Maidenhead United vs Wealdstone
Notts County vs Wrexham
Southend United vs Bromley
Woking vs Aldershot Town
Yeovil Town vs Torquay United

Mon 3rd Jan
Altrincham vs Stockport County
Grimsby Town vs FC Halifax Town

Looks like we are the only ones playing NYD no idea why. We've drawn 5 at home this season (including 3 where we conceded in 96th min) so we've got to cut that out and win this one. Jan looks a bit hectic with us catching up with a postponed game as well as another midweek fixture so would be good to hit the ground running knowing we don't play in the league next week.

County v Wrexham looks to be a biggy, could do with that being a draw as Wrexham and Stockport are gaining some ground on us now and its tightening up at the top.

Will go for 2-0 Chesterfield and another 6,000+ crowd.

Last edited:

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Sat 1st Jan
Chesterfield vs Kings Lynn

Sun 2nd Jan
Altrincham P- P Stockport County
Boreham Wood vs Barnet
Dagenham & Redbridge vs Dover Athletic
Eastleigh vs Weymouth
Grimsby Town P-P FC Halifax Town
Maidenhead United vs Wealdstone
Notts County vs Wrexham
Southend United vs Bromley
Woking vs Aldershot Town
Yeovil Town vs Torquay United

Looks like we are the only ones playing NYD no idea why. We've drawn 5 at home this season (including 3 where we conceded in 96th min) so we've got to cut that out and win this one. Jan looks a bit hectic with us catching up with a postponed game as well as another midweek fixture so would be good to hit the ground running knowing we don't play in the league next week.

County v Wrexham looks to be a biggy, could do with that being a draw as Wrexham and Stockport are gaining some ground on us now and its tightening up at the top.

Will go for 2-0 Chesterfield and another 6,000+ crowd.
Altrincham vs Stockport
Grimsby vs Halifax

Both being played on Monday 3rd at 3pm so not P-P this matchweek.

Interesting to see if Southend play, it would be a massive piss take if they did. Full squad Boxing Day, pulled out of their 28th game because of Covid, surely they can't rock up 5 days later and be fine again?

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
You might want to re-format it with Alty v County and Grimsby v Halifax being on the 3rd. Kind of misleading to say they're P-P.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Hard to say much about our game when we don’t know if it’s going to go ahead and, if it does, what kind of team Notts are going to be able to put out. We’re consistent in our stance on Covid postponements at least, but really hope we’re not going to screw ourselves over for such a big game when we don’t have to.

With Ruben out, our team (with everyone available) would likely be:

Slocombe
Brindley - Lacey - Cameron
Richardson - O’Brien - Palmer - Vincent - Taylor
Roberts - Wootton

That’s a decent team tbf and we’ve got some cover going forward (albeit nowhere near the same standard), but there’s not a great deal available to us further back if people are out..

Cashis

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Confident, comfortable win here would be nice, 3 or 4 nil. Wonder if Cleeve will swoop in from the darkened skies followed by thunder striking etc.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
If our game does go ahead, Jordan Davies is out injured so our midfield is now even more non-existent. Can't see past Notts dominating the midfield, and in turn dominating the game if they have a full quota available.

Mullin isn't fully fit either, clearly looked to be struggling against Altrincham and nearly went off injured, but we still had him on for the 90 minutes as a crocked Mullin is still a much better option than our other fit strikers.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County
If our game does go ahead, Jordan Davies is out injured so our midfield is now even more non-existent. Can't see past Notts dominating the midfield, and in turn dominating the game if they have a full quota available.

Mullin isn't fully fit either, clearly looked to be struggling against Altrincham and nearly went off injured, but we still had him on for the 90 minutes as a crocked Mullin is still a much better option than our other fit strikers.

The longer it goes on the more it seems we’ll play, although we are still 3 days out and a lot can change. I can kind of see why we will want to play now if we can put out a half decent team, we no doubt know Wrexham will strengthen in Jan. It could come down to a calculated risk, but with Rodrigues out already, if any of Wootton, Palmer, Vincent, Cameron and Roberts are out too then we are severely weakened, and I’d probably add Jayden Richardson to that too already despite him only playing a couple of games.

