Players Out of Contract (2016)

F!RTHY

Reaction score
Supports
The Bantams
that time of year when the season is quickly drawing to a close for most clubs - and with it, attention turns to contract and transfer speculation.

Simple question; who's out of contract at your club in the summer. New deal or release?

Loan players returning to parent clubs:

Reece Burke -
Well, he's just claimed almost every prize going at our Player of The Year Awards this evening. West Ham have got one hell of a player on their hands. Hammers have all but confirmed that he will return to City next season should we find ourselves in the Championship.

Josh Cullen -
Another starlet from West Ham; this time a midfielder. Turned our season around since his arrival in Feb. Another player West Ham have all but confirmed will be with us if we're promoted this season.

Kyel Reid -
He's claret and amber anyway, but PNE pay the majority of his wages. He will be here next season, but I don't think he can make the step up - as we've seen during his time at PNE; but we'd be doing him a massive disservice if we didn't even attempt to strike a deal.

Wes Thomas -
I like him, I'm not gonna lie. He offers you pace, and clearly has an eye for goal - however, he isn't a Parkinson player. 50:50.

Tom Thorpe -
Signed from Rotherham last month to cover for the injured McArdle. He's played once and didn't impress. No thanks.

Lee Evans -
The Wolves sensation. Brilliant, simply brilliant. He's everything you want from a League One defensive midfielder. I can see us signing him permanently next season, but he would demand a fee. I think Wolves paid £300k for him.

Our Players:

Steve Davies -
Scored some very important goals, and has been a bit of an impact sub - the first we've had since Alan Connell IMO. You can certainly see that he has played most of his career at a higher level, and I feel that experience is invaluable whichever league we find ourselves in next season. He foolishly got sent of against Cov last Tues, which could have decided his own fate, stupidly.

Christophe Routis -
He has decent technical ability, but he is a liability sometimes wherever you play him. We've played him at the back, RM and central midfield, and he hasn't knuckled down a place for long enough to suggest he's worthwhile keeping. He'd be better seeking a modelling career in all honesty.

Nathan Clarke -
Very iffy start - hence the introduction of Reece Burke, but when McArdle fell injured, he came in a did a job. Thing is, he's now approaching the end of his career, and surely he could salvage a 2 year deal with either a L1 or L2 club who could offer him a starting place week in, week out. Not for me, but cheers clarkey.

Jamie Proctor -
When we flogged Davante Cole for £75k, and with Proctor arriving as part of the deal, Parkinson wasn't my flavour of the month. However, looking back, it's turned out to be a snazzy bit of business (although I do think D Cole will have the last laugh - he clearly has great potential). 5 goals in 16 app isn't fantastic, but he's one hell of a battler. Something we don't have in our other strikers. I'd have him for another year, definitely.

Billy Knott -
Where to start with Billy. He was absolutely fantastic last season. 7/8 goals from midfield, creating endless chances. However, this season he has been the complete opposite. He tries too hard sometimes, and not everything he tries to do comes off. There's clearly a lot of potential there, and he is still young. I believe we have the option for an additional year - and I think we'll take it purely based on which league we're in next season.

Greg Leigh -
Man City academy player last year. He went on a season long loan at Crewe last season, and impressed in a very poor Alex side. We signed him following a trial, and when he's been asked to step in (usually when Meredith is away with Austrailia), he's done magnificently. 4 app and 2 goals, not a bad ratio for a LB. unfortunately for Leigh, he has one of L1 best LB's infront of him in James Meredith. Leigh deserves another deal based purely on his potential, but whether he wants to continue playing second fiddle to Meredith could be the defining issue.

Joe Cracknell -
GK who hasn't made an app. Not fussed either way.

Over to yous........

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
We have had a shite season that's got better from January. As bad as we were early doors I don't think we will see much upheaval. It'll be mainly fringe players who go. Rys Murphy will probably go as his face doesn't really fit. As will Connor brown and Rys Turner. Couple of the kids in thohy and possibly trulove. Joke cassidy I think has another year but will prob go.

The big decision stands with Jonathan Forte. On his day one of the best in the division yet his fitness and injuries greatly hamper him. We certainly wouldnt have him if they didn't. Do we take the risk on one of our biggest earners being injury prone?

