November

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Only four league games for most sides this month, due to FA Cup action (and perhaps the critically endangered Replay) so let's add it to your predictions.

(There's also probably some Insert Sponsor Here Trophy games but the PL are happy with those so they're not endangered)

Dave Challinor's Big Dick Swingers are on the back of an eleven-match winning streak, which has to be ended by somebody at some point. Let's look at the possible candidates...

4th: Worksop Town (H) FA Cup - a home tie against one of the lowest ranked sides in the competition has got to be the ideal for most clubs. We'll be fielding a more weakened side but don't think we've got enough fit players to switch up the whole XI, and I wouldn't want to take anything for granted either, it wasn't so long ago we were playing league games against many of the sides in Worksop's current division. I'm going to go for a perfunctory 2-0 win

11th: Swindon (A) - one of the most dangerous sides in the division but they've really fallen away the last few weeks. Reckon they've got some excellent individuals but they're playing like individuals so we'll take advantage of the current slump, 3-1 to County

14th: Bolton (H) Pointless Trophy - both teams have already qualified from the group, thus rendering this game even more pointless. If the streak ends then it happens here. 7-4 to Bolton or summat, who cares. Actually that sounds too exciting, we'll just lose 1-0 on penalties.

18th: Colchester (H) - ah yes, Matthew Etherington and Colchester United, the fascinating, long-running saga that absolutely nobody cares about. Col U's pre-match preparations thrown into chaos when WAGMI send a hotshot New York lawyer with a cease-and-desist to the dugout two minutes before kick-off. 3-0 to the mighty Hatters.

25th: Newport (A) - a game that will go down in the history books as one of those matches taking place that particular weekend. Who will win? Will it be us? Will it be them? It will be us. 2-1.

28th: Salford (H) - the end of the league winning streak here, I reckon, Gary Neville doing cartwheels in his hotel bedroom. Particularly as we'll have to do without the mercurial Odin Bailey who is on loan from them. 1-2 to the Hobby Club.

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
Salford A
Newport H
Swindon A
Tranmere H

Absolutely have to be winning both the home games, then take a point at both Salford and Swindon. 8 points, anything more than that would be an excellent month for us.

We’ve got 3 cup games this month though so although I don’t imagine many of those starting games every week will play in the games against Everton B and Burton in the Pizza cup

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
If you're correct we would equal Luton's record at this level of 12 wins on the spins against Colchester and better it against Newport. Can't see it personally. Something's telling me Colchester catch us cold on the 18th. Random shout but just seems the type of game.

I never fully take part in these, a week is a long time in football. There will be plenty of twists and turns over the season.

Pilot_Phonic

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Mansfield (A) - FA Cup - I'd be happy with a draw and get them back at home (depending on who the 2nd round is) but not happy at the same time. Wouldn't be surprised whichever way it swings. Tough call.

Port Vale (H) - Tinpot Trophy - The like of MacFadzean and Waters can prop up in this meaningless game where both have qualified and not fussed if we lost 9-0. Cant be arsed with it.

Gillingham (H) - first league game for the new manager, Expected more from them this season based on the start of the year performances, but flattered to deceive? New manager bounce expected? Not too sure. We score plenty at home though so might be able to get all 3.

Accrington (A) - Half the ground has been given to us fans, so might be a home atmosphere, but we are really tight at the back when on the road (bar Stockport). Be happy with a point seeing as they are up there as well.

Morecambe (H) - I'd like to think we can stop their good form in quite convincing fashion, but you never know.

Harrogate (A) - Should be going full pelt for 3 points here especially with the quality of our squad and they are struggling.

All in all, i'd like to win the home games we have due to the amount of chances we get, and Accrington is the only sticky away tie we might fall away with nothing.

Tinpot and proud

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow
Mansfield (A) - FA Cup - I'd be happy with a draw and get them back at home (depending on who the 2nd round is) but not happy at the same time. Wouldn't be surprised whichever way it swings. Tough call.

Port Vale (H) - Tinpot Trophy - The like of MacFadzean and Waters can prop up in this meaningless game where both have qualified and not fussed if we lost 9-0. Cant be arsed with it.

Gillingham (H) - first league game for the new manager, Expected more from them this season based on the start of the year performances, but flattered to deceive? New manager bounce expected? Not too sure. We score plenty at home though so might be able to get all 3.

Accrington (A) - Half the ground has been given to us fans, so might be a home atmosphere, but we are really tight at the back when on the road (bar Stockport). Be happy with a point seeing as they are up there as well.

