Next season's squad

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
appreciate that for some, this is far too early to say if you're not sure what division you'll be in next season.

But for the more average among us, it's time to start the inevitable pointless speculation about what your squad's going to look like in 24/25.

We no longer even disclose how long our players are signed for, it seems, so some of this is a best guess regarding contract expiry from our unofficial site. :ffs:

What with us having quite a few loan players anyway, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer, even though I'm sure our actual retained list will bear little resemblance to what I expect it to be.

But anyway:

In contract:

LB Luke LEAHY
DM Josh SCOWEN
DM Matt BUTCHER
CM Jack YOUNG
LW/RW/ST Brandon HANLAN
ST Richard KONE
RM/RB Jasper PATTENDEN

Fine with keeping all of those except probably Jack Young who has basically spent two seasons on loan elsewhere - if we don't think he's going to cut it by now then I'm not sure it's to anyone's benefit to keep him. I haven't bothered to list all our dev squad and just kept it to the full first teamers.

Out of contract:

KEEP

GK Max STRYJEK - decent keeper for this level, course he's got flaws but if he didn't he wouldn't be in L1
RB/CB Jack GRIMMER - can get done for pace, but I think he's decent enough at this level
CB Chris FORINO-JOSEPH - class, injury record is not great but a quality player
<pretty much any position you like> David WHEELER - every team needs a utility player and he's ours, still got plenty to offer
CB Joe LOW - absolute quality
CM Freddie POTTS (LOAN) - suspect he will go on loan to a Championship club next season, and will eventually get into the West Ham first XI, but keep if we can.
CB Nigel LONWIJK (LOAN) - doubt he's going to get in the Wolves First XI, if we can then get him back next season
LM Kieran SADLIER - done very well for us, definite KEEP
GK Franco RAVIZZOLI - decent No. 2 keeper who has recently taken the No. 1 spot off Stryjek.
RM Gideon KODUA (LOAN) - has had limited playing time so far (only been with us since Jan) but happy to have him back next season if West Ham are OK with that
ST Beryly LUBALA - looked good so far, decent pace and holds the ball up well

DON'T MIND...

RM Garath McCLEARY - tricky one, he's still got it to an extent, but the legs are going. If we keep him then I'm OK with that, but unsentimentally, if there's better out there then bring them in.
AM Dale TAYLOR (LOAN) - could go either way on this one, I don't see any way he's good enough for the Forest First XI, I think this is his level. If we can keep him then OK, if he left I wouldn't cry either.
RB Jason McCARTHY - decent but not outstanding at this level.

GET RID

LB/CB Joe JACOBSON - this has been his testimonial season, been an incredible servant to the club but I suspect he'll retire anyway
CB Ryan TAFAZOLLI - tricky one, certainly good enough for this level but we signed him on Championship money and I feel like he may be one of the higher earners. Wouldn't cry if we kept him but if we can find a replacement then I'm OK with that too
CF Sam VOKES - Still great in the air, still holds up the ball really well, but I just don't feel we play to his strengths. I know that a target man does a lot more than just score goals, but his strike rate has gone really low, and he must be one of the biggest earners.
RM Chem CAMPBELL - (LOAN) - I have no idea why we brought Campbell back, he's OK, but only OK...yet we already knew that as he'd been on loan with us previously?
GK Nathan SHEPPERD - never seen him play but he was brought in as injury cover, we don't really need 3 full-time keepers, 2 full-timers and a dev squad player is usually enough
RB/LB Kane VINCENT-YOUNG - decent player but the injury record is a high risk and he's been out for half of his time with us.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
In contract:

LB) George Nurse
CB) Morgan Feeney
LW) Jordan Shipley
CM) Carl Winchester
CM) Taylor Perry
RW) Roland Idowu
ST) Tom Bloxham
ST) Max Mata

Out of contract:

KEEP

GK) Marko Marosi - One of the best, if not the best goalkeeper in this division. I would dread to think where we would be without this man some games, should be at Championship level but unfortunately his kicking lets him down and that is why he’s not at that level I imagine. Shot stopping wise he’s above League One. Can’t see us keeping him unfortunately.

CB) Jason Sraha - big, powerful, pacey CB released by Barnsley last summer and has done very well considering this is his first proper year of playing professional football. I’d give him a two/three year deal as I could see us making some good money on him down the line.

LB) Mal Benning - One of our player of the seasons despite being repeatedly told he’s poor at this level. Yes he has bad days, name me a League One player that doesn’t. He’d be a solid, cheap backup to George Nurse who should hopefully be back after his ACL he suffered in pre season last year.

CM) Jack Price - Salop born and bred and finally got his dream of playing for his boyhood club. Used to watch us at old Gay Meadow back in the day and probably the only reason why we’ve got him at this level now. Far, far too good for League One currently but I reckon he’ll sign a two year deal as he loves the club. Won’t be short of offers though I’d imagine.

RW) Tunmise Sobowale - Considering we only signed him last summer from part time Waterford, I think he’s done enough for another year. He’s very raw but is a player that as soon as he receives the ball at his feet, he’s looking to drive forward and take a defender on. Fans love that entertainment wise and he’ll be a good cheap backup from the bench or to come in when injuries hit next season.

ST) Dan Udoh - This has to be our number one priority along with Jack Price to get signed up. I’ve always stood by the opinion that if he was up front for say a Bolton or Peterborough (teams that create numerous chances at this level), then he’d easily be a 15+ goal a season striker. Since the PE teach Taylor left, we’ve actually created chances and his goal scoring rate under Hurst is decent. We would struggle to do much better to replace him with what he’d be on wages wise so must keep.

GET RID

GK) Harry Burgoyne - Conference North level goalkeeper AT BEST. He’s only with us for two reason, one is that he’s cheap and the second is because he’s a local lad. We need a better quality back up as everytime Marosi has been out injured, it’s almost a guaranteed loss with Burgoyne between the sticks.

CB) Tom Flanagan - He’s improved since Hurst has come back to the club as under Taylor he was dreadful and looked like he didn’t want to play under him. We need to cut the budget though, he’s a high earner, he’ll drop down to League Two imo. We can do better.

CB) Chey Dunkley - Chey is probably our biggest earner wages wise I’d imagine. He’s been terrible since we’ve played four at the back, much better in a five at the back. Can tell his legs are slowly going over the past couple of months, losing his pace but his aerial presence is ridiculously good tbf. I reckon he’ll stay at bottom half League One, we can do better for what he’s on.

CB) Aaron Pierre - He’s surprised every Salop fan since re-signing for the club back in October. If he didn’t get injured a couple months back, he’d be on course to be in contention for player of the season. I wouldn’t be against giving him another year, especially as he’ll be cheap which is an important factor for us come summer, but I just feel like we can do better.

