October

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
1. Our squad is big enough, with no transfer window we can always get somebody in if it comes to it.
2. He never replaced Raggett yet our defence looks solid enough and an extra loan player can only help. Orlu will get back into the side once he's back presumably, but Sterling, Orlu, Grimes, Parkinson and the new fella are all able centre halves at this level.
3. Never replaced Payne? Not with a player of his quality, but that is why he is playing in the Championship and not the Conference. Moses, Marsh, Modeste and Miller are all top quality wide players at this level (and yes, I know you don't like Miller out wide but he's still class there).
4. Yes our bench is weak but we have some quality sat in the stands for some reason unknown to you or I. I'm sure if need be Kinnear would be happy to give them a chance, as well as the young lads. As a side note there was a couple of player I didn't recognise sat in the stands Saturday -presumably one was Howlett-Mundle but I have no idea who the other was.
5. I would agree that we are a CM short but we have Moore until January so plenty of time to get that sorted.

Orlu will be back in no time and Modeste has plenty of replacements.

Why do like for like swaps? Our players (apart from maybe Moses) all showed they can all cover ground non stop for 90 minutes. Surely it's better to have at least the option to change tactics if need be on the bench?

How can you continue to question CK and JP? They have proven their worth time and time again and deserve to be given the trust that they wouldn't leave us short - they never have done yet.

I can keep this up forever even if it means in morphing into Chris FGR in doing so :gr:

Look Mr TSE, what the fuck makes you think I am now questioning CK or JP?

I simply asked where the players both have maintained will be arriving since the latter part of July are. Only you can think just by doing so it's now questioning their worth and or trustworthiness. Jesus Christ you really need to lie down!
Reading your at times quite moronic ramblings where every thing in the garden is a lush green, whilst it's evident that like me you love our little club, its also evident that when it comes to football knowledge you're right down there with the Guiseleys of this world (no insult intended)

The fact that you think our defence also looks solid enough and or appear to think Orlu when fit, is remotely good enough to come straight back into the team is sooooooo worrying, especially as, even after two consecutive clean sheets, both acquired ironically without Orlu, I think we have the worse goals against in the top 15!

Wont ever argue loyalty, our tenacity and will to win or what JP means to this football club, wont even argue about CK being our most successful manager ever with you, but in a very polite way, if the above is really a genuine sample of how you see football matters this could turn into a right soap opera. Lets just hope for a great October. the fixtures are there we just need to keep going :wave:

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
I can keep this up forever even if it means in morphing into Chris FGR in doing so :gr:

Look Mr TSE, what the fuck makes you think I am now questioning CK or JP?

I simply asked where the players both have maintained will be arriving since the latter part of July are. Only you can think just by doing so it's now questioning their worth and or trustworthiness. Jesus Christ you really need to lie down!
Reading your at times quite moronic ramblings where every thing in the garden is a lush green, whilst it's evident that like me you love our little club, its also evident that when it comes to football knowledge you're right down there with the Guiseleys of this world (no insult intended)

The fact that you think our defence also looks solid enough and or appear to think Orlu when fit, is remotely good enough to come straight back into the team is sooooooo worrying, especially as, even after two consecutive clean sheets, both acquired ironically without Orlu, I think we have the worse goals against in the top 15!

Wont ever argue loyalty, our tenacity and will to win or what JP means to this football club, wont even argue about CK being our most successful manager ever with you, but in a very polite way, if the above is really a genuine sample of how you see football matters this could turn into a right soap opera. Lets just hope for a great October. the fixtures are there we just need to keep going :wave:
The reason our defence has been so poor is, in my opinion down to the lack of protection from the midfield who have parted like the Red Sea following their man about rather than closing down whoever has the ball. All any oppo player had to do was lose their marker and he was free to run unchallenged. CK appears to be stopped that nonsense and the back 5 look solid. We have 2 of the best wing backs in the league, Grimes is improving every game, Parkinson is solid barring a couple of bad games. Say what you like about Orlu but he receives a lot of praise from opposition fans and managers, he's a good defender, albeit limited. Sterling is also more than competent and I'm sure the lad from Eastleigh is alright too. Where's the problem?

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
Where's the problem???

I'll tell you why, it's because in ten minutes you went from telling everyone how solid our defence look, to then explaining (when I questioned your opinion I may add) why it has been so poor!!

