National league North 2021-22

Reaction score
Supports
Boston United
Danny Elliott gone from Boston, big surprise that.
Not really to that many Boston United supporters I'd wager.

Many thought he'd have to be offered a huge pay rise to stay. And, with Byrne turning down the offer made to him, many were thinking that Elliott wouldn't have been offered enough for him to stay either. Today Elliott made it known that he couldn't agree terms.

Garner gone too ..... to Alfreton Town.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Were you able to access grants for the improvements you made?

Not to my knowledge then again I'm not 100% sure on grants and stuff? I could be wrong on that subject?

We have a ground development fund, also had two rounds of community share offers to our supporters and the wider community in which that was to raise funds for infrastructure at BM that could then be used to payback the investors in the long term.

That sorted the new seated stand extension out in which we fell short for the play-offs a few years back.

I can't see anymore ground improvements being made at BM? We have no long term future at this ground.

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Not to my knowledge then again I'm not 100% sure on grants and stuff? I could be wrong on that subject?

We have a ground development fund, also had two rounds of community share offers to our supporters and the wider community in which that was to raise funds for infrastructure at BM that could then be used to payback the investors in the long term.

That sorted the new seated stand extension out in which we fell short for the play-offs a few years back.

I can't see anymore ground improvements being made at BM? We have no long term future at this ground.
We got 150k of grant funding from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (now the Premier league Stadium Fund) as this was the maximum we could claim at time as we were a NPL side when it was all agreed.

It raises some issues with a potential ground move though as FSIF granta can become repayable in part if you move away from where you Improved within something like 25 years.

We never do things the easy way

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Finally made our first new signing, centre back Kennedy Digie from Altrincham. Was on loan last season at Farsley and their fans seem pretty gutted by it so hoping it's a good addition. That said with no news on Jordan Thompson in the same position I'm assuming he's unlikely to re-sign.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We got 150k of grant funding from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund (now the Premier league Stadium Fund) as this was the maximum we could claim at time as we were a NPL side when it was all agreed.

It raises some issues with a potential ground move though as FSIF granta can become repayable in part if you move away from where you Improved within something like 25 years.

We never do things the easy way

Thanks JE93 much appreciated!

That'll be a bit of a dilemma if and when we do eventually move away from Blackwell Meadows? I can't picture a move happening within let's say 3-5 years time? I hope I'm wrong like.

We certainly don't do things the easy way. I think we'll have to see on how they are gonna fix them.

eightiesrobin

Reaction score
Supports
Altrincham
Finally made our first new signing, centre back Kennedy Digie from Altrincham. Was on loan last season at Farsley and their fans seem pretty gutted by it so hoping it's a good addition. That said with no news on Jordan Thompson in the same position I'm assuming he's unlikely to re-sign.
Very odd signing for us, I thought. Signed from lower league club, not exactly young so potential for improvement seemed limited. He looked out of his depth when he played.

That said, Farsley's run of form that enabled them to escape relegation did coincide with his arrival, so fair play to him.

Alty Pieman

Reaction score
Supports
Alty
At NL level Digie was poor the few times he played, but he was injured a lot and got loaned out to get fit and at NLN level seems he did quite well, so could be a good signing for you.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
So on the negative side we have lost Alex Curran to Macclesfield, it’s a blow because he was a very good free scoring attack based midfielder…….but am used to these things we lose players to money all the time and key is do the replacements deliver.

We just signed George waring, a striker who was at Chester and best to say I think Chester fans probably will say ‘crap’

He’s travelled around a lot of clubs, but seems more decent clubs have usually stoke, Carlisle, tranmere, Kidderminster, Chester……..clubs who were stronger at their levels seen something but as you see the leve dropped and dropped.

Now at his first very small club it will be sh*t or bust if he doesn’t find something……….saying that these can be the players Curzon work well with.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
So on the negative side we have lost Alex Curran to Macclesfield, it’s a blow because he was a very good free scoring attack based midfielder…….but am used to these things we lose players to money all the time and key is do the replacements deliver.

