National league North 2021-22

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
It was appealed on the basis the referee admitted after the game that it should have been a yellow and the referees assessor marked the ref down on the basis he too thought it should have been a yellow. Both these comments went into the match report apparently, which was submitted to the FA appeals board. Who then flatly ignored it and stuck with the decision on the day.

Anyway on a more somber note, Alun Armstrong taken into hospital this afternoon, hoping its nothing too serious and he makes a speedy recovery.
Is it COVID? Hope for positive news

AndyPark

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We don’t know what’s up at the moment, but going by the clubs statement he was rushed in for a procedure.
Hopefully he’s on the mend and back on the sidelines before we know it. All the best Alun.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
I see Cowan is making a pigs ear of it again at Telford,.. god knows why they keep him, he is clueless.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
I see Cowan is making a pigs ear of it again at Telford,.. god knows why they keep him, he is clueless.
The similarities between how Telford and Alfreton are run as clubs is stark. Both seem to be treading water at this level under clueless managers

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The similarities between how Telford and Alfreton are run as clubs is stark. Both seem to be treading water at this level under clueless managers
Aren't Telford a decent size club for North level? The ground looks alright and they could probably sustain a NL side.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Aren't Telford a decent size club for North level? The ground looks alright and they could probably sustain a NL side.
Yeah. Bigger club than us. (Lets be honest who isnt!) Easily get crowds of 1,500 ++ when going well. But down to barely 7/800 now.

Like us we are capable of 800-1,000 consistently when going well. The crowd against Hayes and Yeading who brought 10 was 1,236 in 2011/12 in Conf Premier. One problem our chairman than decided to increase the admission which burst the balloon.

More recently our home support has pretty much halved in 4 years from about 450 in 2017 to barely 330-350 now. Sad but we are losing support rapidly

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Cowan has always struck me as one of the most inept managers in this league. Telford have a decent squad.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 2 October 2021 National League North results

Att. 1,140 - Chorley 1 Bradford (Park Avenue) 1
Att. 1,201 - Darlington 3 AFC Telford United 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We don’t know what’s up at the moment, but going by the clubs statement he was rushed in for a procedure.
Hopefully he’s on the mend and back on the sidelines before we know it. All the best Alun.

We found out today mate in the bar regarding AA. With rumours flying about with Covid etc, now established it's his hernia. I wish him a speedy recovery and today's result will have cheered him up.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Cracking result in miserable conditions today at BM. Without putting a dampener on our polished performance. I thought Telford were absolutely awful. Apart from an offside header in the 1st half and a glancing header of the bar in the 2nd half and a late save from Taylor. We had nothing to fear and totally dominated the game.

And 3 truly well taken goals from the hard working Charman and what a beauty from Dos Santos! And what a celebration to round the day off. Charman got man of the match at least 3 or 4 weren't far behind him. I thought Ellis looked solid in defence and made a difference in the back four.

Happy days bring on Hereford!

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Cowan has always struck me as one of the most inept managers in this league. Telford have a decent squad.

Telford were dreadful today whether they had an off day or not dunno!

Good crowd at Marske - 890 - I thought it would be a tough game on their patch like. I think you'll take em in the replay.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Telford were dreadful today whether they had an off day or not dunno!

Good crowd at Marske - 890 - I thought it would be a tough game on their patch like. I think you'll take em in the replay.
We were solid and restricted them to not much at all, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t finish them off on Tuesday down here. Was a decent crowd, I can’t for the life of me figure out why we took so many more to Marske today than to you the other week though. We never take good followings to you for some weird reason.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We were solid and restricted them to not much at all, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t finish them off on Tuesday down here. Was a decent crowd, I can’t for the life of me figure out why we took so many more to Marske today than to you the other week though. We never take good followings to you for some weird reason.

I think it was always gonna be a tough fixture soon as the draw was announced. I think 0-0 was a decent result given their home form and a team currently in good form as well. I do think you'll most likely win the replay. Was a good crowd they usually average 300-ish or thereabouts. I'd imagine they might have been a few Boro fans at the game who didn't fancy a trip to Hull. Aye well, think I'd rather visit Marske by the sea than a visit to derelict Darlo! I'm not sure on that reason mate :dk:

Quakerz

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Things looking on the up for us now.

The worst thing about the defeat last week to York was the reactions of the social media flappers. The usual suspects coming out with their questioning of the manager, the club, all the conspiracies.

In reality our last 4 league matches have been a draw at Blyth, a win at Brackley, a defeat to York but with 10 men for 60 minutes, and now the win v Telford..

We're looking a better team now, a lot more resilient, much fitter - and light years ahead of the team that was smashed to pieces by Alfreton.

I see no reason why we won't continue to improve, I am now beginning to think that the covid outbreak at the start of the season, and the one in pre season also, had taken more out of our players than we had thought.

On to Hereford at home next week. They are not doing so well right now, but no matter what their league position they always seem to give us a testing time. So we're going to have to be switched on to get the 3 points.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
A victory at 10 men Brackley to be fair

And I'm not yet convinced were really any good this season despite the league position

AndyPark

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
A victory at 10 men Brackley to be fair

And I'm not yet convinced were really any good this season despite the league position
True, but even before the sending off - we looked the better team; come out the blocks flying and they couldn’t handle us.