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Chris Neal - Great keeper but cant accommodate him and Alnwick as he deserves to be number 1 - will leave

Adam Yates - Release, great few years but Purkiss holds the RB place and when Yates did come in he got ravaged by Wildschutt

Carl Dickinson - Keep , Captain and after a dire season last year has come good again

Ryan McGivern - Keep as back up

Richard Duffy - I'd keep him had a great start to the season but dropped off lately though.

Enoch Andoh - Keep at all costs, best winger in the league arguably and was being watched by Prem clubs before his cruciate injury in October

Byron Moore - 50/50 - Needs consistency, would offer a lower wage to stay

Michael O'Connor - Keep - Quality player and must be kept if possible

Chris Birchall - Release - Dropped away from the 1st team picture

Louis Dodds - Keep - Been his best season for us and found a niche position under Page.

AJ Leitch Smith - Keep - Top scorer and despite reservations when he signed and Crewe fans laughing at us has proved to be a very good player for us.

Colin Daniel - Release - Dead Wood

Ryan Lloyd - Release, been a few seasons with us now and not cracked the squad.

Theo Robinson - Been awful in the main - then was quality on Saturday, give him two games and see but id release at the moment.

Sam Johnson - Release

Ryan Boot - Keep - promising young keeper

Michael Brown - Keep - been a reliable deputy and keep as a player/coach as per this season, 1 more playing year surely to cover Granty

Achille Campion - Release - Not progressed how we'd hope.

Overall I'd keep the core of the squad as we aren't far off challenging for promotion but release the dead wood and squad players in the main as we expect a reduced budget, add a decent striker and couple of decent loanees and we could do very well.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Can you hope to achieve half of that given the supposed budget cuts Smurf was talking about earlier in the year?

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
I'd agree with most of the above but in light of expected cuts to the budget there is no way we will be able to keep O'Connor and probably Moore as well given they are reported to be on very good contracts.

Andoh coming off a serious injury like the one he had may be more possible than it was before but equally I wouldn't be surprised if some team from the Championship or say one of the teams coming down to our league signed him instead. At least we'd stand to get some compensation for him if he did.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Pretty much our entire squad. I will judge as if we are staying in league 1, if we go up I imagine some players will stay and a maybe some that I would of kept to go.

Jason Demetriou - Keep, best right back I have seen down Walsall. Absolutely fantastic, possibly the best in the league, at least to me anyway. However I think he will go as he took a pay cut to come and play for us, I imagine he will go to a London club in the championship (Brentford?).

Andy Taylor - Keep, solid left back. Not spectacular but solid.

Paul Downing - sigh, keep, solid most of the time but has horror shows in him. He NEEDS an experienced head next to him to guide him through games.

Adam Chambers - Keep, captain fantastic and is still sprinting around the pitch like he is 18 at the ripe old age of 35, unbelievable professional.

Sam Mantom - Hasn't been the same since his knee injury, very inconsistent and goes missing often. Silly young enough to get better and improve though, worth another year.

Romaine Sawyers - Keep of course but he will be off to the Championship.

Anthony Forde - Keep, still young and is getting better and better. Needs to add goals and an end product but he is quality at everything else.

Craig MacGillivray - Solid young backup, keep.

Milan Lalkovic - I'd like to keep him but I think he will go for a pay rise elsewhere. I believe he took a pay cut to come back and will want to leave to earn what he used to. But I can always hope. Will go to a league one club though if he does go, far to inconsistent for higher.

Reece Flanagan - 50/50, would of released a week ago but he picked up a long term injury to Christmas which will mean that we will probably give him a chance for another year.

Jordan Murphy - Young striker, not sure.

Amadou Bakayoko - Young striker, not sure.

Jordan Cook - Release, he is a trier and a likeable bloke but just hasn't got the quality needed.

Liam Roberts - Young keeper, not sure.

Levi Rowley - First year pro, not sure.

Isaiah Osbourne - Who? Release, been injured since we signed him. Genuinely don't know if he exists.

SF_

Reaction score
Supports
Preston North End
Neil Kilkenny will almost certainly be released from North End, would be a solid addition to anyone at this level.

