Taylor Allen (utility)
Aaron Collins (ST)
Shawn McCoulsky (ST)

4 expiring loans

Jayden Richardson (RB)
Isaac Hutchinson (CM)
Odin Bailey (AM/W)
Josh Davison (ST)

Obviously until we appoint a head coach we’re unlikely to be offering contracts. Of the 12 under contract 2 are first year pros who haven’t played a minute this season in the league.

Of those out of contract, no.1 priority has to be trying to keep Godwin-Malife, who I’m pretty sure will be attracting interest. Would also try to keep Stokes (club captain) and Thomas, possibly Collins as well but with the 20 man squad cap it wouldn’t surprise me if the new head coach wants some leeway to make signings.
Surprised you’re so muted regarding Collins, he looked promising when we had him on loan a couple of years back and probably your best player against us.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Collins has got ability, but is pretty inconsistent and doesn't score enough.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Definitely be pleased if FGR's Godwin-Malife turned up at Crawley. He won't but he did impress me.

Be interesting to see what sort of side you could put together with the out of contract players.

Casey

Gladders

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Twitter
@Gladders1980
Payne and Morais both won't play for us again this season.

Morais was contracted for next season and Hurst says he wasn't in his plans anyway so there's one definitely released

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Payne and Morais both won't play for us again this season.

Morais was contracted for next season and Hurst says he wasn't in his plans anyway so there's one definitely released

Don't think there'll be much of a scramble to sign Payne tbh.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
We never know for sure who is/isn’t OOC but my best guess is that the following are OOC in the summer and as I think we could do with a bit of a freshen up a lot may leave:

Lewis Ward (GK) - Been on loan at Pompey and looks to want to move away. Good ‘keeper and as much as I’d keep him, he’ll leave to a L1 club.

Jonny Maxted (GK) - He’s been in and out since signing. He’s a solid L2 ‘keeper and I’d give him a new deal.

Pierce Sweeney (RB/CB) - started the season out of favour but has come back into things of late. He’s better at CB but get the feeling he will benefit from a fresh start at another L2 club. Release.

Tom Parkes (CB) - Bog standard average L2 CB. Would be a good signing for many but with the emergence of Alex Hartridge and new signing Sam Stubbs likely to be first choice, I’d release Parkes as his wage could be used elsewhere.

Lewis Page (LB) - Very good player. The only reason he’s in L2 is his shocking injury record over the last 2 years. He’s proved his fitness with us, so I’d definitely keep him. However, I can see him moving to a L1 club in the summer.

Jake Taylor (CM) - Club captain, good player, but like Sweeney he’s been here years and I can see a change of scene helping him plus he’s a very high earner. Rarely injured and would be a good signing for anyone. Release.

Nigel Atangana (CM) - I’ve heard he’s signed a new deal but I hope this is not true. Very poor this season and he’s so frustrating as he’s decent on his day, but that is once every 15 games. Release.

Randall Williams (RW/LW) - Amazed he’s still here as we expecting him to go in the summer but his Peterborough move fell through. Very talented but has been poor/ injured this season. He’s back now so it’s up to him to put himself back in the shop window. I’d keep him he’s never staying. Release.

Alex Fisher (CF) - Lovely bloke but he’s just not good enough and often injured. Can see him going back to Yeovil. Release.

Nicky Ajose (CF) - Urgh, where to begin. Started slowly, the got injured for 3-4 months. Came back, looked pretty good but then was frozen out. In the summer he was given a lowly squad number and he’s barley even made the bench since. Taylor has said some shit about him not being able to train on our 4G pitch due to a knee injury, but that’s clearly bollocks. They’ve obviously had a falling out and he’s now in the bomb squad. He’s been an expensive flop, but feel NA has been treated a bit harshly. We need him off the wage bill so Release.

On top of that, don’t keep Robbie Willmott who’s loan is due to expire. But try to keep Jokull Andresson who’s done well in goal on loan from Reading.

Ive also heard Ryan Bowman wanted a move in January but it never materialised. Would be a good signing for anyone in L2.