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County

I thought that your current strategy was to postpone the tougher fixtures and then buy the opponents' star player in the new year ready for when the game eventually gets played - or was that just for Solihull?;)

SuperHans

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield
Confident, comfortable win here would be nice, 3 or 4 nil. Wonder if Cleeve will swoop in from the darkened skies followed by thunder striking etc.
This was the game to start with the returning Asante and Gunning, not Halifax.

That being said I don’t think Rowe will do that.

Loach
King Kerr Gunning Whittle Miller
Oyeleke Kellerman
Khan Mandeville
Tshimanga

Stoney Ground

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Big game is Maidenhead v Wealdstone, we need to win but mustn’t lose or we are getting dragged in to a dogfight down the bottom.

TheShayWay

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Yet another away game for us. Starting to forget what a home league game is. Played twice at home since October both Tuesday nights.

Not sure what to make of our game. Another big test. I know Grimsby are on bad form but by no means do I think this will be easy. Defines how good our Christmas has been I'd say. Win we'll have 4 points out of 6 against Chesterfield and Grimsby away that would be a brilliant return. A defeat and 1 point out of 6 doesnt look too good. I'd take a draw. Unbeaten against those 2 teams away from home would be a good Christmas in my book even if it is only worth 2 points.

I'm going to be positive though and go for a 1-0 away win

Aberstone

Reaction score
Supports
Wealdstone
Big game is Maidenhead v Wealdstone, we need to win but mustn’t lose or we are getting dragged in to a dogfight down the bottom.

This. It's a bitter blow to have George Wickens, Jack Cook and Charlie Cooper all suspended for this one, that couldn't have been timed any worse. Matt Buse will likely get the nod in central midfield and hopefully Nik Tavares is back and fit as that would be a huge boost at the back. Fasanmade didn't take his opportunity at Needham Market so personally I'd rather have Ira Jackson up top alongside Umerah if the MT are to retain the 3-5-2 formation.

I'm sure Maynard is on it but we need a temporary GK in for this one.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
The longer it goes on the more it seems we’ll play, although we are still 3 days out and a lot can change. I can kind of see why we will want to play now if we can put out a half decent team, we no doubt know Wrexham will strengthen in Jan. It could come down to a calculated risk, but with Rodrigues out already, if any of Wootton, Palmer, Vincent, Cameron and Roberts are out too then we are severely weakened, and I’d probably add Jayden Richardson to that too already despite him only playing a couple of games.
You got a point at our place without Rodrigues and Roberts for the majority, and looked very decent at that. Without Jordan Davies and with Mullin not 100%, I think you stand an excellent chance and unless you are severely weakened you should look at getting this game played before we strengthen.

That being said, given PP's recent comments regarding signing players proving difficult because of Covid (teams are even more reluctant to let players go) we might not be able to strengthen as much as we'd like.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
I thought that your current strategy was to postpone the tougher fixtures and then buy the opponents' star player in the new year ready for when the game eventually gets played - or was that just for Solihull?;)
This was exactly our plan!

All 3 of our goalkeepers catching Covid was just a ploy to throw people off the scent.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
This was the game to start with the returning Asante and Gunning, not Halifax.

That being said I don’t think Rowe will do that.

Loach
King Kerr Gunning Whittle Miller
Oyeleke Kellerman
Khan Mandeville
Tshimanga
Any bookies offering odds on the Tshimanga hat trick? Easiest money you'd ever earn.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Chesterfield home to Kings Lynn and getting more rest time after the match than everyone else. New Year, business as usual. :whistle::hypo:
This. It's a bitter blow to have George Wickens, Jack Cook and Charlie Cooper all suspended for this one, that couldn't have been timed any worse. Matt Buse will likely get the nod in central midfield and hopefully Nik Tavares is back and fit as that would be a huge boost at the back.
Last time you said something like that you ended up beating us and Buse scored the goal!