RB) Elliot Bennett - Shame to get rid because he’s another local lad and good to have around the club but his legs have gone now. He’ll retire and most likely join us in a coaching role if it suits both parties. Another high earner off the books.

CM) Tom Bayliss - This one has me torn. On his day he’s Championship level, unfortunately that day is one every 6/7/8 games. There’s a player in there to play higher up the pyramid but I’m not sure if it’s a mentality/attitude thing with Tom. He’ll be one of our biggest earners to on a few thousand a week at the very least, budget needs to be cut.

RW) Rayhaan Tulloch - Signed him last month and has featured once or twice from the bench. Haven’t seen enough of him but he won’t be here or at this level next season.

ST) Aiden O’Brien - His two years at Salop have been eventful. Basically refused to play under both Cotterill and Taylor but now suddenly is all for playing under Hurst. Somebody’s after a contract evidently. Get rid. League Two standard as well as he’s on silly money. Huge waste of the budget he was.

ST) Ryan Bowman - This is a shame as he’s a really nice bloke having met him a couple of times. Unfortunately he’s just not League One standard. He’ll do alright in League Two though I’d imagine. Reckon he’ll join somebody like Oldham though who’ll be throwing money around to get out of the Conference and back into the Football League.

LOANS

CB) Joe Anderson - Highly likely he’ll get released by his parent club Sunderland. Not League One standard, will be a League Two player next season.

CM) Noah Kenneh - Wow. How is he a professional footballer let alone at this level. Hurst I think has played him twice since he’s come in after he played near enough every game under Taylor for some bizarre reason. He should be at Conference North/South level and I’m not being harsh on that either. Hope for any of use lots sake he doesn’t wing his way into your club pre season.

CM) Jack Hinchy - He’s a really solid signing on loan from Brighton since January. I don’t think he’s good enough yet for a Championship loan, I’d love us to try and get him for a years long loan in the summer. Maybe we will but if not I’m almost certain he’ll be a League One loan player at a fellow rival club at this level next season.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
No sure about everyone but Ashworth, Maghoma, Ogbeta, and Ramsey will return to there parent clubs.....no idea on Evatts thoughts about bringing any back.
Bodvarrson and Jerome will surely be released......Bodvarrson will have numerous clubs chasing his signature Jerome will go coaching.
All other players are under Contract hence my confidence of winning lge 1 if we dont go up.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
In Contract
GK Isted, Ashley Maynard Brewer
RB Tennai Watson, Asiimwe, Ramsay
CB Lloyd Jones, Edmonds Green, Gillesphey
LB Edun
Mid Terry Taylor, Campbell, Anderson, Coventry
Fwd May, Leaburn, Kanu, Aneke

Not a bad place to be in. Would most like to sort out a new keeper and left back. Think Campbell will leave which is a shame as he has potential but deserves more game time. Definitely need a better attacking midfielder and a Dobson replacement to play alongside Coventry.

Out of contract
Keep

Thierry Small LB - Really impressed with him since we signed him in Feb, would love to keep him and be our first choice LB next season.

Michael Hector CB - At the start of the season and in our winless streak he looked like he couldn't be bothered but since Jones has come in he has shown how solid he is.

Terell Thomas CB - Not the most techincally gifted but is really solid at the back and versatile. Also an international so can help us tactically get games postponed if we were to miss only 2 key players as you need the 3 to get it called off

Don't Mind
Tyreeq Bakinson (his Wednesday contract expires this summer) Mid - Hasn't played too much but think he could be a good back up option - would prefer better starters though if we want to challenge top 6.

Lucas Ness CB - Burst through in 22/23 and was excellent. Got injured and has never been the same which is a huge shame. Could really do with a loan out.

Get Rid
Connor Wickham ST - With Leaburn back I think Wickham is surplus to requirements

Panutche Camara CM (his Ipswich contract expires this summer) - Way too injury prone

Lewis Ward GK - Probably join the coaching staff

George Dobson CDM - Pre contract agreement to join Fehrevar in the Hungarian League, will be sad to see him go.

Jack Payne CM - Not good enough at this level

Diallang Jaiyesimi RW - Not good enough at this level

Richard Chin - A promising youngster but don't think he will cut it at this level for a fair while

Bar Carousel

Reaction score
Supports
Portsmouth
In contract:

LB) George Nurse
CB) Morgan Feeney
LW) Jordan Shipley
CM) Carl Winchester
CM) Taylor Perry
RW) Roland Idowu
ST) Tom Bloxham
ST) Max Mata

Out of contract:

KEEP

GK) Marko Marosi - One of the best, if not the best goalkeeper in this division. I would dread to think where we would be without this man some games, should be at Championship level but unfortunately his kicking lets him down and that is why he’s not at that level I imagine. Shot stopping wise he’s above League One. Can’t see us keeping him unfortunately.

CB) Jason Sraha - big, powerful, pacey CB released by Barnsley last summer and has done very well considering this is his first proper year of playing professional football. I’d give him a two/three year deal as I could see us making some good money on him down the line.

LB) Mal Benning - One of our player of the seasons despite being repeatedly told he’s poor at this level. Yes he has bad days, name me a League One player that doesn’t. He’d be a solid, cheap backup to George Nurse who should hopefully be back after his ACL he suffered in pre season last year.

CM) Jack Price - Salop born and bred and finally got his dream of playing for his boyhood club. Used to watch us at old Gay Meadow back in the day and probably the only reason why we’ve got him at this level now. Far, far too good for League One currently but I reckon he’ll sign a two year deal as he loves the club. Won’t be short of offers though I’d imagine.

RW) Tunmise Sobowale - Considering we only signed him last summer from part time Waterford, I think he’s done enough for another year. He’s very raw but is a player that as soon as he receives the ball at his feet, he’s looking to drive forward and take a defender on. Fans love that entertainment wise and he’ll be a good cheap backup from the bench or to come in when injuries hit next season.

ST) Dan Udoh - This has to be our number one priority along with Jack Price to get signed up. I’ve always stood by the opinion that if he was up front for say a Bolton or Peterborough (teams that create numerous chances at this level), then he’d easily be a 15+ goal a season striker. Since the PE teach Taylor left, we’ve actually created chances and his goal scoring rate under Hurst is decent. We would struggle to do much better to replace him with what he’d be on wages wise so must keep.

GET RID

GK) Harry Burgoyne - Conference North level goalkeeper AT BEST. He’s only with us for two reason, one is that he’s cheap and the second is because he’s a local lad. We need a better quality back up as everytime Marosi has been out injured, it’s almost a guaranteed loss with Burgoyne between the sticks.

CB) Tom Flanagan - He’s improved since Hurst has come back to the club as under Taylor he was dreadful and looked like he didn’t want to play under him. We need to cut the budget though, he’s a high earner, he’ll drop down to League Two imo. We can do better.