We just signed George waring, a striker who was at Chester and best to say I think Chester fans probably will say ‘crap’

He’s travelled around a lot of clubs, but seems more decent clubs have usually stoke, Carlisle, tranmere, Kidderminster, Chester……..clubs who were stronger at their levels seen something but as you see the leve dropped and dropped.

Now at his first very small club it will be sh*t or bust if he doesn’t find something……….saying that these can be the players Curzon work well with.
Best of luck to him, he’s a good lad, local and he and his family support the club. He came through our academy before he left for Stoke.

Just needs the bit between his teeth and some fire in his belly again, he’s big, 6'7" I think but can be a bit passive for a guy of his size. Has neat feet considering though and I think he’s better with them than in the air to be honest.

Doesn’t surprise me he has gone there as he scored 3 goals against Lakeland managed sides last season.

Kenneth Dodd

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
Best of luck to him, he’s a good lad, local and he and his family support the club. He came through our academy before he left for Stoke.

Just needs the bit between his teeth and some fire in his belly again, he’s big, 6'7" I think but can be a bit passive for a guy of his size. Has neat feet considering though and I think he’s better with them than in the air to be honest.

Doesn’t surprise me he has gone there as he scored 3 goals against Lakeland managed sides last season.
Totally agree with you he’s a player who got involved with all the community projects and perhaps wasn’t played to his strength’s, hope he does well except against us obviously.

Last edited:

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC

Never really got a chance under Bern and Jonno. I think there is a capable player there if he's given encouragement and more than the odd sub appearance. Still quite young 27-ish.

Reaction score
Supports
Chester
I quite like George and never really understood the slagging he got. He tended to play a bit-part and I don't think that helped his game. Can look a bit timid at times, but he has also helped change a game when he has come on, so all the best to him.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
We signed Krystian Pearce yesterday. I'd have been pleased with this If his spell at Hereford hadn't seemed a bit dodgy with a couple of red cards, including a poor one against us where Morgan-Smith got the wrong side of him and he dragged him down. Going to give him a chance but not over the moon with the addition

Last edited:

Prodigal

Reaction score
Supports
Chorley
Still no incomings at Chorley, beginning g to get a bit concerned now as I feel we are much weaker than last season and unless Preece gets his finger out and gets 4 or 5 quality players in I can see us struggling.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Been keeping this list on Deva Chat so may as well post it here as well if anyone is interested. Let me know if I've missed any. New signings so far.

AFC Fylde: Connor Barrett (Kettering), Joe Rowley (Chesterfield), Jordan Cranston (Solihull)

AFC Telford: Jordan Piggott (Solihull), Prince Ekpolo (Guiseley), Matty Brown (York), Josh Dugmore (Bromsgrove Sporting), Nathan Blissett (Maidenhead)

Alfreton: Brad Dockerty (Bradford PA), Lewis Whitham (Liversedge), Henri Wilder (Tamworth), Scott Garner (Boston), Oliver Brown (Guiseley), George Cantrill (Guiseley)

Boston: Ben Pollock (Hereford), Lebrun Mbeka (Guiseley), Ellis Myles (Brackley), Jordon Crawford (Kettering), Alex Brown (Kettering), Scott Pollock (Northampton)

Blyth: Alex Nicholson (Gateshead), Michael Richardson (Hebburn)

Bradford PA: Jamie Spencer (Guiseley)

Chester: Adam Thomas (Curzon), Kole Hall (Altrincham), Joe Lynch (Runcorn L), Liam Edwards (Bolton), Jamie Morgan (Altrincham)

Curzon Ashton: Connor Hampson (Altrincham), Will Hayhurst (Farsley), Connor Dimaio (Boston), Ryan Hall (Spennymoor), Benito Lowe (New Mills), Devon Matthews (Mossley), Josh Hancock (Altrincham), George Waring (Chester)

Darlington: Danny Rose (Grimsby), Jassem Sukar (Whitby), Jacob Hazel (Whitby)

Farsley: Tom Morgan (Liversedge)

Gloucester: Kennedy Digie (Altrincham)

Hereford: Tyrone Barnett (Eastleigh), Zak Lilly (Telford)