Morecambe (H) - I'd like to think we can stop their good form in quite convincing fashion, but you never know.

Harrogate (A) - Should be going full pelt for 3 points here especially with the quality of our squad and they are struggling.

All in all, i'd like to win the home games we have due to the amount of chances we get, and Accrington is the only sticky away tie we might fall away with nothing.
We beat you to the punch already with morecambe !!

EnglishRed

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham

Interesting month.

Mansfield - Pig of a draw, would be nice to have another cup run but if we lose it wouldn't overly bother me.

Port Vale- Don't care, play the kids and take the fine. Good chance for our fringe players to get some game time.

I'd like to think we can win both home games, Harrogate should be a team we can beat away, Accrington would be a solid draw. Ten points from those four games would be superb.

JJ1990

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Derby (H) - Loss - As long as we give them a good game and keep it tight I'll be happy enough. But fully expecting a loss. Just hope we don't draw, whilst it's a good money spinner I'm not sure we have the squad to cope with an extra game.

Newcastle (H) - Who cares - We're already out as are they. Will make for a bizarre game. Play the whole U18 squad and don't risk any first teamers. Never been less bothered about the result.

Notts County (H) - Draw. Optimistic, as County can both blow teams away and get blown away themselves. Be interesting to see who's fit to play and what sort of game plan they come with. Would like to think we match up well against them and can exploit their defensive weaknesses. 2-2 would be my guess.

Morecambe (A) - Draw. Never lost at their new ground. Would like to keep that record going. Done surprisingly well so far, but I'd like to think we can match them up and come home with something to show for our efforts.

Doncaster (H) - Win. Need to be winning at least once and can't be going 3 without a win at home if we want to stay in the promotion hunt. Donny have improved, but with this being at Gresty Road, I'd hope we can get a win.

Sutton (A) - Win. Big test of our promotion credentials. Long Tuesday trip South is usually a guaranteed loss, but if we can come back with a win against a poor Sutton side, it would prove we belong in the top 7.

Optimistic, but think it's very possible.

クレイグ

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Wycombe FA Cup - Lose.
Barrow H - Lose.
Notts A - Lose.
Accrington H -Draw
Forest Green A - Draw

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Northampton (A) FA Cup - Draw
Liverpool U21's (H) Tinpot Cup - Hopefully Lose - will be rotating the squad for sure....
Bradford City (A) - Draw
Crawley (H) - Win
Colchester (A) - Win
Walsall (H) - Win

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Stevenage A FA Cup
Forest Green Rovers H
Wigan H Pizza Cup
Sutton A
Gillingham H
Mansfield A

The next two league games against fellow strugglers are critical, which is why I'd have held off any Adkins appointment. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that we lose both and what then?
My guess is that we'll get somewhere between 2-6 points lose in the FA Cup and already out of the Pizza Cup so probably win that meaningless game.

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Interesting month.

Mansfield - Pig of a draw, would be nice to have another cup run but if we lose it wouldn't overly bother me.

Port Vale- Don't care, play the kids and take the fine. Good chance for our fringe players to get some game time.

I'd like to think we can win both home games, Harrogate should be a team we can beat away, Accrington would be a solid draw. Ten points from those four games would be superb.
We'll win the others but lose at Harrogate.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Derby (h) Fa Cup - DRAW but we will lose the replay

Newcastle (h) Efl Trophy - WIN were already out and couldn't care less, make as many changes as possible.

Notts County (h) DRAW I can see this being a high scoring entertaining game DRAW.

Morecambe (a) DRAW They've started pretty decent and it looks a tough place to go this season. I'd be happy with a point here.

Doncaster (h) WIN sort of game we should be winning if we're looking to be in with a shot of play offs.

Sutton (a) WIN Our away record has improved this season, especially as the struggling teams like Forest Green and Harrogate, so hopefully another win here.

8 out of 12 points and unbeaten in the league, looks abit ambitious, but every month so far we've done better than I'd expect so why not again.

WhiteRussian

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Are we playing anyone with fans on here in November?!!! Oh yes, Grimsby. :thumbs:

Newport at theirs - Should win but I suppose it depends if we can keep our form under the new management going away from home.
Wombledon at home- Got to win that one for some reason.
Salford away - I would hope for at least a draw.
Grimsby at home - I would presume they will have their new manager in place by then so who knows. I would expect a win.