So, in the summer we will need to bring in some good experience to go with our decent young players. I think Taylor will have some dough to bring in the players he wants. Of course, we could still make the play offs and go up (ha ha no chance) but I am expecting another L2 campaign next season and maybe we might actually get that promotion we’ve flirted with for the past 4-5 years. But probably not.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Collins has got ability, but is pretty inconsistent and doesn't score enough.
Sadly I have to agree totally with this, he is capable of moments of brilliance but at times his shooting is woefully bad. I know that Cooper praised him regularly but sadly we didn't often see enough to back his comments up.

Back to the list, I would also want to retain Thomas, Stokes, UG-M and possibly Wagstaff. I thought we were lucky to keep UG-M beyond the January window and expect to see him play at a higher level, possibly sooner rather than later. Even if all those out of contact leave I think the retained list is a pretty good place to start building for next season.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Not really sold on Wagstaff tbh, decent enough but nothing special, not really sure what his best position is and getting on a bit. With the 20 man squad cap we’re going to need to be pretty picky.

With a new head coach we might see a fairly big turnover of players, so some under contract might be surplus to requirements. If we somehow go up, then I expect we’ll need almost a whole new team.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Collins has energy and pace, but precision in front of the goal is above all what he lacks. Which is really what he is paid to have, so.....We need a new no 10, in short.

Very much hope we keep Dokes (Udoka Godwin-Malife): he's a talent, and one that has come forward in leaps and bounds in his time with us. Stokes and Tommo (thoroughly reliable goalie who has also developed since rather unexpectedly ending up as effectively our main keeper at the start of last season) also

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I definitely think we’ll try and keep Dokes, problem might be fending off interest from bigger clubs. Had hoped he might have an option for an extra year on his deal, much like Adams, Winchester and Matt did, but you would think we might have activated it by now if he did.

Greenacres

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green Rovers
Think you are right about the new coach wanting a clear out, which is why I hope they are hired sooner rather than later...as Chris said, some of those under contract may be deemed surplus to requirements. Interesting times.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Our owner has confirmed that quite a few offers have been taken off the table as the players hadn't responded from offers in December.

God knows what our squad is going to look like next year but it won't be pretty with even more budget cuts.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Darrell Clarke had an annoying habit of not disclosing the length of contracts so we have pretty much no idea who is and isn't in contract for next season aside from a couple.

We have:

Liam Kinsella
Sam Perry
Alfie Bates
Emmanuel Osadebe
Rory Holden

All confirmed (or pretty much confirmed) for next season. Happy with all of them. Liam Kinsella is a very effective midfielder at this level at pressing people and breaking up play - would say he is best midfielder in the league at tackling - limited though, but my POTS easily. Always gives 110%, no fuss, an academy lad and the son of an ex Walsall player (Mark Kinsella).

Sam Perry is who we will build the team around next season. Only 19 but has been bossing games against the likes of Jay Spearing or Ebou Adams, just fantastic. Keep your eye on him, will be the next academy graduate to be sold for big money if he can keep his feet on the ground.

Alfie Bates is another academy graduate who is the same age but has made 50 more appearances than Sam - had quite a poor season though this year. Big season next year for him.

Osadebe was poor to adequate for us until DC left, but has been a changed man under Brian Dutton who has gotten the best out of him where he is now putting in consistently good performances. Got a year extension last week which a lot of us felt was premature - but if he can keep up this form then he will be very effective next season.

Rory Holden is among the best players in the division, we NEED to keep a hold of him for next season. Our record with and without him is night and day and the main reason why we are where we are in the league is because he was injured for 4 months. We won something like one or two games all season without him, national league form. He came back from injury against Harrogate 4 games ago, and the past two games that he has started in we won. He is this team, and if we can build a squad around him and Sam Perry next season then we will be looking good. DC might look to get him to Vale but that won't happen.

