MK Dons

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
Hi there, Shayman checking in to join the general rejoicing at the fall of MK Dons. Our club was the first to play Wimbledon in the Football League and I've followed their fortunes ever since. Wimbledon were the first to congratulate us when we won the Conference to return to the FL in 1998, even though they were in the Premier League at the time. Is there somewhere I can piss on MK Dons as they go down? Meanwhile the REAL Dons just need another point to complete their humiliation of the wanker who stole their club. I'll bet they're absolutely bouncing already, in anticipation.
#NeverForget #NeverForgive what they did. :woo:

BetterCallSaul

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Screams off someone looking for attention and validation

BetterCallSaul

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
This is all brilliant. I actually love how obsessed other clubs fans are about us. Keep it coming please!

The other posts slagging us in the relegation thread - all fair game and fair play. This one is just pure deperation and trying to hard, it’s pretty embarrassing. Says it all that it was posted nearly 2 hours ago and no real responses.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
The other posts slagging us in the relegation thread - all fair game and fair play. This one is just pure deperation and trying to hard, it’s pretty embarrassing. Says it all that it was posted nearly 2 hours ago and no real responses.
The ones about our form and stuff I'll agree with, it's these sort that you see all over Twitter too that just make me laugh. Mainly people just jumping on the bandwagon not knowing what happened.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Always strikes me as very odd when fans of random clubs despise MK. I can understand Wimbledon fans still being bitter to an extent but other clubs I just don’t. It happened like 15 years ago, get over it. Wimbledon will now be above MK next season, the situation is basically over.

Don’t understand why people criticise MK fans either. Most of them are just supporting their local team. They have a totally new generation of supporters who will be Milton Keynes born and raised. Not sure why people are so adamant people should support their local clubs but it doesn’t apply when it’s MK.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
The ones about our form and stuff I'll agree with, it's these sort that you see all over Twitter too that just make me laugh. Mainly people just jumping on the bandwagon not knowing what happened.
Been on this bandwagon from the start. Wankerman could have done things the right way i.e. invest in an existing MK football club or founded a new one, eg how does AFC Milton Keynes sound? He said he was thinking about all little boys in MK who were growing up without a football club to call their own, so he took the one that the little boys in Wimbledon called their own and BOUGHT a place in the greatest league in the world. Don't get me wrong, he's not the only villain, those who ALLOWED him to do it will also burn in hell for their crime. Up the REAL Don's.:bdick:

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Always strikes me as very odd when fans of random clubs despise MK. I can understand Wimbledon fans still being bitter to an extent but other clubs I just don’t. It happened like 15 years ago, get over it. Wimbledon will now be above MK next season, the situation is basically over.

Don’t understand why people criticise MK fans either. Most of them are just supporting their local team. They have a totally new generation of supporters who will be Milton Keynes born and raised. Not sure why people are so adamant people should support their local clubs but it doesn’t apply when it’s MK.

MK Dons aren't a legitimate football club and the locals should be embarrassed about how the football club came to be there.

Don't understand this logic that it happened 15 years ago and Wimbledon are now higher so all should be forgotten. That's like saying us and the US saying in 1945, "that Hitler was bit of a knob but we won in the end so no harm done". Just because a wrong has been righted doesn't make it any less wrong.

Edit: For the record, I don't hate MK or their supporters. I just hate how they came to exist and pity the MK residents as they will never truly have the feeling of supporting a proper club with tradition and values. Which Winkleman has denied them as much as he took it from Wimbledon fans.

Last edited:

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
Been on this bandwagon from the start. Wankerman could have done things the right way i.e. invest in an existing MK football club or founded a new one, eg how does AFC Milton Keynes sound? He said he was thinking about all little boys in MK who were growing up without a football club to call their own, so he took the one that the little boys in Wimbledon called their own and BOUGHT a place in the greatest league in the world. Don't get me wrong, he's not the only villain, those who ALLOWED him to do it will also burn in hell for their crime. Up the REAL Don's.:bdick:
I'd agree with that penultimate sentence, but those that allowed him to do it stem to the FA Panel, MK and Merton Council, and all the fans that stopped going in the first place.

Glad you said bought as well, most think it was stolen. Idiots.

Oh and AFC Milton Keynes sounds awful. If anything it would be a third coming of MK City.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN
I'd agree with that penultimate sentence, but those that allowed him to do it stem to the FA Panel, MK and Merton Council, and all the fans that stopped going in the first place.

Glad you said bought as well, most think it was stolen. Idiots.

