Man United v Liverpool - Sat 12th Sep 17:30

Benji

Reaction score
Supports
Expected Goals
I can't believe that Benteke's incredible finish isn't worth three goals.

silkyman

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
Just to clarify were we outraged by Tylers cum in pants moment when y'know AgueroooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Or do we just claim he's not impartial when it suits us?

Now, I know you're not really comparing an admittedly good goal to clinch a 3-1 win in September with a last second strike to seal the league title on the final day.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Mino Raiola & Jorge Mendes
Now, I know you're not really comparing an admittedly good goal to clinch a 3-1 win in September with a last second strike to seal the league title on the final day.

Are you that dense you fail to see it is the moment Tyler is trying to enhance?

Stevencc

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
°
I don't think Silkyman is dense - he is just that bitter and deluded that he laps up these ridiculous theories and conspiracies without stopping to think rationally and logically about the actual scenario.

For all the stereotypes about Liverpool fans being the lunatic conspiracy theorists ready to abandon morals and twist facts at the drop of a hat to fit a theory it's Silkyman that is consistently able to simultaneously defend the indefensible to fit his agenda while also concocting strange sub-plots and inventing narratives to describe the most innocent/unimportant acts and statements that don't go his way.

Last edited:

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
Loved that. We were in control throughout, solid defensively and actually resembled something of a decent attacking side in the 2nd half. All the talk of Benteke bullying Blind but if anything it was the other way around, although tbf to Benteke he was given no decent support and Brent got his tic-tacs all wrong, but still, Blind was excellent yet again and took his goal very well. Back to Brent, I found it very odd Liverpool were willing to sit back and invite pressure on their very average defence, especially against a team with no pace.

And Van Gaal has his negatives, but we've pretty much always turned up in the big games with him.

silkyman

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield Town/Manchester City. It's complicated.
Ha. So he's trying to 'enhance' the moment of a goal, but not in any way because he's got an agenda? It was a late goal in an already pretty much secured win. Hardly 'it is now' territory.

Jesus fucking Christ. I'll restore my exile if this is still the level of debate on here.

Nilsson

Reaction score
Supports
Man Utd
Silkyman's back crying about bias towards United, hahahaha.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Ha. So he's trying to 'enhance' the moment of a goal, but not in any way because he's got an agenda? It was a late goal in an already pretty much secured win. Hardly 'it is now' territory.

Jesus fucking Christ. I'll restore my exile if this is still the level of debate on here.

It was the world's most expensive teenager securing a winner on his debut against his new club's biggest rivals. No narrative to exploit there for a commentator.

Last edited:

Stevencc

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
°
Silkyman's back crying about bias towards United, hahahaha.

Bias from the same commentator that, to use to some Silkyman terminology, nearly ripped his cock off when Aguero scored *that goal* for City.

Of course Aguero's goal was a much more important goal in the scheme of things but all of these goals and the subsequent orgasmic overeactions (Torres and Drogba in the CL, Aguero's title winner, Martial's yesterday) came after a point where commentators realised they could shout like lunatics when a goal goes in and get 100 million youtube views and exposure for the channel they work for as well as nearly hourly repeats on Sky - Gerrard's "ya beauty" set it in motion and Aguero's "AGUEROOOOOO" set the formula in stone.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
In more important news, van Gaal has reportedly said, 'For me Liverpool is a fantastic club, because I have won every game against Liverpool.'

Bit of a low blow to Brendan, and myself seeing as I have a bet on that Rodgers will see out the season.

G-Dragon

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool
In more important news, van Gaal has reportedly said, 'For me Liverpool is a fantastic club, because I have won every game against Liverpool.'

Bit of a low blow to Brendan, and myself seeing as I have a bet on that Rodgers will see out the season.
If his aim is Liverpool, Louis won't be winning anything soon.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
I think the last thing anyone else would take from that is his 'aim is Liverpool.'
They're fish in a barrel is what he's getting at.