Possible out of contact is:

GK:
Liam Roberts
Jack Rose

Would keep both, Roberts because he is one of our own and there is a half decent keeper in there somewhere. Jack Rose because he is our current number one and should remain there as he has such a calming effect on the back 4 who look a lot more comfortable with him behind them. But if we can only keep one, then Rose stays.

RB:
Cameron Norman
Hayden White

Both are fine squad players. Hayden White is much better defensively but more limited going forwards whereas Norman is the opposite - depends entirely on how our manager for next season wants to play. Likely going to be White if Dutton remains in charge as he clearly doesn't rate Norman. Not too fussed either way.

CB:
Dan Scarr
James Clarke
Mat Sadler (Player coach)
Tom Leak

Mat Sadler is likely to stay on as a coach anyway, and he has played a lot more football than he was expecting due to injuries in this position for us and he hasn't looked out of place or old whatsoever. Keep him definitely. Would like to keep James Clarke as he has funnily enough found his form after the manager who brought him here from Rovers left, was pretty poor or average under DC but has been colossal under Dutton. Might go up the road to Vale, but I'd like to keep him. Tom Leak looks another off our production line, was excellent in his debut and following games in a quite high pressure environment, definitely keep. Dan Scarr is the odd one out, his stats are right up there with the best in the league in terms of aerial duels won, but he is so limited as a footballer and doesn't suit our new style of play - turns like a tank and has a mistake in him. I'd let him go - will probably get a club at this level or in Scotland and do well for a team that is set up more direct.

LB:
Callum Cockerill-Mollett

Was last chance saloon this season for him after coming through our academy and not really being able to cement his place. We have been through about 5 left backs this season with him being the only one who has been with us for the whole time and had the least impact of any of them. Will probably release him and he will end up at a national league north/south side.

CM:
Stuart Sinclair
Joe Willis

Stuart Sinclair seems like a great guy who adds a lot to the dressing room. But he is made of glass and was part of the crew that DC brought with him, and will be on a big wage, so he should go. Joe Willis is a highly rated academy graduate that has struggled with injuries and not made an appearance so far this season - we will probably give him another year/6 months.

LM:
West McDonald

Very frustrating player. A top end league 1 winger one game in 10, the other 9 he is national league standard. He had a run of games last season where he was excellent for about 5 or 6 games but has regressed since. I would probably let go, but he has the ability within him somewhere to play at this level and above, it's about getting it out of him. I would be angry if we gave him another year but he may want a change of scenery after being out of favour in the second half of the season.

RM:
Jack Nolan

Bizarre signing. Was one of the DC projects, in his few appearances he was actually quite exciting and then he was bombed out of the squad last season - same thing then happened again this season around Christmas. Think he has issues with attitude and application as he also turned up for pre season overweight. Will be released.

ST:
Josh Gordon
Caolan Lavery

Frustrating, hard working but limited strikers. Both don't score enough but there are players in their somewhere, but we may need a clean break. Not sure who I would keep if it was just one that we could keep. Gordon lives near Stoke and DC seemed to like him so wouldn't be surprised to see him at Vale. Can see Lavery going to like Morecambe and scoring 15+ given a long run of games. Both average league 2 players but I'd rather we refresh the top end of the pitch.

Loanees:
LB: Max Melbourne
CM: Frank Vincent
RW: Tyriek Wright
ST: Derrick Osei-Yaw

Would love to keep Max Melbourne permanently, been very good. Tyriek Wright i'd also take for another year as he is exciting but raw. Frank Vincent I would only take permanently with a view to develop him, but would be a waste of a loan slot otherwise. Osei-Yaw isn't a footballer, terrible.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
We've activated contract extensions for second year pros Taylor Charters and Josh Dixon (the latter has had an injury blighted couple of seasons but we obviously rate him highly) as well as for Jack Armer and Joe Riley.

So currently we have the following confirmed as staying

Magnus Norman
Rod McDonald
George Tanner
Jack Armer
Joe Riley
Danny Devine
Taylor Charters
Josh Dixon
Brennan Dickenson

Although this leaves a lot of players still out of contract as things stand, we have options on most. I think it was mentioned that there's been some interest in Riley, which might be why we've exercised that option today, so that interested clubs can't sign pre-contract agreements.

