Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th December 2022

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Oxford at home which is going to be tough. They always come to Portman Road to shithouse and try to frustrate us, hence why our previous games against each other lack goals. They've been decent recently and Brannagan back. Pretty much a sell out in the home section but only 400 Oxford coming.
Oh, here we go again, with the Oxford shithouse comments.

We've played you six times since you came down, five draws and one win to us, which was at Portman Rd. Maybe, just maybe, it's been six games between two fairly even sides, with us being slightly the better? When we first came into this division, in 2016, we felt that we were too naive in our style of play sometimes and that certain teams were more streetwise, and I'd say all we've done is to add a little bit of nouse to our normal possession based game. Ask Sheffield Wednesday fans how we played last week at Hillsborough, and I don't think they'll agree with your assumption.

As for the "only bringing 400" comment, that was the number of tickets we'd sold at the start of this week, we'll certainly bring more than that. We took 900 to Sheffield last week, and I'd imagine it will be similar. We have an allocation of 1,050. Our average away following is about 1,000 this season, and has previously been higher, but I think we're suffering from familiarity from being in this division for six consecutive seasons and having made a stuttering start (Sheff Wed last season was 1,850 for example).

Of course it could be that our fans are bored of Ipswich..............

geg1992

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town

We've played you six times since you came down, five draws and one win to us, which was at Portman Rd. Maybe, just maybe, it's been six games between two fairly even sides, with us being slightly the better? When we first came into this division, in 2016, we felt that we were too naive in our style of play sometimes and that certain teams were more streetwise, and I'd say all we've done is to add a little bit of nouse to our normal possession based game. Ask Sheffield Wednesday fans how we played last week at Hillsborough, and I don't think they'll agree with your assumption.

As for the "only bringing 400" comment, that was the number of tickets we'd sold at the start of this week, we'll certainly bring more than that. We took 900 to Sheffield last week, and I'd imagine it will be similar. We have an allocation of 1,050. Our average away following is about 1,000 this season, and has previously been higher, but I think we're suffering from familiarity from being in this division for six consecutive seasons and having made a stuttering start (Sheff Wed last season was 1,850 for example).

Fair play, hopefully you bring a few more then! We've released tickets to home fans in areas I've never seen us put home fans, so I assumed not many extra had been sold - we shall see! I remember last season you had a good following.

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Is Simpsons Fish and Chips at the bottom of Whaddon Road still doing unlimited chips? I took my teenager there before an EFL2 game a few years back. He thought he had died and gone to heaven.
No idea, I've never been there. They opened a few years after I left Whaddon.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

I don’t think you’ve got an over 1,000 allocation anymore, we’ve been selling the normal away section to home fans which are now sold out. The away end only holds 1.9k to start with!

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I don’t think you’ve got an over 1,000 allocation anymore, we’ve been selling the normal away section to home fans which are now sold out. The away end only holds 1.9k to start with!
From our official website two days ago:

Ticket details for our trip to Ipswich Town on Boxing Day are as follows

Ipswich Town
Monday 26th December 2022
3pm kick off

We have been allocated an initial 1,048 tickets with the chance of having more if required.

Ticket are on sale online from oufctickets.co.uk , by calling 01865 337533 and in person from the Oxford United Ticket office until 3pm on Friday 23rd December.

Due to the ongoing postal strikes we are no longer posting any tickets out Any tickets purchased will be for collection only from the OUFC ticket office up until 3pm Friday on 23rd December. Any uncollected ticket at this time will then go to Ipswich for you to collect on the day.

Maybe it's the 852 difference between 1,048 and 1,900 that are on sale to home fans?

YEO YEO YEO

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Heading to Burton on Monday. Been many years since I last went. Wheres best to park? Think theres a Burton fan on here!

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Heading to Burton on Monday. Been many years since I last went. Wheres best to park? Think theres a Burton fan on here!
On the roundabout outside the away end there is an industrial estate which charges a fiver, close to away end and can walk in a few minutes to the away pub.

SuffolkBlue

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
From our official website two days ago:

Ticket details for our trip to Ipswich Town on Boxing Day are as follows

Ipswich Town
Monday 26th December 2022
3pm kick off

We have been allocated an initial 1,048 tickets with the chance of having more if required.

Ticket are on sale online from oufctickets.co.uk , by calling 01865 337533 and in person from the Oxford United Ticket office until 3pm on Friday 23rd December.

Due to the ongoing postal strikes we are no longer posting any tickets out Any tickets purchased will be for collection only from the OUFC ticket office up until 3pm Friday on 23rd December. Any uncollected ticket at this time will then go to Ipswich for you to collect on the day.

