Out of contract players

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
As it's getting towards the end of the season now I thought it'd be interesting to see who's going to be out of contract at the various clubs up and down the table. Obviously new deals for OOC players do depend on which league the team involved is likely to be in next season, but I'd imagine most of us would have some idea by now of who's likely to stay and who's likely to end up on trial at York City come the summer.

Gills out of contract players:
Glenn Morris - Keep
Shaun Williams - Keep
Cheye Alexander - Keep as back up
Ben Reeves - Release
Alex MacDonald - Keep
Stuart O'Keefe - Release
Max Ehmer - Keep
Jordan Green - Release
Lewis Page - Release
David Tutonda - Release
Lewis Walker - Release

Dom Jefferies - Keep
Scott Kashket - Release
Jake Turner - Keep as back up

Loans expiring:
Tristan Abrahams - Send back
Connor Masterson - Priority signing
Hakeeb Adelakun - Send back
Aiden O'Brien - Keep

Youth (close to 1st team):
Joe Gbode - Keep
Bailey Akehurst - Release
Josh Chambers - Keep

Under Contract:
Tom Nichols
Ollie Hawkins
Tim Dieng
Robbie McKenzie
George Lapslie
Ethan Coleman
Jayden Clarke
Will Wright

Overall would give us a squad looking something like:

GK - Glenn Morris, Jake Turner
RB - Robbie McKenzie, Will Wright, Cheye Alexander
CB - Connor Masterson, Max Ehmer
LB - None
DM - Ethan Coleman, Shaun Williams
CM - Dom Jefferies, Josh Chambers, Tim Dieng, George Lapslie
W - Jayden Clarke, Aidan O'Brien, Alex Macdonald
ST - Tom Nichols, Ollie Hawkins, Joe Gbode

It's a decent base to work from, and considering McKenzie and Alexander can play LB that gap doesn't worry me too much but I'd love a proper full back in that position. McKenzie, Williams and Hawkins can all fill in at CB as well, but it's up front we need additions, particularly out wide. Keeping O'Brien and Masterson is a no brainer for me, and if we can add similar quality in a few key areas we'll do alright next season I'm sure. For once I don't think the squad needs major surgery.

Cas

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Bradford City out of contract players:
Liam Ridehalgh - Release
Yann Songo'o - Release
Andy Cook - Not sure, errrm, KEEP!
Alex Gilliead - Release for me, but think Hughes will retain
Oscar Threlkeld - Release
Abo Eisa - Release
Colin Doyle - Keep. Player/coach.
Adam Clayton - Depends on his wages. Not sure he's a starter every week for me. Release.

Loans expiring:
Tolaji Bola - Send back
Scott Banks - Keep
Rom Critchlow - Keep
Dion Pereira - Send back
Dara Costalloe - Send back
Thierry Nevers - Send back

Under Contract:
Harry Lewis
Brad Halliday
Matty Platt
Richie Smallwood
Manny Osadebe
Jamie Walker
Matty Foulds
Timi Odusina
Ryan East
Luke Hendrie
Vadaine Oliver
Harry Chapman
Jake Young
Matt Derbyshire
Ciaran Kelly
Sam Stubbs

This is how our squad would look without loanees and youth.

GK: Harry Lewis, Colin Doyle
RB: Brad Halliday, Luke Hendrie
CB: Matty Platt, Sam Stubbs, Timi Odusina, Ciaran Kelly
LB: Matty Foulds
MF: Richie Smallwood, Manny Osadebe, Harry Chapman, Ryan East, Jamie Walker
ST: Jake Young, Matt Derbyshire, Vadaine Oliver

We need to get rid of Hendrie. Wouldn't be surprised if we also move on Young and East. Foulds is okay as a back up left back. Need a more mobile CM to compliment Smallwood imo. Cook signed up please. Grab a quality athletic left back.

Probably forgot stuff and made mistakes. Been awake for 34 hours. Bloody insomnia.

AR27

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Liam Ridehalgh - Release
Yann Songo'o - Release
Andy Cook - Not sure, errrm, KEEP!
Alex Gilliead - Release for me, but think Hughes will retain
Abo Eisa - Release
Adam Clayton - Depends on his wages. Not sure he's a starter every week for me. Release.

