Players - ins & outs

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I thought Ollie Banks was Barrow's best player at Vale and scored a cracking free kick. I'd be happy for us to take a punt on him if we stay in league 2.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Kieron Morris has signed a new 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd. Announced at the Facebook forum with the Palioi. Good news, particularly after suggestions he’d turned down a new contract during the season.

White Army

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Kieron Morris has signed a new 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd. Announced at the Facebook forum with the Palioi. Good news, particularly after suggestions he’d turned down a new contract during the season.
Great news this. Thought he was destined for league 1. Rumours we have made him our highest earner to keep him on.

Reactions: Boz

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
rumour has it on our forum that Ollie Banks has been told he can try to find another club if he wants - he clearly wasn't in Brown's plans - but i'm not sure what will happen when whoever the new guy comes in starts. Banks and Rooney both in midfield just doesn't seam to work. I can see several teams in D2 and NL being interested if he does want to leave.
Rooney not fitting in with other players around him. Shocker.

He's a good player Rooney, great shot on him, pick a pass etc but he just doesn't compliment a team well. Challinor sussed him quickly and benched him and then we sold him back to you. He even did a superb assist the weekend before you signed him after coming off the bench.

But we've just not missed him one bit. And like I say, it's not because he's shit. Just doesn't fit in with those around him. Not subtle enough as a 10, doesnt run the game enough for 8.

He'll definitley score against us next season though.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club

The following players remain under contract for the 2022/23 season:
Ben Barclay
Will Collar
Oliver Crankshaw
Ryan Croasdale
Connor Jennings
Cody Johnson
Ryan Johnson
Jordan Keane
Mark Kitching
Paddy Madden
Sam Minihan
Elliot Newby
Ethan Pye
Scott Quigley
Alex Reid
Ethan Ross
Ryan Rydel
Antoni Sarcevic
Macauley Southam-Hales
Ben Whitfield

The following players on loan this season have now returned to their parent clubs:
Luca Ashby-Hammond
Andy Cannon
Courtney Duffus
Zaine Francis-Angol

The club is in negotiations with the following players to extend their contracts:
Ben Hinchliffe
Myles Hippolyte
Ash Palmer

The following players have not been offered contracts for the 2022/23 season:
Millenic Alli
Liam Hogan
Lois Maynard
Josh Schofield
Jamie Stott
Tom Walker

No major surprises there. Whilst Hogan was officially the club captain, he's been on the periphery of things and had a horrible tendency to give away pointless (and costly) fouls. Against Torquay he was literally on the pitch about 10 seconds before giving away a foul that nearly cost us the three points, right at the end of the game.

Palmer has had one or two defensive errors creeping into his game but still, overall, he's absolutely talismanic at the back.

Hinchliffe staying on should be a no-brainer, he's breaking all sorts of club records in goal, kept clean sheets in 60% of his games last season.

Hippo was the biggest revelation of the season, nobody expected much from someone who was leaving bottom-of-the-league Scunny, but he ended up becoming an essential matchwinner in the side. Glad he's staying on.

I'd expect a few of those contracted to still end up moving elsewhere as they haven't been fitting in the matchday squads - namely Reid, Barclay, Kitching, perhaps Connor Jennings & Ben Whitfield.

GEORGE

Bristol Rovers
Reaction score
Supports
bristol rovers

Ben Barclay
Will Collar
Oliver Crankshaw
Ryan Croasdale
Connor Jennings
Cody Johnson
Ryan Johnson
Jordan Keane
Mark Kitching
Paddy Madden
Sam Minihan
Elliot Newby
Ethan Pye
Scott Quigley
Alex Reid
Ethan Ross
Ryan Rydel
Antoni Sarcevic
Macauley Southam-Hales
Ben Whitfield

The following players on loan this season have now returned to their parent clubs:
Luca Ashby-Hammond
Andy Cannon
Courtney Duffus
Zaine Francis-Angol

The club is in negotiations with the following players to extend their contracts:
Ben Hinchliffe
Myles Hippolyte
Ash Palmer

Millenic Alli
Liam Hogan
Lois Maynard
Josh Schofield
Jamie Stott
Tom Walker

No major surprises there. Whilst Hogan was officially the club captain, he's been on the periphery of things and had a horrible tendency to give away pointless (and costly) fouls. Against Torquay he was literally on the pitch about 10 seconds before giving away a foul that nearly cost us the three points, right at the end of the game.

Palmer has had one or two defensive errors creeping into his game but still, overall, he's absolutely talismanic at the back.

Hinchliffe staying on should be a no-brainer, he's breaking all sorts of club records in goal, kept clean sheets in 60% of his games last season.

Hippo was the biggest revelation of the season, nobody expected much from someone who was leaving bottom-of-the-league Scunny, but he ended up becoming an essential matchwinner in the side. Glad he's staying on.