Last edited:

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Aaron Hayden, Lewis Alessandra and Callum Guy now confirmed for next season too.

Key ones for us now in terms of first team players to tie down are Paul Farman, Rhys Bennett, Omari Patrick, John Mellish and Offrande Zanzala. Nick Anderton too possibly though he has lost his place in the squad he is the club captain still and if McDonald is now injured he may finish the season at centre back.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Aaron Hayden, Lewis Alessandra and Callum Guy now confirmed for next season too.

Key ones for us now in terms of first team players to tie down are Paul Farman, Rhys Bennett, Omari Patrick, John Mellish and Offrande Zanzala. Nick Anderton too possibly though he has lost his place in the squad he is the club captain still and if McDonald is now injured he may finish the season at centre back.
we'd probably take Nick Anderton back for a 4th time if he became free

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United

Mellish was done months ago

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Chris Beech has said he wants to keep his squad together as much as possible. I'm certain we'd be looking at extending the stays of Farman, Bennett, Patrick and Zanzala, think of those Patrick could have attracted other interest and Bennett may have other plans but there'll be offers from us anyway.

Question marks over whether he sees Anderton, Furman, Toure and Scott in next season's squad but from what he's saying, leaning towards him wanting to keep rather than replace players, I'd assume he wants to keep his captain. Furman I imagine will go, Beech seems reluctant to use him and while he plays some nice football he isn't the leader on the pitch I think we hoped for. Scott hasn't featured much but may have been signed with an eye on next season anyway. Toure is the remaining big question mark... hasn't done enough over the season to be kept on at most clubs but he has been good in spells and Beech does like to give him game time so might still fancy he can improve in the areas he's lacking.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
Darrell Clarke had an annoying habit of not disclosing the length of contracts so we have pretty much no idea who is and isn't in contract for next season aside from a couple.

We have:

Liam Kinsella
Sam Perry
Alfie Bates
Emmanuel Osadebe
Rory Holden

All confirmed (or pretty much confirmed) for next season. Happy with all of them. Liam Kinsella is a very effective midfielder at this level at pressing people and breaking up play - would say he is best midfielder in the league at tackling - limited though, but my POTS easily. Always gives 110%, no fuss, an academy lad and the son of an ex Walsall player (Mark Kinsella).

Sam Perry is who we will build the team around next season. Only 19 but has been bossing games against the likes of Jay Spearing or Ebou Adams, just fantastic. Keep your eye on him, will be the next academy graduate to be sold for big money if he can keep his feet on the ground.

Alfie Bates is another academy graduate who is the same age but has made 50 more appearances than Sam - had quite a poor season though this year. Big season next year for him.

Osadebe was poor to adequate for us until DC left, but has been a changed man under Brian Dutton who has gotten the best out of him where he is now putting in consistently good performances. Got a year extension last week which a lot of us felt was premature - but if he can keep up this form then he will be very effective next season.

Rory Holden is among the best players in the division, we NEED to keep a hold of him for next season. Our record with and without him is night and day and the main reason why we are where we are in the league is because he was injured for 4 months. We won something like one or two games all season without him, national league form. He came back from injury against Harrogate 4 games ago, and the past two games that he has started in we won. He is this team, and if we can build a squad around him and Sam Perry next season then we will be looking good. DC might look to get him to Vale but that won't happen.

Possible out of contact is:

GK:
Liam Roberts
Jack Rose

Would keep both, Roberts because he is one of our own and there is a half decent keeper in there somewhere. Jack Rose because he is our current number one and should remain there as he has such a calming effect on the back 4 who look a lot more comfortable with him behind them. But if we can only keep one, then Rose stays.

RB:
Cameron Norman
Hayden White

Both are fine squad players. Hayden White is much better defensively but more limited going forwards whereas Norman is the opposite - depends entirely on how our manager for next season wants to play. Likely going to be White if Dutton remains in charge as he clearly doesn't rate Norman. Not too fussed either way.