Loans expiring:
Tolaji Bola - Send back
Scott Banks - Keep
Rom Critchlow - Keep
Dion Pereira - Send back

Under Contract:
Harry Lewis
Brad Halliday
Matty Platt
Richie Smallwood
Manny Osadebe
Jamie Walker
Matty Foulds
Timi Odusina
Ryan East
Luke Hendrie
Vadaine Oliver
Harry Chapman
Jake Young
Matt Derbyshire
Ciaran Kelly
Sam Stubbs

We need to get rid of Hendrie. Wouldn't be surprised if we also move on Young and East. Foulds is okay as a back up left back. Need a more mobile CM to compliment Smallwood imo. Cook signed up please. Grab a quality athletic left back.

Probably forgot stuff and made mistakes. Been awake for 34 hours. Bloody insomnia.
Agree with all that. LB, CM and wingers are the areas of priority come the summer.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Under contract:

Richie Bennett - look to offload
Niall Canavan
Rory Feely
Ged Garner
Robbie Gotts
Elliot Newby
George Ray
Tyrell Warren - possibly offload unless he improves
Ben Whitfield

Expiring contracts:

Patrick Brough - keep although I have a feeling he'll go back to Carlisle
Mark Ellis - release
Paul Farman - keep
Sam Foley - extend for a year
Josh Gordon - keep
Joe Grayson - release
Josh Kay - keep if he sorts his mentality out
Josh Lillis - will stay on as a coach probably
Scott Maloney - release
David Moyo - release
Solomon Nwaboukei - release
Benni Smales-Braithwaite - keep
Jason Taylor - same as Lillis
Pavel Zuk - release, brought in as a prospect but realistically is only playing at Lancaster's level

Loaned players going back:
Sam McLelland
Jake Young
Harrison Neal

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Under contract:
Michee Efete
Anthony "The Rubbish" Glennon
Niall Maher
Luke Waterfall
Harry Clifton
Kieran Green
Gavan Holohan
Alex Hunt
Evan Khouri
Otis Khan
Danilo Orsi

Out of contract:
Ollie Battersby - Release
Max Crocombe - Retain
Danny Amos - Retain
Jordan Cropper - Release
Josh Emmanuel - Retain
Owen Gallacher - Release
Jaz Goundry - Release
Shaun Pearson - Release but offer coaching/staff role
Aaron Braithwaite - Release
Jamie Bramwell - Release
Bryn Morris - Release
Edwin Essel - Release
Sean Scannell - Release
Ryan Taylor - Release
Harvey Tomlinson - Release

Loan players going back:
Tom Dickson-Peters
Andy Smith
Mikey O'Neill
George Lloyd
John McAtee

We've got a really solid base of players on deals next year. All of those barring Orsi and Khouri are strong first teamers, several of them will be key players too. The attack is obviously the problem but we've known ever since the January window slammed shut that this summer was going to be a huge one in terms of recruiting attacking players. Get that right and we're looking at a playoff challenge in my opinion.

A couple of tough decisions are needed on some of the out of contract players. Amos, Morris and Taylor are head scratchers. I like all of them personally. I think Amos has had a strong end to the season and has improved as the season has gone on so I'd keep him as backup to Glennon. Morris I've released partly because he's the only one of 6 midfielders this season out of contract and partly because he's a bit injury prone. I really like him but I just think that with the amount of CMs we're already taking into the next season it's worth releasing him to spin the wheel and see what kind of an upgrade/downgrade we win. And then Taylor, with a heavy heart I'd release him as he's just a year or two old and injury prone for this level. Top NL big man and a decent one at this level, but I don't see us keeping him and bringing in another player of his ilk and I think we can get a more mobile option up there that carries a greater goal threat. Plus with McAtee going back to Luton it feels like the end of a little two season era and time for a refresh in that department. The rest of the releases are obvious to me. Battersby offers no competition to Crocombe. Cropper isn't up to the task. Pearson and Scannell are done. Gallacher looks okay but we've not really seen enough of him. Then all the kids (Goundry, Braithwaite, Bramwell, Essel and Tomlinson) will go as they haven't had a sniff and a new crop of 16 year olds will come in for two seasons before they're released because that's the way our youth academy works. I've put retain next to Emmanuel's name too but that's a speculative punt at very best as he'll be going higher. If we pull off keeping him then it'll be a masterstroke by Hurst and the club.

