National League North 2023-24

Bewdley Bull

Reaction score
Supports
Hereford
I am not surprised to see Gowling struggling to turn around a poor side that is low on confidence. He is not a good tactician, we regularly were out thought by opposition and under his stewardship very rarely came back after conceding first - think until this season the last time was Chester away (around February) 2 seasons ago when we won 3-2). He did however find players that were very good - the likes of Grimes (now Chesterfield captain), Kouyhar (now York) and decent loanees. However, we used so many players to find these - without knowing for definite, it must’ve been 30+ a season comfortably. I can only assume he is alienating the established senior players to ship out as they’re the highest earners and then have some kind of budget to bring in his “own” players. Where else will the money be funded for new signings, hence short term young loanees currently.

Honestly, I’ll be very surprised if he keeps you up - due to the fact I don’t think he’s a great manager in finding solutions and results. Ex players and families say he’s a brilliant man manager and he finds the odd gem but you need more than that and fast. It sounds a toxic environment like it was here at the end of his reign. He didn’t help himself by living in Grimsby and not moving closer to Hereford, we trained in the midlands so players only came to Hereford on home match days. The fans lost a connection with the team and when the chips were down it didn’t create a good atmosphere. Luckily, we have managed to employ Caddis who has turned that around and very quickly. He communicates well with fans, the players have bought into things locally, drinking with fans after matches, the players look like they actually give a sh*t about getting Hereford back to where we should be - there is a brilliant feel good factor and the crowds are good after years of dross - the higher we climb in the table the stronger that will be.

I hope you can turn things around as the likes of ourselves, yourselves, Chester and in previous years, York, Stockport etc ended up here due to financial mismanagement and poor decisions and it’s hard climbing with big spending chairmen on clubs who ultimately can’t sustain higher level football.

Last edited:

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Tuesday 31st October 2023 National League North Results

Att. 2,178 - Boston United 1 Scunthorpe United 1
Att. 554 - Buxton 2 Tamworth 1

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC

Nice to see those Lambs lose one. They can't keep that run up ~~ surely

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United

We were shocking last night, yet another away game we just didn’t show up.

At home we play beautiful passing football, our players always seem to be in space and play around the press. Away from home we just lump it up and look frightened.

We won’t go up unless we sort it quickly

AndyPark

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington

Absolutely awful attendance at Buxton, for a side flinging so much money at it.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
Very late for my review of the very horrible game vs Chester last Saturday as I’ve been sick.

Afew days before it as I mentioned was a superb game vs scarbourgh where we attacked worked hard and while lost could easily have won comfortably on another day and everyone left pretty happy.

Saturday was complete opposite and had none of that. On Tuesday I felt both sides deserved 3 points and a draw harsh on Saturday I felt a win was harsh for either side and a draw best they deserved as neither side amounted to much for most of the game.

It was slow, plodding and uneventful for most of the game, most of the blame for this I throw 100% at Curzon who never wanted to do anything the entire match and god knows why.

Maybe two losses had worried them, maybe their goalie being banned frightened them or maybe as I believe our manager being an ex legend at Chester made us give them far far far more respect than we should……but either way apart from the first two-three minutes of game we never ventured hardly out of our own half.

We lacked the energy also, usually I liken curzon as the conf north version of that workhorse midfielder, buzzing around clipping heels annoying the other side fans who expect a card that never comes then knows when to play the ref when needed, always closing down, always in the face, never lazy…….,..Saturday too slow and static.

I suppose we deserved to lose it for our game killing approach and style but overall neither did much all game, we could and should have scored of a set piece early in game, Chester during second half should have scored on about five occasions in a 10 second madness attack….but other than them chances and the goal was little else.

Now 3 losses in a row and Mahon needs a win and soon or won’t get the job, problem for him is curzon are prone every season to have a long poor run which costs them each season

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Saturday 4th November 2023 National League North Results

Att. 462 - Bishop's Stortford 3 Buxton 1
Att. 891 - Farsley Celtic 1 Darlington 2
Att. 755 - Gloucester City 1 Warrington Town 3
Att. 577 - Peterborough Sports 1 King's Lynn Town 1
Att. 426 - Rushall Olympic 2 Southport 3
Att. 2,309 - South Shields 1 Tamworth 0
Att. 1,236 - Spennymoor Town 0 Boston United 0

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
I'm not getting too carried away against a very poor Farsley side that we should have well and truly buried.

On the plus side we actually created quite a few chances for once something I've not witnessed for a while.

I would say it was a good team performance in conditions that suited Darlo. A lot of good individual performances worthy of note from the likes of Burton, Hazel, Hatfield, Salkeld and Lawlor.

