National League Fixtures 21st & 22nd January

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Here we gooo here we gooo here we gooo!

x9ykdgsuzc381.jpeg

NOTTS COUNTY v BARNET

Notts County look to extend their 32 game winning streak against forever-beleaguered Barnet. Can only see a whooping here with godlike-genius Kyle Wootton smashing home at least a brace.

SOUTHEND v KING'S LYNN TOWN

Southend seek to send King's Lynn Town down towards the depths where they belong, after recently finding a bit of form. Big questions asked over whether the players have got over their FA Trophy massacre over the weekend, which I expect will be answered with 5 goals past Count Cleeve's Linnets.

1642677742997.png

ALTRINCHAM v TORQUAY UNITED

Altrincham are now a bad, bad team who would usually have no hope for staying up if not for their impressive start of season form and the fact the bottom 3 have already packed it in. Torquay United are currently enduring the most boring season to have ever happened to any team, and will look to at least put a few past a waning Altrincham side.

BOREHAM WOOD v WEYMOUTH

Boreham Wood win, nothing more to add here really. The remainder of Weymouth's budget for the season will be spent on parking the team coach in their opponent's car park.

CHESTERFIELD v ALDERSHOT

Following the latest Devonshiring, James Rowe's job is yet again on the line here. Anything but a convincing victory will see supporters storming the pitch in anger, throwing fake money at Kabongo Tshimanga following the rumours of him leaving the club for a smaller team in the Prem. All about the money he is.

GRIMSBY v BROMLEY

Finally, a tasty fixture. Bromley's manager looking to ditch the plastic pitch deviants for sunny Gillingham will no doubt serve as a boost to Paul Hurst's side. Hurst is another man with a job on the line, and fans need to be convinced that he is the man to lead them forward. Only a win will suffice!

MAIDENHEAD v FC HALIFAX TOWN

FC Halifax Town win this one, based on the fact the Devonshiring only happens to non-tinpotters. I've heard the Vanarama National League trophy is travelling down to York Road in anticipation of Halifax's potential title celebrations after the match.

SOLIHULL MOORS v DOVER ATHLETIC

Dover to announce 12 Covid cases in their side before this match before the league call it off.

WOKING v WEALDSTONE

The most National League South game to have ever taken place in the Vanarama National League. Both of their seasons are pretty much over already, so here we have a glorified friendly between 2 sides who probably don't really care too much about the outcome. No doubt there'll be some form of willy waving about the amount of supporters one side has, and how this support outnumbered other London sides such as Barnet or Boreham Wood.

YEOVIL TOWN v WREXHAM

Wrexham, who haven't played a league game in 23 years will look to put right their last 'performance' against this Yeovil side, who always seem to have about 10 squad members. I expect another red card in this game at some point, but Wrexham will need to be a couple of goals ahead before it's brandished otherwise their fans will travel back to Wrexham unhappy, singing Parkinson-out chants along the way.

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE v STOCKPORT COUNTY (AND IT'S LIVE!)

Stockport to continue their crazy run with a very important win, which will be watched by everyone on here. Cries of 'Theirs to lose' will follow which will send all Halifax and Chesterfield fans into an absolute frenzy. It really is though, theirs to lose.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Done ‘em at the same time. Delete mine though mods, I just copied and pasted the fixture list, this one is art.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Done ‘em at the same time. Delete mine though mods, I just copied and pasted the fixture list, this one is art.
It's not the first time it's happened, in fairness!

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
All I can say is thank goodness we're at home and don't have to be within touching distance of the dreaded Aldershot bogs. That's the true victory of the day, the points are irrelevant really.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
I would honestly take a point at Dagenham. They're the best team I've seen us play this season, went through an injury crisis and now have got them all back.

We are almost definitley to be Quigley-less as we were when we played them on the opening day too. Crankshaw wasn't in the squad on Tuesday either after a knock so unsure on his availability.

We're on a good run but I think a point here would be OK. A win would be massive really.

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Are Yeovil rubbish again? last time we played them they had beaten all of the top 6 and nibbled us with their play acting. But recently they seem to be losing to everyone again.

We owe them for last time. I dont expect any new players, so hoping we squeak a 1-0 smash and grab.

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
We will have at least 2 new signings on show at sometime in the evening, with Leon Davies and now Harry Cardswell signed since our last league outing against Yeovil. I would hope for a very positive back end to the season now, starting from Friday....COYB

LongEatonPie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County, Long Eaton United
Here we gooo here we gooo here we gooo!

View attachment 16434

NOTTS COUNTY v BARNET

Notts County look to extend their 32 game winning streak against forever-beleaguered Barnet. Can only see a whooping here with godlike-genius Kyle Wootton smashing home at least a brace.

SOUTHEND v KING'S LYNN TOWN

Southend seek to send King's Lynn Town down towards the depths where they belong, after recently finding a bit of form. Big questions asked over whether the players have got over their FA Trophy massacre over the weekend, which I expect will be answered with 5 goals past Count Cleeve's Linnets.