Of the loans, we need to be trying to take Andy Smith off Hull as he's not getting in their team and George Lloyd would be a cracking signing and one that I hope we're making enquiries about. McAtee will be going to Luton so good luck to him, one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen in a Town shirt. TDP and O'Neill haven't looked up to much so I fully expect to see them tearing it up for a rival L2 side next season.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Of the loans, we need to be trying to take Andy Smith off Hull as he's not getting in their team and George Lloyd would be a cracking signing and one that I hope we're making enquiries about. McAtee will be going to Luton so good luck to him, one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen in a Town shirt. TDP and O'Neill haven't looked up to much so I fully expect to see them tearing it up for a rival L2 side next season.
Re: to McAtee. Luton potentially could be a Premier League side next season and even if not, will be thinking of themselves as promotion challengers again in The Championship. I'm not sure if McAtee has proven enough to get himself in that picture. I think it was a bit of a punt from Luton, talented lad, see how develops, could be a masterstroke, maybe get a bit back if he did pretty well in L2. I'd be interested to know what their plans are with him. Loan to League One? But then he hasn't hit the hights in L2 yet.

And then I wonder if they and maybe he think another scene away from Grimsby to test him?

Basically, I want him here. He's the type of player we lack, a maverick number 10 type. Salford lad too, would bring him closer to his roots.

Be interesting to see what happens with him.

Son of Cod

Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby Town
Re: to McAtee. Luton potentially could be a Premier League side next season and even if not, will be thinking of themselves as promotion challengers again in The Championship. I'm not sure if McAtee has proven enough to get himself in that picture. I think it was a bit of a punt from Luton, talented lad, see how develops, could be a masterstroke, maybe get a bit back if he did pretty well in L2. I'd be interested to know what their plans are with him. Loan to League One? But then he hasn't hit the hights in L2 yet.

And then I wonder if they and maybe he think another scene away from Grimsby to test him?

Basically, I want him here. He's the type of player we lack, a maverick number 10 type. Salford lad too, would bring him closer to his roots.

Be interesting to see what happens with him.
I've had the same thoughts as well to be honest mate, even down to thinking he'd be a good fit for Stockport and that it's not entirely inconceivable. I think Luton will want to bring him back and work with him for a bit in the summer before making their mind up but yeah, I think a L1/L2 loan could well be on the horizon. Like you say, he's not hit the heights of last season in L2 but it's been an odd kind of season for him. Injured for a lot of it at the start, playing up top alone or as the focal point for a fair bit (which is not his strongest position) and not really being given the freedom to really show what he's capable of at times as we've been all about the graft and shape this season. Unless Hurst is changing system/style I don't think another season with us is the best place for him to be honest. But yeah you're right, it will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Out of Contract:
Ben Hinchliffe
- Keep as back up. Still think we can have a better number 1 at this level despite how good he has been for us though
Ryan Johnson - Probably release actually if we want to move forward.
Chris Hussey- Been pretty solid. Maybe get a year but age counts against him. Again wouldn't surprise me if he's not done enough
Phil Bardsley- Release. Doesn't even play for money and well, doesn't even play. Played about 3 games, been injured since early Jan, knees have gone. Not even a discussion really.
Neill Byrne- I'd keep him as back up if we stick with a back three. Plays CB and RCB at a consistent level and has stood in admirably throughout Horsfall's injuries.
Jacob Davenport- Signed a short term deal until the end of the season a few weeks back, local lad but hasn' stamped his authority on anything yet and has a long history of injuries. Release.

Loan Players:
Vit Jaros-
Had high hopes for him but form was poor with him in the side, he got injured and our form and defence has been better with Hinchliffe so he's never got back in. He's obviously not done enough to be the upgrade on Hinchliffe I think we need so- Send back
Joe Grayson- Signed last day of Jan Transfer window, literally hasn't kicked a ball for us yet so can't impress much in training. Send back.
Aaron Rowe- Signed last day of Jan Transfer window, has barely kicked a ball for us yet so can't impress much in training. Send back.