Oh and AFC Milton Keynes sounds awful. If anything it would be a third coming of MK City.
The "missing fans" argument is a false one. What does it matter how many fans turn out to support a club in the grand scheme of things? They were still getting 6/7000 in the Championship, having averaged 15/16/18/17000 in their last 4 seasons in the Premier League. If it proved to be insufficient to sustain them there, they would have dropped to L1, L2 or even out of the league. What has that got to do with anyone living in Milton Keynes? As it stands, their city occupies an unearned place in the greatest league in the world. May they rot in Hell.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Fuck me, I just knew someone would think that that was a serious comparison.

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Fuck me, I just knew someone would think that that was a serious comparison.
So you were trying to lighten the mood with some humour in amongst the serious business of football? I don't buy it but it still makes you look like a joke.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
The "missing fans" argument is a false one. What does it matter how many fans turn out to support a club in the grand scheme of things? They were still getting 6/7000 in the Championship, having averaged 15/16/18/17000 in their last 4 seasons in the Premier League. If it proved to be insufficient to sustain them there, they would have dropped to L1, L2 or even out of the league. What has that got to do with anyone living in Milton Keynes? As it stands, their city occupies an unearned place in the greatest league in the world. May they rot in Hell.
It clearly did have an impact, it did prove to be 'insufficient to sustain them' as they did end up dropping to division 1, and eventually to League 1. If they'd have continued getting 17,000 in the premier league as you say then you could argue they'd have more money to avoid administration, afford Selhurst Park and everything that went on. Ultimately attendances plummeted and the club paid the price in the worst possible way, ending up having to relocate to survive when everyone would have preferred it to stay in London.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
So you were trying to lighten the mood with some humour in amongst the serious business of football? I don't buy it but it still makes you look like a joke.

Seeing as your humour is usually about as funny as a kick in the nut sack, you thinking I’m a joke doesn’t mean too much to me.

There really isn’t much I can do for you if you think that I was genuinely comparing the relocation of a football club to the Nazi invasion of Europe, even if the point behind it was correct.

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Seeing as your humour is usually about as funny as a kick in the nut sack, you thinking I’m a joke doesn’t mean too much to me.

There really isn’t much I can do for you if you think that I was genuinely comparing the relocation of a football club to the Nazi invasion of Europe, even if the point behind it was correct.
Sorry, no.

Like it or not, you did compare the two. You did it when you said "that's like us saying [something stupid about Hitler]". There's nothing about what I 'think' you 'genuinely' did, you did it.

What we seem to be arguing about, it just how serious you were. Lets go with your current line, that you weren't serious. That means you told someone we couldn't 'forgive' the relocation of a football club because it was too serious, and then made a spurious comment about the Nazis. That makes you an idiot.

In the most recent post that I've quoted, you say "the point behind it was correct". That suggests you still think you made a valid point, which makes you an idiot. Let's suppose that you lost a £1 coin today. Would you still be upset about it in 2033? Or would you be over it? Because a football team moving to Milton Keynes is a lot closer to you losing £1 than it is the Nazis, and that makes your point completely incorrect.

Last edited:

Meadow

Not a lad
Reaction score
Supports
AFC Wimbledon
It clearly did have an impact, it did prove to be 'insufficient to sustain them' as they did end up dropping to division 1, and eventually to League 1. If they'd have continued getting 17,000 in the premier league as you say then you could argue they'd have more money to avoid administration, afford Selhurst Park and everything that went on. Ultimately attendances plummeted and the club paid the price in the worst possible way, ending up having to relocate to survive when everyone would have preferred it to stay in London.

The drop from the Prem was due to the Egil Olsen effect. The drop to what is now L1 and the administration was due to most of us walking away in May 2002. Attendances did drop after relegation from the Prem but nowhere near as much as 2002.

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
The drop from the Prem was due to the Egil Olsen effect. The drop to what is now L1 and the administration was due to most of us walking away in May 2002. Attendances did drop after relegation from the Prem but nowhere near as much as 2002.

We only stopped watching when the decision to move was made. So the argument above is pointless and wrong.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Sorry, no.

Like it or not, you did compare the two. You did it when you said "that's like us saying [something stupid about Hitler]". There's nothing about what I 'think' you 'genuinely' did, you did it.

What we seem to be arguing about, it just how serious you were. Lets go with your current line, that you weren't serious. That means you told someone we couldn't 'forgive' the relocation of a football club because it was too serious, and then made a spurious comment about the Nazis. That makes you an idiot.