Good to see our keeper back Taylor who I didn't expect to be seen between the sticks again after all the shite going on behind the scenes at the club.

Fantastic vocal support throughout the game that just about got us over the line.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We were shocking last night, yet another away game we just didn’t show up.

At home we play beautiful passing football, our players always seem to be in space and play around the press. Away from home we just lump it up and look frightened.

We won’t go up unless we sort it quickly

That's not bad a point at Boston and even better not playing to your full potential.

You guys will be thereabouts with your formidable home form.

It'll be like a jigsaw should all fall into place.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
We'll be gone by Christmas at this rate. We started yesterday with three 18 year old loanees, just what you want in a relegation scrap.

Even Hungerford fans are now taking the piss out of us "it's not the result it's all about the matchday experience/burgers!" type stuff. They know firsthand what these clowns concentrate on instead of the actual football team.

They've given part time players two year contracts who are nowhere near good enough, including one who hasn't even kicked a ball this season. Meanwhile the majority of our play off reaching squad from last season are at other part time clubs because they offered them awful deals to bring in their own lot. It's a total embarrassment that we have some failed chairman from a club he's already relegated come in and then pretend to be the Manager and start doing his own player recruitment - then blame it all on Tim Flowers (who he hired and was crap btw.) The arrogance is outstanding. We are doomed.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
We are playing away at Spennymoor and weather in north has been horrific and yet the game as it stands is still on!!!

Have they moved grounds

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Our game was off tonight because Tamworth's Birmingham Senior Cup game apparently takes priority....

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
We actually won an away game!

We were brilliant in the first half, Banbury couldn't get near us. Banbury's keeper was exceptional though, it should have been a lot more than 2-0.

Second half we took our foot of the gas but Banbury didn't really threaten.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Enormous win tonight away at Spennymoor, didn’t expect it as a tough place to go,

Just 4-5 points almost separates majority of the league

AndyPark

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
We are sleep-walking into relegation here, I am absolutely disgusted with the last 10 months at this football club. How can we go from being top at new-years to bottom by November.

The board have made 2 huge mistakes in keep Alun Armstrong on beyond the summer after the last 4/5 months of last season.
Then appointing Josh Gowling, who is simply just a cheap option. He's been dreadful, tactics are awful, his man-management is even worse (So many players have been alienated and replaced by kids who just aren't good enough).

My fear is, if we go down - We won't be coming back up anytime soon.

We looked dreadful last night again against Peterborough Sports. Turned the game off at 2-0, couldn't watch anymore.

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Your decline reminds me of Carlisle just a couple of seasons back.

Top at Christmas with Chris beech, hit by covid at that time (yours was losing beck) massive decline into midtable second half of season, decided to keep manager because well…….you were top 6 months earlier but decline continues and change too late and when change happens it’s not very inspiring which makes decline worse.

And not sure how to turn it, we only did by pure luck of Simpson agreeing to come back which installed some fire and passion back into a dead fire.

That may be where you need to go is there anyone out there maybe not the best manager who could possibly at least install the passion back??

Did it go that sour with Martin gray that he couldn’t return to try and bring back the good times

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
We are sleep-walking into relegation here, I am absolutely disgusted with the last 10 months at this football club. How can we go from being top at new-years to bottom by November.

The board have made 2 huge mistakes in keep Alun Armstrong on beyond the summer after the last 4/5 months of last season.
Then appointing Josh Gowling, who is simply just a cheap option. He's been dreadful, tactics are awful, his man-management is even worse (So many players have been alienated and replaced by kids who just aren't good enough).

My fear is, if we go down - We won't be coming back up anytime soon.

We looked dreadful last night again against Peterborough Sports. Turned the game off at 2-0, couldn't watch anymore.
I hope you go on a winning run after Saturday.

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
We have 6 consecutive away games starting with Darlo on Saturday.

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Tuesday 7th November 2023 National League North Results

Att. 912 - Banbury United 0 Scunthorpe United 2
Att. 336 - Bishop's Stortford 0 Alfreton Town 4
Att. 435 - Blyth Spartans 3 Southport 3
Att. 525 - Farsley Celtic 2 Boston United 0
Att. 1,934 - Hereford 1 Brackley Town 0
Att. n/a - Peterborough Sports 2 Darlington 0
Att. n/a - Rushall Olympic 1 King's Lynn Town 2
Att. 1,235 - Scarborough Athletic 1 Chorley 1
Att. 1,868 - South Shields 1 Buxton 0
Att. 1,002 - Spennymoor Town 1 Curzon Ashton 2

Darlo On Tour

Reaction score
Supports
Darlington
Your decline reminds me of Carlisle just a couple of seasons back.