Under Contract:
Macauley Southam-Hales - Keep but his injuries are just constant now. So hopefully he can just get back up to speed to be decent back up and competition for Knoyle
Antoni Sarcevic - Could be time to part ways if we can, big part of us going up but we need to go up another gear in that number 10 role and he could be the victim.
Ryan Rydel - Keep
Paddy Madden- Keep
Ryan Croasdale- Keep but I think we could do with another 6 as competition to try and improve on the ball in that area. Been brilliant for us though, his replacement would have to be good as whenever Croasdale doesn't play we don't half miss him
Myles Hippolyte- Keep
Akil Wright - Keep
Kyle Wootton - Keep
Will Collar - Keep (if we can- if someone comes in with a good offer from the Championship which is mooted- then fair doos let him go- don't like standing in players way if the money's right)
Fraser Horsfall - Keep
Callum Camps - Keep. Needs to do more though.
Kyle Knoyle - Keep
Isaac Olaofe - Only just signed, not hit the ground running but needs a full season at least.
Jack Stretton - Only just signed, not hit the ground running but needs a full season at least.
Connor Evans- Doesn't really look at it at this level, probably loan him out, only just recalled from Notts because of injuries.
Joe Lewis- Loan him out, looks shaky at this level, wouldn't be against selling him, I don't see much of a player there despite still being pretty young and raw as a defender.

Scott Quigley, Ethan Ross and Ben Barclay are loaned out and still have contracts. Don't see a future for any of them, we'll offload again is some capacity. Ollie Crankshaw possibly the same although half a chance of a pre-season reprieve if we change systems, he doesn't suit our wing back style.

Ethan Pye and Cody Johnson are young players out on loan who have a lot of promise. Could see them in our fold but more loan opportunities for their development more likely.

We need a GK, LCB, CM and AM in the summer which would give us roughly
GK/Hinchliffe
Wright/Horsfall/LCB/Byrne/Hussey or Pye
Knoyle/MSH/Rydel
CM/Collar/AM/Croasdale/Camps/Hippolyte
Madden/Wootton/Olaofe/Stretton

Few gaps there so may lead to not as high turnover as I suggest or more incomings.

Last edited:

PaulHaddock

people person
Reaction score
Supports
Grimsby
Under Contract

Michee Efete
- decent attacking RB, can also cover at CB, would be wary if he is first choice come next season however.

Anthony Glennon - keep.

Niall Maher - keep, he’s improving all the time.

Luke Waterfall - providing he stays in decent form, he might be first choice for next year still. Need improvement if we want higher IMO.

Harry Clifton - will have League 1 interest again this year, really upped his game and he’s starting to really effect games.

Kieran Green - 3 year contract from Hurst which is rare so he deffo sees something, imagine will play a bigger part next year.

Alex Hunt - see Kieran Green.

Gavan Holohan - keep but we need an upgrade if we want playoffs, is generally not effective enough for me.

Evan Khouri - young lad who’s getting better.

Otis Khan - was in very good form before injury, I think he’ll be a first team player next year.

Danilo Orsi - one of the few longer signings who hasn’t worked, get rid of possible, not up to this level atm.

Out of contract:

Ollie Battersby - Release. Never seen but no clear impact or close to making the first team.
Max Crocombe - Retain but we need a better first choice to improve.
Danny Amos - Retain but as backup.
Jordan Cropper - Retain just for the throw alone but he’s a bit injury prone and clear Hurst doesn’t trust him.
Josh Emmanuel - Retain. Great player at this level and provides something different. Imagine he’ll have bigger, better offers than us though.
Owen Gallacher - Release. Never seen him.
Jaz Goundry - Release. As above.
Aaron Braithwaite - As above.
Jamie Bramwell - As above.
Edwin Essel - As above.
Harvey Tomlinson - As above.
Shaun Pearson
- Release but will surely move into a coaching role. Might just about work as an emergency CB.
Sean Scannell - Release. Crocked and finished unfortunately.
Ryan Taylor - Release. Too old and too slow for this level anymore.

Loan going back:
Tom Dickson-Peters -
he is ass. No thanks.
Andy Smith - would try and sign permanently but we’d have to pay Hull some money so would be very tricky.
Mikey O’Neill - not very good.
George Lloyd - would love to retain but Cheltenham could come down, they might want to keep him and again I think we’d have to pay.
John McAtee - strange situation this. Rumour going round that if we paid Luton back the first down-payment (125k) they’d be willing to give him back, as change of management and aspiration has possibly seen them change their mind. Despite this, think if they got better offers then obviously they’d take those instead, as would McAtee. He’s definitely not been as good this year but he’s been injured and not had the attacking support of last year. He’s got undoubted talent so unfortunately I just can’t see him here next year.

Next year for me we need a better GK, some athleticism in CM and possibly a whole new strike force. We shall see.

