National league North 2021-22

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
You would think brackley and their 400 fans would welcome the income. Let York have 3 sides of the ground if you can’t fill it.
Mickey Mouse club.
Stated capacity is 3000, would guess it may be down at 2250/ 2500. You will probably find that the Brackley faithful, boosted by the Northampton Town occasionals, will be up around 1500.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
You would think brackley and their 400 fans would welcome the income. Let York have 3 sides of the ground if you can’t fill it.
Mickey Mouse club.
if you're going to pop onto this forum to post, try not to be a tosser about it. Lots of people would no doubt say you're a mickey mouse club - 22/24th for attendances in your league, and average attendance 1/10th of the biggest club. Erm... pot and kettle.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
28 year-old Chester Youth and Runcorn Linnets manager Calum McIntyre confirmed as Chester FC's new manager on a 2-year deal. It is expected that former Chester player Colin Woodthorpe will join as Assistant.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
if you're going to pop onto this forum to post, try not to be a tosser about it. Lots of people would no doubt say you're a mickey mouse club - 22/24th for attendances in your league, and average attendance 1/10th of the biggest club. Erm... pot and kettle.
A very well run profit making league 1 established Mickey Mouse club you mean.
The benchmark for any non league club that does not have a Salford sugar daddy.
Point I’m making is - if York can bring more, and brackley fans don’t want the tickets - let them come and take the money. Just stating a fact.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
A very well run profit making league 1 established Mickey Mouse club you mean.
The benchmark for any non league club that does not have a Salford sugar daddy.
Point I’m making is - if York can bring more, and brackley fans don’t want the tickets - let them come and take the money. Just stating a fact.
From your 2021 pre-AGM statement - "The major shareholder and Chairman, Ben Robinson, continued to support and facilitate the club’s cash flow following his interest free loan of £400,000".

Look, I'm not going to judge your club - I remember watching you in non-league against Telford, and frankly I love a story of a non-league made good in the league. But why come down here to slag off a club which, somewhat like your own, is punching well above its weight. Yes crowds are small - but the town only has 13,000 people in it, and not much of a wider catchment area. And yes the chairman clearly puts money in - but no one knows the extent, and there aren't many clubs who won't have had a chairman adding funds at some point.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
This was allocation Barkley posted but changed allocation after we beat Chorley,saying down to pitch Invasion and don’t want extra security charges.
Rubbish they don’t want to outnumbered.
Also of the 600 tickets they are split into 3 groups Adults/Concessions & U10.
After 2 mins adults/Concessions sold out leaving under 10s left.
How the fuck does a U10 go 200 miles without an adult.
They have made it so less adults can get in ,surely an allocation of 600 should go to first fans buying.
It’s an absolute disgrace.

Attachments

• 144B41C9-7FDB-44BB-99EA-6F71504DEA7A.jpeg
    144B41C9-7FDB-44BB-99EA-6F71504DEA7A.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 14

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Thursday 12 May 2022 National League North Play-Offs 21-22 - Eliminator B

Att. 3,921 - Kidderminster Harriers 1 Boston United 2

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
From your 2021 pre-AGM statement - "The major shareholder and Chairman, Ben Robinson, continued to support and facilitate the club’s cash flow following his interest free loan of £400,000".

