Play-offs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Excellent to see Fylde lost tonight, hopefully Guiseley can avoid defeat at their little farmers field at Warton.

Hopefully Shitehawk go the same way too with defeat at Basingstoke.

Hopefully winners of Chorley or Boston and Basingstoke will gain promotion.

As for Rovers tonight well played and keep it up lads! Come on Grimsby!

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well what a night that was, just got to do the business at home now, forest green could easily come back from this, it's certainly not over.

As for the game, deserved win and should have been more than 1 by how we played in the first half. The fact their keeper got motm says a lot. Great atmosphere from us, singing 90% of the game. Before I forget, what a shocking referee! Torrid performance!

I have to give credit to the FGR officials and stewards though, they could easily have kicked us out after realising we were rovers fans but they didn't, and actually a little chat with a few of us. It did make me laugh at first though because we all stayed quiet before kick off, just in case we were ejected but we all looked so guilty and everyone looked round at each other desperate to sing, but stayed quiet. Before a policeman asks one if we're all rovers over here to which he owns up, the copper laughs and says ill send the rest down then, before grouping us altogether so fair play. It did make me laugh when our own fans thought we were forest green fans though taunting us and singing to us, that felt awkward before we all broke out and sung goodnight Irene, to which they loved.

Got to mention the Bristol City fan though. He was smashed and in stone island gear and funnily enough, he sung **** off Irene to us (believing we were all FGR fans) to which we kinda just thought he had just had a few too many. Until he made it apparent he was city, realised he was surrounded by rovers, got his deserved kicking and then got arrested. The obsession grows daily!

it did make me laugh though when they announced the attendance and we all shouted 'what about us?!' Before a chorus of we stand where we want echoed out :lol:

All in all a good night, good luck to those tonight, especially Grimsby. Have fun with the Eastleigh songs, **** me they're annoying. Singing Eastleigh Eastleigh Eastleigh to the yaya toure chant is especially annoying

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Harrison is a c*** though, delighted to see him go off.

Same could be said for Clough though. Snidey elbow to the back of Rovers players head goes unpunished then a couple of nasty late challenges when on a yellow. The mans a thug.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
So he deserved to be physically attacked, did he?
Yes, because he was 1. In stone island gear looking for a fight. 2. Singing anti rovers songs and 3. Starting on rovers fans who were just there to support the team.

He started it, lost and got what he deserved.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers
So he deserved to be physically attacked, did he?
I don't say he was deserving of a kicking but by his reactions and the known ferocity between our two teams you could ask what the fuck was he doing goading rival supporters when his team wer'nt actually playing. Urban I've been watching professional football for 54 years and the rivalry between the two Bristol teams is one of the most fiercest in the country. Without ever having experienced it you wouldn't really know.

Urban

Reaction score
Supports
Barnet
Yes, because he was 1. In stone island gear looking for a fight. 2. Singing anti rovers songs and 3. Starting on rovers fans who were just there to support the team.

He started it, lost and got what he deserved.
I don't say he was deserving of a kicking but by his reactions and the known ferocity between our two teams you could ask what the fuck was he doing goading rival supporters when his team wer'nt actually playing. Urban I've been watching professional football for 54 years and the rivalry between the two Bristol teams is one of the most fiercest in the country. Without ever having experienced it you wouldn't really know.

I'm fully with you both in thinking WTF he thought he was doing, but to say he deserved to be beaten is a bit much, strong rivalry or not. You could say it would be expected in that situation, but deserved? Nah. Inform the stewards, let them deal with the scrote and get back to watching the game

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
I have to really use this club as we have no rivalry.

If I was to go to for example Millwall and stand in the home end goading their fans I'd expect to get my ar*e kicked.

I'd agree with the rovers fans, you can totally be against thugs at football, but some people just reap what they sow

yellow

Reaction score
Supports
Torquay
Pleased to see Harrison sent off, the odious little shit.

HertsWolf

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Supports
Wolves
Went to Havant-Boreham Wood this evening, decent enough game with one or two players on both teams looking as if they should be playing at a higher level.
Same at Gosport with Matt Paterson and Tom Dunford. Always surprised that Paterson, in particular, never made it higher up in the League. And I'm not sure Farnborough will keep CJ Fearn for much longer. Some good teams locally. And still the prospect of an Eastleigh Pompey derby next season :2thumb:

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I predict we will see the real Forest Green in second half, red in tooth and claw. Get ready for a blood bath, they don't like it when they're losing. Red cards a probability. :box::bdick:

Glad to see we crushed that stupid myth that we're a dirty side. Who ended with 10 men? Not us.

Also glad to hear our stewards were sensible and chose to group the away fans in the home end together, rather then try ejecting them. As ever great support from the Gasheads, being realistic a club with support like that should never be at this level. It's going to be quite an atmosphere on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

slaphead

Reaction score
Supports
Aldershot Town
Glad to see we crushed that stupid myth that we're a dirty side. Who ended with 10 men? Not us.