Moonie

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Carlisle contract details

Contracts/Loans Expiring

GK:

Michael Kelly (club has an option to extend, not seen enough of him to form an objective opinion)
Gabriel Breeze (youth product, club has option to extend)
Scott Simons (youth product, club has option to extend)

DEF:

Joel Senior (has struggled since returning from 12 months out injured, I expect we'll keep him if we don't go up)
Morgan Feeney (for the love of god, get this man's contract extended)
Corey Whelan (I'd let him go, he doesn't really fit our system and has struggled to get in the squad when we're at full strength)
Jon Mellish (club has an option to extend, which they absolutely should)
Max Kilsby (youth product, club has option to extend which will likely be taken. Had a good season on loan at Annan Athletic in SFL2)
Fin Back (on loan from Notts Forest, was excellent until injured back in autumn, rushed back for the Orient game, now injured again. I'd love to see him back, but even in league 1 there'd be little chance of that)
Ben Barclay (on loan from Stockport. Suffered a few injuries this season, not sure he'll be back)
Jack Robinson (on loan from Middlesborough. Barely had a look in, so no real idea of his ability)

MID:

Jordan Gibson (been pretty good if a touch inconsistent. I'd like us to keep him)
Brennan Dickenson (missed the whole season through injury, decent player on his day but his injury record is dreadful. Got to let him go, I'm afraid)
Taylor Charters (youth product who looked like he was finding his feet during an extended run in the side before yet another injury took him out of contention. Deserves an extension IMO)
Josh Dixon (youth product, missed the whole season with his 3rd ACL injury. Can't see a way back, shame as he has potential but has missed the best part of 2 seasons due to injury)
Lewis Bell (youth product, club has option to extend. Not sure they'll take it, he's been out on loan at Gretna in the Scottish Lowland League.)
Jamie Devitt (one of the more 'cultured' footballers at the club but another who has seen injury limit his chances. Popular with the fans, but unless he's transitioning into coaching I don't think we can justify an extension.
Alfie McCalmont (on loan from Leeds, would like to see him return next year - possibly on a permanent deal IF we can find our way to League 1)

ATT:

Omari Patrick (missed the first part of the season through injury, and has suffered another couple of months on the sidelines. Returned to the side in initially promising form but has struggled the past few weeks. I'd probably offer an extension, but needs to regain some consistency)
Kristian Dennis (17 goals despite suffering from back problems, but he's struggled to retain his form. 33 years old going into next season. He'll likely be off in the summer.)
Tobi Sho-Silva (you guessed it, injuries have ruined his season. Great ambassador for the club, but will likely leave)
Sam Fishburn (youth product, been bench warming on loan at Morpeth Town. Can't see him being offered an extension)
John Kymani-Gordon (on loan from Crystal Palace. Exploded onto the scene in Cumbria with a few excellent performances, has since inexplicably disappeared from the starting xi. Not a chance he'll be back.)

Under Contract

GK:

Thomas Holy

DEF:

Jack Ellis
Paul Huntington
Jack Armer

MID:

Callum Guy
Owen Moxon
Jayden Harris

ATT:

Ryan Edmondson
Joe Garner

Richard Cranium

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield
Twitter
@jallsop93
We've only got Flinders, Bowery, Quinn, Johnson and Perch out of contract out of the senior players I think, Maybe Jason Law. Pym, Swan and Harbottle loans will be up.

I'd keep all 3 of them and Quinn and Flinders is adequate back up.

We'll be looking to off load O'Toole who still has a year on his contract.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I dread to think how many of ours are tied to 2 year deals!

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Out of contract

Jamie Sterry (obvious keep)
Peter Hartley (old and past it - get rid)
Nicky Featherstone (thanks but time to go)
Mo Sylla (keep, playing out of his skin)
Ben Killip (get rid)

Dunno what deal they're on

Brendan Kiernan (barely played - can't remember if he was a loan or perm)
Wes McDonald (keep)
Mikael Ndjoli (get rid)
Matt Dolan (hopeless, back to Newport please)
Mohammed Niang (rubbish, get rid)
Alex Lacey (injured all the time, get rid if possible)

Under contract

John Umerah (obvious keep but I doubt we will)
Connor Jennings (keep, just the character you need at a club)
Edon Pruti (potential to improve, inconsistent at the minute)
Dan Dodds (good player, massive potential)
David Ferguson (not been as good this season but definitely keep)
Tom Crawford (injured a lot but has potential, keep)
Callum Cooke (keep)
Euan Murray (undecided)
Brody Paterson (rubbish, he can sod off)
Jake Hastie (awful, bugger off please)
Oli Finney (not seen much of him but he will be around next season I think)
Joe Grey (badly mismanaged, out on loan please)