I'd expect a few of those contracted to still end up moving elsewhere as they haven't been fitting in the matchday squads - namely Reid, Barclay, Kitching, perhaps Connor Jennings & Ben Whitfield.
Is James Jennings still at County ?

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Is James Jennings still at County ?
He retired at the end of last season (20/21) through injury but he's part of the coaching staff.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots

Ben Barclay
Will Collar
Oliver Crankshaw
Ryan Croasdale
Connor Jennings
Cody Johnson
Ryan Johnson
Jordan Keane
Mark Kitching
Paddy Madden
Sam Minihan
Elliot Newby
Ethan Pye
Scott Quigley
Alex Reid
Ethan Ross
Ryan Rydel
Antoni Sarcevic
Macauley Southam-Hales
Ben Whitfield

Luca Ashby-Hammond
Andy Cannon
Courtney Duffus
Zaine Francis-Angol

Ben Hinchliffe
Myles Hippolyte
Ash Palmer

Millenic Alli
Liam Hogan
Lois Maynard
Josh Schofield
Jamie Stott
Tom Walker

Whitfield certainly has the talent to succeed higher up I just question how much he wants to dedicate himself professionally to doing it especially in terms of his fitness. The lad was blowing out of his arse after about 30 minutes playing for us and in the end John Askey chose to bomb him out the squad.

dedwardp

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Fair enough. Just seems quite an expense to run two squads, is it worth it at this level?

It's definitely an expense - I think costs around £1m a year, but the Category Two status means that the Premier League cover half of that as a grant. As I mentioned, I think the idea is to bridge the gap between youth football and senior football so that there's a pool of capable youngsters who can step in where needed, particularly as they don't count to the wage cap limit. The theory is then that not only are they cheaper than bringing in senior pros from elsewhere, but they don't contribute to the wage cap limit either at their age so the allowable budget can be spread across fewer, better quality senior players rather than on bulking out a full squad.

You would hope that the academy should start to bear more fruit now that it has been established for a while - I think that the current crop of U18s are those who would have gone into the current setup as U8s, U9s etc so have benefitted from the setup from the beginning. They have had a good season to be fair, finishing second in a league with Charlton, Millwall, Ipswich, Watford, Swansea, Cardiff, QPR and Bristol City. Kaan Bennett and Brad Ihionvien finished in the top four goalscorers across both the north and south divisions and were rewarded with a sub appearance at Hartlepool on the final day and it seems to be the best crop since a few years back when Sam Szmodics, Frankie Kent, Macauley Bonne and Tom Lapslie were in the side that won the Youth Alliance Cup managed by John McGreal and Wayne Brown.

Of the contracted U23s at the moment, Jake Hutchinson has been really prolific on loan in non-league, so I'd hope he can make a push for some involvement this season. Gene Kennedy and Chay Cooper have looked promising when featuring in the first team this season, Harvey Sayer was called up for an England age group and Frankie Terry is the nephew of John Terry, so hopefully he'll have the same footballing genes.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Whitfield certainly has the talent to succeed higher up I just question how much he wants to dedicate himself professionally to doing it especially in terms of his fitness. The lad was blowing out of his arse after about 30 minutes playing for us and in the end John Askey chose to bomb him out the squad.
Whitfield just can't stay fit and with us playing with wing backs I don't see where he fits really. Whenever he's played, I've always come away thinking he's decent.

That's why I don't understand our links to Lemonheigh-Evans from Torquay either really despite him being a very good player and easily good enough for the FL from what I've watched of him.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Whitfield whilst it didn’t work out in the end will always go down in Vale folklore… if it wasn’t for him we’d be non league now!

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Whitfield just can't stay fit and with us playing with wing backs I don't see where he fits really. Whenever he's played, I've always come away thinking he's decent.

That's why I don't understand our links to Lemonheigh-Evans from Torquay either really despite him being a very good player and easily good enough for the FL from what I've watched of him.
Lemonheigh-Evans is a 10 not a winger. He’d be competition/rotation for Sarcevic who works his arse off but always looks absolutely knackered when he’s asked to play two games in a short space of time at the intensity DC demands from his midfielders.

Stocky

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County.
Lemonheigh-Evans is a 10 not a winger. He’d be competition/rotation for Sarcevic who works his arse off but always looks absolutely knackered when he’s asked to play two games in a short space of time at the intensity DC demands from his midfielders.
Whenever I've watched L-Evans he's all about dribbling, cutting inside. See no resemblence to Sarcevic at all who dictates games, picks up pockets, pass and move etc. Camps sounds like more like a competition/rotation for Sarcevic and Collar for that matter.

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Whenever I've watched L-Evans he's all about dribbling, cutting inside. See no resemblence to Sarcevic at all who dictates games, picks up pockets, pass and move etc. Camps sounds like more like a competition/rotation for Sarcevic and Collar for that matter.
Yeah that’s what I mean by a he’s a different option at 10. He’s more nimble and more of a dribbler, more likely to score goals than Sarcevic.