Pull your head out of your arse and wipe the shit from your eyes. Yes Harrison deserved to go but so did Clough. And the yellow that Parkin got for his late hit on Puddy could well have been a red too. I knows he's a fat fucker and takes a while to slow down but his 'challenge' was totally unnecessary.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Parkin's i'm pretty sure was accidental just couldn't stop in time, he's not that sort of player. Clough barely touched their keeper, and had been wound up all night by Taylor and especially Harrison's antics.

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
Just a heads up on this. Chrome no longer supports Microsoft Silverlight. So Skygo is no longer working on chrome and assume the same would be for the BT Sport player as well.

http://help.sky.com/articles/using-google-chrome-with-sky-go

All explained in the above article, but the long and the short of it is just use Firefox or Internet Explorer *shudder* for BT Sport and Sky Go
Same applies to NOWTV too having to use IE8 for that or basically anything other than chrome.

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Parkin's i'm pretty sure was accidental just couldn't stop in time, he's not that sort of player. Clough barely touched their keeper, and had been wound up all night by Taylor and especially Harrison's antics.

Jesus, where to begin.

Parkin is exactly that type of player.

Poor Clough, kicked our keeper because he was being outplayed and outworked by two much smaller guys. How the hell Coles wasn't in the team I know but everyone bar you has said that Clough was a clear straight red. He kicked the keeper, doesn't matter how hard he did and absolutely baffling how he didn't get sent off.

If Clough doesn't get dropped for Sunday it'll be because your other centre half played worse or your manager doesn't have the foggiest. On that evidence Coles is twice the player.

SomeMightShay

Reaction score
Supports
FC Halifax Town
Twitter
@SomeMightShay
Thanks mate. Have downloaded Firefox now. I presume Chrome and Firefox wont conflict with each other?

What an absolute pain in the backside. :dk:

If you want to (for the time being at least) Chrome users can still override the blocking of the plugin that silverlight uses in Chrome:

1. Type chrome://flags in the browser's address bar and hit enter.
  2. Search for chrome://flags/#enable-npapi on the page. Or, load it directly.
  3. Enable it with a click on the link.
  4. Restart the browser.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
If Clough doesn't get dropped for Sunday it'll be because your other centre half played worse or your manager doesn't have the foggiest. On that evidence Coles is twice the player.

I agree Coles is the better player, and I think he should be in the team on Sunday, as Clough will get a lot of stick which won't help him keep his discipline. Coles will too, but his experience will see him relish it rather then be affected by it.

Parkin has only been booked 7 times in 51 appearances this season, and given the amount of fouls against him not given he does a great job of staying composed. Big strikers always seem to get a rough deal from referees, Julian Alsop had the same problem when he played for us.

Looking on the Gas Guzzler forum it's surprising to see the dislike for Clough, with some mentioning he has a good mentor (on how to be a thug) in Pipe. Cloughie is a Bristol boy and came through your set-up, and Pipe was a popular player for you. Is the stick really necessary?

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I have to really use this club as we have no rivalry.

If I was to go to for example Millwall and stand in the home end goading their fans I'd expect to get my ar*e kicked.

I'd agree with the rovers fans, you can totally be against thugs at football, but some people just reap what they sow
Exactly, and the worst part was this was before that game even kicked off!

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I agree Coles is the better player, and I think he should be in the team on Sunday, as Clough will get a lot of stick which won't help him keep his discipline. Coles will too, but his experience will see him relish it rather then be affected by it.

Parkin has only been booked 7 times in 51 appearances this season, and given the amount of fouls against him not given he does a great job of staying composed. Big strikers always seem to get a rough deal from referees, Julian Alsop had the same problem when he played for us.

Looking on the Gas Guzzler forum it's surprising to see the dislike for Clough, with some mentioning he has a good mentor (on how to be a thug) in Pipe. Cloughie is a Bristol boy and came through your set-up, and Pipe was a popular player for you. Is the stick really necessary?
We had no issues with Clough before the game, many actually wished him well at FGR as I thought he was pretty decent. Last night ruined his reputation

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Fair enough I suppose, but don't tell me none of your defenders have never been prone to the odd bit of physical stuff, and been popular because of it. Clough's kick was stupid, but not malicious so a yellow was imo fair. Could and maybe should have been a second yellow though, as the challenge on Taylor probably should have been a yellow. I was happy with that one though, as Taylor was getting cocky and needed a reducer to quieten him down.

Coles, despite becoming assistant manager, has been out of team since being sent off at Altrincham, as Pennock seems to have a policy of keeping players in the side no matter what until their injured or suspended, at which point they usually stay out for a long period.

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers

I was suprised Coles didn't start. Bigger game experience and relishes playing well against us. You lacked a leader at the back last night and he can be exactly that.

Parkin may well have been on best behaviour this season, but he's well known for having a bit of niggle throughout his career. He was very frustrated from 15 minutes last night.

Nobody had any opinion on Clough prior to the game. But he had a poor attitude last night, as our ex player he could have kept his head down but he was bull in a china shop last night and kicked out at our keeper, should have been red carded. Was it also he who flattened Taylor when he had no chance to get the ball? Pat Keary, from the same youth crop, was with Bath earlier this season when they beat us and he got a good reception, played well, won the game and noone had a go at him. It's about attitude.