CB) Chey Dunkley - Chey is probably our biggest earner wages wise I’d imagine. He’s been terrible since we’ve played four at the back, much better in a five at the back. Can tell his legs are slowly going over the past couple of months, losing his pace but his aerial presence is ridiculously good tbf. I reckon he’ll stay at bottom half League One, we can do better for what he’s on.

CB) Aaron Pierre - He’s surprised every Salop fan since re-signing for the club back in October. If he didn’t get injured a couple months back, he’d be on course to be in contention for player of the season. I wouldn’t be against giving him another year, especially as he’ll be cheap which is an important factor for us come summer, but I just feel like we can do better.

RB) Elliot Bennett - Shame to get rid because he’s another local lad and good to have around the club but his legs have gone now. He’ll retire and most likely join us in a coaching role if it suits both parties. Another high earner off the books.

CM) Tom Bayliss - This one has me torn. On his day he’s Championship level, unfortunately that day is one every 6/7/8 games. There’s a player in there to play higher up the pyramid but I’m not sure if it’s a mentality/attitude thing with Tom. He’ll be one of our biggest earners to on a few thousand a week at the very least, budget needs to be cut.

RW) Rayhaan Tulloch - Signed him last month and has featured once or twice from the bench. Haven’t seen enough of him but he won’t be here or at this level next season.

ST) Aiden O’Brien - His two years at Salop have been eventful. Basically refused to play under both Cotterill and Taylor but now suddenly is all for playing under Hurst. Somebody’s after a contract evidently. Get rid. League Two standard as well as he’s on silly money. Huge waste of the budget he was.

ST) Ryan Bowman - This is a shame as he’s a really nice bloke having met him a couple of times. Unfortunately he’s just not League One standard. He’ll do alright in League Two though I’d imagine. Reckon he’ll join somebody like Oldham though who’ll be throwing money around to get out of the Conference and back into the Football League.

LOANS

CB) Joe Anderson - Highly likely he’ll get released by his parent club Sunderland. Not League One standard, will be a League Two player next season.

CM) Noah Kenneh - Wow. How is he a professional footballer let alone at this level. Hurst I think has played him twice since he’s come in after he played near enough every game under Taylor for some bizarre reason. He should be at Conference North/South level and I’m not being harsh on that either. Hope for any of use lots sake he doesn’t wing his way into your club pre season.

CM) Jack Hinchy - He’s a really solid signing on loan from Brighton since January. I don’t think he’s good enough yet for a Championship loan, I’d love us to try and get him for a years long loan in the summer. Maybe we will but if not I’m almost certain he’ll be a League One loan player at a fellow rival club at this level next season.
We had O'Brien on loan for the second half of the 21/22 season. He was seen as a bit of a meh signing but really impressed and chipped in with a few important goals. It was surprise that we never signed him permanently that summer. We offered him some low terms and he found better with you. Always seemed like he finds another level to his performances when under pressure to earn a deal, but otherwise stagnates. Shame as he was popular in his time here and always gave his best.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Going to get sick of writing this but for the majority of this the decision is going to come down to, can you stay fit for more than 5 games at a time. So many players have been injury prone that its meant we have a lot of players in defence in particular, a lot of tough decisions for Brady.
Under Contract:

CB: Tyler Magloire (Happy to see go)
CB: Jon Guthrie
CB: Manny Monthe (Happy to see go)
CB: Max Dyche (Happy to see go)
RB: Aaron McGowan
RB: Harvey Lintott
LB: Patrick Brough (Happy to see go)
LB: Ali Koiki
CM: Jack Sowerby
CM: Will Hondermarck
RW: Sam Hoskins
LW: Mitch Pinnock

We have quite a few players under contract still as Brady was very much going for continuity from our L2 seasons. We have a bloated squad because we have had 10 players out most of the season, so lots on short contracts, particularly defenders. That being said if we want to improve next season we have to let some of the above go.

Out of contract:

Keep:
CB: Sam Sherring - He is still improving and still only 24. Comfortable on the ball and is a slightly underrated defender IMO. I think he will go to a big L1 team though and get himself a big pay rise, understandably.

CB/RB/LB: Akin Odimayo: Shock horror, he has injury issues. Versatile and comfortable on the ball across the back line and he is still young. I think hes worth keeping hold of but again needs to prove his durability.

Dont Mind:

GK: Lee Burge - Good L1 keeper but hes injury prone and you need a reliable number 1. If he stays and is fit then id be happy, but its difficult to guarantee that.

CB: Liam Moore - Has proven pedigree with Reading and he is not that old, clearly a leader. INJURY ISSUES. Maybe a 1 year deal... does not exactly need the money.

CB: Jordan Willis - Was good for us for a period of time and then got injured. Cannot keep him and Moore. Would need to release some of our contracted CB's also.

CM: Ben Fox - Its a tough one as he has had huge injury problems. When he plays though he is great. I would offer him a 1 year deal with a club option of another and give him the chance to prove his fitness

CM: Shaun McWilliams - A local lad, hes not good enough on the ball to go to higher, but his athleticism and ability to break up play is a huge asset. Downside, hes injured a lot (who isnt). Keep one of him or Fox, dont think we will keep both.

ST: Louis Appere - I am lower on him than others in our fan base who loves him. Works super hard but has no physicallity or aerial ability. If he was a 3rd option as a striker and was cheap id keep him, otherwise get rid.

Release:

Danny Hytlon: The worst signing of recent memory for us. Never scored for us despite coming with a big reputation. Been injured for ages and spends most of his time coaching / commentating or tweeting about Luton. Probably retires and coaches the Luton kids.

Ryan Haynes: Been injured and not good enough anyway, back to L2.

Peter Abimbola: Come through the academy but barely featured, let go.

Dominic Gape: Release, came in short term and looked decent but injury prone.

Loanees:

GK: Louie Moulden - Had him since January from Wolves, been very ropey. Wouldnt want back.

CM: Marc Leonard - On loan from Brighton. POTS for us and quite simply has been unbelievable. Look forward to seeing how his career plays out. Guaranteed to at least be in the championship next season. Has everything you would want from a loanee and midfielder. Pure class, wont see him again at this level.

RW / ST: Kieron Bowie - On loan from Fulham. Been here for 2 years on loan now and hes got better and better. Real physicality for a younger player and hes added more goals to his games. He has a young family in Scotland so I can see him going to a club up there or a northern English club. Would love to keep him but think he goes to a bigger club.

ST: Tyreece Simpson - On loan from Huddersfield. Hes baffling. Hes an absolute unit but cannot head the ball, but is absolutely rapid when he wants to be. He has had a rollercoaster of a time here, was awful for the first few months, became great and slowly got worse again. Definitely a player in there but he needs a team that is more likely to play through balls to him. I wouldnt be against seeing him again but think he goes on loan somewhere else. Has the ability to get goals at L1 for sure.