Maybe it's the 852 difference between 1,048 and 1,900 that are on sale to home fans?
Yep that’s exactly what’s on sale to the home fans. V1/v2 up holds just over 1200 with restricted views and the rest has been sold to town fans. 500/600 or so is a fair effort for Boxing Day.
Expecting a really good footballing game to be honest. Looking at your highlights from Saturday you looked pretty good so it’ll be tight.

TractorBoys

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich Town
Oxford, what a shit boxing day fixture. Should put them to bed comfortably though if they allow the ball to be in play for longer than 15 minutes in the entire match. Feel for their fans, really do.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Oxford, what a shit boxing day fixture. Should put them to bed comfortably though if they allow the ball to be in play for longer than 15 minutes in the entire match. Feel for their fans, really do.

Quaking in my boots at the thought of facing Super Ipswich on Boxing Day.

That's the same Ipswich that haven't beaten us in six attempts over the last three years. Someone's getting ahead of himself..........

codaplenty

Reaction score
Supports
Fleetwood
Owls at home and anything less than a win for them will be considered failure
Scott Brown is doing a decent job at Fleetwood, not breaking any records but there is are improvements all over the pitch, particularly in defense. I think the best we can hope for is it a draw, but with Wednesday's huge away support it should be a cracking atmosphere

Aber gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
fucking hell, how are we 3rd in the form table? I'll never disagree with anyone again who says this is a shit league.

Anyway, as I said on the thread for yesterday's game, I really can't imagine that we'll manage 2 wins on the bounce, and we're traditionally shite over Xmas as well (even when we do well as a whole over the season).

The only hope I can hold out is that the gobshite Barton comes out with some nonsense in advance of the game that we can pin to the changing room wall and ram down his throat.

No idea how Brizl Rovers play under Barton though - he seemed to fancy himself as a ball-to-feet footballing purist when in charge of Fleetwood. If that's still the case, it may favour us as we'll just let them have the ball and spoil all day. BRFC are better off packing men behind the ball and hitting us on the break if they want the win.
We’re really quite good , I still fear you lot though cos .. let’s be honest here you’re absolutely disgusting to play against and fair play to you for that . I reckon we should just go hard from the first minute cos going one nil down against you lot is not an option

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

Last season your lads time wasted in the 7th minute. An absolute disgrace to football. It‘ll be a joy when we’re promoted purely so we don’t have to play your anti-football team twice a year.

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Quaking in my boots at the thought of facing Super Ipswich on Boxing Day.

That's the same Ipswich that haven't beaten us in six attempts over the last three years. Someone's getting ahead of himself..........
Not your fans celebrating when 5 of the 6 have been draws, most of which were scoreless because you are the most negative boring team we’ve ever had the misfortune of playing against.

I genuinely admire your fans who go to watch that sh*te every week

BarrieOwl

Reaction score
Supports
Sheffield Wednesday
Owls at home and anything less than a win for them will be considered failure
Scott Brown is doing a decent job at Fleetwood, not breaking any records but there is are improvements all over the pitch, particularly in defense. I think the best we can hope for is it a draw, but with Wednesday's huge away support it should be a cracking atmosphere
We aren't looking like a side sat in 3rd, Exeter 2nd half and Oxford for a huge portion of the game had us sussed and only fortune saw us avoid defeat.

We've not seemed to click attacking wise since beating Burton, points have been hard fought.

Injuries aren't an excuse, all clubs have suffered em, my frustration and fear over our Manager is evident and as much as I like him as a person, I don't see him as capable of promotion sadly.

Laker

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
We aren't looking like a side sat in 3rd, Exeter 2nd half and Oxford for a huge portion of the game had us sussed and only fortune saw us avoid defeat.

We've not seemed to click attacking wise since beating Burton, points have been hard fought.

Injuries aren't an excuse, all clubs have suffered em, my frustration and fear over our Manager is evident and as much as I like him as a person, I don't see him as capable of promotion sadly.
I think his failure to get you promoted already demonstrates he’s not the man for the job. I don’t rate him either and, despite the fact I think your squad is good enough, I don’t think you’ll be promoted and it’s all because of the manager.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
Last season your lads time wasted in the 7th minute. An absolute disgrace to football. It‘ll be a joy when we’re promoted purely so we don’t have to play your anti-football team twice a year.

Not your fans celebrating when 5 of the 6 have been draws, most of which were scoreless because you are the most negative boring team we’ve ever had the misfortune of playing against.

I genuinely admire your fans who go to watch that sh*te every week
Who's celebrating? I'm merely responding to the absolute bollocks that comes out of some of your fans (you included) regarding last season's game at Portman Road.

