Players - ins & outs

Trapdoor

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter
Can you tell Lee Angol he needs to make an appearance on the mynewfootyclub podcast please? He is a minor celebrity with those guys.

Devon_Lad

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City / Rangers
Twitter
@MoggMentum
Can you tell Lee Angol he needs to make an appearance on the mynewfootyclub podcast please? He is a minor celebrity with those guys.
Oh god, I'm only 15 minutes into the Rochdale ep, does it go back to Lee Angol....Again?

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
Because we were/are under an embargo this season we were only able to offer 1 Year contracts so most of our players will be OOC. McKirdy has signed an extension as has Gladwin.

Those likely to attract interest from elsewhere - Wollacott, Payne, Reed and Williams - will be difficult to retain. Unless, by some miracle, we win the POs.

I would love to take Jack Payne back. Very good for this level

Kauto Star

Reaction score
Supports
Bradford City
If I’m honest I’m not fussed if all our OAC go, I’d happily keep Vernam, but still don’t think he’d score enough in a 433 or 4231 which I think is the way we’re going. He’s one of the only players that’s remotely exciting but I think it’s partly because of how crap we are. Watt has improved under Sparky so wouldn’t mind him staying and Paudie O’Connor could be decent with a decent CB next to him with a bit of mobility. I’d keep Hendrie as back up, he’s not a world beater but the difference is stark when he plays compared to Threlkeld.

Angol would be quality if not for injuries, but they’re just never going to go away. Maybe a month by month contract? A bit ruthless but we can’t waste wages on sick notes, whatever happens with him I wish him all the best, he always gives 100% and comes across a decent bloke.

Sutton and Cooke once upon a time I’d have been desperate to keep, both have been garbage unfortunately and I think with Cooke he just will never get the goals he needs to play in his favoured number 10 position, he goes missing when played any further back in midfield, Sutton can’t pass wind.

Can’t be bothered to remember who else we have they can all do one.

Pretty much agree with all that.

Vernam would be my priority to try and keep from the out of contract players list. Would probably like to see Paudie and Watt back, but not too fussed if they are not.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
Think he’d be looking higher up the food chain than L2. He said when he joined us he wanted some stability and not keeping flitting from club to club, so maybe he’ll sign an extension.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Id take Caprice off your hands, looked your biggest threat in both league games against us. Surprised you think he should go, even in L1.
Caprice is OK at this level, but was really found out in League One with us a couple of years ago.

RLC

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Rovers have the following under contract;
Josh Dacres-Cogley RB
Lee O'Connor CM/RB
Josh Hawkes WM
Chris Merrie CM
Eliott Nevitt F
Kane Hemmings F
+ possibly Sam Taylor U18 F

Charlie Jolley F has an option to extend his deal, hard to know if we'll take that up.

Of the out of contract players, Joe Murphy GK and Jay Spearing CM are rumoured to be retiring, Jay with a coaching role at Liverpool.
I can't see deals being offered to Joe Maguire, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Calum Mcmanaman, Mani Dieseruvwe or Nicky Manynard.
Expect we'll make offers to Calum Macdonald LB, Tom Davies CD, Peter Clarke CD and Kieron Morris WM I would like all of them to stay, albeit think that the central defence shouldn't be built around Clarke now. Morris apparently declined a contract extension and looks likely to move on, unsure about the others.
There are a few young pros in Kyle Hayde FB, Ryan Stratulis WM and Jake Burton F who may get offers, though they're unlikely to see much first team action.
I agree with most of that, although I would not be unhappy if Clarke retired now. It is only speculation, but I am not sure he is always the greatest influence off the pitch in terms of squad harmony, and I think we need a few different senior players in the dressing room after two failed promotion attempts.