LW/RW: Tony Springett - On loan from Norwich. Not seen a lot of game time since being here, seems to work hard but hard to make a judgement on limited minutes.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I once played Ryan Haynes at leisure leagues back in his Coventry days. Not sure it was a wise idea given some of the tackles that used to go in. He was a bit of a cheat code

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Still under Contract:

Jed Ward (until 2028)
Jack Hunt (2025)
James Wilson (2025)
James Connolly (2025)
Connor Taylor (2026)
Luke McCormick (2025)
Kamil Conteh (2027)
Grant Ward (2025)
Luke Thomas (2026)
Antony Evans (2025)
Jevani Brown (2025 - option of another year)

Out of Contract:

Lewis Gordon
James Gibbons
Luca Hoole
Josh Grant
Scott Sinclair
Sam Finley
Jordan Rossiter
Chris Martin (option of another year)
John Marquis

We have no strikers contracted, so although he hasnt been as effective lately id like to see Chris Martin stay another season, not bothered about any of the other out-of-contracts.
I like Sam Finley but he has been too inconsistent this season so thanks but goodbye.
Scott Sinclair flatters to deceive tbh - not arsed either way.
Marquis I would not be worried if he rocked up to play against my Sunday side - offers nothing but offsides and fouls

Those under contract - James Wilson id be happy to see leave he has been a massive disappointment and giving fans some stick back doesnt bode well.
Jack Hunt is very decent but always injured.
Jevani Brown needs to step up or get gone.

We may decide to cash in on Evans and possibly Brown in the summer. Evans could play at a higher level for sure.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
We had two or three years of not disclosing player contract lengths so some of ours we're not 100% sure on (the Supporters Board and Trust then requested the Club revert to disclosing them, which they started doing again last season).

We're going to see strong interest in Jenson, Sorenson, Roughan, House and Erhahon in my opinion and all only have one year left on their deals unless the latter has an option, which he may do.

Generally speaking, we're in a decent place in terms of those in and out of contract. Doesn't look like we're going to be lumbered with any big earners or horrendous signings and the best performers are under contract. Perhaps the best we've been in that respect since we've been in L1.

Under Contract
Goalkeepers
Lukas Jenson - Was unsure initially, he was a bit hesitant early in the season but has been excellent. Kicking can be horrendous, mind. KEEP.
Jordan Wright - A decent back-up. KEEP.
Sam Long - Young 'keeper, only a year left on his deal. Will head out on loan against next season. KEEP.

Defenders
Adam Jackson - Our best CB but hasn't got back into the side since Stockley broke his nose a few weeks back. KEEP.
Sean Roughan - Around 100 appearances for us and only 20. We thought he was going to leave last summer but signed a two year deal and been excellent in a back three this season. We'll either cash in or hope he signs a new deal. Worst case scenario is a tribunal setting the fee. KEEP.
Paudie O'Connor - One of the ones we don't know when he contact is up so I'm assuming he signed a three year deal. A proper warrior type defender that everyone needs. Suits a back three, would struggle in a four. KEEP.
Jaden Brown - Only lasted six months and hardly played before being shipped out on loan. Be amazed if he was still with us by the end of the summer transfer window. GET RID.

Midfielders
Ethan Erhahon - Rolls Royce of a midfielder, he'll have serious interest in him this summer. KEEP.

Ethan Hamilton - Been injured for a couple of months now but up to that point he'd been a consistent performer. Gets stuck in and decent on the ball as well. KEEP.

Alistair Smith - Talk around January was that he didn't fit Skubala's profile of player, so despite only signing on a free in the summer, he'll probably be out again either on loan or permanent. I didn't think he was the worst back-option we've ever had but if we can get better then we should. UNSURE.

Reeco Hackett - Another one who's missed a chunk of the season that we missed. Doubt he envisaged playing LWB in the second half of this season but done fairly well, even if he's not a defender (much like Sorenson on the other side I suppose!). KEEP.

Dylan Duffy - Young Irish lad, not nailed down a place yet but developing well. KEEP.

Attackers
Jack Moylan - Made a big impact since his January move, although he's spent more time having to play in CM than his actual position. KEEP.

Freddie Draper - Had an excellent loan spell in the League of Ireland and then with Walsall. The minutes of our strikers have been shared out a bit so he's not a had a proper run in the side but he's got lots of promise. KEEP.

Ben House - We missed him so much in the first half of this season, he's the physical focal point of the attack to get up the pitch. KEEP.

Tyler Walker - Been injured since September but a good L1 striker on his day. Only a year left on his deal. KEEP.

Jovon Makama - Bit of a turnaround for him recently, he already looks to be developing under Skubala. Was due to go to Peterborough Sports on loan but thrust into leading the line as a lone striker when our injury crisis hit. Only a young lad. KEEP.

Out of Contract

Defenders
TJ Eyoma - He's not really performed as he should have done since he made his loan move permanent and hasn't been able to nail a place down. Decent back-up, but I imagine he's on a contract that perhaps reflects the first teamer we thought he would be. UNSURE.

Lewis Montsma - He'd have been a Championship defender if it wasn't for his first ACL injury. He was back for five games then did his ACL in his other knee. That's three times he's done it now (once prior to signing for us) and I'd be amazed if he wasn't advised to retire. Unfortunately, the budget will need to be spent elsewhere. GET RID.
Jay Benn - Signed for a small fee from Halifax as a project signing but spent nearly all of it out on loan. No-one actually knows what he's like. UNSURE.
Lasse Sorenson - I was sceptical that he'd make that RWB position his own but he's a bit of a cult hero in LN5. Full of energy, never injured and fairly consistent. Much better than CM where he was for the first two seasons here. Out of contract but we have a years option on him apparently. KEEP.

Midfielders
Danny Mandroiu - He's down as out of contract but no-one is 100% sure. Bit of a discipline issues at times this season (on the pitch, not off it) and cost us points with stupid sending offs but you can't deny that he can spot a pass and sees things other don't. Like Moylan, having to play out of position in CM for a while. KEEP.

Teddy Bishop - This one will split opinion between the fanbase. A fit Bishop knits things together and progresses the ball from defence to attack but you have to manage his minutes and he can sometimes be anonymous. Half the fan base think he's worth managing of minutes, half don't. I'm not 100% sure either way in all honesty. It comes down to what sort of contract he's on in my opinion. UNDECIDED.

Hakeeb Adelakun - Might be doing well at Doncaster but he's apparently a big earner and not shown anything like L1 quality and/or that it was ever going to work here. GET RID.