CB:
Dan Scarr
James Clarke
Mat Sadler (Player coach)
Tom Leak

Mat Sadler is likely to stay on as a coach anyway, and he has played a lot more football than he was expecting due to injuries in this position for us and he hasn't looked out of place or old whatsoever. Keep him definitely. Would like to keep James Clarke as he has funnily enough found his form after the manager who brought him here from Rovers left, was pretty poor or average under DC but has been colossal under Dutton. Might go up the road to Vale, but I'd like to keep him. Tom Leak looks another off our production line, was excellent in his debut and following games in a quite high pressure environment, definitely keep. Dan Scarr is the odd one out, his stats are right up there with the best in the league in terms of aerial duels won, but he is so limited as a footballer and doesn't suit our new style of play - turns like a tank and has a mistake in him. I'd let him go - will probably get a club at this level or in Scotland and do well for a team that is set up more direct.

LB:
Callum Cockerill-Mollett

Was last chance saloon this season for him after coming through our academy and not really being able to cement his place. We have been through about 5 left backs this season with him being the only one who has been with us for the whole time and had the least impact of any of them. Will probably release him and he will end up at a national league north/south side.

CM:
Stuart Sinclair
Joe Willis

Stuart Sinclair seems like a great guy who adds a lot to the dressing room. But he is made of glass and was part of the crew that DC brought with him, and will be on a big wage, so he should go. Joe Willis is a highly rated academy graduate that has struggled with injuries and not made an appearance so far this season - we will probably give him another year/6 months.

LM:
West McDonald

Very frustrating player. A top end league 1 winger one game in 10, the other 9 he is national league standard. He had a run of games last season where he was excellent for about 5 or 6 games but has regressed since. I would probably let go, but he has the ability within him somewhere to play at this level and above, it's about getting it out of him. I would be angry if we gave him another year but he may want a change of scenery after being out of favour in the second half of the season.

RM:
Jack Nolan

Bizarre signing. Was one of the DC projects, in his few appearances he was actually quite exciting and then he was bombed out of the squad last season - same thing then happened again this season around Christmas. Think he has issues with attitude and application as he also turned up for pre season overweight. Will be released.

ST:
Josh Gordon
Caolan Lavery

Frustrating, hard working but limited strikers. Both don't score enough but there are players in their somewhere, but we may need a clean break. Not sure who I would keep if it was just one that we could keep. Gordon lives near Stoke and DC seemed to like him so wouldn't be surprised to see him at Vale. Can see Lavery going to like Morecambe and scoring 15+ given a long run of games. Both average league 2 players but I'd rather we refresh the top end of the pitch.

Loanees:
LB: Max Melbourne
CM: Frank Vincent
RW: Tyriek Wright
ST: Derrick Osei-Yaw

Would love to keep Max Melbourne permanently, been very good. Tyriek Wright i'd also take for another year as he is exciting but raw. Frank Vincent I would only take permanently with a view to develop him, but would be a waste of a loan slot otherwise. Osei-Yaw isn't a footballer, terrible.

I think we'll be in the market for full backs but hopefully just back up to gibbons and monty who will start for me.
Possibly a CB or two depending on whether we release Legge (might have triggered an extension) and Brizzy rascal, although I'm ok with them 2 + smith so i think any other cb signings are not guaranteed starters.

A holding midfielder is definitely a priority given clarkes words - he was amazed we have about 8 CMs but only one of them is defensive minded.

striker wise, i think we'll probably be in the market for 2. I think guthrie and cullen will be gone, pope may get the contract just because he's pope which im ok with, even if it takes a squad place.

maybe a young back up keeper if he's cheap enough and better than our current back up options

other than all that it just depends on who darrell doesn't fancy, or whether anyone buys conlon, and then trying to find replacements.

just seen the other vale fans saying scott brown is out of contract - i thought he had one more year, so maybe a first choice keeper on the list if he doesn't stay. i imagine he will stay if we offer him an extension though

not sure if any of your players fit those bills. maybe the hard working but limited striker would be a good shout for us. i think that is the perfect striker for vale fans if he just tears round like a mad man but is otherwise a bit shit :lol:

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I dont want Walsall and Rovers players like we did with Askey targeting ex Macc players.