Mr. Scruff

Reaction score
Supports
Danny Welbeck
He played well. I expected Liverpool to press more. Like I said when he first signed - he'll play a handful of exceptional matches, a handful of nightmares, and mostly be a passenger. That's been his MO since the treble season with Bayern. I like Bastian, and am forever grateful for his role in winning the world cup, I just don't think he was the right signing for United - more gloss than function.

I would understand your point if he was our only signing in midfield or the star signing of the summer but even at the originally reported 12-15 million to give us an option when Carrick was injured or too tired and to phase out his importance it wasnt a bad deal.

Now its come out we only paid 6 million it's turned out even better. Regardless of whether he has poor game sor not. Pretty much every player on the planet has plenty of poor or average games.

You have been unecessarily overly negative about the signing from the start, and I suspect thats because it was United who signed him.

Last edited:

JimJams

Reaction score
Supports
Premier League Champions 15/16
You have been unecessarily overly negative about the signing from the start, and I suspect thats because it was United who signed him.
I think it's more that some people saw the name and talk it up like they're signing a world class superstar when he is past his prime and Thespus just brings them down to earth a bit. It happens a fair bit with players that were top class in their prime, some people seem to think that lasts an eternity. Look at the people still talking up Gerrard when he was well past his best. His absence from a side was sometimes a blessing.

Benji

Reaction score
Supports
Expected Goals

Is that a dig at Fergie? Given that it took him 20 years to knock Liverpool off their perch, and van Gaal did it within months.

allouso

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool FC
Twitter
@estouma
Dear god that was dreadful. We were absolutely shit and deserved to lose.

Rodgers has to go. This is getting worse than the Hodgson days.

Mr. Scruff

Reaction score
Supports
Danny Welbeck
I think it's more that some people saw the name and talk it up like they're signing a world class superstar when he is past his prime and Thespus just brings them down to earth a bit. It happens a fair bit with players that were top class in their prime, some people seem to think that lasts an eternity. Look at the people still talking up Gerrard when he was well past his best. His absence from a side was sometimes a blessing.

I think that's perhaps his intention but he has been well over dramatic in his tone. 'He'll' be no better than Arteta' or words to that effect. From what he'd wrote you'd think he was in his mid thirties and perma crocked having not plyed a decent game in years.

The reality at this age and with his ability used correctly he should still be one of the better midfielders in the league . The fact we have options and don't need to overplay him and he is working with a manager who knows his game means he shouldn't face too many issues.

allouso

Reaction score
Supports
Liverpool FC
Twitter
@estouma
I think that's perhaps his intention but he has been well over dramatic in his tone. 'He'll' be no better than Arteta' or words to that effect. From what he'd wrote you'd think he was in his mid thirties and perma crocked having not plyed a decent game in years.

The reality at this age and with his ability used correctly he should still be one of the better midfielders in the league . The fact we have options and don't need to overplay him and he is working with a manager who knows his game means he shouldn't face too many issues.
Knowing thespus, i think he just means that Schweini will struggle when pressed, and i agree with that. Love the guy and he's one of my favorite players ever but i'm convinced that he isn't what he used to be (obviously!). Very soon opposition managers will start realizing that when you press him he will struggle, a bit like what happened with Gerrard last year. Then it will all come down to how LVG uses him, because i personally think he shouldn't be playing in high tempo games.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
Why isn't Rodgers playing Sakho?

big mean bunny

Reaction score
Supports
Wolves & Corby Town
Ander Herrera ducking under the ball is not helping the stereotype that Spaniards are cowards that were too scared to fight in the war. You'd go crazy if you were his keeper and the little fanny had done that.

Bilo

Reaction score
Supports
Women writing about women
Ok, so back to earth from drinking a bottle of wine and watching La Liga things aren't THAT bad.

