Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2020/21

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Still got enough about him to get them above us, Rather have him here than Hartley.

Nah, you'd be happy if we got rid of Hartley and replaced him with someone who recently got moneybags Fylde relegated to the National North?

PuB

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Nah, you'd be happy if we got rid of Hartley and replaced him with someone who recently got moneybags Fylde relegated to the National North?
I was going to say he had a decent budget at Fylde and took them down when they were promotion contenders in the previous seasons (I believe). I thought they’d made a very good appointment when they announced him though.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Didnt think Askey would be on the cards.

Bentley is a poor choice though, between us and Dale for 23rd and 24th now. Stick Colchester there in the mix and one of us might just stay up.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
I was going to say he had a decent budget at Fylde and took them down when they were promotion contenders in the previous seasons (I believe). I thought they’d made a very good appointment when they announced him though.
They appointed him mid-season, but he inherited a shitshow from Dave Challinor.

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared

IIRC whilst they hadn’t started well at all that season Fylde weren’t in real danger when Challinor was sacked. (Of course Fylde were relegated on PPG that season so there’s a possibility with time they could have stayed up)

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Was about to point this out... That it was the much feted Dave Challinor who preceded him and gave a bad start! Fylde are a grim club with a bellend of an owner though so fuck em.

Bentley definitley not my first choice. But we're 92nd, not as attractive as a mid table league one team which is probably where most fan's target managers want to be. That for us now seems a million years ago. This is a realistic appointment, the aim now pure and simple is stay up. He kept Morecambe up on a meagre budget. Ours will be a bottom half budget too, but not as low as Morecambe's was on their 1000 home crowds of a few years ago. I've said it before that I actually don't think this squad is that bad. The squad we had under John Coleman was a lot worse in my view. Certainly our fans were pleased with the signings we have made this summer. I think theyve just been mis managed and now very low on confidence.
So, fingers crossed with 41 games to go it works out. I'll support any manager until they start doing the bizarre shit that led to the downfall of Hill and Stockdale.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Coughlan is a better option than Bentley.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Hate to say this but, If we stick with PH we,ll be joining them. (really hope i,m proven wrong)
But don,t think Raj will take much more there is only romm for one dictator at pools.
And he has too much to lose( Dosh)

With regard to Bentley we will see.

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Hate to say this but, If we stick with PH we,ll be joining them. (really hope i,m proven wrong)
But don,t think Raj will take much more there is only romm for one dictator at pools.
And he has too much to lose( Dosh)

With regard to Bentley we will see.
That’s why I can’t understand why Raj does everything on the cheap.
It must cost him more sacking managers/coach’s,then bringing new ones in,plus having to sign more players,as the new manager doesn’t like the ones he‘s inherited.
Doesn’t he ever learn?

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I did wonder about Hartley and Pools (see what I did) when I saw some of the transfer business he was doing. When you’ve got no experience yourself at this level, surely you bring in some experience in terms of players, not just boat loads of players from Winterfell.

He’ll be next for the chop, surely.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I know we harp on about this 'playoff budget' we allegedly have but Hartley's signed what 15 players, would you trust him signing anymore? I reckon no more than two to three have shown any promise of being up to snuff, that's on him entirely, his formations change every week, as do the players, how can he still not know his best formation or strongest XI at this point, we look unfit, slow and have zero press.

Our chairman sacks managers whenever he feels like it, Colchester is a must WIN for him, if he survives the week.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
That’s why I can’t understand why Raj does everything on the cheap.
It must cost him more sacking managers/coach’s,then bringing new ones in,plus having to sign more players,as the new manager doesn’t like the ones he‘s inherited.
Doesn’t he ever learn?
He must have a performance clause in the contracts, surely.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I know we harp on about this 'playoff budget' we allegedly have but Hartley's signed what 15 players, would you trust him signing anymore? I reckon no more than two to three have shown any promise of being up to snuff, that's on him entirely, his formations change every week, as do the players, how can he still not know his best formation or strongest XI at this point, we look unfit, slow and have zero press.