Bradford were supposedly interested in January but he opted to stat at Deepdale, probably thinking he could force his way into the team before we signed Pearson.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Can you hope to achieve half of that given the supposed budget cuts Smurf was talking about earlier in the year?

We have a 30 odd man squad so trim it down to 20 and you save money. Not that I expect he will cut the budget as much as he says.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Contract info taken from our message board, so may not be 100%.

Of Dale's out of contract players, the club have one year extension options on Jamie Allen and Donal McDermott, which will 99% certainly be taken up.

The others are and what I would offer.
Josh Lillis (G). Had an excellent season. Offer 2 yr contract.
Joe Rafferty (RB/CB/DM). First choice RB in the latter half of season. Reliable, and not bad going forward. 2 yrs.
Rhys Bennett (DM/RB/CB). Talented, but injury hit last season and we have cover in his positions. 6 month deal to prove fitness.
Ashley Eastham (CB). Generally solid, with the occasional cockup. Worth another year.
Ollie Lancashire (CB). Good in L2, a bit lacking at L1. Eastham is better. Release.
Michael Rose (LB/M). Not fast enough for LB any more, but has been useful as the old head in a young midfield. Worth another year.
Reuben Noble-Lazarus (M). Has shown good form in flashes, but too infrequently. Release.
Joel Logan (RW/F). Out on loan for first half of season, nowhere near team on return. Release.
Dave Syers (AM). Injury hit since joining in Jan. Excellent for Scunny a couple of years ago. 6 months to prove fitness.
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (AM/F). Done pretty well, knows where the net is. 2 yrs
Joe Bunney (F). Blossomed in second half of season, good prospect. 2 yrs
Calvin Andrew (F). Good egg, who always puts shift in. Worth another year, maybe try him at CB pre-season as well.
Grant Holt (F). Now 35, and doing coaching badges. Depends what he wants to do, would like to keep, but not by breaking the bank!
James Hooper (M - 1st yr pro). Had a couple of games, looked more than useful. Worth another year.
Nyal Bell (F - 1st year pro). Not really developed this season, but has physical attributes of size & pace. Unsure - 6 months/year to prove himself.
Billy Hasler-Cregg (F - 1st yr pro). Spent all season on loan at Droylsden, and did pretty well for them. Worth another year.

joethegill

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
What I can remember:

Josh Wright - New deal please. Has tired in the last few weeks but he's been pretty much ever-present when he's been available. Has been captain on occasion.
Aaron Morris - Love this bloke. Will play pretty much anywhere you want him to, and with quality. Got to be offered a new deal.
Brennan Dickenson - Really like him, most improved player this year - I'd offer him a new deal.
Luke Norris - Splits opinion like no other. I'm in the 'pro' Norris camp, but I can't see him wanting to sign a new deal here due to some of the abuse he's received.
John Egan - Offer a new deal so we get the tribunal money, but there's no chance he'll stay
Jermaine McGlashan - Hardly used this season, will go.

Andrewboom

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
Loans going back

Samuels Reading FWD

Very talented, still got to learn the dark arts of playing upfront. We have no chance of signing him, and I think he will be in the Reading squad next season.

Crofts Brighton CM

Returning from a long term injury and it showed. So much if his game is about getting about the pitch and his spring but he looked a shadow of his former self. Probably just needs a full preseason, but I doubt we could risk the high wages he would require

El-Abd Bristol City CH

Played very well for us. We have a young team and not many talkers. His leadership alone made a difference for us. I understand he is under contract at City, but I suspect we could have him for free if we want.

Oshilaja Cardiff CH

I think he is a very good player. Under 6 foot but with a fantastic spring. Ultra-physical central defender and not bad on the ball. Not sure of his contract situation but we should be chucking a 3 year deal his way if available.

Out of contract

Nelson GK Release

Decent Lg1 keeper overall but If we want to go higher we need to get a better keeper. I would release him, but only if we are 100% sure we have a replacement senior keeper rubber stamped.

G Morris GK Release

Not used this season. Showed he is a good backup when called upon the year before. We have 2 highly rated young keepers pushing him for his place.