Reactions: Boz

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
The frightening thing is regarding Killip is Micky Nelson said he did all he could to get across (3rd goal).
Liddle is definately a no no, can no longer manage a back four. When he plays(back5) we revert to passing backwards and sideways in our defensive 3rd.
Can see Fergie, Timmy and molls all leaving, don,t be surprised if Fletcher is released by the Boro that may be part of his loan deal.
letting John Rooney score from the half way line won't have helped your fans view of him either

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
The frightening thing is regarding Killip is Micky Nelson said he did all he could to get across (3rd goal).
Liddle is definately a no no, can no longer manage a back four. When he plays(back5) we revert to passing backwards and sideways in our defensive 3rd.
Can see Fergie, Timmy and molls all leaving, don,t be surprised if Fletcher is released by the Boro that may be part of his loan deal.
Nelse is obviously just defending him but you're both right he doesn't look to dominate the box or claim enough crosses. If we have better on the radar then I'm okay binning him off.

We need a lot more pace and trickery up front and bite in midfield, there's a lot we do need. Like you say, all our better players (except Sterry) will leave. It's gonna be a big rebuild. Can' see it all being a let down again with us signing the likes of Fletcher or Frank Nouble (who we almost got last summer) or god forbid Luke James. Not only that but tactically they have so much work to do.

Featherstone falling out with the management is a juicy one. Anyone heard owt about that?

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
Nelse is obviously just defending him but you're both right he doesn't look to dominate the box or claim enough crosses. If we have better on the radar then I'm okay binning him off.

We need a lot more pace and trickery up front and bite in midfield, there's a lot we do need. Like you say, all our better players (except Sterry) will leave. It's gonna be a big rebuild. Can' see it all being a let down again with us signing the likes of Fletcher or Frank Nouble (who we almost got last summer) or god forbid Luke James. Not only that but tactically they have so much work to do.

Featherstone falling out with the management is a juicy one. Anyone heard owt about that?
you just know Luke James will be linked in the summer whether he signs or not....

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
you just know Luke James will be linked in the summer whether he signs or not....
He should be kicking it about with Workington Reds by now, lad is fucking hopeless, about as lethal as Dale Winton in the box.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
Id take Caprice off your hands, looked your biggest threat in both league games against us. Surprised you think he should go, even in L1.
He’s under contract till 2024 so he’ll be with us next season. Agree though, he’s impressed me this season and is a good player.

Moomin

Reaction score
Supports
ECFC
There's no way we would buy Zanzala, he has done OK but not worthy of a fee or a regular place in a League One side.
It wouldn’t surprise me if we could get him on a free, or even a nominal fee. Barrow may just want to get him off their wage bill so they can rebuild.

Personally, I’d be happy if he signed with us next season, even at L1 level. He’s done ok in that league before with Accy and he’s got something about him plus he’s relatively young.

We’ll undoubtedly need to look to bring in a more reliable goal threat, but it’s a squad game and he’d be useful to have IMO.

Ninety Per Cent

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Looking at the current squad it's woeful. Rory Watson the only one who i think would get a league club in the summer. Of the remaining Senior Pros only Anthony Grant i would retain, the others will move on to maybe a NL or NLN club with money.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
If you continually defend players who are not up to it you run the risk of looking foolish yourself, and puts into doubt your commitment to the squad.
Hopefully our new HOR will sort it.

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
If you continually defend players who are not up to it you run the risk of looking foolish yourself, and puts into doubt your commitment to the squad.
Hopefully our new HOR will sort it.
you spelt Whore wrong....

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Just released our retained list

The following players are still under contract for the 2021/22 season:

Rio Adebisi

Luke Offord

Christopher Long

Callum Ainley

Oli Finney

Dan Agyei

Madger Gomes

Bassala Sambou

Josh Lundstram

Billy Sass-Davies

Tariq Uwakwe

The following players have accepted new deals:

David Richards

Regan Griffiths

Player who has been offered a new deal:

Travis Johnson

Scholars who have agreed professional contracts:

Tom Booth

Lewis Billington

Charlie Finney

Connor O’Riordan

Matus Holicek

Sean Lawton

Joel Tabiner

Scholars who have been offered deals:

Zac Williams

Connor Salisbury

Players who have been released:

Will Jaaskelainen

Chris Porter

Scott Kashket

Luke Murphy

Tyreece Onyeka

Joe Robbins

Nathan Woodthorpe

Sam Booth

Players who have returned to their parent club:

Ryan Alebiosu

Ben Knight

Rekeem Harper

Mandron and Lowery also offered new contracts I doubt either will be here next season, definitely in Lowery's case.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Just released our retained list

The following players are still under contract for the 2021/22 season:

Rio Adebisi

Luke Offord

Christopher Long

Callum Ainley

Oli Finney

Dan Agyei

Madger Gomes

Bassala Sambou

Josh Lundstram

Billy Sass-Davies

Tariq Uwakwe

The following players have accepted new deals:

David Richards

Regan Griffiths

Player who has been offered a new deal:

Travis Johnson

Scholars who have agreed professional contracts:

Tom Booth

Lewis Billington

Charlie Finney

Connor O’Riordan

Matus Holicek

Sean Lawton

Joel Tabiner

Scholars who have been offered deals:

Zac Williams

Connor Salisbury

Players who have been released:

Will Jaaskelainen

Chris Porter

Scott Kashket

Luke Murphy

Tyreece Onyeka

Joe Robbins

Nathan Woodthorpe

Sam Booth

Players who have returned to their parent club:

Ryan Alebiosu

Ben Knight

Rekeem Harper

Mandron and Lowery also offered new contracts I doubt either will be here next season, definitely in Lowery's case.

I always thought Luke Murphy was pretty good unless he’s said he’s going elsewhere? Looking at that list of players still at Crewe your new manager will have a bit of a job to steady the ship next season I feel unless you’re about to drastically improve your player recruitment.

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
I always thought Luke Murphy was pretty good unless he’s said he’s going elsewhere? Looking at that list of players still at Crewe your new manager will have a bit of a job to steady the ship next season I feel unless you’re about to drastically improve your player recruitment.

I thought that, although he’s been relegated with his last 3 clubs.

L**ds c***!

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Recruitment is going to be massive for us. I don't think any Crewe fan will expect us to be at the top of the league next season. We have a few who I think will do ok next season. Chris Long has looked a very capable striker at league 1 level so will be fine at league 2. Uwakwe has looked decent in the short time he's been here and the same could be said of Agyei. If Mandron stays he will do fine. Our defence also looks very capable albeit very young and lacking a right back. Where I worry is in midfield where we have too many contracted who just aren't good enough and I still think we need a number 1 keeper, despite abit of an up turn in form from Richards recently.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
Doncaster Rovers, Sporting Leyland
Ours
Goalkeeper
Jonathan Mitchell
Defence
Kyle Knoyle, Ollie Younger, Ro-Shaun Williams, Joseph Olowu, Charlie Seaman(can play midfield)
Midfield
Jon Taylor, Ben Close, Adam Clayton, Tommy Rowe, Liam Ravenhill
Striker
Joe Dodoo, Jordi Hiwula, Reo Griffiths, Kieran Agard
Options taken up on
Louis Jones, Ben Bottomley (goalkeepers) Tom Anderson (defence)
Contracts offered to Ben Faulkner (defence) John Bostock (midfield) Aidan Barlow (midfield/striker)
Ben Blythe going to Swansea for a fee
Released
Brandon Horton, Lirik Hasani, AJ Greaves, Cameron John, Fejeri Okenhibirie, Ed Williams, Dan Gardner.
Return to clubs
Matt Smith, Ethan Galbraith, Josh Martin, Ben Jackson, Mipo Odubeko

If we had released 90% I wouldn’t have been upset. The only thing by keeping them though is it isn’t a total rebuild like the last 2 summers and they actually started to look like a team in the last 10 games, shame about the other 36

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Ours
Goalkeeper
Jonathan Mitchell
Defence
Kyle Knoyle, Ollie Younger, Ro-Shaun Williams, Joseph Olowu, Charlie Seaman(can play midfield)
Midfield
Jon Taylor, Ben Close, Adam Clayton, Tommy Rowe, Liam Ravenhill
Striker
Joe Dodoo, Jordi Hiwula, Reo Griffiths, Kieran Agard
Options taken up on
Louis Jones, Ben Bottomley (goalkeepers) Tom Anderson (defence)
Contracts offered to Ben Faulkner (defence) John Bostock (midfield) Aidan Barlow (midfield/striker)
Ben Blythe going to Swansea for a fee
Released
Brandon Horton, Lirik Hasani, AJ Greaves, Cameron John, Fejeri Okenhibirie, Ed Williams, Dan Gardner.
Return to clubs
Matt Smith, Ethan Galbraith, Josh Martin, Ben Jackson, Mipo Odubeko