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Out of contract

Jamie Sterry (obvious keep)
Peter Hartley (old and past it - get rid)
Nicky Featherstone (thanks but time to go)
Mo Sylla (keep, playing out of his skin)
Ben Killip (get rid)

Dunno what deal they're on

Brendan Kiernan (barely played - can't remember if he was a loan or perm)
Wes McDonald (keep)
Mikael Ndjoli (get rid)
Matt Dolan (hopeless, back to Newport please)
Mohammed Niang (rubbish, get rid)
Alex Lacey (injured all the time, get rid if possible)

Under contract

John Umerah (obvious keep but I doubt we will)
Connor Jennings (keep, just the character you need at a club)
Edon Pruti (potential to improve, inconsistent at the minute)
Dan Dodds (good player, massive potential)
David Ferguson (not been as good this season but definitely keep)
Tom Crawford (injured a lot but has potential, keep)
Callum Cooke (keep)
Euan Murray (undecided)
Brody Paterson (rubbish, he can sod off)
Jake Hastie (awful, bugger off please)
Oli Finney (not seen much of him but he will be around next season I think)
Joe Grey (badly mismanaged, out on loan please)

I think Dolan is signed sealed and delivered for next season, loan that converts into a contract at Pools next season.

Will Sterry stay? How long can just playing in the North East keep him happy, must surely want to push on again at some stage.

Mo Sylla who I was wishy washy on has turned into an absolute gem and is a must keep for next season, to think Curle favoured Featherstone and Niang over him.

Rest of the out of contracts can go.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
can't be bothered (yet) with trawling through to check BarraMatt's list so will use the same list;-

Niall Canavan
Rory Feely (whatever contract he's on - extend it.)
Ged Garner
Robbie Gotts
Elliot Newby
George Ray
Tyrell Warren - possibly offload unless he improves - sgreed
Ben Whitfield

Expiring contracts:

Patrick Brough - keep although I have a feeling he'll be going to Bradford, Wrexham or Stockport.
Mark Ellis - release
Paul Farman - keep
Josh Gordon - keep
Joe Grayson - release
Josh Kay - keep if he sorts his mentality out - agreed
Scott Maloney - release
David Moyo - release
Solomon Nwaboukei - look at pre-season
Benni Smales-Braithwaite - keep and loan to a NL side for 1st half of season
Pavel Zuk - monitor pre-season before deciding... he kept Garnacho quiet for 90 mins in the pizza cup/trophy thing (Garnacho scored in injury time)

Sam McLelland - try to get back - but probably loaned to L1 next season so we'll need to win the play off's to stand a chance.
Jake Young - depends upon Bradford and possibly Brough.
Harrison Neal - try to get back - but same applies as McLelland

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
can't be bothered (yet) with trawling through to check BarraMatt's list so will use the same list;-

Niall Canavan
Rory Feely (whatever contract he's on - extend it.)
Ged Garner
Robbie Gotts
Elliot Newby
George Ray
Tyrell Warren - possibly offload unless he improves - sgreed
Ben Whitfield

Expiring contracts:

Patrick Brough - keep although I have a feeling he'll be going to Bradford, Wrexham or Stockport.
Mark Ellis - release
Paul Farman - keep
Josh Gordon - keep
Joe Grayson - release
Josh Kay - keep if he sorts his mentality out - agreed
Scott Maloney - release
David Moyo - release
Solomon Nwaboukei - look at pre-season
Benni Smales-Braithwaite - keep and loan to a NL side for 1st half of season
Pavel Zuk - monitor pre-season before deciding... he kept Garnacho quiet for 90 mins in the pizza cup/trophy thing (Garnacho scored in injury time)

Sam McLelland - try to get back - but probably loaned to L1 next season so we'll need to win the play off's to stand a chance.
Jake Young - depends upon Bradford and possibly Brough.
Harrison Neal - try to get back - but same applies as McLelland

I’d keep Warren - he’s had enough good games to show that he’s got something, but felt he was hung out to dry a bit in a back four with no cover. He’s a wing back through and through, and would pick him every time in a back five.

We still need a third keeper so Maloney seems a decent player in that role, and Neal looks like he will be released so we’ll probably try and sign him - personally I think we could do better.