As for Orlu, do me a favour TSE. Solid yes, competitive in the air yes, committed yes, but instead of just saying what comes into your head, just pop into the archives and have a look at the goals we leaked in against FGR and Torquay, just to name but two recent games, and you tell me how many were in part or full down to Orlu?
Don't even mention the Dagenham game TSE, which I assume you didn't go to, where let me tell you he was torn apart by their Brighton loanee, oh and gave away a penalty in that game as well.
That's my problem. Well one of them, and if you would only be a bit more tolerant of others and a bit more open minded you may see some of these things, even if you ultimately still choose to think as you do.

Swedes

Reaction score
Supports
Southport
Bromley (H) - Win
Solihull (A) - Lose
Guisley (A) - Win
FA Cup 4th Q - Dumped out by some feeder league crap
Sutton (H) Draw
York (H) Win
Torquay (A) Lose

We're getting a run against teams in the bottom half of the table now, having already played 10 teams from the current top half. We've also got some players in who appear more capable than some of the crap we've had, and are looking a much more useful outfit than previously. I expect us to be in our usual position of hovering just above the drop zone come the end of the month.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
North Ferriby H - Win
Barrow A - Lose
Boreham Wood H - Win
FA CUP - Win hopefully
Dagenham A - Lose
Chester H - Win
Maidstone A - Lose

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Where's the problem???

I'll tell you why, it's because in ten minutes you went from telling everyone how solid our defence look, to then explaining (when I questioned your opinion I may add) why it has been so poor!!

As for Orlu, do me a favour TSE. Solid yes, competitive in the air yes, committed yes, but instead of just saying what comes into your head, just pop into the archives and have a look at the goals we leaked in against FGR and Torquay, just to name but two recent games, and you tell me how many were in part or full down to Orlu?
Don't even mention the Dagenham game TSE, which I assume you didn't go to, where let me tell you he was torn apart by their Brighton loanee, oh and gave away a penalty in that game as well.
That's my problem. Well one of them, and if you would only be a bit more tolerant of others and a bit more open minded you may see some of these things, even if you ultimately still choose to think as you do.
I didn't mean our defence has been poor, I meant our defensive record is poor. There is no problem with our defence, Orlu is not a weak link. You criticise Kinnear for having a small squad but also criticise him for signing players he's not going to play and for not picking players - make your mind up.

(I'm not TSE)

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
York (A) - LOSE
Forest Green (H) - LOSE
Solihull (H) - WIN
FA Cup Qualifying Round - If we're at home - win. If we're away - lose
Torquay (A) - DRAW
Dagenham & Redbridge (A) - LOSE
Guiseley (H) - WIN

7/21

Tough month for us. We have to beat Solihull and Guiseley at home because I don't see us picking much up away and I think Forest Green may end our unbeaten home record next week.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
York (A) - LOSE
Forest Green (H) - LOSE
Solihull (H) - WIN
Torquay (A) - DRAW
Guiseley (H) - WIN

7/21

Tough month for us. We have to beat Solihull and Guiseley at home because I don't see us picking much up away and I think Forest Green may end our unbeaten home record next week.
we'll try and demoralise them for you on Saturday ;)

JaredSUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United FC
Twitter
@suttonjared
Guiseley (h) win
Dover (a) draw -aside from the day Dover secured the Isthmian Premier title we tend not to lose at Crabble
Woking (h) win. Surrey is ours (maybe)
Southport (a) draw
Maidstone (h) win
York (a) lose

York aside I'm being optimistic. Big month for the U's, Tranmere aside we had a shocking September results wise. If we're looking to secure that mid table finish and not be dragged into an early relegation scrap, we need to be winning games, especially home games. Plus we have our first derby match in over a season when Woking visit on the 8th in El Stockbrokerbelteco

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Barrow (H) D - need to start beating top half teams at some stage but not tomorrow against the giants.
Aldershot (A) W - two teams that like to pass the ball, and hopefully Shots 'play' at home rather than 'park the bus' like most do at The New Lawn. Think this will be a high scoring affair like the Dover game. We have a few players left from last season's demolition (particularly KMB and Carter who had blinders) to hopefully go in with confidence.
North Ferriby (A) W
Guiseley (H) W
Solihull (A) W
Dagenham & Redbridge (H) W - this is the start of seven (almost consecutive) games v every other team in the top nine (only Wrexham break that sequence). This may decide our season, so if there is any time to be bullish with a result, it's here.

Bendubz

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
Solihull (H) - W
Eastleigh (A) - L
Barrow (A) - L
FA 4th Qualifying Round (?) - Probably W, we've done well in the cup the past few years
Gateshead (H)) - D
Sutton (A) - D
Macclesfield (H) - D

Bigluke

Reaction score
Supports
dover
I didn't mean our defence has been poor, I meant our defensive record is poor. There is no problem with our defence, Orlu is not a weak link. You criticise Kinnear for having a small squad but also criticise him for signing players he's not going to play and for not picking players - make your mind up.