Does anybody really think that we would time waste after 7 minutes, against a team who were lower in the table than us?

Here's a tip for you. Don't post in the early hours of the morning, when you're pissed. It makes you look even more stupid than usual.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
Who's celebrating? I'm merely responding to the absolute bollocks that comes out of some of your fans (you included) regarding last season's game at Portman Road.

Does anybody really think that we would time waste after 7 minutes, against a team who were lower in the table than us?

Here's a tip for you. Don't post in the early hours of the morning, when you're pissed. It makes you look even more stupid than usual.

You can’t deny that there was time wasting but it is boring so many Town fans can’t get over it when it was so common during our matches and refs weren’t taking note.

This season the refs do take note and add so much extra time in the majority of games. It annoyed me when our players started timewasting against Fleetwood and they then scored late in extra time for a draw.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

You'll still get promoted in spite of him but not because of him.

I could get you promoted with your squad. But once you move up a division you're going to have to get rid because he's as thick as pig shit.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

I'd agree with that. Ipswich, Bolton and ****** all looked better than you

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
You can’t deny that there was time wasting but it is boring so many Town fans can’t get over it when it was so common during our matches and refs weren’t taking note.

This season the refs do take note and add so much extra time in the majority of games. It annoyed me when our players started timewasting against Fleetwood and they then scored late in extra time for a draw.
I don't deny that there was some "game management" at times during last season's game at Portman Road. I do deny, though, that it was anything out of the ordinary, and it certainly never started in the 7th minute, as claimed by one of your fans! I also don't remember any incidents at all in the other recent games between us, so the constant (and boring!) accusations from a lot of Ipswich fans, all seem to be based around one game, and is completely OTT.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Last two times I've been I've parked for free on a little cul-de-sac next to a Co-op right by the ground. Have a look on Google maps for the Co-op and park on that road. No restrictions unlike most of the roads around the ground.

Fuzzyvalefan

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Last two times I've been I've parked for free on a little cul-de-sac next to a Co-op right by the ground. Have a look on Google maps for the Co-op and park on that road. No restrictions unlike most of the roads around the ground.
Just looked it up. The road is Clough Drive. Named after Nigel perhaps?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
As the Vale fan says, there's a car park right outside the away end turnstiles.

The last, and only, time I was at Burton was a midweek game under Chris Sutton - went 1-0 down in the first minute and that was game over!

UppaTowen_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich

I wasn’t pissed? Just because it’s an opinion you don’t like, doesn’t mean I’m pissed.

Let’s face it you probably weren’t even there and thus are talking out your ass. Your lads were down injured every chance you got. An embarrassment to football. If I could choose any side to be relegated, it would quite definitely be Oxford for their antics last season.

eric read

Reaction score
Supports
Oxford United
I wasn’t pissed? Just because it’s an opinion you don’t like, doesn’t mean I’m pissed.

Let’s face it you probably weren’t even there and thus are talking out your ass. Your lads were down injured every chance you got. An embarrassment to football. If I could choose any side to be relegated, it would quite definitely be Oxford for their antics last season.
I was there, so another of your assumptions is wrong.

And you really think Oxford United are the worst proponents of the dark arts???!!! You can't have seen much football if that's what you think.

Anyway, it's Christmas, the time for peace and goodwill, so fuck off you inbred bumpkin.

Tom_ITFC

Reaction score
Supports
Ipswich
I was there, so another of your assumptions is wrong.

And you really think Oxford United are the worst proponents of the dark arts???!!! You can't have seen much football if that's what you think.

Anyway, it's Christmas, the time for peace and goodwill, so fuck off you inbred bumpkin.

That’s the spirit!

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
Don't worry Burton fans we haven't won away on boxing day since 2003 at Boston 1-0

Davidimp

Reaction score
Supports
The Imps and Spurs
Twitter
@DavidImp1972
As the Vale fan says, there's a car park right outside the away end turnstiles.

The last, and only, time I was at Burton was a midweek game under Chris Sutton - went 1-0 down in the first minute and that was game over!
Been once as well December 2019, won 2-0 through Anderson and Walker.
Carpark at the ground but it's nightmare to get out of!

Pompeyblueboy

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
That’s the spirit!
I agree with the Oxford fan. Ipswich think theyre something theyre not.

I don't want to tempt fate as we play them at FP soon. They are beatable ,see Wycombe, but our lot are so poor. No doubt another loss at Exeter tomorrow.

I dread to think what the score will be against Spurs Jan 7th with us selling out nigh on 9k for a 1230 ko and no trains is amazing. Just hope its not 6 or 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!