Kettering: Lewis White (Corby), Ben Toseland (St Ives), George Cooper (Mansfield – Loan), Jordan Graham (AFC Rushden & Diamonds), Keaton Ward (Mansfield)

Kidderminster: Yusifu Ceesay (Alfreton), Tom Owen-Evans (Hereford), Nathan Lowe (South Shields), Zak Brown (Alvechurch), Tom Leak (Walsall), Krystian Pearce (Hereford)

Leamington: Ben Usher-Shipway (Solihull Moors), Alex Prosser (Brackley)

Southport: Michael Carberry (Bootle)

Spennymoor: Danny Greenfield (Gateshead), Joe Wheatley (Darlington), Scott Duxbury (Boston)

Buxton: Sean Newton (York), Jake Moult (Altrincham), Declan Poole (Connah’s Quay), James Hardy (Chester)

Peterborough Sports: Peter Crook (Boston), Connor Peters (Peterborough Utd), Kaine Felix (Gusieley), Connor Kennedy (Kettering), Nathan Fox (Buxton), Connor Johnson (Kettering)

Scarborough: Dom Tear (Guiseley), Jake Charles (Stafford R), Kieran Burton (Tadcaster)

King’s Lynn: Josh Coulson (Southend)

Brackley, Chorley & Banbury yet to make any new signings as far as I can see.

Last edited:

JE93

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington FC
Been keeping this list on Deva Chat so may as well post it here as well if anyone is interested. Let me know if I've missed any. New signings so far.

AFC Fylde: Connor Barrett (Kettering), Joe Rowley (Chesterfield), Jordan Cranston (Solihull)

AFC Telford: Jordan Piggott (Solihull), Prince Ekpolo (Guiseley), Matty Brown (York), Josh Dugmore (Bromsgrove Sporting), Nathan Blissett (Maidenhead)

Alfreton: Brad Dockerty (Bradford PA), Lewis Whitham (Liversedge), Henri Wilder (Tamworth), Scott Garner (Boston), Oliver Brown (Guiseley)

Boston: Ben Pollock (Hereford), Lebrun Mbeka (Guiseley), Ellis Myles (Brackley), Jordon Crawford (Kettering), Alex Brown (Kettering)

Blyth: Alex Nicholson (Gateshead), Michael Richardson (Hebburn)

Bradford PA: Jamie Spencer (Guiseley)

Chester: Adam Thomas (Curzon), Kole Hall (Altrincham), Joe Lynch (Runcorn L), Liam Edwards (Bolton), Jamie Morgan (Altrincham)

Curzon Ashton: Connor Hampson (Altrincham), Will Hayhurst (Farsley), Connor Dimaio (Boston), Ryan Hall (Spennymoor), Benito Lowe (New Mills), Devon Matthews (Mossley), Josh Hancock (Altrincham), George Waring (Chester)

Darlington: Danny Rose (Grimsby), Jassem Sukar (Whitby)

Farsley: Tom Morgan (Liversedge)

Gloucester: Kennedy Digie (Altrincham)

Hereford: Tyrone Barnett (Eastleigh), Zak Lilly (Telford)

Kettering: Lewis White (Corby), Ben Toseland (St Ives), George Cooper (Mansfield – Loan), Jordan Graham (AFC Rushden & Diamonds), Keaton Ward (Mansfield)

Kidderminster: Yusifu Ceesay (Alfreton), Tom Owen-Evans (Hereford), Nathan Lowe (South Shields), Zak Brown (Alvechurch), Tom Leak (Walsall), Krystian Pearce (Hereford)

Leamington: Ben Usher-Shipway (Solihull Moors), Alex Prosser (Brackley)

Southport: Michael Carberry (Bootle)

Spennymoor: Danny Greenfield (Gateshead), Joe Wheatley (Darlington), Scott Duxbury (Boston)

Buxton: Sean Newton (York), Jake Moult (Altrincham), Declan Poole (Connah’s Quay), James Hardy (Chester)

Peterborough Sports: Peter Crook (Boston), Connor Peters (Peterborough Utd), Kaine Felix (Gusieley), Connor Kennedy (Kettering), Nathan Fox (Buxton), Connor Johnson (Kettering)

Scarborough: Dom Tear (Guiseley), Jake Charles (Stafford R), Kieran Burton (Tadcaster)

King’s Lynn: Josh Coulson (Southend)

Brackley, Chorley & Banbury yet to make any new signings as far as I can see.
Jacob Hazel, striker from Whitby to add for the Darlo one.