I'm a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago, that's for sure.

jacobncfc

Reaction score
Supports
notts county
Going to be a tough month for us this. It looks like our horrendous luck with injuries this season has continued with Palmer becoming the third to be ruled out long term, and by far the most important. We currently have a one-man midfield of 36 year-old vibes merchant Jim O’Brien.

We’re basically going to have to sign an out of contract midfielder in the next week. Matty Longstaff being the one most mentioned, but I think he might be injured still as well…

Crawley H (FA Cup) - Williams hates the cups but doesn’t really have enough players left to play the reserves, so reckon we might get through this year.

Lincoln H (Trophy) - Lose, he could play fucking anyone in this.

Crewe A - Lose 6-4 or something.

Bradford H - Win, they don’t look up to much but might have a new manager bounce by then I guess.

Wimbledon A - Draw, they seem to have fallen off the pace a bit.

Crawley A - Win, why not?

Seven points or there abouts would represent an excellent month under the circumstances tbh.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Accrington (H) FA Cup - rarely beat them and we’ve never won a game when the ref for Saturday has officiated.

Burton (H) - in the who gives a shit cup, no interest hope we lose in front on a zero crowd.

Wimbledon (A) - I don’t expect a win, we’ve managed to draw there a few times so hopefully get a point.

Walsall (H) - I’m hoping that we’ve got a few players back by this game and can have options off the bench and freshen the starting 11 up, really need to win and keep the home form going.

Crewe (A) - they are doing better than most predicted, expect to lose but hopefully with a stronger lineup we can push them close.

Colchester (H) - a game where we will be expected to win and have to.

Minimum of six points but a hope of 8-10

chief

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Salford A
Newport H
Swindon A
Tranmere H

Absolutely have to be winning both the home games, then take a point at both Salford and Swindon. 8 points, anything more than that would be an excellent month for us.

We’ve got 3 cup games this month though so although I don’t imagine many of those starting games every week will play in the games against Everton B and Burton in the Pizza cup
Salford are shite, we made much harder work out of them than we should I have. I expect you'll beat them with ease.

Conker

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town FC
Twitter
@CONKS__
Salford are shite, we made much harder work out of them than we should I have. I expect you'll beat them with ease.

They always play very well against us, put 5 past us at the Mill last season.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Absolutely strolled past them up at their place earlier this season. Impressed the locals and the neutrals in attendance.

But would never judge a side on that one game. I suspect they've improved since then.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Going to be a tough month for us this. It looks like our horrendous luck with injuries this season has continued with Palmer becoming the third to be ruled out long term, and by far the most important. We currently have a one-man midfield of 36 year-old vibes merchant Jim O’Brien.

We’re basically going to have to sign an out of contract midfielder in the next week. Matty Longstaff being the one most mentioned, but I think he might be injured still as well…

Crawley H (FA Cup) - Williams hates the cups but doesn’t really have enough players left to play the reserves, so reckon we might get through this year.

Lincoln H (Trophy) - Lose, he could play fucking anyone in this.

Crewe A - Lose 6-4 or something.

Bradford H - Win, they don’t look up to much but might have a new manager bounce by then I guess.

Wimbledon A - Draw, they seem to have fallen off the pace a bit.

Crawley A - Win, why not?

Seven points or there abouts would represent an excellent month under the circumstances tbh.

It's not the number it's the concentration of injuries. Been fine at the back and our wide but to lose 3 of your 4 central midfielders at the same time and some to lengthy injuries is gutting! Losing Mr Consistent Matty 7/10 Palmer is the biggest blow of all. That changes everything in terms of our outlook.

Would be nice if Angry Jim could stop giving the ball away and instead find our players a tad more.

Thankfully there are two cups games mixed in their which I ain't losing any sleep over. But we are very stretched up front and in central midfield. The added workload on that Langstaff fella who scored against Joe Average is also a concern.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Scarborough Athletic (A) FA Cup - Should win but proper banana skin especially given their plastic pitch. Would take a draw.

Brighton U21’s (H) Pizza Cup - Don’t care. Just don’t get any injuries.

Tranmere (A) - Huge 6 pointer, if we win then we’re starting to pull away from the bottom 2, if we lose we’re back in the relegation zone. Not confident although Tranmere are pretty shite, so it is winnable.

Grimsby (H) - Another team that will have a new manager by then. In awful form but that doesn’t tend to last forever, need to make sure we aren’t the team to get them back on form. We usually beat them though so more confident with this one.

Walsall (A) - Another side not tearing up any trees, will have a few players facing their ex teams, Allen and Matt for them and Maddox, Deeney and Stevens for us.