Egan CH Will sign for championship club for a tribunal fee as under 24

Voted in the league one team of the year by the other players. Class act. Will go to a championship club (Prob Brentford). Lucky to have had him for 2 seasons, was only at league 1 level because of a bad injury in his last year at Sunderland.

Dickenson LWB Keep 2 year deal

I really rate Brennan. Still has a lot to learn in his new defensive role (having moved back from forward\winger). Athletic, tall, very fast and a rocket of a left foot. Has had some very good and very bad moments but left footed player always hard to find and he can still get a lot better.

Loft CM Release

Not really worked out for him. I like him more than most. He can score a few goals and is good at upping the passing tempo when a sub. Not performed well enough when starting to justify his senior player status. 3rd ankle injury in as many years a real worry. Release.

Wright CM Keep 1 year deal

Has played very well for us this season. Really good passer long and short range. Would keep him on a short deal to keep him focussed.

A Morris CH/RB/CM Keep 2 year deal.

Real class act. Can play in central defence right back and midfield. That makes him worth a deal all by itself, with no emergency loan deals next season. He has been one of our better player this season. Reads the game very well, and has stayed fit all year, hopefully showing he is fully over his bad knee injury.

McGlashan RW Release

Is a decent if frustrating player. Will be a very very good signing for someone in lg2. Very fast but lacks end product at times. Always tries hard and plays with a smile. JED has really not used him much at all, so I think even if we did make him an offer he would move on for game time.

Norris FWD. Keep 2 year deal.

I would keep Norris, but he needs much better competition next season. Boo boy target for the idiots in our ‘support’. Had to lead the line most of the year with senior forwards Williamson not working out and McDonald not staying fit. Main thing he needs to work on is his holdup play. He needs to make himself much harder to play against. Is a decent 3rd choice in lg1 but we need a netter starter if we want to do better next season.

Osadebe CM Keep 3 year deal.

Only just turned 19. Very exciting signing from a Spurs college course. Tall, amazing engine and some decent tricks. I think he could turn into a real player.

We have various other dev squad players. Out of contract which I won’t bother listing as they have not made the first team yet.

Under contact already for next season:

Dack AM Let the auction begin

Hessenthaler CM

Garmston LWB

Ehmer CH

Donnelly FWD

Mcdonald FWD

Jackson RB

hold'um Oldham

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
Neil Kilkenny will almost certainly be released from North End, would be a solid addition to anyone at this level.

Bradford were supposedly interested in January but he opted to stat at Deepdale, probably thinking he could force his way into the team before we signed Pearson.

If that's true expect him at boundary Park. History with the club and shez

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
Pretty much our entire squad. I will judge as if we are staying in league 1, if we go up I imagine some players will stay and a maybe some that I would of kept to go.

Jason Demetriou - Keep, best right back I have seen down Walsall. Absolutely fantastic, possibly the best in the league, at least to me anyway. However I think he will go as he took a pay cut to come and play for us, I imagine he will go to a London club in the championship (Brentford?).

Andy Taylor - Keep, solid left back. Not spectacular but solid.

Paul Downing - sigh, keep, solid most of the time but has horror shows in him. He NEEDS an experienced head next to him to guide him through games.

Adam Chambers - Keep, captain fantastic and is still sprinting around the pitch like he is 18 at the ripe old age of 35, unbelievable professional.

Sam Mantom - Hasn't been the same since his knee injury, very inconsistent and goes missing often. Silly young enough to get better and improve though, worth another year.

Romaine Sawyers - Keep of course but he will be off to the Championship.

Anthony Forde - Keep, still young and is getting better and better. Needs to add goals and an end product but he is quality at everything else.

Craig MacGillivray - Solid young backup, keep.

Milan Lalkovic - I'd like to keep him but I think he will go for a pay rise elsewhere. I believe he took a pay cut to come back and will want to leave to earn what he used to. But I can always hope. Will go to a league one club though if he does go, far to inconsistent for higher.

Reece Flanagan - 50/50, would of released a week ago but he picked up a long term injury to Christmas which will mean that we will probably give him a chance for another year.

Jordan Murphy - Young striker, not sure.

Amadou Bakayoko - Young striker, not sure.