Loans Ending

Defenders
Alex Mitchell - Took a while to get into the side but has been a monster for us, would have him back.

Jack Burroughs - An ever present before his car accident around NYD and hasn't managed to get back into the side. He's been fine, but I wouldn't be pushing to have him back.

Midfielders
Connor McGrandles - I'm guessing we might try and resign him this summer, which everyone would welcome I think. Performed well here until his season ending ankle operation.

Strikers
Joe Taylor - No chance of keeping him but would!

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Going to get sick of writing this but for the majority of this the decision is going to come down to, can you stay fit for more than 5 games at a time. So many players have been injury prone that its meant we have a lot of players in defence in particular, a lot of tough decisions for Brady.
Under Contract:

We have quite a few players under contract still as Brady was very much going for continuity from our L2 seasons. We have a bloated squad because we have had 10 players out most of the season, so lots on short contracts, particularly defenders. That being said if we want to improve next season we have to let some of the above go.

Out of contract:

Keep:
CB: Sam Sherring - He is still improving and still only 24. Comfortable on the ball and is a slightly underrated defender IMO. I think he will go to a big L1 team though and get himself a big pay rise, understandably.

CB/RB/LB: Akin Odimayo: Shock horror, he has injury issues. Versatile and comfortable on the ball across the back line and he is still young. I think hes worth keeping hold of but again needs to prove his durability.

Dont Mind:

GK: Lee Burge - Good L1 keeper but hes injury prone and you need a reliable number 1. If he stays and is fit then id be happy, but its difficult to guarantee that.

CB: Liam Moore - Has proven pedigree with Reading and he is not that old, clearly a leader. INJURY ISSUES. Maybe a 1 year deal... does not exactly need the money.

CB: Jordan Willis - Was good for us for a period of time and then got injured. Cannot keep him and Moore. Would need to release some of our contracted CB's also.

CM: Ben Fox - Its a tough one as he has had huge injury problems. When he plays though he is great. I would offer him a 1 year deal with a club option of another and give him the chance to prove his fitness

CM: Shaun McWilliams - A local lad, hes not good enough on the ball to go to higher, but his athleticism and ability to break up play is a huge asset. Downside, hes injured a lot (who isnt). Keep one of him or Fox, dont think we will keep both.

ST: Louis Appere - I am lower on him than others in our fan base who loves him. Works super hard but has no physicallity or aerial ability. If he was a 3rd option as a striker and was cheap id keep him, otherwise get rid.

Release:

Danny Hytlon: The worst signing of recent memory for us. Never scored for us despite coming with a big reputation. Been injured for ages and spends most of his time coaching / commentating or tweeting about Luton. Probably retires and coaches the Luton kids.

Loanees:

GK: Louie Moulden - Had him since January from Wolves, been very ropey. Wouldnt want back.

CM: Marc Leonard - On loan from Brighton. POTS for us and quite simply has been unbelievable. Look forward to seeing how his career plays out. Guaranteed to at least be in the championship next season. Has everything you would want from a loanee and midfielder. Pure class, wont see him again at this level.

RW / ST: Kieron Bowie - On loan from Fulham. Been here for 2 years on loan now and hes got better and better. Real physicality for a younger player and hes added more goals to his games. He has a young family in Scotland so I can see him going to a club up there or a northern English club. Would love to keep him but think he goes to a bigger club.

ST: Tyreece Simpson - On loan from Huddersfield. Hes baffling. Hes an absolute unit but cannot head the ball, but is absolutely rapid when he wants to be. He has had a rollercoaster of a time here, was awful for the first few months, became great and slowly got worse again. Definitely a player in there but he needs a team that is more likely to play through balls to him. I wouldnt be against seeing him again but think he goes on loan somewhere else. Has the ability to get goals at L1 for sure.

LW/RW: Tony Springett - On loan from Norwich. Not seen a lot of game time since being here, seems to work hard but hard to make a judgement on limited minutes.

Agree with a lot of this. Only thing I differ on is I’d get rid of Burge, Moore, Appere and Fox as well. Appere is a difficult one as he definitely works his socks off but his finishing is just too slow, wish he’d shoot first time more as he often lets promising positions drift off and defenders get back etc.

With our budget we can’t carry those sorts of injury prone players who don’t contribute for 35 plus games. More of a rebuild needed this summer for sure but should have some £ in the budget.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Agree with a lot of this. Only thing I differ on is I’d get rid of Burge, Moore, Appere and Fox as well. Appere is a difficult one as he definitely works his socks off but his finishing is just too slow, wish he’d shoot first time more as he often lets promising positions drift off and defenders get back etc.

With our budget we can’t carry those sorts of injury prone players who don’t contribute for 35 plus games. More of a rebuild needed this summer for sure but should have some £ in the budget.

Im very much in agreement on Appere. Only reason I think he will stay is that with Simpson and Bowie going back and Hylton being out of contract it would leave us with no strikers on the books. He mentioned he was in talks with the club so think he will end up staying, we need at least 2 new ones though. Completely agree on taking far too long to shoot and often passing up on the shot when its available, needs to be way more greedy.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In contract:

LB) George Nurse
CB) Morgan Feeney
LW) Jordan Shipley
CM) Carl Winchester
CM) Taylor Perry
RW) Roland Idowu
ST) Tom Bloxham
ST) Max Mata

Out of contract:

KEEP

GET RID

LOANS

In spite of his increasing years, I'd take Dunkley all day long. Always looked solid against us and is a real unit that heads it and kicks it. Something we've missed since Leon Legge left us.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
In Contract
GK Isted, Ashley Maynard Brewer
RB Tennai Watson, Asiimwe, Ramsay
CB Lloyd Jones, Edmonds Green, Gillesphey
LB Edun
Mid Terry Taylor, Campbell, Anderson, Coventry
Fwd May, Leaburn, Kanu, Aneke

Not a bad place to be in. Would most like to sort out a new keeper and left back. Think Campbell will leave which is a shame as he has potential but deserves more game time. Definitely need a better attacking midfielder and a Dobson replacement to play alongside Coventry.

Out of contract
Keep

Thierry Small LB - Really impressed with him since we signed him in Feb, would love to keep him and be our first choice LB next season.

Michael Hector CB - At the start of the season and in our winless streak he looked like he couldn't be bothered but since Jones has come in he has shown how solid he is.

Terell Thomas CB - Not the most techincally gifted but is really solid at the back and versatile. Also an international so can help us tactically get games postponed if we were to miss only 2 key players as you need the 3 to get it called off

Don't Mind
Tyreeq Bakinson (his Wednesday contract expires this summer) Mid - Hasn't played too much but think he could be a good back up option - would prefer better starters though if we want to challenge top 6.

Lucas Ness CB - Burst through in 22/23 and was excellent. Got injured and has never been the same which is a huge shame. Could really do with a loan out.