Our chairman sacks managers whenever he feels like it, Colchester is a must WIN for him, if he survives the week.
This is main thing for me, obviously it’s worrying that the manager seems clueless so early into the season chopping and changing so much. But the biggest concern is the recruitment, he has massively underestimated the league in comparison to playing the Scottish dog and duck week in week out and even the most seriously experienced and competent manager for this level would struggle with this squad.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
This is main thing for me, obviously it’s worrying that the manager seems clueless so early into the season chopping and changing so much. But the biggest concern is the recruitment, he has massively underestimated the league in comparison to playing the Scottish dog and duck week in week out and even the most seriously experienced and competent manager for this level would struggle with this squad.
An experienced manager would firstly get players organised, I think hartley just sends them out.
Certain players i am sure would like to see the back of him, Even some from north of the border.
Three CBs is a must, As i,ve stated in the past and still believe we have the two best defensive wingbacks
in the league. three central midfielders, With two centrally up top.

There are free agents out there who know there way around Lge2, Window does not apply to them.
Can,t see Raj sanctioning Hartley to spend more.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
No system, no plan, no fight whatsoever, players look lost, unfit and out of ideas. Only one way this is going, I suspect if we don’t win next game the axe will swing.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
No system, no plan, no fight whatsoever, players look lost, unfit and out of ideas. Only one way this is going, I suspect if we don’t win next game the axe will swing.
Bit early innit?

I know Rochdale dumped their guy but he was there last season, Hartley has only just took over.

With transfer windows in place will the new man really do all that with your squad? You'll just burn through managers. If I were you I'd stick for a bit but easy for me to say.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Bit early innit?

I know Rochdale dumped their guy but he was there last season, Hartley has only just took over.

With transfer windows in place will the new man really do all that with your squad? You'll just burn through managers. If I were you I'd stick for a bit but easy for me to say.
I just know what Raj is like, he’s normally very quick to pull the trigger, and I can see him doing the same again

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Bit early innit?

The only thing in his slight favour is we were given a fairly tough set of opening games but we've got Colchester away next and that is already a huge game for both. I can see the axe being swung if we get nowt off that and then possibly Donny at home the following Tuesday being his final chance

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Short answer to that is no but we need as a minimum 3 new players, a L2 experienced centre back is a priority, attacking midfielder, and another striker, poacher type.

As for not knowing his best system, he came in with his eyes closed about the job, the level. I reckon he thought L2 was about similar to the Scots Championship when the evidence we see is that its a far higher level than that so he hasn't done his homework at all. As a result the players weren't physically or tactically ready. He was very quick to bin Sweeney off to the yoot and that is a mistake for me.

The only ones who've shown they could do a job here for me are Sylla, Meyenese, Umerah and possibly McDonald who can stretch defences, a useful option off the bench. The rest of them, think Murray had a good game v Wimbledon as did Lacey but dreadful the rest of the time. Less said about Tumilty, Hamilton, Niang, Hastie, Paterson the better.

It's the Scots lads who look worse than the HoR picks and that's down to the manager. He never learns from games either, the only times we've competed are in a 532 or variations of that yet he still thinks he can go to places like Orient, pick an attack minded side and come away with something. The players can't have been drilled in any of these setups he picks every game and you can see it out there on the pitch. They're now at each other's throats and that suggests to me an utter shitshow.

I know we all bang on about how bad things are at Pools and yes it's early doors but just wait until we turn up at yours and stink the place out and you'll understand why. We know better than most how bad you have to be to get relegated out of here and this side is worse than the one who went in 16/17. We're so frustrated that we haven't learnt from our time in the NL, still really badly run and failed to build on any promotion momentum.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The only thing in his slight favour is we were given a fairly tough set of opening games but we've got Colchester away next and that is already a huge game for both. I can see the axe being swung if we get nowt off that and then possibly Donny at home the following Tuesday being his final chance

Aye I didn't expect much from the first 6 but we've lost 4, been tonked in 2 of those and had 2 home 0-0 snoozefests.

I read online so can't verify how accurate it is, but it seems right, we've only had 14 shots on goal across 7 games and have faced 51 shots on target against us, very much the opposite of the free flowing attacking footy Hartley promised us.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Short answer to that is no but we need as a minimum 3 new players, a L2 experienced centre back is a priority, attacking midfielder, and another striker, poacher type.

As for not knowing his best system, he came in with his eyes closed about the job, the level. I reckon he thought L2 was about similar to the Scots Championship when the evidence we see is that its a far higher level than that so he hasn't done his homework at all. As a result the players weren't physically or tactically ready. He was very quick to bin Sweeney off to the yoot and that is a mistake for me.