Obviously we were never going to catch City but aside from them it's a case of three points in a ridiculously tight table. That said, if we were to somehow finish in the top four it would solely be because the league is worse than I can remember it ever being.

Orion

Reaction score
Supports
Manchester United
I'm still waiting to hear that United have brought back Wilson from loan, and I get the feeling I'll be waiting for a year. Fellaini is not a striker, he physically can't do the job they want him to do. You can't play the ball into his feet because he has no close control, you can't use him as a pivot because he doesn't have the technical ability to play a ball through, you can't play balls over the top because he's too slow. The only thing you can do is lump balls into the box, and Van Gaal doesn't want to play like that because it wastes possession.

Rooney, Martial and Wilson were going to have a hard enough time as United's 3 strikers for the season, with Wilson gone it's an impossible task for United improve on last season. The only thing I think could help is if Van Gaal gave Memphis a shot at striker. As good as Rooney and Martial can be, they can't do it on their own, one injury and we're screwed, and that showed against Liverpool.

Renegade

Show me what you got.
Reaction score
Supports
Trad Bricks
Ander Herrera ducking under the ball is not helping the stereotype that Spaniards are cowards that were too scared to fight in the war. You'd go crazy if you were his keeper and the little fanny had done that.
I suppose Serbians are cowards too, given how Ivanovic cowered like a little bitch when Naismith scored from 25 yards yesterday. Just don't say it to any of their faces.

I don't think he was ducking under the ball either, he was protecting his head from the flying boot that was in its vicinity.

merseyboyred

Reaction score
Supports
Leivapool
Twitter
@merseyboyred
There's no shame in losing at Old Trafford. There's plenty of shame losing like that. For a Liverpool side to put in a performance like that against Manchester United is disgraceful. Spineless.

It's sad to see how much Rodgers has betrayed his principles. At our best he had us a fearless side, full of attacking intent and endeavor, fluid and given freedom both creatively and positionally. We're now a team paralysed by fear, strictured and rigidly stale, setting up to try to stop our opponents conceding rather than to try to bully them into submission. We've changed from a team that tried to outplay and outscore, with clever, skillful forwards buzzing around interchanging into a sterile direct side playing percentage balls to a big man who's far, far better than just that.

It's the misuse of the talent at his disposal yesterday that was the thing that's saddened me more than anything (and it's been happening for months). We've got a striker who used to bully defences and scare defenders looking scared to take on Daley Fucking Blind. That striker is also left painfully isolated, with two talented forwards being stuck rigidly on the wing to track Darmian and Shaw all match. Firmino's scored 23 and assisted 21 over the past two seasons from attacking mid, Ings scored 11 goals in his debut Premier League season (including one at Old Trafford) yet they're both stuck out wide and told to stop United's full backs from putting in crosses. He's playing that 4-3-3 requiring wingers when we've only got one actual winger in the squad, and he's a 19 year old who's far from the finished article.

He's made two players in Lucas and Skrtel who he's (rightfully in Skrtel's case) tried to bomb out in the past key men in this system he's adopted. He's built the defence around Skrtel for a reason only he knows, after he was desperate to sell him before 13/14 as he shits himself under pressure and can't pass and only moves backwards. We've got two utter calamities at centre back while a superior player, and one who's consistently outperformed the two starters, in Sakho (and one who also can play too) sits on the bench watching getting nowhere near. It's not been made much of either (and it's only a small thing in comparison to the huge systemic issues) but we haven't had a single left footed player start the first 5 games, we're too easy to read - let the 18 year old right footed CB playing at LB have it going forward as everyone knows what's going to happen. He's got a keeper with distribution issues whacking it up long. The most annoying thing is that there's absolutely no need whatsoever for him to have gone so negative.

I like Brendan and I really want him to snap out of it and stop with the negative dross that he's serving up. We've a squad far better than it and he can be far better than that. But I just can't see it happening. Each time we've had a manager let fear of losing dictate them it's ended badly, and this last few months have had clear echoes of Ged's last season and Rafa's final fling. Unless he changes, it's just a matter of time until he's gone.