Jordan Cook - Release, he is a trier and a likeable bloke but just hasn't got the quality needed.

Liam Roberts - Young keeper, not sure.

Levi Rowley - First year pro, not sure.

Isaiah Osbourne - Who? Release, been injured since we signed him. Genuinely don't know if he exists.
Don't think we'd take Demetriou. Colin is one of the better right backs in this league and we have plenty of capable back ups (McCormack, Yennaris, Clarke) so that would be a complete non-starter.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we got Sawyers, would be a decent replacement for Judge.

Also wouldn't surprise me if we picked up Egan from Gills. We were linked with both very heavily in January.

Andrewboom

Reaction score
Supports
Gillingham
MagpieBee our chairman confirmed you bid for Egan, but it sounds like it was not much more that we would expect to get in development compo, so we turned it down. We have not even mentioned contract talks since Christmas, so I think he has already signed for a championship club.

Jonny12

Andy Butler is a god
Reaction score
Supports
Walsall FC
Twitter
@JonnyOwen12
Don't think we'd take Demetriou. Colin is one of the better right backs in this league and we have plenty of capable back ups (McCormack, Yennaris, Clarke) so that would be a complete non-starter.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we got Sawyers, would be a decent replacement for Judge.
I'd be more than pleased to keep Demetriou then!

Sawyers is not the same kind of player Judge is though. Sawyers doesn't score many at all and doesn't really have any pace either. Sawyers would be a big change to Judge's style.

JoeJoeJoeJoe

Reaction score
Supports
Coventry
Aaron Martin - Re-sign pls.
Conor Thomas - One of our highest earners apparently. AHAHAHAHHA
Chris Stokes - Re-sign pls.
MAF - Kill it with fire.
JOB - Going Scunthorpe.
Ivor Lawton - Not good enough. Get rid.
Sam Ricketts - TOO OLD.
Reda Johnson - Too injured.
John Fleck - Probably leaving. Won't cut it in the championship.
Marcus Tudgay - Time for him to go probably.
Aaron Phillips - May as well keep. Seems to have done ok recently.
Darius Henderson - Shite
Stephen Hunt - Shite
Joe Cole - Shite
Peter Ramage - Shite
Martin Lorentszon - Looked ok, could likely get a better player.
Bassala Sambou - Turned us down to go to a prem side supposedly
Lee Burge - Shite

Loan Players

James Maddison - Don't care
Adam Armstrong - Will cut it at a higher level
Jack Stephens - Wouldn't mind permanently.
Gael Bigirimana - What did Pardew do to him.
Jacob Murphy - Was decent but gone off the rails recently.

MagpieBee

Reaction score
Supports
Brentford, Newcastle, Chicago Bears
I'd be more than pleased to keep Demetriou then!

Sawyers is not the same kind of player Judge is though. Sawyers doesn't score many at all and doesn't really have any pace either. Sawyers would be a big change to Judge's style.
Judge replaced Pritchard in some ways, and they were very different players.

Pretty sure Sawyers will be with us next year.

SMH

Reaction score
Supports
Wigan
I'm not happy here at Dean Smith walking in and picking off all the best L1 players out of contract. In all seriousness I said in a Championship thread that we apparently had a bid for Sawyers rejected in January and if that's true then we may well come back in for him. Considering we also need a centre back, I wouldn't mind if he had a chat with Mr Egan as well. As you can tell I'm not greedy at all. ;)

Anyway our players: firstly the loanees:

Stephen Warnock - His experience will be important in the Championship, he's a cut above this level and was the signing that really gave us the final push onto the home straight. Cheap and out of contract at Derby - Sign

Conor McAleny - A good player at this level but I'm not convinced he'll cut it in the Championship. He's not done well at previous Championship clubs on loan and I can see why it's probably a step to far for him. He'll be a good signing for a club chasing promotion from L1 but for a team looking to push on towards the top half or even playoffs in the Championship, I think it's a step to far for him. - Don't Sign

Haris Vuckic - I'm torn on him. He's a very good player technically who can hold the ball up and has done well for us. However he hasn't got the game time he perhaps deserves. I think Caldwell for some reason isn't keen on him. I'm on the fence with him, however I have a feeling he may go back to Rangers anyway - 50-50