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
You got a point at our place without Rodrigues and Roberts for the majority, and looked very decent at that. Without Jordan Davies and with Mullin not 100%, I think you stand an excellent chance and unless you are severely weakened you should look at getting this game played before we strengthen.

That being said, given PP's recent comments regarding signing players proving difficult because of Covid (teams are even more reluctant to let players go) we might not be able to strengthen as much as we'd like.

As much as they’re easily our two most talented players, R/R probably aren’t the ones we’d struggle most without for a one-off game, particularly now Vincent has joined the party as well. We normally play all three, but any one of them covers ‘tricky, creative attacking midfielder’ off fine. It’s Wootton and Palmer we don’t have any proper cover for.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
As much as they’re easily our two most talented players, R/R probably aren’t the ones we’d struggle most without for a one-off game, particularly now Vincent has joined the party as well. We normally play all three, but any one of them covers ‘tricky, creative attacking midfielder’ off fine. It’s Wootton and Palmer we don’t have any proper cover for.
Yeah I was thinking that Wootton would be a hammer blow for you, he looked so impressive at the Racecourse, probably the 2nd most impressive player I've seen play there from an opposition team this season behind Kabongo. Going off Burchnall's comments, he's surely able to play as it stands. If not then he's lost it if the game goes ahead.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Yeah I was thinking that Wootton would be a hammer blow for you, he looked so impressive at the Racecourse, probably the 2nd most impressive player I've seen play there from an opposition team this season behind Kabongo. Going off Burchnall's comments, he's surely able to play as it stands. If not then he's lost it if the game goes ahead.

Thankfully he seems to be indestructible, think the only league game he’s missed since we signed him might be that one after he got sent off against you last season. I don’t mind the look of Kairo M to be fair, but he’s nowhere near the same level yet and a totally different kind of player anyway.

I would say if we have Slocombe, Palmer, Roberts and Wootton available plus someone in all of the other positions, we can put out a competitive team. But those four are where the drop off to someone else would be massive. Maybe not even Slocombe to be fair, he’s been fairly useless this season, but the reserve is a teenager who hasn’t even made his debut yet.

AJS

Reaction score
Supports
Halifax
Yet another away game for us. Starting to forget what a home league game is. Played twice at home since October both Tuesday nights.

Not sure what to make of our game. Another big test. I know Grimsby are on bad form but by no means do I think this will be easy. Defines how good our Christmas has been I'd say. Win we'll have 4 points out of 6 against Chesterfield and Grimsby away that would be a brilliant return. A defeat and 1 point out of 6 doesnt look too good. I'd take a draw. Unbeaten against those 2 teams away from home would be a good Christmas in my book even if it is only worth 2 points.

I'm going to be positive though and go for a 1-0 away win
I'd pretty much agree with what you have said there. It's a must not lose game IMO. A draw wouldn't be too bad just purely to keep Grimsby at bay. Considering their recent form and recent covid outbreak, I'd back us for a narrow win also.

OneDecentLester

Reaction score
Supports
Chesterfield FC
As others have said, on paper this looks a straight forward routine home win BUT… this has the making of a banana skin if we don’t acquit ourselves properly and start looking at the Chelsea game next weekend too early!!

Having said that I’ve no doubt Rowe will have been on at them all week with that exact same warning so hopefully that message gets through. I’d go with an attacking line up and get some of our more flair/playmaking type players in the XI… we were much better against Halifax once we did that and think Kings Lynn will probably camp in so need them players to break them down…

Loach
Grimes Gunning Whittle
Williams Khan Oyeleke Mandeville Miller
Asante Tshimanga

I’d start both Asante and Gunning again to get another vital 60 / 90 mins into their legs. Kerr out for Grimes 100%, I don’t mind having a left footer on right side of back 3, he deserves to start. Be interesting to see if King is back, ideally he could get 30 mins or so from the bench!