But very helpful list cheers for posting.

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Brackley break up definitely under way - Myles, Franklin (rted), Lomas, Lowe, N`dlovu all gone, no new signing announcements yet that I have seen. Huge test of Kevin Wilkin`s powers of persuasion to rebuild. Playoffs again next term might be a challenge.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Brackley break up definitely under way - Myles, Franklin (rted), Lomas, Lowe, N`dlovu all gone, no new signing announcements yet that I have seen. Huge test of Kevin Wilkin`s powers of persuasion to rebuild. Playoffs again next term might be a challenge.

Do you think there's a chance you could sign Byrne back? Someone who seems to be in the know on our forum has said we've offered him a deal but isn't convinced he'll join

hardbutfair

Reaction score
Supports
brackley
Do you think there's a chance you could sign Byrne back? Someone who seems to be in the know on our forum has said we've offered him a deal but isn't convinced he'll join
Not sure we can afford him any more, but would take him if we could get a deal done

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
It is very interesting the vast differences between clubs.

you have about 8 teams have signed new teams worth of players, others with just an odd signing, some with none. I always assumed at non-league its a mass of 8-12 new players per season as clubs have much looser contracts, but many seem to have kept it tight.

wonder if that is down to quick summer turnaround, easier to keep players they have.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
We’ve just signed Pierce Bird from kings lynn

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Well this Friday is just awful. Geraldo Bajrami has joined Notts County but that was expected. Sam Austin has also joined Notts county for an undisclosed fee. That one is gutting, legend here and has definitely deserved a move up.

Omari Sterling James and Jaiden White have also not decided to stay

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
Kiddy looked like clear favourites a few days away, I think most would find that hard to argue with. Now it's a lot more open. I think come July we'll see a lot more signings. Noticed Banbury haven't mentioned about Chris Wreh or Alex Babos re-signing yet. We've apparently signed 2 but not announcing them till July for contractual reasons...Plenty more twists and turns to come.

Fyldefan

Reaction score
Supports
Afc fylde
Kiddy looked like clear favourites a few days away, I think most would find that hard to argue with. Now it's a lot more open. I think come July we'll see a lot more signings. Noticed Banbury haven't mentioned about Chris Wreh or Alex Babos re-signing yet. We've apparently signed 2 but not announcing them till July for contractual reasons...Plenty more twists and turns to come.

I definitely wouldn’t have had Kidderminster as favourites. I don’t know why they would warrant that tbh

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Jo Cummings a 23-year-old central defender from Radcliffe FC has just signed for Spennymoor Town.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I definitely wouldn’t have had Kidderminster as favourites. I don’t know why they would warrant that tbh

I'd be installing yourselves or Boston as possible favourites. Harrier94 has stated it's been an awful Friday so that doesn't sound too promising for Kidderminster.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Big day for us off the pitch officially opening our new £1m+ community training facility. Local resident The Duke of Westminster did the honours, he donated almost half the cost for it.

All my life we’ve lumbered from place to place for training but now we have our own place to call home during the week. Training three mornings a week next season because of it, the first step back towards full time.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers

I wouldn't have had us down as favourites either but definitely up there

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon made their last signing of summer, sam walker a midfielder. A lot of experience been at Curzon before, won conf north title with Stockport…..won two promotions with Curzon.

Should be better than this leve but older now.

Signing we have made most of season, brought back the old guard who pushed on from Curzon to bigger clubs spent time there those clubs have moved on and came back here.

On paper if they deliver on the pitch I can see is nearer top 7 than bottom 4 but it is if they replace the attack talent we lost

Oh and manager as he was shocking last season

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!