Players out of contract:

Leon Barnett - Bad player, can't pass a ball for toffee, as dodgy a centre back as they come and I can't believe he's played in the Premier League. He lives in Milton Keynes I think and it wouldn't surprise me if that's his destination in the summer - Release

Chris McCann - A changed man this season after having a shocking season last year. He proved in his first year that in the right mood he can cut it in the Championship and he's also versatile which is important, as long as his wages are not high - Keep

Kevin McNaughton - Played about two games at the start of the season then got a long term injury. Sounds like he's been a popular figure in the dressing room but he's getting on in age and his best days are behind him. To be honest we should have just kept Emmerson Boyce if we were only going to sign McNaughton as a replacement - Release

Burberry

Reaction score
Supports
Bury and Man City
Bury FC, Craig Jones, Reece Browne, Ryan Lowe, Rob Lainton, Danny Pugh, plus a few youngsters, out of these would only keep Craig Jones. We got quite a few others that will be made available to go probably small fee or free. Chris Hussey, Tom Soares, Tom Pope, Danny Rose, Halam Hope, Joe Riley, Andrew Tutte. A decent fee would also see Leon Clake, Danny Mayor and Nathan Cameron all moved on.

NightHiker

Reaction score
Supports
Colchester United
Main ones are
Ambrose - good player on his day but seems to have been phased out of the squad recently, probably on big wages - Release
Eastman - hard one, very reliant in past seasons but this one will have shattered his confidence so I feel a new start is needed - Release
Edwards - one of our better performers this year - Keep
Olufemi - not sure on his best position but really seemed to struggle at full back - Release
Parish - has played well of late but not sure we can justify having him as second choice to Walker when we have Bransgrove and Barnes - Release
Shorey - depends on Briggs' situation really, who is under contract for now but will surely leave after having not played for so long? Keep
Drey Wright - unlucky with injuries, deserves a chance to stay - Keep

Obviously there are few other young players, but I'm assuming all of these will be kept as squad players

Matt_

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury Town
These are the out of contract Town players that I can think of, I may have missed one or two though.

Jayson Leutwiler, goalkeeper

A very good goalkeeper, offer a new deal, but he will probably not be short of offers elsewhere.

Mark Halstead, goalkeeper

Steady enough, but we should be looking to develop a couple of the very promising young goalkeepers at the club as the backup goalkeeper next season, release.

Callum Burton, goalkeeper

Very promising young goalkeeper who has already represented England at many levels. Rumoured to be the latest off the Town production line of goalkeepers to be interesting the big clubs, offer a new deal.

Shaun Rowley, goalkeeper

Another promising young goalkeeper coming to the end of his first season as a professional, offer a new deal.

Nathaniel Knight-Percival, centre back

Influential player with lots of experience and ability at this level, offer a new deal.

Mickey Demetriou, left back

A key man in our League 2 promotion team but clearly no longer in Mellon's plans after being transfer listed earlier in the season, release.

Jermaine Grandison, centre back

A talented player but too injury prone over the last couple of seasons making the offer of a new contract a big risk, release.

Zak Whitbread, centre back

Experienced defender who is an asset when fully fit, offer a new deal.

James Caton, midfield

Young winger clearly not in Mellon's plans, release

Jordan Clark, midfield

Talented young player who often influences games when selected, but only sporadically used by Mellon, borderline but probably release.

Junior Brown, left back or left midfield

A consistent performer this season who should have earned another chance, offer a new deal.

James Wesolowski, midfield

An experienced and influential player with lots of ability at this level, but dogged by injury over the last two seasons, maybe risky but offer a new deal.

Elliot Grandin, forward

Signed in January and hugely bigged up by Mellon, but strangely yet to play a single minute, release.

Scott Vernon, forward

Experienced striker, firstly frozen out and transfer listed by Mellon this season, then picked for a short period, then frozen out again, release.

Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro, forward

Hard working striker but largely very ineffective in League 1, release.