Christian Slater

Reaction score
Supports
There's no shame in losing at Old Trafford. There's plenty of shame losing like that. For a Liverpool side to put in a performance like that against Manchester United is disgraceful. Spineless.

It's sad to see how much Rodgers has betrayed his principles. At our best he had us a fearless side, full of attacking intent and endeavor, fluid and given freedom both creatively and positionally. We're now a team paralysed by fear, strictured and rigidly stale, setting up to try to stop our opponents conceding rather than to try to bully them into submission. We've changed from a team that tried to outplay and outscore, with clever, skillful forwards buzzing around interchanging into a sterile direct side playing percentage balls to a big man who's far, far better than just that.

It's the misuse of the talent at his disposal yesterday that was the thing that's saddened me more than anything (and it's been happening for months). We've got a striker who used to bully defences and scare defenders looking scared to take on Daley Fucking Blind. That striker is also left painfully isolated, with two talented forwards being stuck rigidly on the wing to track Darmian and Shaw all match. Firmino's scored 23 and assisted 21 over the past two seasons from attacking mid, Ings scored 11 goals in his debut Premier League season (including one at Old Trafford) yet they're both stuck out wide and told to stop United's full backs from putting in crosses. He's playing that 4-3-3 requiring wingers when we've only got one actual winger in the squad, and he's a 19 year old who's far from the finished article.

He's made two players in Lucas and Skrtel who he's (rightfully in Skrtel's case) tried to bomb out in the past key men in this system he's adopted. He's built the defence around Skrtel for a reason only he knows, after he was desperate to sell him before 13/14 as he shits himself under pressure and can't pass and only moves backwards. We've got two utter calamities at centre back while a superior player, and one who's consistently outperformed the two starters, in Sakho (and one who also can play too) sits on the bench watching getting nowhere near. It's not been made much of either (and it's only a small thing in comparison to the huge systemic issues) but we haven't had a single left footed player start the first 5 games, we're too easy to read - let the 18 year old right footed CB playing at LB have it going forward as everyone knows what's going to happen. He's got a keeper with distribution issues whacking it up long. The most annoying thing is that there's absolutely no need whatsoever for him to have gone so negative.

I like Brendan and I really want him to snap out of it and stop with the negative dross that he's serving up. We've a squad far better than it and he can be far better than that. But I just can't see it happening. Each time we've had a manager let fear of losing dictate them it's ended badly, and this last few months have had clear echoes of Ged's last season and Rafa's final fling. Unless he changes, it's just a matter of time until he's gone.

You looked so much better when Ibe came on and filled that natural role. I can't believe he didn't start with Ibe on the right and Milner on the left if he was determined to play the formation he did. Why is Milner playing in the middle? He's crap there.

merseyboyred

Reaction score
Supports
Leivapool
Twitter
@merseyboyred
You looked so much better when Ibe came on and filled that natural role. I can't believe he didn't start with Ibe on the right and Milner on the left if he was determined to play the formation he did. Why is Milner playing in the middle? He's crap there.

I think Milner's ok there, but yeah, he was horrible yesterday and it looks baffling to have him together with similar style players. I don't know if he's even got a real plan himself, or if he has it just does not seem to materialise on the pitch. He seemed determined in pre-season to go with a 4-3-3, but for the first couple of games it was basically a 4-2-3-1 with Milner & Henderson deep and that just did not work.

I think he's desperately searching for a system that can get him clean sheets and results to give him time, and so is sticking with more 'safe' players, players he thinks he can trust to be solid. He's got guys in 'doing a job' you might say, rather than taking risks. Ibe's a kid so he's a risk, but weirdly he was willing to try him at the start of the season because fans were happy with him because of pre-season momentum. It's almost as if he's in self-preservation mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!