Get Rid
Connor Wickham ST - With Leaburn back I think Wickham is surplus to requirements

Panutche Camara CM (his Ipswich contract expires this summer) - Way too injury prone

Lewis Ward GK - Probably join the coaching staff

George Dobson CDM - Pre contract agreement to join Fehrevar in the Hungarian League, will be sad to see him go.

Jack Payne CM - Not good enough at this level

Diallang Jaiyesimi RW - Not good enough at this level

Richard Chin - A promising youngster but don't think he will cut it at this level for a fair while
Amazed that you've got a tune out of Small. He looked miles off league standard when we had him at the start of last season and I thought he'd disappear into non league. One of our worst loan signings of recent years and we've had some stinkers. Strikes me as a London/Southern boy who just can't settle oop North.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Im very much in agreement on Appere. Only reason I think he will stay is that with Simpson and Bowie going back and Hylton being out of contract it would leave us with no strikers on the books. He mentioned he was in talks with the club so think he will end up staying, we need at least 2 new ones though. Completely agree on taking far too long to shoot and often passing up on the shot when its available, needs to be way more greedy.

Yeah definitely telling he’s already in talks whereas Burge Willis etc aren’t atm. Definitely need some durability.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Depends largely on division but the one problem we have is most are under contract!

The handful out of contract are:

Leutweiler - back up keeper, would keep, useful for the Pizza games

Lewis Cass - out on loan and likely to leave, maybe worth keeping if we go down as looked good for us in L2

Gavin Massey - Leave, not been good enough

James Wilson - Keep in L2, if in L1 I would only if we can get Loft out and bring in two decent strikers so he is third choice.

Uche - Likely to leave, i do like him though despite views from most of the fan base

Rhys Walters - Rumoured to be off Stoke, assume we get decent compo but looks a real prospect.

Of those under contract I would try and move on Dan Jones, Connor Grant has been way below expectation, Ryan Loft, Tom Sang and maybe Jason Lowe who's knocking on now.

Ojo depends on his attitude, easily our best player but doesnt seem to want to be here.

Must keep Garrity, Chislett, Ripley at all costs and build around Dipepa, Shorrock and Plant if we go down certainly as they look very good prospects.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Depends largely on division but the one problem we have is most are under contract!

The handful out of contract are:

Leutweiler - back up keeper, would keep, useful for the Pizza games

Lewis Cass - out on loan and likely to leave, maybe worth keeping if we go down as looked good for us in L2

Gavin Massey - Leave, not been good enough

James Wilson - Keep in L2, if in L1 I would only if we can get Loft out and bring in two decent strikers so he is third choice.

Uche - Likely to leave, i do like him though despite views from most of the fan base

Rhys Walters - Rumoured to be off Stoke, assume we get decent compo but looks a real prospect.

Of those under contract I would try and move on Dan Jones, Connor Grant has been way below expectation, Ryan Loft, Tom Sang and maybe Jason Lowe who's knocking on now.

Ojo depends on his attitude, easily our best player but doesnt seem to want to be here.

Must keep Garrity, Chislett, Ripley at all costs and build around Dipepa, Shorrock and Plant if we go down certainly as they look very good prospects.
Plymouth fans were saying we were getting a class player in Connor Grant. I must admit that when we signed him I thought it was a real statement signing but he's just such a nothing player that I'm struggling to see how Plymouth ever thought there was a player there. I'd offload all the out of contract players and also look to move on Jones (madness that we gave him a new contract), Loft, Sang and Lowe. I'd be tempted to move Ojo on as there is clearly a good player in there but over 2 seasons he's been our first choice midfielder in a struggling side. We desperately need to completely remodel our team, irrelevant of what league we are in.

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Amazed that you've got a tune out of Small. He looked miles off league standard when we had him at the start of last season and I thought he'd disappear into non league. One of our worst loan signings of recent years and we've had some stinkers. Strikes me as a London/Southern boy who just can't settle oop North.

Born in…Solihull. :pond:

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Under contract:

Sam Howes (GK) - Been the backup all season after being plucked from non-League. Conceded all four shots on target he faced in his one appearance. Keep I guess.

Omar Beckles (CB, captain) - Not really up to the job ability-wise at this level, but invaluable as one of the few ‘old heads’ in the squad. Imagine we’ll keep him for the last year of his contract but I’d rather he wasn’t first choice.

Brandon Cooper (CB) - Decent on the ball but doesn’t like heading it much. Will be first choice next year. Keep.

Jayden Sweeney (LB) - Young, adventurous full back. Raw but plenty of promise. Would hope he can make the position his own next season. Keep

Jordan Brown (DM) - Probably been our best contracted player this season. No-brainer keep.

Max Sanders (AM) - Flatters to deceive and injury-prone. Wellens likes him but I’m not fussed.

Ethan Galbraith (AM) - Most talented contracted player at the club. Criminally underused at the start of the season and stuck at right back for the rest of it. I’d build the entire team around him. Keep.

Ollie O’Neill (LW) - Flashy wide player signed from Fulham in January. Proper shit footballer’s hair, soft from years of U23 football and doesn’t like running much. Bit of a baller though. Keep

Jordan Graham (RW) - Skilful & experienced. Our most dangerous creative outlet until he got crocked. Desperate to see him alongside Agyei at some point. Keep

Dan Agyei (SC) - If he’d been fit all season we’d have made the playoffs. Said with a completely straight face. Keep

Joe Piggott (SC) - Tries his hardest but he is a broken down auld donkey who is utterly unsuitable for RW’s style of play. Huge ricket of a signing. Hopefully offload on a free.

Youngsters with fleeting first team action who should all stay around: Rhys Byrne (GK), Zech Obiero (MC) & Charlie Pegrum (FW)

Out of contract:

Dan Happe (CB) - The stand-out defender at the club, he is Peterborough’s choice to replace Ronnie Edwards. Imagine we’ll exercise his optional year and then give MacAnthony a bargain. Sell

Jack Simpson (CB) - I hear we’re a racist club now, Father. How did we get into this sort of thing? Feck off. But he’ll probably play 46 games after we extend him in the summer.

Rob Hunt (FB) - Versatile but limited. Depends what we’re after as a club next season. I’d let him walk, particularly because…

Tom James (FB) - …is the other option. Defensively you take your chances with him, but he is League One quality on the ball, two footed and has a long throw. Some O’s fans would bin him off but they’re idiots. Keep.

Darren Pratley (CM) - “One more year, one more year, Darren Pratley…” starts the song. Kinder to take him out the back of the North Stand and have him shot at this point. Retire please.

George Moncur (AM) - A huge weight off the wage bill. And I’m not just talking about his wages. Sure Notts County or someone with too much money will take a shine to his enormous arse. Cheerio you chubby weirdo.