(I'm not TSE)
:2thumb:
Welcome back TSE. Look what you say and what you mean should be the same, how on earth is anyone supposed to know or the difference?
There is no problem with our defence you say, just our defensive record, I think you'll find however much you want to deflect the issue one has a pretty direct impact on the other, more so if you actually look not just the goals I invited you to reference, but try the Eastleigh match as well, oh and particularly the BW game, when they panicked like rabbits in the headlights
If you or anyone else for that matter, and in any club, don't blame managers for the number of players a squad has, well who the hell would you blame, and I can't wait for this answer it should be a right belter!
Lastly if you sign players on loan, it normally means through numerous reasons that you're short, but if then you get some in on loan, and don't play them, not only will the player in question get pissed off so too will his parent club, in this case Eastleigh who loaned him to us. That being the case if we then ever wanted another one, what do you think the answer is likely to be, or are you being purposely obtuse here.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
:2thumb:
Welcome back TSE. Look what you say and what you mean should be the same, how on earth is anyone supposed to know or the difference?
There is no problem with our defence you say, just our defensive record, I think you'll find however much you want to deflect the issue one has a pretty direct impact on the other, more so if you actually look not just the goals I invited you to reference, but try the Eastleigh match as well, oh and particularly the BW game, when they panicked like rabbits in the headlights
Against BW we had 10 men and for whatever reason didn't leave a striker so invited too much pressure - it was terrible. Eastleigh scored a couple due to lapse in concentration, every team concedes goals. I have explained how I think we have conceded a lot of goals without having a poor defence already - midfield and tactics to blame IMO.

If you or anyone else for that matter, and in any club, don't blame managers for the number of players a squad has, well who the hell would you blame, and I can't wait for this answer it should be a right belter!
Of course the manager is to blame for the size of the squad, but he can't have a large squad as well as ensuring everybody he signs gets a game - both of which are things you've complained about CK not doing.

Lastly if you sign players on loan, it normally means through numerous reasons that you're short, but if then you get some in on loan, and don't play them, not only will the player in question get pissed off so too will his parent club, in this case Eastleigh who loaned him to us. That being the case if we then ever wanted another one, what do you think the answer is likely to be, or are you being purposely obtuse here.
Eastleigh loaned him to us because they have more centre halves than they know what to do with and he obviously doesn't feature in their plans. We have more important things to worry about than what Eastleigh think of our team sheet. They weren't going to play him and would rather free up some wage bill. This is pathetic anyway, he was signed a matter of days before the game, obviously he wasn't going to start. No doubt he'll get his chance, as all players do under Kinnear.

Not sure what your problem is, why the need for childish comments constantly?

fifaking

Reaction score
Supports
Wrexham
Boreham Wood (A) - L
Lincoln (H) - L
Tranmere (A) - L - Mills sacked
Bromley (H) - W
Barrow (H) - D
Gateshead (A) - L

Looking at those fixtures it could be another month to forget

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Would it be possible for the French to take your petty infighting off to its own thread if you consider the rest of us might be slightly interested? In England we consider clogging up a perfectly good thread with this nonsense a tad uncouth.

LeWhites

Reaction score
Supports
Dover Athletic
Would it be possible for the French to take your petty infighting off to its own thread if you consider the rest of us might be slightly interested? In England we consider clogging up a perfectly good thread with this nonsense a tad uncouth.
Could take it onto our own forum but apparently 'bigluke' has already fallen out with everybody on there

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
Aldershot (A) W - two teams that like to pass the ball, and hopefully Shots 'play' at home rather than 'park the bus' like most do at The New Lawn. Think this will be a high scoring affair like the Dover game. We have a few players left from last season's demolition (particularly KMB and Carter who had blinders) to hopefully go in with confidence.

We do play good football, and with Waddock we will never park the bus at home against anyone. That said, we have only conceded 1 goal in 6 home games for a reason so you will have to play really well to get a couple of goals on Tuesday.

Bluandwite

Reaction score
Supports
Chester FC
Might need a few extra stewards in tomorrow to combat this Dover in-fighting.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
We do play good football, and with Waddock we will never park the bus at home against anyone. That said, we have only conceded 1 goal in 6 home games for a reason so you will have to play really well to get a couple of goals on Tuesday.
Last game before I am off to America for a month, looking forward to it, got a feeling it will be a cracker.