In the most recent post that I've quoted, you say "the point behind it was correct". That suggests you still think you made a valid point, which makes you an idiot. Let's suppose that you lost a £1 coin today. Would you still be upset about it in 2033? Or would you be over it? Because a football team moving to Milton Keynes is a lot closer to you losing £1 than it is the Nazis, and that makes your point completely incorrect.

Some long old post about why my point was wrong and me being an idiot, finally get to the end of all your dreary rubbish and turns out you completely missed my point and come up with an analogy that isn’t even close to what we’re talking about. What an idiot.

Bottega said that Wimbledon are now higher than MK so the situation is over. Just because that is the case doesn’t mean that Wimbledon weren’t wronged in the first instance and doesn’t make Winkleman’s actions acceptable, that’s my point and it is correct. Clearly, to anyone who doesn’t spend their time on the internet trying to pick arguments over absolutely nothing the nazi comparison was used to exaggerate the point.

Who have I been wronged by if I do lose a quid, by the way?

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
Some long old post about why my point was wrong and me being an idiot, finally get to the end of all your dreary rubbish and turns out you completely missed my point and come up with an analogy that isn’t even close to what we’re talking about. What an idiot.

Bottega said that Wimbledon are now higher than MK so the situation is over. Just because that is the case doesn’t mean that Wimbledon weren’t wronged in the first instance and doesn’t make Winkleman’s actions acceptable, that’s my point and it is correct. Clearly, to anyone who doesn’t spend their time on the internet trying to pick arguments over absolutely nothing the nazi comparison was used to exaggerate the point.

Who have I been wronged by if I do lose a quid, by the way?

So you started this thread by saying 15 years isn't long enough to forgive a football team relocating, and now say someone being offended by crass remarks on Nazis is "dreary".

Sorry, I imagined some small leap of imagination being capable on your part. Obviously you compare things to Nazism on the internet, so I was being foolish.

Imagine I took £1 off you. In 2033, you're more successful than i am. Would you still be upset in 2033?

He didn't say they weren't wronged, he said he didn't understand why Charlton fans still got upset about it.

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
So you started this thread by saying 15 years isn't long enough to forgive a football team relocating, and now say someone being offended by crass remarks on Nazis is "dreary".

Sorry, I imagined some small leap of imagination being capable on your part. Obviously you compare things to Nazism on the internet, so I was being foolish.

Imagine I took £1 off you. In 2033, you're more successful than i am. Would you still be upset in 2033?

He didn't say they weren't wronged, he said he didn't understand why Charlton fans still got upset about it.

You were offended by that comment :lol: the internet isn’t for you petal.

If you took a quid off me, it set me back 15 years in my career and it took me that long to be more successful than you albeit at a lower level than when you originally took that quid then yes, I would still be upset about it and rightly so.

I know he didn’t say they weren’t wronged, he said that the situation is over because they’ve now overtaken MK, that’s not the case.

ThisTinpotLeague

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford
You were offended by that comment :lol: the internet isn’t for you petal.

If you took a quid off me, it set me back 15 years in my career and it took me that long to be more successful than you albeit at a lower level than when you originally took that quid then yes, I would still be upset about it and rightly so.

But that doesn't answer my question. I provided an analogy that was far closer than yours, and the answer to it was "no". The point being that a reductive analogy proves nothing and is wholly unnecessary.

I do get offended by people trivialising the Nazis. I won't apologise for it and I won't stay clear of the internet because of it. This really shouldn't be a personal attack as I find most of your football posts a decent read, I felt you expressed a decent point of view here in a stupid way and I won't apologise for calling you out on it.

We won't agree so I will leave it be here. See you next time you dump your manager on us or decide to vent by referencing Hitler.

Last edited:

Bobbin'

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
But that doesn't answer my question. I provided an analogy that was far closer than yours, and the answer to it was "no". The point being that a reductive analogy proves nothing and is wholly unnecessary.

I do get offended by people trivialising the Nazis. I won't apologise for it and I won't stay clear of the internet because of it. This really shouldn't be a personal attack as I find most of your football posts a decent read, I felt you expressed a decent point here in a stupid way and I won't apologise for calling you out on it.

We won't agree so I will leave it be here. See you next time you dump your manager on us or decide to vent by referencing Hitler.

You offered me an analogy which wasn’t in context. If I lost a quid on the bus then no, I obviously wouldn’t be upset about it in 2033.

Like I say, if it was taken from me and set me back 15 years and I still hadn’t reached the level I was previously at then yes, I would be upset about it which is the case with Wimbledon. It’s quite conceivable that Wimbledon are relegated next year whilst MK could come straight back up, are people allowed to start talking about it again then?