Bradford (H) - Another team that are a bit shit and another team that are after a new manager so another chance for points. Unless they have the new manager bounce by then of course.

Overall it’s a decent looking month on paper, there are definitely points to be had but interestingly 3/4 of our league 2 opposition are currently managerless. Which we could be too if we don’t beat a couple of them.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
It's not the number it's the concentration of injuries. Been fine at the back and our wide but to lose 3 of your 4 central midfielders at the same time and some to lengthy injuries is gutting! Losing Mr Consistent Matty 7/10 Palmer is the biggest blow of all. That changes everything in terms of our outlook.

Would be nice if Angry Jim could stop giving the ball away and instead find our players a tad more.

Thankfully there are two cups games mixed in their which I ain't losing any sleep over. But we are very stretched up front and in central midfield. The added workload on that Langstaff fella who scored against Joe Average is also a concern.
Did this Matty Palmer guy play against Mansfield as I didn’t notice him and can‘t recall him being mentioned much when I watched the match back on tv.

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
Did this Matty Palmer guy play against Mansfield as I didn’t notice him and can‘t recall him being mentioned much when I watched the match back on tv.

He did play yes. As you will recall we didn't get much of a kick that day so hard for any player to impress when you lose 4-1.

Not that you are judging and forming a opinion of an opposing player or team on just one or two perfomances that you see, right? That would crazy thing to do.

Top league two player.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Might need re consider my predictions, we have abit of an injury crisis at the moment. Powell out for the season, Williams out for 8 weeks, Tabiner, Long, Finney, Lunt, Holicek all out this weekend. Along with Baker-Richardson and Tracey who are both doubtful. Demetriou has also been playing with an injury. Alot of key players amongst that lot.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Really hard to tell as we haven't seen a minute of the team under Clemence yet, but I'd argue the first two games are more or less perfect for him to get to know the squad and almost have a mini pre-season before the league kicks back in.

Hereford (A) FA Cup - Win
Brighton U21s (H) Pisspot trophy - Win
Wrexham (A) - Wrexham without Mullin and McLean will help, but I imagine we'll succumb to a long ball or a throw in at some point and lose by the odd goal.
Salford (H) - Tricky one but Clemence's first home league game, hopefully a new manager bounce win.
Tranmere (A) - They've been fairly awful, but that counts for nothing. Think we've already lost to the bottom side in the league twice this season so I'd take a draw.
AFC Wimbledon (H) - Our bogey side over the last decade, especially at Priestfield. Draw.

lordofthepies

A shit Martino
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Twitter
@aitchyrobinson
Derby (H) - L - Narrow defeat. We'll give them a good game for the first hour or so but our lack of squad depth and people playing with injuries will start to show in the second half and they'll score a couple to take the win.

Notts County (H) - W. I'm going to be optimistic but not sure why as I've not actually seen Notts play yet this season.

Morecambe (A) - Postponed.

Doncaster (H) - W. Donny seem to be improving but I would hope we'll have enough to win at home.

Sutton (A) - D. We need to be avoiding defeat in this sort of game if we're going to stay up there. Would be delighted if we manage to win.

northstandexile

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
He did play yes. As you will recall we didn't get much of a kick that day so hard for any player to impress when you lose 4-1.

Not that you are judging and forming a opinion of an opposing player or team on just one or two perfomances that you see, right? That would crazy thing to do.

Top league two player.
It was you who was saying he was Mr consistent 7/10. (ie 7/10 in every game) I was saying he wasn’t in that game

The_Viking_Magpie

Reaction score
Supports
Notts County FC
It was you who was saying he was Mr consistent 7/10. (ie 7/10 in every game) I was saying he wasn’t in that game

Yeah it's a well known turn of phrase in football. Mr 7/10 aka he is a very consistent player over a season . That's why he's won player of the seasons and come runner up to that Langstaff fella since being at the club.

But you are bang on in that one game against Mansfield he wasn't a 7/10. Nobody got a 7/10 for Notts that day, they bottled it on your Big Day Out.

Reaction score
Supports
Notts
Screenshot_20231104-100237~2.png

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Grimsby (H) - Another team that will have a new manager by then. In awful form but that doesn’t tend to last forever, need to make sure we aren’t the team to get them back on form. We usually beat them though so more confident with this one.
You usually beat us at your place I'm assuming you mean? We've beaten you 10 times and you've beaten us 7 in total since we started playing you back in 2010.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!