They were very poor that night, made that journey home so much better!

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
When Curzon played Darlo both clubs looked very Good going forward it could have been 4-5 goals for either during the game.

But their defence was shocking, it seemed a running theme in early games. I am assuming Darlo have been working on this area and you would see improvements if have

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
True, but even before the sending off - we looked the better team; come out the blocks flying and they couldn’t handle us.

They were very poor that night, made that journey home so much better!
You did, for the first 30 mins. Then we looked better for the next 30 even down to 10 men. After that you took your chances, and we didn't.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
You did, for the first 30 mins. Then we looked better for the next 30 even down to 10 men. After that you took your chances, and we didn't.
Not sure I really understand the point. Long trip on a Tuesday night and we came out the blocks well, got our deserved early goal. Wilkin got his tactics wrong not matching our 3 min midfield as it left Purver all the time in the world to dictate play. You had a man sent of (deservedly in the opinion of those Brackley fans who were stood near me at the time). You had a two 10 minute spells at the end of the first half and start of the second. Scored a well taken goal after our back line dithered on a long ball forward fro your keeper. But in reality I don't remember you creating too many other clear cut chances during those spells, and again we stuck to our game, passed the ball nicely and took the next two chances that came our way.

You're a good side, always are. You might not have the goals at the minute that you've had in previous years. But you're second in the league based on a good solid defence that on the night we beat 3 times.

As for us, (and more in response to Dave) we spent all summer chasing David Wheater to come in and be the big Nasty CB we've been craving for a couple of years. He chose to have back surgery on a long standing injury over the summer which left us short and lightweight at CB. That showed against anyone who had a striker with a bit of knowhow about them could rough up our CBs and get their goals. Personally I wasn't too worried, although we were low in the table certain indicators didn't look right for our league position, we'd scored some.of the most goals for any team outside the top 10 and we had a goal difference of -1/-2 which showed we were in the games we'd lost, and we're actually a nice side to watch, we do try and play attacking football on the deck which I think buys managers some grace if results aren't great. So it did seem that we were one or two players away from a good side.

Since then we've loaned in Jake Cooper from Rotherham who has been excellent and now have brought in Danny Ellis from Farsley. Both of who are the kind of head it and kick it defenders we've been needing and we look a better team for it. Games against Hereford, Guiseley and other teams around us to come in October I'm hoping we can comfortable be sat in midtable with an eye on the playoff picture by the end of the month.

And in even better news Armstrong back on the mend after a surgical procedure on Friday.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Not sure I really understand the point. Long trip on a Tuesday night and we came out the blocks well, got our deserved early goal. Wilkin got his tactics wrong not matching our 3 min midfield as it left Purver all the time in the world to dictate play. You had a man sent of (deservedly in the opinion of those Brackley fans who were stood near me at the time). You had a two 10 minute spells at the end of the first half and start of the second. Scored a well taken goal after our back line dithered on a long ball forward fro your keeper. But in reality I don't remember you creating too many other clear cut chances during those spells, and again we stuck to our game, passed the ball nicely and took the next two chances that came our way.

You're a good side, always are. You might not have the goals at the minute that you've had in previous years. But you're second in the league based on a good solid defence that on the night we beat 3 times.

As for us, (and more in response to Dave) we spent all summer chasing David Wheater to come in and be the big Nasty CB we've been craving for a couple of years. He chose to have back surgery on a long standing injury over the summer which left us short and lightweight at CB. That showed against anyone who had a striker with a bit of knowhow about them could rough up our CBs and get their goals. Personally I wasn't too worried, although we were low in the table certain indicators didn't look right for our league position, we'd scored some.of the most goals for any team outside the top 10 and we had a goal difference of -1/-2 which showed we were in the games we'd lost, and we're actually a nice side to watch, we do try and play attacking football on the deck which I think buys managers some grace if results aren't great. So it did seem that we were one or two players away from a good side.

Since then we've loaned in Jake Cooper from Rotherham who has been excellent and now have brought in Danny Ellis from Farsley. Both of who are the kind of head it and kick it defenders we've been needing and we look a better team for it. Games against Hereford, Guiseley and other teams around us to come in October I'm hoping we can comfortable be sat in midtable with an eye on the playoff picture by the end of the month.

And in even better news Armstrong back on the mend after a surgical procedure on Friday.
My only point is that I think some of the optimism around that result from Darlington fans, whilst understandable given your start, should be set in context with Brackley's woeful start to the game, spending most of the match down to 10 men, and being flattered by our position in the league.

I set little store for example by us nicking a last minute win at York. Great it happened, but we got luckily against a currently unimpressive York team. i wouldn't be making any predictions based on it.

I think you might have thought I'm having a pop at Darlington, and I'm really not - just stating why I wouldn't be attaching a lot of value to result.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
My only point is that I think some of the optimism around that result from Darlington fans, whilst understandable given your start, should be set in context with Brackley's woeful start to the game, spending most of the match down to 10 men, and being flattered by our position in the league.