Ruel Sotiriou (FW) - Always hated him but undoubtedly had his best season as a pro. Maybe he’s figured it out. Reckon he might hilariously overestimate his own ability and engineer a Championship move. Re-sign if possible.

Loan Players

Sol Brynn (GK) - Been generally good. So few keeping slots open in the League that I guess there’s a chance we could get him back. Would definitely have him again.

Idris El Mizouni (CM) - Far too good for us. Probably not good enough for Ipswich. Some twats like Reading will probably swoop in for him.

Shaq Forde (SC) - Good little player who has downed tools in the past couple of weeks now our season is over. Reckon Watford will give him a shot next year.

Dan Adu-Agyei (FW) & Kayvon Edwards (SC) - A duo of panic-signings in the last minute of the January transfer window when a striker fell through. DAA (Bournemouth) might make it at Weymouth but Edwards (Arsenal) has zero chance of anything better than flipping burgers.

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
I think his problem, and the problem of many young stars, is it all came too fast for him. Everton's youngest ever player, bids from Real Madrid and Southampton paying quite a hefty fee for a 16 year old. Probably let it go to his head a bit and thought he was too good for league one. Feels like he has readjusted his expectations a bit and he is still only 19 so plenty of time to improve further

folletto

Reaction score
Supports
Charlton
Under contract:

Sam Howes (GK) - Been the backup all season after being plucked from non-League. Conceded all four shots on target he faced in his one appearance. Keep I guess.

Omar Beckles (CB, captain) - Not really up to the job ability-wise at this level, but invaluable as one of the few ‘old heads’ in the squad. Imagine we’ll keep him for the last year of his contract but I’d rather he wasn’t first choice.

Brandon Cooper (CB) - Decent on the ball but doesn’t like heading it much. Will be first choice next year. Keep.

Jayden Sweeney (LB) - Young, adventurous full back. Raw but plenty of promise. Would hope he can make the position his own next season. Keep

Jordan Brown (DM) - Probably been our best contracted player this season. No-brainer keep.

Max Sanders (AM) - Flatters to deceive and injury-prone. Wellens likes him but I’m not fussed.

Ethan Galbraith (AM) - Most talented contracted player at the club. Criminally underused at the start of the season and stuck at right back for the rest of it. I’d build the entire team around him. Keep.

Ollie O’Neill (LW) - Flashy wide player signed from Fulham in January. Proper shit footballer’s hair, soft from years of U23 football and doesn’t like running much. Bit of a baller though. Keep

Jordan Graham (RW) - Skilful & experienced. Our most dangerous creative outlet until he got crocked. Desperate to see him alongside Agyei at some point. Keep

Dan Agyei (SC) - If he’d been fit all season we’d have made the playoffs. Said with a completely straight face. Keep

Joe Piggott (SC) - Tries his hardest but he is a broken down auld donkey who is utterly unsuitable for RW’s style of play. Huge ricket of a signing. Hopefully offload on a free.

Youngsters with fleeting first team action who should all stay around: Rhys Byrne (GK), Zech Obiero (MC) & Charlie Pegrum (FW)

Out of contract:

Dan Happe (CB) - The stand-out defender at the club, he is Peterborough’s choice to replace Ronnie Edwards. Imagine we’ll exercise his optional year and then give MacAnthony a bargain. Sell

Jack Simpson (CB) - I hear we’re a racist club now, Father. How did we get into this sort of thing? Feck off. But he’ll probably play 46 games after we extend him in the summer.

Rob Hunt (FB) - Versatile but limited. Depends what we’re after as a club next season. I’d let him walk, particularly because…

Tom James (FB) - …is the other option. Defensively you take your chances with him, but he is League One quality on the ball, two footed and has a long throw. Some O’s fans would bin him off but they’re idiots. Keep.

Darren Pratley (CM) - “One more year, one more year, Darren Pratley…” starts the song. Kinder to take him out the back of the North Stand and have him shot at this point. Retire please.

George Moncur (AM) - A huge weight off the wage bill. And I’m not just talking about his wages. Sure Notts County or someone with too much money will take a shine to his enormous arse. Cheerio you chubby weirdo.

Ruel Sotiriou (FW) - Always hated him but undoubtedly had his best season as a pro. Maybe he’s figured it out. Reckon he might hilariously overestimate his own ability and engineer a Championship move. Re-sign if possible.

Loan Players

Sol Brynn (GK) - Been generally good. So few keeping slots open in the League that I guess there’s a chance we could get him back. Would definitely have him again.

Idris El Mizouni (CM) - Far too good for us. Probably not good enough for Ipswich. Some twats like Reading will probably swoop in for him.

Shaq Forde (SC) - Good little player who has downed tools in the past couple of weeks now our season is over. Reckon Watford will give him a shot next year.

Dan Adu-Agyei (FW) & Kayvon Edwards (SC) - A duo of panic-signings in the last minute of the January transfer window when a striker fell through. DAA (Bournemouth) might make it at Weymouth but Edwards (Arsenal) has zero chance of anything better than flipping burgers.
Pratley was lagging badly 3 years ago for us. Orient have worked miracles to get another 3 years out of him, great player though.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Under contract:

Out of contract:

Loan Players

Has Archibald left?

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Will give this a go, but it's difficult until we know for sure which division we'll be in:

In Contract
Lewis Freestone (CB) - If we stay up I think he'll stay. Wouldn't be surprised if a bid from a middling League 1 team came in if we're relegated though

Elliott Bonds (CM) - Same as Lewis Freestone

Liam Kinsella (CM) - Will be crucial in our midfield next season, regardless of division

Aidan Keena (ST) - League 2 could be good for him - if not he'll be backup in League 1

Rob Street (ST) - Will lead the line next season

Tom King (ST) - Youth player - will probably go out on loan

Matty Taylor (ST) - Expect him to take a back seat next season

Jordan Thomas (Wing) - Our most exciting player at the moment - big hopes for him to push on next season

Max Harris (GK) - Been out on loan all season - suspect he'll have his contract paid up

Out of Contract
Luke Southwood (GK) - Bigger clubs interested, he'll go even if it's to be a number 2 on more money than he can get at Cheltenahm

Jamie Pardington (GK) - Back up keeper - will be let go

Sean Long (RB/RWB) - Captain Fantastic - I expect him to be offered terms and to stay

Curtis Davies (CB) - Will retire

Tom Bradbury (CB) - Can do a job in League 2 and hasn't looked out of place in League 1. Will probably look for regular games elsewhere though

Will Ferry (LB/LWB) - Think clubs will be looking at him. Would keep him if we can, but expect him to head off elsewhere

Ben Williams (LB/LWB) - Will be let go - he'll find a League 2 club in Yorkshire no doubt

Liam Sercombe (CM) - Depends on him I think. Probably has another season in him, we'll offer a deal. May want to step down a level and put his feet up though.