The only ones who've shown they could do a job here for me are Sylla, Meyenese, Umerah and possibly McDonald who can stretch defences, a useful option off the bench. The rest of them, think Murray had a good game v Wimbledon as did Lacey but dreadful the rest of the time. Less said about Tumilty, Hamilton, Niang, Hastie, Paterson the better.

It's the Scots lads who look worse than the HoR picks and that's down to the manager. He never learns from games either, the only times we've competed are in a 532 or variations of that yet he still thinks he can go to places like Orient, pick an attack minded side and come away with something. The players can't have been drilled in any of these setups he picks every game and you can see it out there on the pitch. They're now at each other's throats and that suggests to me an utter shitshow.

I know we all bang on about how bad things are at Pools and yes it's early doors but just wait until we turn up at yours and stink the place out and you'll understand why. We know better than most how bad you have to be to get relegated out of here and this side is worse than the one who went in 16/17. We're so frustrated that we haven't learnt from our time in the NL, still really badly run and failed to build on any promotion momentum.
Spot on.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
There is a poll on the Crawley fans forum asking if it's time to sack Betsy.

It's the hope that gets you. New owners, big noise about a play off tilt this season and we watch a team that is completely devoid of attacking ideas . Out shot in every game this season.

Too early to sack imho (except when I'm pissed off after games) but the budget has increased, the club has spent money and the football is crap. He does need to turn it around sharpish.

Casey

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Aye I didn't expect much from the first 6 but we've lost 4, been tonked in 2 of those and had 2 home 0-0 snoozefests.

I read online so can't verify how accurate it is, but it seems right, we've only had 14 shots on goal across 7 games and have faced 51 shots on target against us, very much the opposite of the free flowing attacking footy Hartley promised us.
I know we have had a tough start.
BUT its how you set your stall out against these teams, We have not gone onto the pitch with
Any plan to frustrate the opposition what so ever.
Even if your players are below the opposition, You can be organised WE ARE NOT.
Players just playing as individuals.

Players came over to the touch line yesterday(drink break or injury) and Hartley just
Stood there arms folded staring at the pitch, Perfect oppotunity to gee players up encourge etc.

Clueless

Sestonpoolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Interesting to read that the Orient press/commentators reckon that Pools can’t have done any homework/scouting on them.
If that’s true,it’s just rank unprofessionalism.
Sick as feck.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Interesting to read that the Orient press/commentators reckon that Pools can’t have done any homework/scouting on them.
Sick as feck.
He,s that arrogant, He knows best, He,s the best coach, He can develop players.
Totally devoid of realism.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Sick as feck.
agreed - we have one of our senior players Jason Taylor and our stats guy work on defensive and attacking set pieces specific to each opponent. That's how we scored twice from Corners in the 1st 13 mins against Walsall. If you don't know your opponents strengths and weaknesses you're on a loser straight away.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
agreed - we have one of our senior players Jason Taylor and our stats guy work on defensive and attacking set pieces specific to each opponent. That's how we scored twice from Corners in the 1st 13 mins against Walsall. If you don't know your opponents strengths and weaknesses you're on a loser straight away.
Yes but you don,t understand, Hartley does EVERYTHING himself, We have a explayer Sweeny
You,ll know of him. Vastly experienced in Lge2, Guess what.

Hartley shipped him off to the Academy, His Arrogance knows no bounds.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Yes but you don,t understand, Hartley does EVERYTHING himself, We have a explayer Sweeny

you might be able to do everything in the Scottish dog and duck leagues but no way can you in L2... He must be fairly short odds for next L2 manager to be sacked.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool

Little harsh here as that was always the plan, it was also the plan when Lee was still in charge, Sweeney would work the academy side and bridge the gap between academy and first team.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Players came over to the touch line yesterday(drink break or injury) and Hartley just
Stood there arms folded staring at the pitch, Perfect oppotunity to gee players up encourge etc.

Clueless
In that break Featherstone was having a massive go at Hastie and Sterry had to keep Hastie away from him. Another unsavoury exhibition of our team spirit was when McDonald scored and only a few players went over to him. The rest of them were too busy tearing strips off each other to notice it was 1s each

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!