Look, I'm not going to judge your club - I remember watching you in non-league against Telford, and frankly I love a story of a non-league made good in the league. But why come down here to slag off a club which, somewhat like your own, is punching well above its weight. Yes crowds are small - but the town only has 13,000 people in it, and not much of a wider catchment area. And yes the chairman clearly puts money in - but no one knows the extent, and there aren't many clubs who won't have had a chairman adding funds at some point.
Maybe I didn’t use my words carefully enough. So I take them back.
I love non league football - still watch it now. Buy the paper every week. And what brackley have done is amazing this season, and they are steadily progressing. It just felt a bit stingy on York. We have been in that position when in the championship and virtually every week an ex prem team wanted 5000 tickets in a ground holding 7000. Financially we wanted to take the money but practically we could not. I was making the point - in my original post - don’t cut your nose off to spoil your face if you can’t shift the tickets.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
This was allocation Barkley posted but changed allocation after we beat Chorley,saying down to pitch Invasion and don’t want extra security charges.
They have made it so less adults can get in ,surely an allocation of 600 should go to first fans buying.
It's Brackley not Barkley. I would shelve the conspiracy theories - the ground can only be partitioned in one way really - and I know the size for York looks reduced, but the bit 'taken away' honestly would only fit in about an extra 50 people - because you can't see at all from behind the benches. I take your point about the U10s - but like much of the club, I think it is run with good intentions, but in a rather parochial and amateurish way (e.g. I search other clubs websites to find out where our players are, because our own website never tells us they've left). Remember we belong at this level - you don't - and it is true we are not really geared up to handle big clubs... but it is 6th tier football. I'm not sure that deserves the tag 'absolute disgrace' but understand why, as I presume you haven't be able to get a ticket.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Maybe I didn’t use my words carefully enough. So I take them back.
I love non league football - still watch it now. Buy the paper every week. And what brackley have done is amazing this season, and they are steadily progressing. It just felt a bit stingy on York. We have been in that position when in the championship and virtually every week an ex prem team wanted 5000 tickets in a ground holding 7000. Financially we wanted to take the money but practically we could not. I was making the point - in my original post - don’t cut your nose off to spoil your face if you can’t shift the tickets.
Fair enough and thank you for the 'take back'. Nat North has changed enormously - so many ex-league or other big clubs these days. Maybe we do stick out and seem / are small and amateurish by comparison. But its a decent place run by good people just enjoying the ride... a ride that maybe over for another season very soon given our catastrophic playoff record

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
It's Brackley not Barkley. I would shelve the conspiracy theories - the ground can only be partitioned in one way really - and I know the size for York looks reduced, but the bit 'taken away' honestly would only fit in about an extra 50 people - because you can't see at all from behind the benches. I take your point about the U10s - but like much of the club, I think it is run with good intentions, but in a rather parochial and amateurish way (e.g. I search other clubs websites to find out where our players are, because our own website never tells us they've left). Remember we belong at this level - you don't - and it is true we are not really geared up to handle big clubs... but it is 6th tier football. I'm not sure that deserves the tag 'absolute disgrace' but understand why, as I presume you haven't be able to get a ticket.
I have managed to get a ticket for home end and a U10 away ticket.(think I might struggle not seen many 6ft3 ,19 stone bald 10 year olds)
York released a statement today about conduct of fans at home game saying Brackley were originally giving us 1400.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
22 points ahead in the league, with a part-time squad... and it all counts for nothing... might give up on football - that's our 7th playoff campaign defeat now and lucky me, I've been around for all of them. What's the point

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
22 points ahead in the league, with a part-time squad... and it all counts for nothing... might give up on football - that's our 7th playoff campaign defeat now and lucky me, I've been around for all of them. What's the point

Chin up lucky. You’ve had a great season. Heartbreaking the playoffs though. I take it it was an even game?

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City
Nothing in game,you missed your penalty and we scored 2 mins earlier.
We seem to have momentum and on a good run.
Good luck next season.
on a separate note your captain number 6 is a dirty bastard he fouled John Lewis all first half,virtually raped him the amount he mounted his back and the ref was utterly hopeless.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Feel for Brackley. Reckon you'll keep the main players in the squad? Ndlovu seems to be continually linked to other clubs

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
It’s hard to take. Hopefully after the summer you get the love back. Keep they squad and you will be up for the title again .

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Delighted for York and Askey. So dumb question but where does the final get played?

Tough one for Brackley but one game certainly shouldn’t diminish a really good season for them. I live not too far from there nowadays so might be a good option tag along for a few games when can’t see Vale.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
Delighted for York and Askey. So dumb question but where does the final get played?