If we had released 90% I wouldn’t have been upset. The only thing by keeping them though is it isn’t a total rebuild like the last 2 summers and they actually started to look like a team in the last 10 games, shame about the other 36

I always thought Okenhibirie was decent, I see he's basically been injured for the last 2 years - thought he'd be worth keeping.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
I always thought Okenhibirie was decent, I see he's basically been injured for the last 2 years - thought he'd be worth keeping.
Most of us thought he and John would be but their injuries appear to be too big a risk and both were on decent wages so it’s best to put them on players who might actually play

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Only Jonathan Mitchell on the books as a keeper? Has he been as bad as I imagine? Was absolutely appalling for us.

Bone Idle

Reaction score
Supports
Newport County
Our official club website saying we have turned down a bid from St Mirren for full back Cameron Norman.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Only Jonathan Mitchell on the books as a keeper? Has he been as bad as I imagine? Was absolutely appalling for us.
Aye imagine having him as first choice. I do fancy Donny and Crewe to struggle, especially the latter.

DearneValleyRover

Reaction score
Supports
No actually he’s been pretty decent it was the other 10 in front that was the problem

Claret Forever

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton
We've got the following under contract
GK
LB
Ali Koiki
CB John Guthrie CB Ryan Nolan CB Max Dyche
RB Aaron McGown
LM Mitch Pinnock
CM Jack Sowerby CM Paul Lewis
RM Sam Hoskins
FW Louis Appere FW Nicke Kabamba

Of the 11 under contract, only Koiki might go as he did have some interest from bigger clubs in January, but the only one we'd want to get rid off is Kabamba. Failing to do it in the league below on loan currently for Woking, so probably difficult to shift. Otherwise, only Lewis has failed to have a big impact on the promotion push this year from that team who have played regularly. Nolan is an unknown quantity but was signed on a big contract mid-season as for the future. Dyche hasn't really played, but only signed a Pro Contract in May and is obviously one for the future. Koiki, Guthrie and Pinnock all been big players this year, and Appere had just started to show what he can after joining in January.

As for out of contract, there's

GK Liam Roberts - KEEP - Probably player of the season. Essential for this years push for promotion. Probably got better suitors in all likliness.
GK Johnny Maxted - MAYBE - If he's willing to be second string all season and be on a cheap wage, probably possible to get a similar level 2nd keeper.
LB Joseph Mills - CUT - Too old and injury prone to have on the books anymore, wouldn't be worth the wage required.
CB Sid Nelson - CUT - Out all season with an injury, don't know what state he'll be in when he comes back, but you can't really keep that sort of luxury on our budget.
CB Fraser Horsfall - KEEP - Other contender for player of the season, likely to get a better offer.
RB Michael Harriman - CUT - Same boat as Mills, good player who's just got too old to keep up with it.
CM Shaun McWilliams - KEEP - Our best centre-midfielder, however somewhat limit as a DM. Might be able to convince to stay as injury proneness may keep suitors away, could be off.
CM Scott Pollock - CUT - A kid who has shown glimpses, but couldn't force his way into the team when we were down to one fit Centre Mid, so don't think Brady will keep the faith with, and no point to have him if he isn't going to get chances in that situation.
FW Danny Rose - CUT - Always tries his best, but a one in 15 strike rate says it all.
FW Benny Ashley-Seal - CUT - Not been able to convert academy success with Wolves into showing he can make it as a pro.

plus the end of loans for Idris Kanu, Bez Lubala, Chanka Zimba and Josh Eppiah. Out of that, Eppiah would be great to get on a permanent, but not sure if Leicester would be willing to give him up. His injury proneness may make him more gettable.

hellogregory

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Our retained list should be announced today.

I’m expecting most to be released and the rest to sign for Barrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!