Not long now til talk of Quigley returning begins.

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Out of contract:

Richards - release
Offord - keep (we've go 12 month extension clause)
Mcdonald- keep
Adebisi - undecided
Mellor - KEEP
Lawton - keep
Uwakwe - Undecided
Griffiths- Release
Ainley - Release
Amoo - Release
Lunt - keep
Finney - keep
Baker-Richardson- Keep
Agyei - keep
Sambou - release
Long - release

Loans going back:

Beadle - I'd love to get him back but he will play much higher next season
Finnagan - Probably same as above.
Brook - not consistent enough, wouldn't be interested in having him back
Robertson - send back to forest green

Under contract

Goal keepers:
Booth

Defenders:
Williams
O'Riordan
Sass Davies - Get rid

Midfielders:
Thomas
Colckett
Tabiner

Forwards:
Nevitt
Evans
Holicek

Big re build needed.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
Obviously, a lot depends on which league we’re in. So I’ll try accommodate both.

Liam Ridehalgh - Release
Yann Songo'o - Release
Andy Cook - KEEP
Alex Gilliead - Release - our highest capped player but he’s mostly ineffective.
Abo Eisa - Release - injury prone
Adam Clayton - KEEP if we’re in L2. He’s played very well since signing in January.

Loans expiring:
Tolaji Bola - Send back
Scott Banks - Keep - very raw but once he settles somewhere, he’ll take some stopping.
Rom Critchlow - Keep - Rolls-Royce - oozes class but I think he might be in Huddersfield’s starting XI next season.
Dion Pereira - Send back - very disappointing

Under Contract:
Harry Lewis
Brad Halliday
Matty Platt
Richie Smallwood
Manny Osadebe
Jamie Walker
Matty Foulds
Timi Odusina
Ryan East
Luke Hendrie
Vadaine Oliver
Harry Chapman
Jake Young
Matt Derbyshire
Ciaran Kelly
Sam Stubbs

For the first time in a longtime, it seems as though we have a strong squad tied down whatever happens. It gives us a decent foundation to build from.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
As it's getting towards the end of the season now I thought it'd be interesting to see who's going to be out of contract at the various clubs up and down the table. Obviously new deals for OOC players do depend on which league the team involved is likely to be in next season, but I'd imagine most of us would have some idea by now of who's likely to stay and who's likely to end up on trial at York City come the summer.

Gills out of contract players:
Glenn Morris - Keep
Shaun Williams - Keep
Cheye Alexander - Keep as back up
Ben Reeves - Release
Alex MacDonald - Keep
Stuart O'Keefe - Release
Max Ehmer - Keep
Jordan Green - Release
Lewis Page - Release
David Tutonda - Release
Lewis Walker - Release

Dom Jefferies - Keep
Scott Kashket - Release
Jake Turner - Keep as back up

Loans expiring:
Tristan Abrahams - Send back
Connor Masterson - Priority signing
Hakeeb Adelakun - Send back
Aiden O'Brien - Keep

Youth (close to 1st team):
Joe Gbode - Keep
Bailey Akehurst - Release
Josh Chambers - Keep

Under Contract:
Tom Nichols
Ollie Hawkins
Tim Dieng
Robbie McKenzie
George Lapslie
Ethan Coleman
Jayden Clarke
Will Wright

Overall would give us a squad looking something like:

GK - Glenn Morris, Jake Turner
RB - Robbie McKenzie, Will Wright, Cheye Alexander
CB - Connor Masterson, Max Ehmer
LB - None
DM - Ethan Coleman, Shaun Williams
CM - Dom Jefferies, Josh Chambers, Tim Dieng, George Lapslie
W - Jayden Clarke, Aidan O'Brien, Alex Macdonald
ST - Tom Nichols, Ollie Hawkins, Joe Gbode

It's a decent base to work from, and considering McKenzie and Alexander can play LB that gap doesn't worry me too much but I'd love a proper full back in that position. McKenzie, Williams and Hawkins can all fill in at CB as well, but it's up front we need additions, particularly out wide. Keeping O'Brien and Masterson is a no brainer for me, and if we can add similar quality in a few key areas we'll do alright next season I'm sure. For once I don't think the squad needs major surgery.
Please sign Adelakun.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
I’d keep Warren - he’s had enough good games to show that he’s got something, but felt he was hung out to dry a bit in a back four with no cover. He’s a wing back through and through, and would pick him every time in a back five.