Tom Pett (CM) - Has a trigger for a new year apparently - we will enforce it.

Josh Harrop (M) - Not pulled up any trees, will be let go regardless of which division we're in

Greg Sloggett (CM) - Will probably be offered a new deal as he's cheap and not too bad to be honest.

George Lloyd (ST) - Apparently has bigger clubs looking at him and will be going. An absolute workhorse, but useless in front of goal.

Loanees
Andy Smith (CB) - Needs another loan at League 2 level. Not with us.

Jack Shepherd (CB) - Will go back to Barnsley and pray he's never sent out on loan again

Joe Nuttall (ST) - Will return to Oldham on his silly wages and won't trouble the EFL again.

Last edited:

Si Robin

Reaction score
Supports
Cheltenham Town
To be fair to him, he's not been too bad in the last couple of games. He's not League 1 standard though and I doubt he's League 2 anymore either.

Strawberry_Jam

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
Under Contract:

Out of contract:

Keep:

Dont Mind:

Release:

Loanees:

Quite surprised by some of your ruthlessness with a few, I think based on our best finishing position in years, finances and big overhaul of players that will be going compared to last year....+ Hylton wages and others going...

Contracted:
First of all I'd look to offload Monthe and Dyche as well. Brough has according to Brady's latest report has been playing with an injury and clearly showed in his form, before that he'd done a decent job..I'd keep Magloire and see how he gets on with his 1 remaining year left.

Offer Contracts:
Willis/Moore - I'd offer a 1 year deal to one of them only, probably Willis as first in the door, younger and more likely to be fit than Moore.
Sherring - won't sign, v sorry to see him go.
Odimayo - versatile and young/room to improve.
Fox - Class player, worth the risk.
McWilliams - not had his best season, but still a first teamer when on it.
Appere - I like him and Brady won't want to go into new season without 1 striker.

Bowie - if there is any way to get him back...

Release:
Burge (I'd keep if not injured all the time)
Haynes
Gape
Abimbola
Hylton

Rudimentary squad:

Goalkeepers: 2 or 1 starter + Dadge

Defenders: McGowan, Lintott, Magloire, Odimayo, Moore/Willis, Guthrie, Koiki, Brough, RCB, LCB

Midfielders: Sowerby, Fox, McWilliams, Hondermarck, Pinnock, W, CAM, P\M - Leonard replacement.

Forwards: Hoskins, Appere + 2/3 new ST (Bowie?)

The dream? I hope Reuben Wyatt and Josh Tomlinson have break out seasons/also get a run out in next 3 games

So potentially looking for 8/10 new players.

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury
Will give this a go, but it's difficult until we know for sure which division we'll be in:

In Contract
Lewis Freestone (CB) - If we stay up I think he'll stay. Wouldn't be surprised if a bid from a middling League 1 team came in if we're relegated though

Elliott Bonds (CM) - Same as Lewis Freestone

Liam Kinsella (CM) - Will be crucial in our midfield next season, regardless of division

Aidan Keena (ST) - League 2 could be good for him - if not he'll be backup in League 1

Rob Street (ST) - Will lead the line next season

Tom King (ST) - Youth player - will probably go out on loan

Matty Taylor (ST) - Expect him to take a back seat next season

Jordan Thomas (Wing) - Our most exciting player at the moment - big hopes for him to push on next season

Max Harris (GK) - Been out on loan all season - suspect he'll have his contract paid up

Out of Contract
Luke Southwood (GK) - Bigger clubs interested, he'll go even if it's to be a number 2 on more money than he can get at Cheltenahm

Jamie Pardington (GK) - Back up keeper - will be let go

Sean Long (RB/RWB) - Captain Fantastic - I expect him to be offered terms and to stay

Curtis Davies (CB) - Will retire

Tom Bradbury (CB) - Can do a job in League 2 and hasn't looked out of place in League 1. Will probably look for regular games elsewhere though

Will Ferry (LB/LWB) - Think clubs will be looking at him. Would keep him if we can, but expect him to head off elsewhere

Ben Williams (LB/LWB) - Will be let go - he'll find a League 2 club in Yorkshire no doubt

Liam Sercombe (CM) - Depends on him I think. Probably has another season in him, we'll offer a deal. May want to step down a level and put his feet up though.

Tom Pett (CM) - Has a trigger for a new year apparently - we will enforce it.

Josh Harrop (M) - Not pulled up any trees, will be let go regardless of which division we're in

Greg Sloggett (CM) - Will probably be offered a new deal as he's cheap and not too bad to be honest.

George Lloyd (ST) - Apparently has bigger clubs looking at him and will be going. An absolute workhorse, but useless in front of goal.

Loanees
Andy Smith (CB) - Needs another loan at League 2 level. Not with us.

Jack Shepherd (CB) - Will go back to Barnsley and pray he's never sent out on loan again

Joe Nuttall (ST) - Will return to Oldham on his silly wages and won't trouble the EFL again.
It’s highly likely Marko Marosi will be leaving us in the summer so we’ll be in the market for a new number one. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us in for Luke Southwood as both Mickey Moore and Tom Ware are fans of his. Depends if Paul Hurst gives them the green light though as unlike Matt Taylor, Hurst has the final say on transfers from now on.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
Still under Contract:

Jed Ward (until 2028)
Jack Hunt (2025)
James Wilson (2025)
James Connolly (2025)
Connor Taylor (2026)
Luke McCormick (2025)
Kamil Conteh (2027)
Grant Ward (2025)
Luke Thomas (2026)
Antony Evans (2025)
Jevani Brown (2025 - option of another year)

Out of Contract:

Lewis Gordon
James Gibbons
Luca Hoole
Josh Grant
Scott Sinclair
Sam Finley
Jordan Rossiter
Chris Martin (option of another year)
John Marquis

We have no strikers contracted, so although he hasnt been as effective lately id like to see Chris Martin stay another season, not bothered about any of the other out-of-contracts.
I like Sam Finley but he has been too inconsistent this season so thanks but goodbye.
Scott Sinclair flatters to deceive tbh - not arsed either way.
Marquis I would not be worried if he rocked up to play against my Sunday side - offers nothing but offsides and fouls

Those under contract - James Wilson id be happy to see leave he has been a massive disappointment and giving fans some stick back doesnt bode well.
Jack Hunt is very decent but always injured.
Jevani Brown needs to step up or get gone.

We may decide to cash in on Evans and possibly Brown in the summer. Evans could play at a higher level for sure.
Hopefully most will be got rid of -- After last night I would happily get rid of the lot.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
One of you unlucky bastards will probably end up with Ben Woodburn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbwomble
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!