This was what a well informed Torquay fan said when I enquired about his best position on the forum that shall not be named:

Centrally without a doubt. He started off for us as a kind of wide midfielder and then moved inside. The last 18 months he's been playing either as a number 10 or an out and out striker. Everytime we've rejigged the formation and he's been asked to fill in out wide he's been fairly anonymous.

He also said he had ‘cracking workrate’ so will fit into our high press/intensity ethos.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Finally!

Currently under contract for the 2022/23 season

Tom Crawford
Reagan Ogle
Omar Bogle
Neill Byrne
Marcus Carver
Nicky Featherstone
David Ferguson
Jamie Sterry

Options taken up

Ben Killip
Joe Grey

New contract

David Ferguson

Offers of re-engagement

Timi Odusina
Jordan Cook
Gary Liddle
Luke Molyneux
Mark Shelton

Released

Zaine Francis-Angol
Josh MacDonald
Olufela Olomola
Martin Smith

Offering new deals to Cook, Liddle and Shelton, very surprising.

Casey

Reaction score
Supports
Creepy
Is it just us left who haven't announced a release list?

Casey

Optimistic Poolie

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Finally!

Tom Crawford
Reagan Ogle
Omar Bogle
Neill Byrne
Marcus Carver
Nicky Featherstone
David Ferguson
Jamie Sterry

Options taken up

Ben Killip
Joe Grey

New contract

David Ferguson

Offers of re-engagement

Timi Odusina
Jordan Cook
Gary Liddle
Luke Molyneux
Mark Shelton

Released

Zaine Francis-Angol
Josh MacDonald
Olufela Olomola
Martin Smith

No real shocks there for me apart from Cook being offered a new deal when he played about 5 minutes all season. Odd choice.

Hearing Molyneux off to Portsmouth as well.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
No real shocks there for me apart from Cook being offered a new deal when he played about 5 minutes all season. Odd choice.

Hearing Molyneux off to Portsmouth as well.

Cook is a really weird choice, forever injured, assuming Timi and Molyneux leave and the other three sign on that leaves us with 13 players going into the new season, plenty of scope for Simon Grayson, sorry the new manager to bring players in.

LordJord

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Twitter
@lordjordII
Is it just us left who haven't announced a release list?

Casey

Still have ours also. Would imagine will be announced in the coming days now we know what league we are in.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green

Ben Barclay
Will Collar
Oliver Crankshaw
Ryan Croasdale
Connor Jennings
Cody Johnson
Ryan Johnson
Jordan Keane
Mark Kitching
Paddy Madden
Sam Minihan
Elliot Newby
Ethan Pye
Scott Quigley
Alex Reid
Ethan Ross
Ryan Rydel
Antoni Sarcevic
Macauley Southam-Hales
Ben Whitfield

Luca Ashby-Hammond
Andy Cannon
Courtney Duffus
Zaine Francis-Angol

Ben Hinchliffe
Myles Hippolyte
Ash Palmer

Millenic Alli
Liam Hogan
Lois Maynard
Josh Schofield
Jamie Stott
Tom Walker

That’s a huge squad!

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Finally!

Tom Crawford
Reagan Ogle
Omar Bogle
Neill Byrne
Marcus Carver
Nicky Featherstone
David Ferguson
Jamie Sterry

Options taken up

Ben Killip
Joe Grey

New contract

David Ferguson

Offers of re-engagement

Timi Odusina
Jordan Cook
Gary Liddle
Luke Molyneux
Mark Shelton

Released

Zaine Francis-Angol
Josh MacDonald
Olufela Olomola
Martin Smith

Is there anybody there that DC would be interested in?

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
That’s a huge squad!
We had Ross, Stott, Schofield, Alli, Pye, Barclay and Walker all out on loan and Johnson is 16-year-old who just a pro contract a couple of weeks ago.

All the players we had in on loan were only with us for the final six weeks or so of the season to cover in case of injuries.

We generally offer at least two year deals to all the players we bring in, which has meant all our best players are under contract but also means we’ve got 5 or 6 we want to let go who are still under contract.

ForzaCounty

Massive Member
Reaction score
Supports
Stockport Culture Club
Squad size is a relic of Steve Rusk giving anybody who walked past him a three-year deal. 23 now (if those three accept offered deals) two of whom are kids, 4-5 others won't be in the plans and will get moved on, it's a more manageable bunch than it appears

Who Needs Mourinho

Reaction score
Supports
Stockport County
Nah, Molyneux and Odusina will be heading upwards, the four released will be Conference bound.
Odusina is a CB right?

We’re desperate for at least a couple.

Wonder if we might chuck a wedge his way and see what happens.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Odusina is a CB right?

We’re desperate for at least a couple.

Wonder if we might chuck a wedge his way and see what happens.

Yeah, DC criminally underused Timi when he was here, this season especially and he came on leaps and bounds under Lee who played him every week, can't see him going to Stockport, not ITK or anything but I can see him heading back down South.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192
Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!