We still need a third keeper so Maloney seems a decent player in that role, and Neal looks like he will be released so we’ll probably try and sign him - personally I think we could do better.

Not long now til talk of Quigley returning begins.

You're right on Warren, and him and Feely aren't bad options to interchange depending on the formation.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don't think Neal has a long term future higher than League One. For a young lad he isn't particularly mobile.

LS Bantam

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
My keep/release opinions are generally the same as all the above, add into that the likes of Hendrie and Odusina who I can’t see being here come September despite being under contract. Critchlow (and Banks) a must to try for although would imagine he’ll end up in L1. My worry should we go up is how many would cut it in L1 (not many).

Reactions: Cas

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I think Dolan is signed sealed and delivered for next season, loan that converts into a contract at Pools next season.

Will Sterry stay? How long can just playing in the North East keep him happy, must surely want to push on again at some stage.

Mo Sylla who I was wishy washy on has turned into an absolute gem and is a must keep for next season, to think Curle favoured Featherstone and Niang over him.

Rest of the out of contracts can go.
I know he’s suffered with injuries a lot this term but personally think Sterry has been pretty poor overall this season, especially recently.

I might be wrong but looks to me like he knows he’s leaving end of season, looks far off what we know he can produce.

If we had any decent CB’s I’d have considered dropping him and moving Dodds to RB

Hopefully shuts me up with a class performance like the Sterry we know tomorrow

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I know he’s suffered with injuries a lot this term but personally think Sterry has been pretty poor overall this season, especially recently.

I might be wrong but looks to me like he knows he’s leaving end of season, looks far off what we know he can produce.

If we had any decent CB’s I’d have considered dropping him and moving Dodds to RB

Hopefully shuts me up with a class performance like the Sterry we know tomorrow

Dodds is a better RB/RWB than CB for me so we'd have a more than able replacement next season, I'd like Sterry to stay but wouldn't be that bothered if he did go, he's fallen into the same bracket as Bryn Morris, a good player who unfortunately spends 50% of a season out knackered.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Lots of chatter about possible lack of commitment from our two best players, both haven't been great for a while so it just shows what a good job Askey is doing that these two (for whatever reason) aren't firing and we've been doing as well as we have.

I don't think it is lack of desire, both have been hit with injuries and had some below par games, confidence looks a bit of an issue as well.

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Lots of chatter about possible lack of commitment from our two best players, both haven't been great for a while so it just shows what a good job Askey is doing that these two (for whatever reason) aren't firing and we've been doing as well as we have.

I don't think it is lack of desire, both have been hit with injuries and had some below par games, confidence looks a bit of an issue as well.
Yeah definitely, Askey has put confidence into the full squad. When Umerah and Kemp got brought off on Saturday I couldn’t see where a goal would come from, never mind two in quick succession.

I expect both Josh and Sterry to leave in summer, but with Askey in now, regardless what division we are in I’m not as worried about it

Monkey Tennis

Reaction score
Supports
Bluebirds
You're right on Warren, and him and Feely aren't bad options to interchange depending on the formation.

Happy to be proven wrong but I don't think Neal has a long term future higher than League One. For a young lad he isn't particularly mobile.
Exactly my thoughts on Neal. I’ve watched him closely the last few months after he got man of the match for about the fifth time in a row, and he throws himself into a tackle or two most games but he isn’t much of an athlete or particularly technical either.

Noticed Tom White is missing from the list. I’d keep as he’s pretty dependable and offers more protection for the defence than Neal.

BarraMatt

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Exactly my thoughts on Neal. I’ve watched him closely the last few months after he got man of the match for about the fifth time in a row, and he throws himself into a tackle or two most games but he isn’t much of an athlete or particularly technical either.

Noticed Tom White is missing from the list. I’d keep as he’s pretty dependable and offers more protection for the defence than Neal.

My list was a quick copy and paste off our forum so must've missed White. But I agree, considering I wasn't at all convinced when we gave him a new contract (is it expiring?) he's been reliable as you say.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
My list was a quick copy and paste off our forum so must've missed White. But I agree, considering I wasn't at all convinced when we gave him a new contract (is it expiring?) he's been reliable as you say.
agreed - he's turned into a duracell bunny who doesn't stop running... and he's obviously taken lesson's from Connor Brown in how to win free kicks in the defensive areas late in a match

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hudders
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!