same pricks will still be at games sadly, and now they've seen their abusive behaviour have (in their eyes) a positive result, who will they go after next?

At the club, there are 50 things that could easily be done to improve a matchday situation for fans, and I don't really know why they haven't been done - although I sort of understand it in a sense as Paul obviously didn't really have the heart for it since Covid. I imagine the new chap will be offered a big old list of things to improve straightaway, and to be honest a lot of them are simple crowd-pleasers. Things like re-uniting the womens team to be a part of the club again, or making sure we have enough kiosk staff on a matchday, or being commerically savvy enough to have someone selling baseball caps on a sunny day and scarves on a chilly one. These are simple steps that will engage with the fanbase and bring a little more unity back to the club. I feel on the pitch things are healing - most fans like Harris and the team are all pretty likeable. If we can get the off-field stuff right as well then we're moving in the right direction again.

iWomble

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon

Why is this a bad thing? More local authorities should support their local clubs better. If the people of Doncaster think it's inappropriate they can vote them out, but backing important community assets is the council's job isn't it?

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
It's potentially a monumental time in the history of the club with this news. For a lot of Gills fans, myself included, Scally as owner is all we've ever known as he's been in post since 1995.

He has made mistakes, he isn't the greatest PR man in the world, but for me his biggest failing has been not having deep enough pockets to deal with the finances required for the modern game. Which, contrary to our dickhead element's thought process, is not actually his fault. He should've accepted investment opportunities if they were forthcoming before this, but his schtick has always been that he wanted to retain a control over the club despite any finance being pumped in.

Scally is a belligerent, single-minded, thrifty owner, but one who has NEVER put the existence of the club at risk in his 27 years. When I think of how many terrible owners out there of other clubs it puts his tenure into complete focus, and while in an ideal world he would've found a rich fan to take us onwards as Brighton and Brentford have, there's never the guarantee that a new owner means a prosperous future.

I think it's absolutely disgraceful how he has been treated on a personal basis, with his family being abused on a regular basis in the street, to his property being a target for vandalism, to a certain group making going to games an uncomfortable experience with their vitriol and aggressive behaviour towards fans who don't demand Paul to be hung, drawn and quartered as they do. The sad thing is, they see this as a 'win'. They've essentially abused and bullied a man who for a quarter of a century has allowed us to have a club to support, and a league one at that, so much so that he's been forced to take time away to essentially get his health back. It's a bit sickening really. The same pricks will still be at games sadly, and now they've seen their abusive behaviour have (in their eyes) a positive result, who will they go after next?

At the club, there are 50 things that could easily be done to improve a matchday situation for fans, and I don't really know why they haven't been done - although I sort of understand it in a sense as Paul obviously didn't really have the heart for it since Covid. I imagine the new chap will be offered a big old list of things to improve straightaway, and to be honest a lot of them are simple crowd-pleasers. Things like re-uniting the womens team to be a part of the club again, or making sure we have enough kiosk staff on a matchday, or being commerically savvy enough to have someone selling baseball caps on a sunny day and scarves on a chilly one. These are simple steps that will engage with the fanbase and bring a little more unity back to the club. I feel on the pitch things are healing - most fans like Harris and the team are all pretty likeable. If we can get the off-field stuff right as well then we're moving in the right direction again.
Excellent post about where we find ourselves, the new CEO sounds as if he knows his stuff regarding public services (our school and soon to be day nursery) as well as sports facilities (CEO of the Jockey Club).

I think it’s best for both parties for Mr Scally to step away for a bit, hopefully find a new owner in that time for the sake of everyone’s sanity. But I will thank him for the good times and recognise what he’s achieved with the ground itself as well. I hope he can take some time out for him and his family and live a quieter life.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Why is this a bad thing? More local authorities should support their local clubs better. If the people of Doncaster think it's inappropriate they can vote them out, but backing important community assets is the council's job isn't it?
Go to Doncaster Town, sorry City Centre and have a look around. Place is a building site, half the streets are empty or becoming derelict. There are some nice bits but throwing more money at the football club, is that more important?

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Go to Doncaster Town, sorry City Centre and have a look around. Place is a building site, half the streets are empty or becoming derelict. There are some nice bits but throwing more money at the football club, is that more important?
They aren’t throwing money at the football club you clown, if you are going to have a go at least do some research instead of allowing your hatred of Doncaster Rovers football club blind you.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Stitherum Scally - he doesn't half go on, and on, and on...

I don't think I've ever read a statement from him that is straight to the point. It's always what he's done right, what others have done wrong and looking for sympathy.

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Stitherum Scally - he doesn't half go on, and on, and on...

I don't think I've ever read a statement from him that is straight to the point. It's always what he's done right, what others have done wrong and looking for sympathy.
Well yes, and it winds certain sections of our support up who then voice their own criticisms of him online. Some valid and constructive, others pretty damn awful personal comments. The latter has crept in to chants at matches which I won’t repeat on here.

However Scally has never been good at PR and if he’s not getting pure praise he takes it extremely personally. So both can be as bad as each other and I’d prefer it if both sections just shut up and got on with their respective lives.

Anyway the new CEO sounds good and Scally needs a break so at the moment I think this is best for both parties.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
They aren’t throwing money at the football club you clown, if you are going to have a go at least do some research instead of allowing your hatred of Doncaster Rovers football club blind you.
How many other clubs get the support of their local council that Donny do. Not any other South Yorks club, not us.

But in true Donny style you've resorted to insults, our friends up the M180/A15 we can have a good discussion on things but that's clearly beyond you.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
How many other clubs get the support of their local council that Donny do. Not any other South Yorks club, not us.

But in true Donny style you've resorted to insults, our friends up the M180/A15 we can have a good discussion on things but that's clearly beyond you.
Insults really? Thought I was speaking the truth, like I said do some research into these so called handouts rather than just spouting off

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Rumours around the online forums that Scally has sold up to some American(s), with the deal now with the FA for ratification and fit and proper persons test.

GFC4EVA

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Rumours around the online forums that Scally has sold up to some American(s), with the deal now with the FA for ratification and fit and proper persons test.
Rumoured to be an American with over $2 billion

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Rumoured to be an American with over $2 billion
Yeah I’ve just been having a look at that, doesn’t appear to have been involved in any sports before though?

GFC4EVA

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Yeah I’ve just been having a look at that, doesn’t appear to have been involved in any sports before though?
Maybe he would stay in the background and keep Paul Fisher on of which I would probably be happy with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!