Still no word on Clarke’s injury but I’ve got a horrid feeling it’s going to be another 2/3 months until we see him again as it looked like exactly the same injury he did last time! Huge shame as he’s probably our most naturally talented player, but those hamstrings non existent!

East Bank Shot

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot
Got a feeling we’ll either win 3-0 or lose 3-0. Both us and Woking will have seen from Boxing Day that we’re both there for the taking, just depends which team can take control of the game. We made 7 changes for Dagenham, so expect we’ll play a similar team to the one that played on Boxing Day.
Really looking forward to this one, looks like we’ve sold out the away end too so should be lively.

Wooderson

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County

Hmm I dunno, if Roberts is out (he’s obviously already had covid but as we know you can get it again) as well as Rodrigues’ ban I struggle a bit to see where the goals/creativity are coming from, other than a set play. You’d like to think Cameron won’t have it as it’s suspected he did the other week. Wootton or Palmer though as you say would be massive misses. If we don’t call it off tomorrow I think it’ll go ahead.

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Altrincham vs Stockport
Grimsby vs Halifax

Both being played on Monday 3rd at 3pm so not P-P this matchweek.

Interesting to see if Southend play, it would be a massive piss take if they did. Full squad Boxing Day, pulled out of their 28th game because of Covid, surely they can't rock up 5 days later and be fine again?
Me too. Didn't have a full squad for the Bromley game, but could field a team and subs.

Piece in the local rag with the NL general manager about how the National league goes about postponing games.
Teams have to have 14 fit and available first team players (including 1 goalkeeper).
He says team doctors are given the info of Covid cases to the NL doctor and then he passes on the relevant numbers. Interestingly any non-double vaccinated players have to be included as isolating and are not available for matches when any Covid happens at a club.
Close contacts are also included, but there is no detail as to who counts as a 'close contact'. I'd think if someone is training and tests positive at the training ground then the entire squad are surely close contacts?

Now surely we can't play on the 2nd under those rules as we had Covid on the 26th but most of the squad were able to play, meaning they are double vaccinated and also not counted as close contacts. So sometime on the 27th more of the squad tested positive for Covid dropping us below 14 players for a match. Players have to isolate for 7 days, it's only 6 days till the Bromley home game.
If we field a first team I'll be very confused.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Me too. Didn't have a full squad for the Bromley game, but could field a team and subs.

Piece in the local rag with the NL general manager about how the National league goes about postponing games.
Teams have to have 14 fit and available first team players (including 1 goalkeeper).
He says team doctors are given the info of Covid cases to the NL doctor and then he passes on the relevant numbers. Interestingly any non-double vaccinated players have to be included as isolating and are not available for matches when any Covid happens at a club.
Close contacts are also included, but there is no detail as to who counts as a 'close contact'. I'd think if someone is training and tests positive at the training ground then the entire squad are surely close contacts?

Now surely we can't play on the 2nd under those rules as we had Covid on the 26th but most of the squad were able to play, meaning they are double vaccinated and also not counted as close contacts. So sometime on the 27th more of the squad tested positive for Covid dropping us below 14 players for a match. Players have to isolate for 7 days, it's only 6 days till the Bromley home game.
If we field a first team I'll be very confused.
Oh wow didn't know that about unvaccinated players. Have you got a link that article please?

Has anyone else's clubs said how many of their squad are unvaccinated? Our vice chairman did an interview last week and said around 20-30% for us. Hurst has been keeping his card very close to his chest on that front, bet he wasn't best please that information got out

Kim Mitten

Reaction score
Supports
Southend United
Oh wow didn't know that about unvaccinated players. Have you got a link that article please?

Has anyone else's clubs said how many of their squad are unvaccinated? Our vice chairman did an interview last week and said around 20-30% for us. Hurst has been keeping his card very close to his chest on that front, bet he wasn't best please that information got out
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/19815650.national-league-chief-explains-postponement-procedures/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROB WALKER

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!