Loan players

Larnell Cole, Fulham, midfield
Jack Grimmer, Fulham, right back
Jack Hendry, Wigan, centre back
Sullay Kaikai, Crystal Palace, forward
Kyle Vassell, Peterborough, forward (allegedly!)
James Wallace, Sheffield United, midfield

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Jack Payne and Dan Bentley lol

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Jason Demetriou - Keep. Quality attacking right back, goes under the radar as virtually our best player each week. Wont stick around I don't think. Strikes me as a London boy who will want more wages than we can offer.

Andy Taylor - Keep. Only as a squad member though. Always lacked pace but has looked more and more leggy the less he has played in recent months. Can be a very good left back but has a mare in him too.

Paul Downing - Bin. Decent player in there somewhere. Can't play football, gets bullied and is very fragile. Shame as there's a player in him if he plays next to a leader.

Sam Mantom - Keep. Providing we don't break the bank on him anyway. Decent player who can be a world beater on his day. Been absolutely atrocious for a couple of months now though unfortunately.

Adam Chambers - Keep. Won me round this season. He didn't do his job as advertised properly in the last few years. However, he has been exceptional this season, definetely worth another year. Captain fantastic.

Romaine Sawyers - Keep. At all costs. No chance unfortuantely. The best player I've ever seen play for Walsall. Languid at times which gets on sections of our fanbases nerves, but generally a brillant playmaker.

Craig MacGillivray - Keep. Like the little I've seen of him. Cheap cover for Etheridge.

Milan Lalkovic - Not bothered. Scores some good goals and looks a world beater, but I still think he thinks he's at a high level than he actually is. he's not a youth player anymore and he's far too inconsistent to get in a play-off chasing side as a regular starter each week. Unless he's cheap and wanting to stay, he can leave.

Cook, Roberts, Bakayoko, Murphy, Flanagan, Osbourne, Rowley can all leave.

Flanagan - Because he's abysmal and can't translate his reserves form to the first team.
Cook - Hard worker but not consistent enough to make it as a league one striker and isn't a winger despite looking a reasonable makeshift at times under Smith.
Osbourne - Because, I'm pretty sure he's just a name and he doesn't actually exist.

vale4ever

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Out of contract:-

Chris Neal (GK)
Currently on loan at Bury as he wants first team Football, great keeper for us untill his injury pre season meant we signed another first team keeper and Neal is too good to be 2nd choice so expect he will be released to save money. RELEASE(RELUCTANTLY)

Adam Yates (Rb)
Been a good servant but for me is not good enough at this level and Purkiss is much better. RELEASE

Carl Dickinson (Lb)
Good 1st season, Poor 2nd season, Decent this season so I'd keep providing his wages are not too expensive. KEEP

Richard Duffy (Cb)
Done fairly well but is still prone to the odd error, if we could sign a Huth type centre back to partner him I'd offer him 1 year. KEEP

Ryan Mcgivern (CB/Lb)
Much improved from last season when he was poor, but personally feel we need a commanding tall leader at centre half. RELEASE

Byron Moore (Rw)
Really frustrating player on his day can be a real handful only problem is he has 4 bad games for every good game. RELEASE/OFFER REDUCED TERMS

Chris Birchall (Rw)
Long serving but is only really a bench filler at best. RELEASE

Michaell Brown (CM)
Excellent pro and still does a job at 39, I'm sure he could manage another year. KEEP

Michael O'connor (CM)
Don't think he has reached last season's form and whilst he is a decent player I think we would cope without him and I expect he will leave to a club nearer his Lincoln home. WILL LEAVE

Louis Dodds (UTILITY)
I have always been a fan of Dodds and have always been frustrated when he got played out wide as he is much better central as he has shown this season. KEEP

Aj Leitch Smith (Cf)
Still not convinced he is the answer upfront, but would be okay with him staying providing we sign a new striker with some kind of scoring pedigree. KEEP

Theo Robinson (Cf)
Before last week he was a definite release but he looked a different player against Rochdale but I suspect that may have been a one off. RELEASE

Colin Daniel (Cf/Lw)
On loan at Mansfield not good enough for lg1. RELEASE

Sam Johnson (GK)
On loan at Halifax and suspect he will be allowed to leave. RELEASE

Ryan Lloyd (CM/Lw)
Been here too long and never had a run of games, will do him better to leave and go and play lower down. RELEASE

Achille Campion (Cf)
Not played all season and Page doesn't appear to be a fan. RELEASE

Enoch Andoh (Lw)
Was superb untill injury ended his season in October, KEEP

Lewis Bergin, Billy Reeves, Omar Haughton, Chekaine Steele, Jonathan Kapend
All 1st year pros who have not figured but most have been loaned out to non league

Our priorities for the summer need to be a tall commanding centre back, goalscorer striker and a winger.