Top at Christmas with Chris beech, hit by covid at that time (yours was losing beck) massive decline into midtable second half of season, decided to keep manager because well…….you were top 6 months earlier but decline continues and change too late and when change happens it’s not very inspiring which makes decline worse.

And not sure how to turn it, we only did by pure luck of Simpson agreeing to come back which installed some fire and passion back into a dead fire.

That may be where you need to go is there anyone out there maybe not the best manager who could possibly at least install the passion back??

Did it go that sour with Martin gray that he couldn’t return to try and bring back the good times

Highly unlikely Martin Gray would return it all went sour and he ended up departing.

We need somebody with a bit of passion and fire in their belly!

Gowling doesn't fit that category.

Look at Billy Heath doing wonders at Alfreton Town I remember when the fans wanted rid of him when we got rid of Tommy Wright. I'd say somebody in the mould of Heath.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
With our home form and Gloucester's general performance this season, we should be winning tomorrow.

First goal will be critical. If we get it early, we will probably run rampant. If Gloucester can hold us out and put every man behind the ball, we will really struggle. We haven't yet figured out how to beat teams like that.

Clem Fandango

Reaction score
Supports
Gloucester City
You should get a cricket score. Other than a few exceptions the squad is nowhere near this level and this team wouldn't even trouble the Play-Offs in the league below. Last season we'd probably be taking close to 100 up there, in past seasons where we were hovering around the drop zone we normally would bring 60-70. Be surprised if it's even 25 tomorrow. We barely register a shot on goal most games yet this delusional chairman thinks everything will be fine.

(We'll probably win now I've said all this)

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn
With our home form and Gloucester's general performance this season, we should be winning tomorrow.

First goal will be critical. If we get it early, we will probably run rampant. If Gloucester can hold us out and put every man behind the ball, we will really struggle. We haven't yet figured out how to beat teams like that.
Don, not sure if this has been widely publicised but King's Lynn have just posted this on Twitter re Tuesday evenings fixture -
At 12noon Tuesday away tickets for @SUFCOfficial fans will go off-sale and you won't be able to buy on the day.

Hopefully there will be a few of you making the trip down, the Walks under the lights should be a good non-league atmosphere with Lakeland restoring a bit of heart into the team

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
You should get a cricket score. Other than a few exceptions the squad is nowhere near this level and this team wouldn't even trouble the Play-Offs in the league below. Last season we'd probably be taking close to 100 up there, in past seasons where we were hovering around the drop zone we normally would bring 60-70. Be surprised if it's even 25 tomorrow. We barely register a shot on goal most games yet this delusional chairman thinks everything will be fine.

(We'll probably win now I've said all this)
If you can frustrate us then you could easily nick a winner on a set-piece, we often fall asleep at those if we're on top for a lot of the game.
Don, not sure if this has been widely publicised but King's Lynn have just posted this on Twitter re Tuesday evenings fixture -
At 12noon Tuesday away tickets for @SUFCOfficial fans will go off-sale and you won't be able to buy on the day.

Hopefully there will be a few of you making the trip down, the Walks under the lights should be a good non-league atmosphere with Lakeland restoring a bit of heart into the team
Not sure how many we've sold, we took just over 200 to Banbury on Tuesday. Would estimate around 300 as it's a bit closer, might depend on how we get on tomorrow though.

Clunan and Denton are absolute quality by the way, I assume your team must be missing those two this year.

TonyM

Reaction score
Supports
King's Lynn
If you can frustrate us then you could easily nick a winner on a set-piece, we often fall asleep at those if we're on top for a lot of the game.

Not sure how many we've sold, we took just over 200 to Banbury on Tuesday. Would estimate around 300 as it's a bit closer, might depend on how we get on tomorrow though.

Clunan and Denton are absolute quality by the way, I assume your team must be missing those two this year.

Yes, as you will see if you come on Tuesday Denton's pace and quality sorely missed in our backline and Clunan has left a huge hole in the middle of the park. Wish them all the best as they had both did very well for us over many seasons and both went for valid reasons so expect both to get a warm reception before the game (during the game might be different as I assume Clunan is still keen to 'help' the ref when he sees fit)

Railway Blue

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC

God help you if they somehow score first.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Comfortable win for us today, never really got out of first gear and didn't need too.

Fair play to Gloucester, they worked really hard and passed the ball well at times. Was more impressed with them than I was with South Shields and Spennymoor who are up near the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshsuwus
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!