Jemfy

Reaction score
Supports
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
October is an interesting month for us as it opens up the possibility of having barely a league game to play. FWIW I expect us to go out of both cups however meaning we will play the scheduled 3 league matches

Hendon (A) FAC 3rd qualifying round - Lose
Histon (H) FAT preliminary round - lose
Sheffield FC (H) - Win
Belper Town (A) - Win
Basford United (H) - Draw

I expect the injuries we have will be too much for us in the Hendon game today. Histon should also provide a stern test. By the Sheffield game we should be getting players back and I think we can start to get going again in the league. If somehow we beat Hendon this will be the 4th qualifying round (where we would need a good draw to stand a chance of winning). Belper is on that Tuesday so would have the potential to disappear too in the extremely unlikely case we both beat Hendon and get a draw in the 4th qualifying round. Basford are one of the stronger sides in the division and should be a difficult game, but we should have most of our squad available then, barring new injuries.

Harrier94

Reaction score
Supports
Kidderminster Harriers
Lancaster (a) FAC - Win - Hopefully we're no embarrassed and win like we should be today
Fylde (H) - Draw - Very tough game, if we can keep Rowe quiet we might win but they are unbeaten for a reason
Harrogate (A) - Draw - Much like Fylde
FCUM (H) - Win - Should be winning this game especially at home
Stockport (A) - Win - Tough game but I think we could win it.

Joe.

Reaction score
Supports
Ebbsfleet United
Twitter
@JoeGlidewell
Havant and Waterlooville (H) - FA Cup - Won 7-0.
4th October - Sheppy United (H) - Kent Senior Cup
8th October - Weston Super-Mare (A)
15th - FA Cup (TBC)
22nd October - East Thurrock United (A)
29th October - Bath City (H)

Kent Senior Cup gives us a chance to play some fringe players and give a couple of the academy lads a run out, not massively bothered if we lose that. Weston, East Thurrock and Bath should really be 9 points, but I'd take 7 as long as Maidenhead slip up in that time.

FA Cup, I really fancy us against anyone at this moment in time. 12 goals in the competition so far against two sides who are in the play offs in the league below us. Since back-to-back losses against Chelmsford (A) and Gosport (A), we've won 5 on the bounce, scoring 22 and conceding 2. Also unbeaten at home currently, scoring 22 and conceding 4.

Blue Lion

Reaction score
Supports
Macclesfield
North Ferriby H - Win - WON
Barrow A - Lose - DREW
Boreham Wood H - Win - LOST
FA CUP - Win - WON
Dagenham A - Lose - DREW
Chester H - Win - DREW
Maidstone A - Lose - LOST
Predicted three points too many here. 6/18pts and no win in nearly a month.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Braintree (h)
Wrexham (a) W 2-1
Bromley (a) D 1-1
Eastleigh (h) D 0-0
Boreham Wood (h) W 2-0
Chester (a) W 5-2

On paper, probably not as tough a month as September. Need to be getting back on track on Saturday.
11 points from 15 and perhaps slightly unlucky not to get 15 from 15.

EDIT - And the two Guiseley FA Cup games - 0-0 and 2-1.

Last edited:

Shotsfan1993

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Twitter
@SamOS1993
York (A) - LOSE
Forest Green (H) - LOSE
Solihull (H) - WIN
Torquay (A) - DRAW
Guiseley (H) - WIN

7/21

Got York and the FA Cup result the wrong way round but overall 10/21 is an ok return from this month. November is going to be a tough month for us!

Bendubz

Reaction score
Supports
Maidstone
Solihull (H) - W Lost 4-2
Eastleigh (A) - L Lost 3-0
Barrow (A) - L Lost 3-0
FA 4th Qualifying Round (?) - Probably W, we've done well in the cup the past few years Won (V Billericay) 3-1
Gateshead (H)) - D Lost 2-0
Sutton (A) - D Drew 2-2
Macclesfield (H) - D Won 2-1

Predicted 6 points, only got 4/18, but got through in the cup and we're back in form now. Looks like November will either be the month we take a big step towards survival or the month we properly get dragged into the scrap.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Kings Lynn Town (A) (FA Cup) WIN WON
FC United (A) WIN LOST
Gloucester (H) LOSE Gateshead in FA Cup WON after Replay
Stalybridge (A) WIN WON
Chorley (H) LOSE DREW

Brilliant month for us. 4/9. Progress in the Cup, including a superb win at Gateshead along with a vitally important win at Stalybridge in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny69
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!
4K UK IPTV