Tough one for Brackley but one game certainly shouldn’t diminish a really good season for them. I live not too far from there nowadays so might be a good option tag along for a few games when can’t see Vale.
Is it at a neutral venue like the conference? Be good if it was - I’m sure York could take 8-10,000 somewhere in the north quite comfortably l.

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Nothing in game,you missed your penalty and we scored 2 mins earlier.
We seem to have momentum and on a good run.
Good luck next season.
on a separate note your captain number 6 is a dirty bastard he fouled John Lewis all first half,virtually raped him the amount he mounted his back and the ref was utterly hopeless.
Gaz Dean is the best centre back in the league, and is hard but not dirty. 25 plus clean sheets tells you that. The problem of course is at the other end, hence falling short again in the last five weeks.

Minstermen central

Reaction score
Supports
York City

Highest placed team in league gets home advantage.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
We're cracking on for next season sharpish. Signed Adam Thomas today.

Excellent, he was top of my wish list.

First half of season he was to me the best player in conf north,but he hardly featured from new year onwards and when he did wasn’t the same.

You get a sheer lack of info when following someone so small, i beehive it was injury but hard to say, I certainly think losing him and other winger to York was the difference in Curzon finishing in top 3 and 14th where we ended up, we were as good as Fylde and Brackley with them two.

So all will depend on which Thomas you get………best player in the division Thomas or crocked Thomas…….you should have better training and physio services than Curzon but depends what damage was.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle

A very tough situation because Brackley were a much more deserving side for promotion than York this season, but that is the play offs for you and I’d still rather this than just top two up and most having nothing to play for.

You were maybe a little bit victims of your own style…….the tight 1-0 winners great through season and also great for old school two leg playoffs……..but for a one off home match when you have the better side, I’d say you sadly leave it a very tight game.

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
Gaz Dean is the best centre back in the league, and is hard but not dirty. 25 plus clean sheets tells you that. The problem of course is at the other end, hence falling short again in the last five weeks.
We scored 3 goals in our last 9 games... when we needed it most. But not scoring enough is hardly a new problem is it...

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
First half of season he was to me the best player in conf north,but he hardly featured from new year onwards and when he did wasn’t the same.

You get a sheer lack of info when following someone so small, i beehive it was injury but hard to say, I certainly think losing him and other winger to York was the difference in Curzon finishing in top 3 and 14th where we ended up, we were as good as Fylde and Brackley with them two.

So all will depend on which Thomas you get………best player in the division Thomas or crocked Thomas…….you should have better training and physio services than Curzon but depends what damage was.
we were told he got injured and had to have an operation to fix the problem, might explain why he wasn’t the same player after would’s.

Last edited:

Lucky Bobble

Reaction score
Supports
Brackley, Telford United
A very tough situation because Brackley were a much more deserving side for promotion than York this season, but that is the play offs for you and I’d still rather this than just top two up and most having nothing to play for.

You were maybe a little bit victims of your own style…….the tight 1-0 winners great through season and also great for old school two leg playoffs……..but for a one off home match when you have the better side, I’d say you sadly leave it a very tight game.
I guess... but this weekend the lower placed teams that have won were collectively 38 points worse off than the teams they beat. The four best teams in the League this year have clearly been Gateshead, Brackley, Fylde and Kidderminster - but only one is going up. A lucky bobble, poor ref decision, wonder shot, or just getting into a good run of form in April / May seems to count much more in the playoffs, and it's hard to take after all the effort clubs put in over the last 9 months.

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
I guess... but this weekend the lower placed teams that have won were collectively 38 points worse off than the teams they beat. The four best teams in the League this year have clearly been Gateshead, Brackley, Fylde and Kidderminster - but only one is going up. A lucky bobble, poor ref decision, wonder shot, or just getting into a good run of form in April / May seems to count much more in the playoffs, and it's hard to take after all the effort clubs put in over the last 9 months.
Kiddie run out of steam quite some way off the end of the season. Did they win a game after Easter ?
I think the West Ham game took it out of them. Almost became a defining moment for the wrong reasons.
Your point is sadly replicated down the years, the team in the lowest play off spot gets promoted. Wycombe could do the same again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!