View attachment 16435

ALTRINCHAM v TORQUAY UNITED

Altrincham are now a bad, bad team who would usually have no hope for staying up if not for their impressive start of season form and the fact the bottom 3 have already packed it in. Torquay United are currently enduring the most boring season to have ever happened to any team, and will look to at least put a few past a waning Altrincham side.

BOREHAM WOOD v WEYMOUTH

Boreham Wood win, nothing more to add here really. The remainder of Weymouth's budget for the season will be spent on parking the team coach in their opponent's car park.

CHESTERFIELD v ALDERSHOT

Following the latest Devonshiring, James Rowe's job is yet again on the line here. Anything but a convincing victory will see supporters storming the pitch in anger, throwing fake money at Kabongo Tshimanga following the rumours of him leaving the club for a smaller team in the Prem. All about the money he is.

GRIMSBY v BROMLEY

Finally, a tasty fixture. Bromley's manager looking to ditch the plastic pitch deviants for sunny Gillingham will no doubt serve as a boost to Paul Hurst's side. Hurst is another man with a job on the line, and fans need to be convinced that he is the man to lead them forward. Only a win will suffice!

MAIDENHEAD v FC HALIFAX TOWN

FC Halifax Town win this one, based on the fact the Devonshiring only happens to non-tinpotters. I've heard the Vanarama National League trophy is travelling down to York Road in anticipation of Halifax's potential title celebrations after the match.

SOLIHULL MOORS v DOVER ATHLETIC

Dover to announce 12 Covid cases in their side before this match before the league call it off.

WOKING v WEALDSTONE

The most National League South game to have ever taken place in the Vanarama National League. Both of their seasons are pretty much over already, so here we have a glorified friendly between 2 sides who probably don't really care too much about the outcome. No doubt there'll be some form of willy waving about the amount of supporters one side has, and how this support outnumbered other London sides such as Barnet or Boreham Wood.

YEOVIL TOWN v WREXHAM

Wrexham, who haven't played a league game in 23 years will look to put right their last 'performance' against this Yeovil side, who always seem to have about 10 squad members. I expect another red card in this game at some point, but Wrexham will need to be a couple of goals ahead before it's brandished otherwise their fans will travel back to Wrexham unhappy, singing Parkinson-out chants along the way.

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE v STOCKPORT COUNTY (AND IT'S LIVE!)

Stockport to continue their crazy run with a very important win, which will be watched by everyone on here. Cries of 'Theirs to lose' will follow which will send all Halifax and Chesterfield fans into an absolute frenzy. It really is though, theirs to lose.

WTF was that!!
I love it!! please continue

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Fully expecting Chesterfield to show a reaction - will be travelling but not expecting a positive result

2-0 or 3-0 defeat feels about right

karlready

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot (and Boreham Wood, apparently )
Fully expecting Chesterfield to show a reaction - will be travelling but not expecting a positive result

Yep, no expectation means no pressure, so you never know. But it will take a m̶i̶r̶a̶c̶l̶e̶ exceptional team performance. 3-0 for me, also.

CFC91

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield

Do you reckon you'll bring many? Clocked we have shift away fans into the corner a bit behind the goal so we must be expecting a half decent crowd.

As for the game...we bounced back well after the last time we lost and we really have to do the same again as the games start coming thick and fast into Feb and March

Think we will make changes, wouldn't surprise me to see a change at CH with Maguire maybe back in, think we will drop Kellerman who went off injured Tuesday and probably go back to two up top with Asante coming in.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
I hope we give these absolute classless tinpot cunts the trouncing we owe them. I want Paul Hurst fist pumping in front of their bench come 4:55pm on Saturday. I want Michael Cheek battered and bruised. I want Woodman's last game in charge to be the whole of Blundell Park up in his face giving it the big 'un.

And yes, I am fucking TRIGGERED.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Don’t fancy us one bit against the better sides with our defence, Stockport being without Quigley is a bonus but they have plenty of options so doubt it will be any easier. Currently without Robinson and McCallum so not everyone is fit for us.

We’ve paid a lot of dross in our recent run of good form so this will be a tougher test and a test we simply have to win with how many games we’ve played compared to others and our tough games against Halifax home and Chesterfield away the following two weekends, it really is a make or break part of the season for us.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Don’t fancy us one bit against the better sides with our defence, Stockport being without Quigley is a bonus but they have plenty of options so doubt it will be any easier. Currently without Robinson and McCallum so not everyone is fit for us.

We’ve paid a lot of dross in our recent run of good form so this will be a tougher test and a test we simply have to win with how many games we’ve played compared to others and our tough games against Halifax home and Chesterfield away the following two weekends, it really is a make or break part of the season for us.
Thought McCallum was back for you guys now?

It wasn't partcularly him in the game at EP anyway really. It was the midfield with Robinson (who would be a miss), Jones and is it Sagaf(?). With Balanta floating about where he wanted always a threat and none of our lads picking him up or knowing what to do with him. One of the most talented players on the ball in the league that Balanta, bit of a luxury player I can imagine though.

We're a different animal from that day but we've had one league game without Quigley since Challinor came in when he was at ill at Torquay and we lost that one. He's a real focal point for us.