Yeah if we throw money at Holden maybe but otherwise no. Holden would be an option is we sell Conlon for good money I guess.

Hard to cull the squad like we would of done with how well they are currently playing and DC has said all came with a clean slate.

Would you change our defence based on the last 9 games? (and the first 10). its been the best in the league... it all depends just what went on off the field behind closed doors Nov-Feb. Legge who struggled has been an absolute beast (maybe the 3 suits him) Smudge was as bad as anyone is our highly rated centre half so wasnt limited to Legge during that spell. Lethal Brizzle every time he gets run looks solid, both this season and last. Im struggling to see now out of them two (Smith under contract) to want either to go but do need a young ball playing centre half to come in and compete for a spot.

Brown i'd keep of course.

If we had AC/DC all season with the fitness levels now and system we would have been up there so we've got to look beyond the Askey mess but make the right changes to strengthen without totally ripping it up.

Crosby is a big one we need to tie down off the field.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
It's a hell of a lot harder than it would have been but at the back of my mind the team started well so clearly something (and I don't know what) happened that made them look like beyond inept for 25 games before coming good again. If things are that fragile and we are talking some very senior professionals here what's to say a year down the line we are not having this exact same conversation.

Need to be completely dispassionate about this. Regards Pope which Soz mentioned above I am firmly in the release camp. Take out the Vale fan aspect etc and just think about if someone had contributed what he has the last couple of years and with his age in mind would you keep him? I think if it was any other player people would be revolting over it so it's time to cut loose. Leon is a different case, he is always available and has been one of our best players so there's value in keeping him particularly if as I hope we bring in a young centre-back to develop.

Some of this is pending what exactly DC wants to do in terms of the basic shape etc. May well be the case he just assessed the current squad and as a temporary fix to stop leaking goals now he went with the 3 centre-backs but might want to evolve to more of a 4-1-3-2 type deal.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Well if you are after full backs - Cameron Norman was DC's favourite right back for us, he also lives up near Stoke with Josh Gordon and will likely be leaving us. Could potentially see him going to you.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
It's a hell of a lot harder than it would have been but at the back of my mind the team started well so clearly something (and I don't know what) happened that made them look like beyond inept for 25 games before coming good again. If things are that fragile and we are talking some very senior professionals here what's to say a year down the line we are not having this exact same conversation.

Need to be completely dispassionate about this. Regards Pope which Soz mentioned above I am firmly in the release camp. Take out the Vale fan aspect etc and just think about if someone had contributed what he has the last couple of years and with his age in mind would you keep him? I think if it was any other player people would be revolting over it so it's time to cut loose. Leon is a different case, he is always available and has been one of our best players so there's value in keeping him particularly if as I hope we bring in a young centre-back to develop.

Some of this is pending what exactly DC wants to do in terms of the basic shape etc. May well be the case he just assessed the current squad and as a temporary fix to stop leaking goals now he went with the 3 centre-backs but might want to evolve to more of a 4-1-3-2 type deal.

It depends what caused it, we’ve heard the rumours but only they know what went on off the field which caused the apparent downing of tools.

Fitness looks better by far under DC and he soon got rid of the fitness coach and threw in his own.

Pope is a tough one. If the cap is moved to 25 then I’d give him a year and a coaching role as assume that is what he wants to go but hard to keep him under the 20 cap. Emotionally it will be tough to see him go and deserves a testimonial when fans are back and dare say Robbie Williams would come out for it etc like the legends of the 90s who had them.

I think you have to offer Joyce a deal, we are terrible without him results wise and he’s the only CDM we have so keep him but get a younger competition for places with him. Someone like Grant or Griff mould maybe to take the mantle and try and compete with him.