I set little store for example by us nicking a last minute win at York. Great it happened, but we got luckily against a currently unimpressive York team. i wouldn't be making any predictions based on it.

I think you might have thought I'm having a pop at Darlington, and I'm really not - just stating why I wouldn't be attaching a lot of value to result.
Fair enough, not taken as a pop. Always interested to hear what opposition fans think of us / games we've been involved in. It's what makes it interesting everyone seeing it differently etc.

It's interesting you're so undersold on the season so far based on the league position (albeit obviously you'll have watched a lot more of them than me). As a PT side to be up in second with only 5 goals conceded in 8 games seems like a great achievement. Add that to recurring success over the past few years (playoff seasons and the FA Trophy). I'd say it looks to everyone else as business as usual at Brackley. If you've been doing it without playing well I'm even more jealous haha.

From my trips to Brackley over the years. For the continued success you've had, there doesn't always seem to be a great love for Wilkin when I've talked to the fans in the ground, is there any particular reason? From each time I've seen you v Darlo, you've always been a big solid side with a sprinkling of players like Lowe, Chambers, Byrne who got the goals to push you up the table. Not much seems to have changed over the years or is that not the case?

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
As the only other Brackley fan on here, I`ll chip in. Didn`t see the Darlo game, but on the surface it was a shocker A) because of the league positions B) because Brackley conceded 3 times. C) Jimmy Armson was the red card. Hardly seen a bad tackle from him in the five years I`ve been watching. I`m not wholly convinced yet of our real potential, but you can`t argue with second. The problem as always is goals. Ndovu is a real handful at this level, but he needs a striker to play off him. Lowe for me is best wide and free running. Byrne was a loss, but actually last term was down on his usual level of performance. Time will tell on the squad, thin as always (interesting at Hanley that we couldn`t fill the subs bench). Started poorly, collector`s item of a Gaz Dean error, much improved in the second half. Could/ should have won it. Will be disappointing they can`t finish the job tomorrow evening, but I remember Marine!

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Fair enough, not taken as a pop. Always interested to hear what opposition fans think of us / games we've been involved in. It's what makes it interesting everyone seeing it differently etc.

It's interesting you're so undersold on the season so far based on the league position (albeit obviously you'll have watched a lot more of them than me). As a PT side to be up in second with only 5 goals conceded in 8 games seems like a great achievement. Add that to recurring success over the past few years (playoff seasons and the FA Trophy). I'd say it looks to everyone else as business as usual at Brackley. If you've been doing it without playing well I'm even more jealous haha.

From my trips to Brackley over the years. For the continued success you've had, there doesn't always seem to be a great love for Wilkin when I've talked to the fans in the ground, is there any particular reason? From each time I've seen you v Darlo, you've always been a big solid side with a sprinkling of players like Lowe, Chambers, Byrne who got the goals to push you up the table. Not much seems to have changed over the years or is that not the case?

I'd largely echo hardbutfair. We're always good enough to get so far, but not enough to push on. And we always lack goals. I am surprised by what you say about the fans and Wilkin. I think he suits us down to the ground - a seemingly thoroughly decent man, who is very positive towards the players, who he seems to value as human beings. Very different from the last manager Jon Brady, whose ended up in the Northampton Town job somehow.

Whilst we know Wilkin's budget will be very solid, I don't know how good it is - maybe if we had that comparison we might be harsher / more appreciative. Either way, we always seem to have about 5 or 6 less players on the books than many other sides, and those on the bench often look second rate - which makes it hard when the season is in full swing. For example upfront other than Ndlovu, we have an 18 year old who looks green, and Tre Mitford an ex-Kettering player who is unconvincing. It's not a forward line to get you promoted...

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Tonight's FA Cup 3rd qual replay v Marske has probably placed Bern and Jonno on notice. Total capitulation to a team two leagues lower who scored their 3rd and 4th with only 10 men on the pitch. The truth is that we have had some of the worst results in our entire history under these pair. It was a complete embarrassment.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Tonight's FA Cup 3rd qual replay v Marske has probably placed Bern and Jonno on notice. Total capitulation to a team two leagues lower who scored their 3rd and 4th with only 10 men on the pitch. The truth is that we have had some of the worst results in our entire history under these pair. It was a complete embarrassment.

What I really want to know is how badly to they rank on a scale of 1 to Jon McCarthy?

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
They're trying to play a style a football a world away from what they were known for when they joined us. Trying to be slick and sexy playing out from the back, literally every goal we concede is a horrendous mistake and then we're chasing games and get picked off late on.

Something has to change, I'd like to see them given chance to turn it around and hopefully tonight was the reality check they really needed. But Jonno's dug a hole for himself with his post match interview, basically just put it to the board to make a decision about them.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington

It will always be business as usual as you've described in your post. I think I'll join you and raise a glass in saying I'm as jealous as fuck! I'd say It's on the cards that Brackley will no doubt and should have another successful season.

They've just beaten Hanley Town tonight and are through to the next round of the FA Cup Fourth qualifying round against Guiseley. I don't want to put the mockers on it but surely that's winnable..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!