League Two Fixtures - 19th November

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
Pocket dynamo Ayoub Assal scored an absolute beauty.

Last edited:

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Basically if you’re bottom of the table and the next game is against us, 3 points you’re welcome

WilsdenBantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
What a weird game first 25 minutes we should have really been ahead and they didn’t get near our goal, one error later and it could have been 6-0 I’ve never seen a team lose their heads so much after one goal.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Unforgivable shite from us - again. You can count us out of the POs unless there is a drastic change of approach - which is doubtful.

It is pitiful to watch.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
They probably think it's the actual Robbie Williams who's come to switch them on.
He's pretty C-list these days I imagine... not quite Barrow light switch-on level but coming to a shipbuilding town at the end of a peninsula near you this time next year.

Whitehaven once had Stavros from Britain's Got Talent

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Hartlepool to their credit gave it a go second half where it would've been easy to hide given the comedy football in the first 20 mins. I was a bit disappointed in us in the second as I thought we were lazy until they scored. Sorry Pools fans, but yourselves and Colchester are comfortably the worst sides I've seen this season.

Another comfortable win though, cannot complain at all about us this season. Off to Bolton for some pizza action on Tuesday, then ten days off before two tough away games at Stevenage and Carlisle. Results there will be a good indicator on where we will end up this season.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Generally a great performance. The defence was slack for their goal but after that we played really well. Lots of positives but it was impressive that we played football until the end - no aimless lumping forward - and that the subs all added something.

Entertaining game too and I liked the way the ref handled the players. Crawley will think there were hard done by but it was a clear sending off and they lost it at the end.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
We're not very good that's established, but we've got to stop gift wrapping goals to teams, any game plan we had today goes out the window after 4 minutes.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Fully deserved win for Walsall. Our keeper pulled off a few really good saves and they had a few glaring misses. Had to be the biggest cheat on the field to score the winner though.

Not sure about the ref at all. Lynch got an elbow in the face and complained to the player he thought had done it. We're a goal down in the 93rd minute and trying to get on with it and the ref walks away with the ball to see if he can watch a fight!

Watch out for Drysdale. Loves himself far more than the game.

Casey

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
Fully deserved win for Walsall. Our keeper pulled off a few really good saves and they had a few glaring misses. Had to be the biggest cheat on the field to score the winner though.

Not sure about the ref at all. Lynch got an elbow in the face and complained to the player he thought had done it. We're a goal down in the 93rd minute and trying to get on with it and the ref walks away with the ball to see if he can watch a fight!

Watch out for Drysdale. Loves himself far more than the game.

Casey
Johnson was annoying me today then he pops up and does what he does to win it.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
First win for Sutton in the league since Wimbledon away in October and our first goal in 6 hours of play. And direct from a corner.

Not the worst game, but it’s easy to tell why both teams are towards the lower reaches of the table with some interesting attempts at finishing for both sides.

Would have had no complaints with a draw or defeat based on the balance of play so the win does feel nice.

Carver

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle Utd
Salford will wonder what the fuck has happened.

We were there for the absolute taking for an hour. It’s their own fault for not taking advantage of their absolute dominance.

No we weren't there for the taking, for a short time of the match we were not that good yes, but to say we were relegation standard for 60 minutes really is the biggest load of crap I've heard from you and it's time you just shut up and stop putting a dampner on a fantastic win for us like you always do, you fucking annoying miserable cretin.

When will you get it through your thick skull that there's no such thing as a team who plays well for 90 minutes straight? As long as they bloody win then that's what counts.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
We're not very good that's established, but we've got to stop gift wrapping goals to teams, any game plan we had today goes out the window after 4 minutes.
And that's just it really, it doesn't happen and we probably put more of a competitive show. When this happens with the frequency it does, heads drop and the lack of belief and togetherness we have becomes more obvious. Obviously got a bollocking at half time and we're brighter but damage already done.

Two more injuries and the fact we need a new physio every week and have to use the Barra one is tinpot mismanagement, along with all the other horrendous ways we're run. Raj out.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
No we weren't there for the taking, for a short time of the match we were not that good yes, but to say we were relegation standard for 60 minutes really is the biggest load of crap I've heard from you and it's time you just shut up and stop putting a dampner on a fantastic win for us like you always do, you fucking annoying miserable cretin.

When will you get it through your thick skull that there's no such thing as a team who plays well for 90 minutes straight? As long as they bloody win then that's what counts.
Carver, come on, I know everything in your world is all fluffy and nice, but we were terrible for an hour. You either didn’t watch the game or don’t know what you’re looking at. We could barely string two passes together, we were allowing them time on the ball, letting them dictate the play. The equaliser was inevitable despite their toothlessness in front of goal. It was Harrogate level of Shitness. Thankfully Callum guy’s goal sparked us into life and we started to play properly. It was a classic game of two sections. The difference being we were far more clinical in our 30 minutes on top than they were in their 60.