Hopefully the ditch the 20 man cap but we need some real competition for places next season and ideally some younger places to challenge the old guard.

Obviously keeping Conlon is going to be crucial as having him next season would be absolutely massive, he’s a level above this at the moment and one to be very excited about.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
The good news if Conlon does go with this current ownership it is going to be very expensive for the team buying him and that money will go back into the club not on a new Tesla unlike a former owner can think of.

Maybe I’m being hardline on this but even if the limit is 25 (and frankly I don’t think there should even be squad limits at all) I still don’t offer Pope a new deal. He’s just not a good player any more, I think it’s best if he gets a last payday in the Conference off some club throwing money at getting out of there. By all means give him a testimonial etc but we need to move on.

We do need to get younger in terms of the spine of the team as I do believe we need to start managing the Joyce’s and Legges better than we have been.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The good news if Conlon does go with this current ownership it is going to be very expensive for the team buying him and that money will go back into the club not on a new Tesla unlike a former owner can think of.

Maybe I’m being hardline on this but even if the limit is 25 (and frankly I don’t think there should even be squad limits at all) I still don’t offer Pope a new deal. He’s just not a good player any more, I think it’s best if he gets a last payday in the Conference off some club throwing money at getting out of there. By all means give him a testimonial etc but we need to move on.

We do need to get younger in terms of the spine of the team as I do believe we need to start managing the Joyce’s and Legges better than we have been.

That’s it isn’t it, you need someone to come in and produce the goods that Legge and Joyce do and rely on them. We’ve not had another CDM when our system Askey played relied on it... but had 7-8 midfielders!

It’s hard to say on Popes ability, he’s hardly played with injuries but that in itself is a problem now, he’s knocking on, hasn’t always been the model pro in terms of looking after himself. I mean last season he did well, and had a couple of good games when he has played this term but we need a real goal scorer. A Vaughan type player.

Theo has another year and in fairness seems to be getting decent under DC, obviously Rodney is a huge potential talent... get a goal scorer and probably a target man like Pope but younger and maybe try and keep Swann on loan jobs a good un.

Exciting summer for sure, I think we will spend a fair bit. I can’t believe Carol would invest in as much as she has since January structurally off the field and not throw money at the team in the summer. (Assume that was the carrot to get Clarke to move). We were also one of the clubs against the salary cap too so suggests we have the wish to spend.

Soz

Reaction score
Supports
PV
with the appointment of flitcroft, clarke, crosby and the other backroom appointments it shows that we're not scared of spending money to get this new ethos working. hopefully the recruitment side gets the same makeover. i'm not against clarke signing his former players on principle if they go through whatever our new recruitment process is.

re Pope, i know the correct decision would be to release him based purely on a value decision, i just think those players are once in a generation really so i'd happily eek it out as long as he can run on the pitch and win a few headers here and there.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
The only players of any note who are OOC in the summer are

Tom King, GK, will be looking to play at a higher level now he is a regular in the welsh squad.
Micky Demetriou, hope he sign's an extention.
Josh Sheehan, looks like he's already gone to nottingham forest.
Joss Labadie, ffs somebody take him, i will drive him there myself.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
The only players of any note who are OOC in the summer are

Tom King, GK, will be looking to play at a higher level now he is a regular in the welsh squad.
Micky Demetriou, hope he sign's an extention.
Josh Sheehan, looks like he's already gone to nottingham forest.
Joss Labadie, ffs somebody take him, i will drive him there myself.

Was surprised to see with Labadie he’s only 30. Feels like he has been playing for decades as can remember him at Shrewsbury. He was shithouser extraordinaire even then and only got worse over time.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Was surprised to see with Labadie he’s only 30. Feels like he has been playing for decades as can remember him at Shrewsbury. He was shithouser extraordinaire even then and only got worse over time.
Troy Archibald-Henville punched him some years back when TAH was playing for us and Labadie for Dagenham.

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
We were close to signing Labadie when Paul Cox was in charge, but the move got cancelled when our then chairman found out he'd been suspended for biting twice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!