As for Pipe, he usually gets a good reception that I can't understand, seeing as he smashed someone over the head with a wine bottle when he was under contract with us. Behaviour that I never want to see from a Rovers player.

Gassy

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Tbf, Pipe gets stick but when full time is over, he applauses the rovers fans every time so I feel many clap back out politeness. Tbf, I probably would if he made an effort to clap us after a game. If not what he did that I would clap, it's more a sign of muual respect that we've both moved on I guess

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
I was suprised Coles didn't start. Bigger game experience and relishes playing well against us. You lacked a leader at the back last night and he can be exactly that.

As for Pipe, he usually gets a good reception that I can't understand, seeing as he smashed someone over the head with a wine bottle when he was under contract with us. Behaviour that I never want to see from a Rovers player.

Agree 100% on Coles, hopefully AP isn't too stubborn to realise it, as he seems to see Clough and Racine as his young protégé's who he's trying to mould in his own image, which tbf according to Gillingham fans was quite agricultural.

Pipe is a fantastic player and leader, he's done his time and so deserves respect for his footballing abilities imo.

TheGas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol rovers
Since when were forest green such a long ball team? I thought they normally played decent football

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Since we appointed a manager who's a disciple of Tony Pulis.

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Agree 100% on Coles, hopefully AP isn't too stubborn to realise it, as he seems to see Clough and Racine as his young protégé's who he's trying to mould in his own image, which tbf according to Gillingham fans was quite agricultural.

Pipe is a fantastic player and leader, he's done his time and so deserves respect for his footballing abilities imo.

From his own fans, sure, but part of football is having that pantomime villian. I'm sure Pipe and Coles can handle it. Pipe won't even get it if Coles plays.

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well played Bristol Rovers, thoroughly deserved to win it tonight. Harrison is a c*** though, delighted to see him go off. Never a chance of Taylor not celebrating against his old club eh?

Still in it, but we'll need to play a lot better and get very lucky.

Also glad to hear our stewards were sensible and chose to group the away fans in the home end together, rather then try ejecting them. As ever great support from the Gasheads, being realistic a club with support like that should never be at this level. It's going to be quite an atmosphere on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Fair enough I suppose, but don't tell me none of your defenders have never been prone to the odd bit of physical stuff, and been popular because of it. Clough's kick was stupid, but not malicious so a yellow was imo fair. Could and maybe should have been a second yellow though, as the challenge on Taylor probably should have been a yellow. I was happy with that one though, as Taylor was getting cocky and needed a reducer to quieten him down.

Coles, despite becoming assistant manager, has been out of team since being sent off at Altrincham, as Pennock seems to have a policy of keeping players in the side no matter what until their injured or suspended, at which point they usually stay out for a long period.

I don't think I have ever read such a biased supporter's comments.

Both of Harrison's challenges were 50/50 as to whether they should be yellows or not. I think to get a red for those 2 was quite harsh. Especially considering you were lucky to win that free kick for the yellow, as it wasn't a foul and if anything we should have had that free kick for your player swinging his arm back.

I wonder why Clough is now disliked by our fans? Maybe because he deliberately clattered into Taylor in the first half with no intention of getting the ball, that was at least a yellow in itself and they you have the 2nd foul where he actually gets a yellow in the 2nd half, a deliberate kick out at our Keeper Puddy. That was very stupid as could easily have been a straight red. Clough should definitely have been off the pitch! Harrison maybe? Harrison's were nowhere near as bad though.

And as for Parkin? He was getting frustrated all night and deliberately clattered into Clough, no way was that accidental. If it was accidental then I would have expected him to hold his hand up to Puddy. Not stand there staring at him.

Face it, your team's a bunch of thugs and benefitted from the majority of the refeering decision's last night. You're lucky to be only 1-0 down going into the home leg. Hopefully there will be 2 proper teams in the final. You and Eastleigh are as bad as each other.

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Excellent to see Fylde lost tonight, hopefully Guiseley can avoid defeat at their little farmers field at Warton.

Hopefully Shitehawk go the same way too with defeat at Basingstoke.

Hopefully winners of Chorley or Boston and Basingstoke will gain promotion.

As for Rovers tonight well played and keep it up lads! Come on Grimsby!
Some of the Boston lot had a right shitter.

Got stuck on the M62, missed the game and saw the team coach going the other way on the way home. :lol:

GTFC1979

Reaction score
Supports
grimsby town
3336 at FGR last night for a play off semi, including roughly 1000 Gas fans.
Now at the risk of pissing off my good friend ChrisFGR, what an absolute joke that attendance is, you should be embarassed by it.

miagsygas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
3336 at FGR last night for a play off semi, including roughly 1000 Gas fans.
Now at the risk of pissing off my good friend ChrisFGR, what an absolute joke that attendance is, you should be embarassed by it.

Plenty of space to have given us extra tickets, I know they didn't want to risk it being like an away game, but definitely throwing away extra revenue (not that Vince needs it obviously.) I was very, very suprised they didn't sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotox
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!