Colinmorriswalksonwater

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Rhys Murphy needs an operation on his knee, so looks like cardswell will be starting tomorrow night

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Expecting us to be Kabongoal’ed - think it’ll end up 4-0 Chesterfield.
I hope that is the case. I went to Aldershot away and it was a comfortable 0-2 win without us really needing to get out of first gear. Are you the same side now or have improvements been made?

I expect us to start with an attacking line up:

Loach
King Williams Grimes Croll Miller
Oyeleke Weston
Khan (or Mandeville)
Tshimanga Asante

Whittle has been excellent but I have a feeling we will play Miller.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
I would honestly take a point at Dagenham.
Too many defeats under Scott Rusk means we can't really afford to accept draws in games like this, go big and go hard, we need all the points we can get before we reach that horrible run-in

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Expecting a tougher game from Barnet than we had on the opening day.

I’m wondering how long it’s going to be until IB decides he wants Wootton, Rodrigues, Roberts, Brunt and Vincent (which is mad, but he’ll do it, already has for a half at Lynn) in the same team and switches to four at the back. Probably not this one, but maybe.

East Bank Shot

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot
I hope that is the case. I went to Aldershot away and it was a comfortable 0-2 win without us really needing to get out of first gear. Are you the same side now or have improvements been made?

I expect us to start with an attacking line up:

Loach
King Williams Grimes Croll Miller
Oyeleke Weston
Khan (or Mandeville)
Tshimanga Asante

Whittle has been excellent but I have a feeling we will play Miller.

We’re a completely different side now to that day, which was really quite easy for you. We’ll play our 5 at the back and try and contain you until half time, then push on a bit in the second half. We’ve got much more bite in midfield now, but we’ve lost our keeper and top scorer in the last couple of weeks so it’s still unknown just how bad that’ll affect us.
On paper it should be a simple home win.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Too many defeats under Scott Rusk means we can't really afford to accept draws in games like this, go big and go hard, we need all the points we can get before we reach that horrible run-in
That's where we are now, should really be getting 9 points from the next 3 if we're serious about the title.

John Still

Reaction score
Supports
Dagenham
Thought McCallum was back for you guys now?

It wasn't partcularly him in the game at EP anyway really. It was the midfield with Robinson (who would be a miss), Jones and is it Sagaf(?). With Balanta floating about where he wanted always a threat and none of our lads picking him up or knowing what to do with him. One of the most talented players on the ball in the league that Balanta, bit of a luxury player I can imagine though.

We're a different animal from that day but we've had one league game without Quigley since Challinor came in when he was at ill at Torquay and we lost that one. He's a real focal point for us.

McCallum played a friendly and was on the bench for a game but got injured again, no news on how long this time but didn’t feature last week.

Jones and Sagaf are back, Jones seems a bit rusty to me Sagaf is a superb player think he will go higher but we do miss Robinson’s engine and get a bit overrun without him. Balanta for me is probably the most gifted player I’ve seen at this level just doesn’t have the legs to match, plays in the hole behind Walker and Morais at the moment. We’ve got tons of attacking talent but it makes our defence look exposed, see how that goes Saturday as we might need to score 3 or 4 to win as shown being the highest scorers in the league but the worst goals conceded in top half.

Last edited:

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
We’re a completely different side now to that day, which was really quite easy for you. We’ll play our 5 at the back and try and contain you until half time, then push on a bit in the second half. We’ve got much more bite in midfield now, but we’ve lost our keeper and top scorer in the last couple of weeks so it’s still unknown just how bad that’ll affect us.
On paper it should be a simple home win.
Hopefully it’s an entertaining game. We also play 5 at the back but the wing backs play quite high up the pitch.

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Sounding an early Devonshire Klaxon here.
James Rowe has been on the phone to Alan Devonshire pleading with him to repeat WHAT THEY DID on Tuesday when they face Halifax on Saturday. Has even offered Nathan Tyson and Stefan Payne to Maidenhead for the rest of the season.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Hopefully it’s an entertaining game. We also play 5 at the back but the wing backs play quite high up the pitch.
Is their any team at this level that doesn’t play with wing-backs this season. I wonder if it’s just our league or it’s common in the EFL as well?

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Maidenhead have scored more goals against us this season than anyone else so from that point I don't expect a clean sheet. I'm hoping we have enough down the other end to outscore them though. Going for a 2-1 win in this one.

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Is their any team at this level that doesn’t play with wing-backs this season. I wonder if it’s just our league or it’s common in the EFL as well?
We don’t play with wing backs as such but both our full backs like to get forward. It’s definitely a modern day football thing rather than the traditional full back.

MrGloverLover

Reaction score
Supports
Yeovil Town
Are Yeovil rubbish again? last time we played them they had beaten all of the top 6 and nibbled us with their play acting. But recently they seem to be losing to everyone again.

We owe them for last time. I dont expect any new players, so hoping we squeak a 1-0 smash and grab.
Yep, we're currently in one of our rubbish phases. We're forecasted to snap out of it some time in March so you'll be fine.

From a run of P11 W9 D2 L0 straight into P5 W0 D0 L5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!