National League 2022-23

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Ur welcome RiftHouseLad:

Won't be far away Solihull, Southend my dark horse if they can get a decent start, last year's was dreadful. I think the National League is getting stronger it's now more or less like the old League Division 4 from many years ago.

I think we have the manager for the job, play-offs are well within our grasp like every season but it's most likely a safe position this time round.

Absolutely no chance of reaching that level especially in my life time, no ground, no money and we would need substantial backing from investors who are fully committed in running the club. It'll be a long time I'm afraid to say. I feel sorry for all the 'young uns' that have never witnessed a Darlo/Poolie local derby.

I will always have my memories of Feethams and Victoria Park back in the 80s and 90s! Great games!
Epic games, hope someone comes with financial clout to help.
it happened with Stockport so you never know.
All the best for the season.
your dead right about the NatLge, the money going round is crazy.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Epic games, hope someone comes with financial clout to help.
it happened with Stockport so you never know.
All the best for the season.
your dead right about the NatLge, the money going round is crazy.

Very passionate games from a fan's perspective, thanks, me too would take a lot of weight of our shoulders with a bit of financial help.
I know jesus Stockport must be very wealthy.
Indeed, likewise all the best for the season.
Exactly, it's a very expensive league at least you guys got out of it that's the main thing.

Flamenco

Reaction score
Supports
Not Applicable
Altrincham at 100-1 might be a good each way bet as they have gone professional for the first time this season. I remember back in 1997/98, Halifax Town were being listed at 66-1 pre-season because they had only just avoided the drop the season before. Thing was they had drawn at home to the champions Macclesfield Town and beaten 3rd placed Stevenage Borough at home in their last two games and I remember thinking I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Conference, as it was then, the followings season. They did.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
I would be surprised if we made the play offs, we still need to sign about 5 or 6 more players yet !
But Parky will have us competitive again and playing the game the right way, pleny of goals usually. We have lost a lot of our best players who did so well coming up thro the leagues now we have gone fulltime but retained some key players as well.

We did amazingly competing as proper part time last 2 years,... but its very hard to predict how a lot of the smaller clubs will do compared with the big ex lge clubs with 4 or 5 times our limited budget, I doubt there will be more than 2 part time clubs next season, Stones and ? not sure who else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eugeneosei