And your idea that a team can’t play well for 90 is bullshit. We played well for 90 at Tranmere.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Leyton Orient just solid and clinical. Like a high end, expensive Bromley. The better footballing side lost for me but we keep learning these lessons at this level. I can't see how Orient don't get promoted automatically, sometimes momentum just finds you as it did us last season. They won't care one bit going on the train/coach home.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
I was shocked at how poor Bradford were. Thought their two centre backs were terrible on the ball so why they / Hughes seemed to continue having them play out from the back is beyond me. It was clear that it was not proving effective at all and a goal was always going to come from an error I thought. We nicked the ball / intercepted so many times and could and should have scored 5 or 6. Cook was so isolated up top, thought you would suit going 2 up top far earlier. Smallwood came in with a lot of fanfare but thought he was terrible also, wayward passing and just generally poor. Even Lewis who i see is often praised was really nervy with his distribution.

Not trying to just slam Bradford but at times it was laughable how easy we were breaking through, don't think 3-1 was a true reflection at the end of it. I see Bradfords home record is not great and I can kind of see why. I know one performance is not a reflection of the whole season but it just seemed like your shape does not suit the side at all.

Thought our midfield 3 were excellent and looked far more athletic than Bradfords and we outran them at times. Likewise, the front 3 just kept running, Kieron Bowie was outstanding and caused no end of problems.

For me that was our best performance of the season and it was without our best player this year in Sam Hoskins. Played Orient, Stevenage and Bradford away and got 7 points out of 9.

Onwards we go!

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Hartlepool need a new goalkeeper if they are going to stay up. That guy looks like a “be a goalkeeper for the day” competition winner.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
I was shocked at how poor Bradford were. Thought their two centre backs were terrible on the ball so why they / Hughes seemed to continue having them play out from the back is beyond me. It was clear that it was not proving effective at all and a goal was always going to come from an error I thought. We nicked the ball / intercepted so many times and could and should have scored 5 or 6. Cook was so isolated up top, thought you would suit going 2 up top far earlier. Smallwood came in with a lot of fanfare but thought he was terrible also, wayward passing and just generally poor. Even Lewis who i see is often praised was really nervy with his distribution.

Not trying to just slam Bradford but at times it was laughable how easy we were breaking through, don't think 3-1 was a true reflection at the end of it. I see Bradfords home record is not great and I can kind of see why. I know one performance is not a reflection of the whole season but it just seemed like your shape does not suit the side at all.

Thought our midfield 3 were excellent and looked far more athletic than Bradfords and we outran them at times. Likewise, the front 3 just kept running, Kieron Bowie was outstanding and caused no end of problems.

For me that was our best performance of the season and it was without our best player this year in Sam Hoskins. Played Orient, Stevenage and Bradford away and got 7 points out of 9.

Onwards we go!
Amen two eggs. Shocked at how easy it was. Maybe we’re just a good side?

BogDaddyO

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Leyton Orient just solid and clinical. Like a high end, expensive Bromley. The better footballing side lost for me but we keep learning these lessons at this level. I can't see how Orient don't get promoted automatically, sometimes momentum just finds you as it did us last season. They won't care one bit going on the train/coach home.
Yeah that's fair, not a lot in the game aside from the opening 15 minutes which was all Stockport, vigs makes a great save when we're 1 down and then we grind our way back into the game as we have done several times this season.
No clear cut chances for Stockport after we took the lead so I think an away win probably just about the right result but a close one.

Huge result for us that, 45 points from 19 games is an insanely good platform.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Leyton Orient just solid and clinical. Like a high end, expensive Bromley.
Eugh, I hate that description (because I don't ever want to remember teams like that again) but it's spot on.

County by far the better side first twenty minutes or so, Hippo was unplayable, but we failed to grab a second and Orient came back into it. Great game of football for the first hour, we had a couple of neutrals with us who enjoyed it and spoke to a couple of Cheltenham (!) fans in the pub afterwards who agreed; but around the hour mark Orient found they'd get a free kick you fall forward so that's what they did, just like Rifle predicted. I hate blaming defeats on referees, but if your players are getting shoved over and elbowed in the back of the head when trying to attack and the man in black just wants it to be over so he can get home quick then what can you do. We aren't clinical enough, hence being top of that xG table thing, so clearly got ourselves to blame, just horrendous to see an official clearly not giving a fuck.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City

Onwards we go!
You're not the first side to save their best performance of the season for Valley Parade - I must've heard that comment four or five times already this season.

As Wilsden says there was nothing in the game for the first half hour and we even should've took the lead. Then we hit the self destruct button and capitulated. The lack of discipline in the second half was appaling with the amount of times you countered on us and did so pretty easily.