I don’t think I was trivialising Nazism at all, in fact I think my point was that it was truly unforgivable. I think you’re far too focused on that one flippant comment than about the actual topic in hand.

Without sounding too childish, you started with the personal insults and I certainly wouldn’t say my original post was ‘venting’.

Limerick Mariner

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
The football pyramid is part of what makes the sport compelling, the hard yards made by Fleetwood, Morcambe, and Forest Green etc in the past displacing us, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, Orient, Lincoln, Stockport and York etc is part of that. Sometimes you get a huge bounce back like Bristol Rovers and Lincoln have had - lots of feel good factor from that. Then you have had the Roy of the Rovers stuff in comebacks from huge adversity - from financial ruin like Accrington Stanley, and congratulations to them, and Newport. The reincarnation of Wimbledon after the theft of their League status is something else - an amazing and wonderful story. Those who perpetrated the theft should have no place in the League pyramid, this is not the USA. Tough on the MK Franchise fans but I hope they fall down to the level they should have started at in the pyramid. If they come back from that then fair play. We've just secured our league status after a terrible season and we'll be playing the MK Franchise next season. I've been to 80+ football grounds watching GTFC but I won't go there.

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95
We only stopped watching when the decision to move was made. So the argument above is pointless and wrong.
Unless you mean the move to Selhurst Park, I can't agree. How else can you explain games like that famous Everton one? 3,000 or so wasn't there?

The football pyramid is part of what makes the sport compelling, the hard yards made by Fleetwood, Morcambe, and Forest Green etc in the past displacing us, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere, Orient, Lincoln, Stockport and York etc is part of that. Sometimes you get a huge bounce back like Bristol Rovers and Lincoln have had - lots of feel good factor from that. Then you have had the Roy of the Rovers stuff in comebacks from huge adversity - from financial ruin like Accrington Stanley, and congratulations to them, and Newport. The reincarnation of Wimbledon after the theft of their League status is something else - an amazing and wonderful story. Those who perpetrated the theft should have no place in the League pyramid, this is not the USA. Tough on the MK Franchise fans but I hope they fall down to the level they should have started at in the pyramid. If they come back from that then fair play. We've just secured our league status after a terrible season and we'll be playing the MK Franchise next season. I've been to 80+ football grounds watching GTFC but I won't go there.
Question for you, have you been to Old Trafford? Or Highbury/The Emirates, or Upton Park/London Stadium?

womble76

Reaction score
Supports
wimbledon
Yeah and we had 13000 at home to Southampton at home on a Tues night when they brought 1000. There are loads of figures to be quoted but the only consistent drop was after the move was announced. Anyway I can't be bothered doing this again.

Gills4years

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
All I can say is enjoy it while you can, Wimbledon fans.

Time moves quickly in football and I suspect MK will continue to have larger resources than you. Their players by all accounts have thrown in the towel this season and yet their attendance against Scunny on Saturday was 9578 while your last home game v Oldham for a relegation six pointer attracted 4850.

So many teams have gone in to administration and had to restart and the old Wimbledon was heavily in debt and dying on its feet. I remember them selling Agyemang to us for a knock down price to keep their head above water.

I am not saying that MK should have had the instant entry to the league but would Hammam's idea of playing home games in Ireland have been any better?

I just have this niggling suspicion that next season MK will be winning games and chasing promotion while Wimbledon will continue to fight Relegation, as will we. Our fans are pretty deluded about our "potential" too as our gates are similar to Wimbledon and that is the bottom line in the long run.

B2TF

Reaction score
Supports
THE MIGHTY SHAYMEN

Absolute nonsense! Since when has re-location to another town 60 miles away been the solution to a failing club? NEVER is the answer. "The worst possible way" is administration and liquidation, as has happened to a good few clubs recently, my own being among the first. I can tell you if we'd been offered the "opportunity" of extinction or relocation to another town, the "benefactors" would have been given a short, sharp answer. Attendances had "plummeted" to 6/7000 at the time the decision was made. Big deal, that's more than enough for L1/L2, and so what if they fell to 2/3000? They survived easily enough on that before their rise up the leagues. The simple truth is that Wimbledon were in the process of returning to their natural level, after a period of astonishing and unprecedented success for a club of their size. They would have "cut their cloth" as this reality sank in. This should have been of no concern at all to anyone living in Milton Keynes. What Wankerman did was immoral on so many levels it's hard to imagine why anyone would try to justify it. :£

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!