It's clear that teams raise their game when they come here but for whatever reason we don't raise our own game and end up being very lacklustre and disjointed. The difference between our home and away performances are staggering and we generally look like relegation fodder at home. I just don't get it.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
Hartlepool to their credit gave it a go second half where it would've been easy to hide given the comedy football in the first 20 mins. I was a bit disappointed in us in the second as I thought we were lazy until they scored. Sorry Pools fans, but yourselves and Colchester are comfortably the worst sides I've seen this season.

Another comfortable win though, cannot complain at all about us this season. Off to Bolton for some pizza action on Tuesday, then ten days off before two tough away games at Stevenage and Carlisle. Results there will be a good indicator on where we will end up this season.

It's a ridiculous situation where we've found ourselves taking our foot off the gas at 3-0 up three times in three weeks.

Gunit

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton
Huge win for Sutton. Credit to the players and management in current circumstances. Not pretty but who cares. Rochdale will likely think they deserved a point but it’s nice for the opposing team to be saying that for sure.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
It's a ridiculous situation where we've found ourselves taking our foot off the gas at 3-0 up three times in three weeks.

No problems with it against Crewe and Colchester, but all that second half was booting it back to Hartlepool who weren't good enough to get anything more than a consolation. We only did it properly after they scored.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Certainly stole the win today, Stockport didn't deserve to lose the game. First 20mins their aggressive front foot game had us in bits and if the second goal goes in we probably don't go away with anything. Wooton in particular caused us alot of problems - He won every header, as well as Hyppolyte on the left.

Our equaliser managed to settle us a bit, only our second headed goal of the season.

Second half we was better and the game was more even I thought, after 60mins Wellens made a big call to switch to a back three (which we have deployed when needed) to match Stockport up - big calls as well to take off George Moncur and Paul Smyth, two of our biggest attacking threats. Within minutes we've managed to score the winner through Beckles, superb finish for a centre half. One of the subs Aaron Drinans driving run won the corner we scored from.

We managed to see out the remaining part of the game well, despite the heavy pressure Vigs didn't have any saves but had to be alert to claim a fare few crosses.

First time this season we've really had to dig in like that, not being able play our usual passing game and change the shape to scrape the winner, because thats what we did scrape the win against a team with their tails up. Wellens not on the touchline either as he wasn't well, may have had a factor in our performance because he really drives the team and when he's not there the levels do drop.

The ref was a bit poor, we did benefit from it most. Seb Stockbridge is crap, we had him last season last game of the season and he confused himself by awarding us a clear handball penalty before changing his mind for no reason.

Don't think Stockport will go up this season, but I think next season they will be alot closer. Thought they looked a good side to compete for the playoffs, with that crowd behind them at home you can see why they've hammered a few teams once their players get going.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Gilliead, Chapman, Smallwood

to quote Blair "weak, weak, weak"

McWilliams, Sowerby and Fox out-fought and out-played them.

I have absolutely no idea how we still have McWilliams. The most consistant ball winning player we have had in the last 20 years and is now becoming a complete midfielder.

Kendalcufc

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carver, come on, I know everything in your world is all fluffy and nice, but we were terrible for an hour. You either didn’t watch the game or don’t know what you’re looking at. We could barely string two passes together, we were allowing them time on the ball, letting them dictate the play. The equaliser was inevitable despite their toothlessness in front of goal. It was Harrogate level of Shitness. Thankfully Callum guy’s goal sparked us into life and we started to play properly. It was a classic game of two sections. The difference being we were far more clinical in our 30 minutes on top than they were in their 60.

And your idea that a team can’t play well for 90 is bullshit. We played well for 90 at Tranmere.
I'm not exactly sure what you're after from Carlisle United. You do realise that we're a league two club?

To say that we were terrible for 60 minutes is an insult. Sure, we were starved of possession, but seriously possession is vastly overrated, and when possession football is played the Salford way it's incredibly boring to watch. We scored a goal, hit the post and missed a one on one in that first half. Salford huffed and puffed, pinged it about but never really got anywhere. Holy pulled off a great save but bar that I was never sweating on our apparent frailties.

Then we all saw what happened in the last 30 minutes. From the moment Guy scored we had our collective feet on their necks and we never let up. That's real entertaining football. Pressure, direct, decisive and clinical.

Now I've seen some proper terrible teams in my time watching Carlisle United and this bunch have not come close to any of those appalling teams once this season. I mean I've been to games where we celebrated getting a corner like it was a goal. Some of our teams over the years have been painfully comical.

We may have patches during games where we're off the boil, we may even lose a game or even go on a winless run of half a dozen. During any of those moments the thought that this team is terrible would never enter my mind because its simply not true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!