Jockney

Reaction score
Supports
Fred Onyedinma
Mark Beevers (CB) Have never been a big fan, but has clear quality at this level. Don't think we could do much better. KEEP.

Byron Webster (CB) Terrible last season but he's got his confidence back and has been excellent this year. Looks like the player Yeovil fans were raving about when we signed him. KEEP.

Ed Upson (MF) I had high hopes for him this season but he's been a big disappointment -- probably our worst performer. Doesn't bring anything to the table and Harris clearly doesn't rate him. RELEASE.

Carlos Edwards (RB) An outstanding professional and by all accounts a very popular dressing room figure, but he is 38 this year and he can't seem to shake off the injuries.... so, with a heavy heart... RELEASE

Joe Martin (LB) The inferior Gillingham reject fullback. He is OK. A Steady Eddy. Any winger with a bit of a pace will ruin him, though. If we're in this division next year KEEP, if not RELEASE.

Jack Powell (CM) Lots of ability but lacks pace and apparently has a poor attitude. Him and Thompson were the main candidates to assume that 2nd central midfield position but Ben has blown him out of the water. RELEASE.

John Marquis (FW) As I said last Summer, he should have taken the deal at Gillingham. Another waste of his time and our money. He will probably join Northampton in the off-season and good luck to the fella: he deserves to play more regularly at a club that can accommodate him. RELEASE

Lee Martin (RM) Waste of space. Will be lucky to get a L2 club. RELEASE.

Shrimpurh

Reaction score
Supports
Southend
Phil Brown has confirmed he is staying and Payne and Bentley are definitely leaving. Hello Relegation 16/17 thread.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Mark Beevers (CB) Have never been a big fan, but has clear quality at this level. Don't think we could do much better. KEEP.

Byron Webster (CB) Terrible last season but he's got his confidence back and has been excellent this year. Looks like the player Yeovil fans were raving about when we signed him. KEEP.

Ed Upson (MF) I had high hopes for him this season but he's been a big disappointment -- probably our worst performer. Doesn't bring anything to the table and Harris clearly doesn't rate him. RELEASE.

Carlos Edwards (RB) An outstanding professional and by all accounts a very popular dressing room figure, but he is 38 this year and he can't seem to shake off the injuries.... so, with a heavy heart... RELEASE

Joe Martin (LB) The inferior Gillingham reject fullback. He is OK. A Steady Eddy. Any winger with a bit of a pace will ruin him, though. If we're in this division next year KEEP, if not RELEASE.

Jack Powell (CM) Lots of ability but lacks pace and apparently has a poor attitude. Him and Thompson were the main candidates to assume that 2nd central midfield position but Ben has blown him out of the water. RELEASE.

John Marquis (FW) As I said last Summer, he should have taken the deal at Gillingham. Another waste of his time and our money. He will probably join Northampton in the off-season and good luck to the fella: he deserves to play more regularly at a club that can accommodate him. RELEASE

Lee Martin (RM) Waste of space. Will be lucky to get a L2 club. RELEASE.

Yep everything points to Marquis signing for us, he's keen to stay as well. Martin started well then was just too inconsistent.

EricSabin

Reaction score
Supports
Northampton Town
Loanees:

Luke Prosser (CB): Wouldn't try to sign permanently, too similar to our other centre halves and not as good.

Lee Martin (Wing): Doesn't even train with us anymore, not shown enough to warrant another chance.

James Collins (ST): Still got a year at Shrewsbury, not sure I'd want him permanently.

John Marquis (ST): Out of contract at Millwall and will probably sign here, would be happy to have him as he's young and will improve. Very similar to Collins so I'd imagine only one will sign, hope it's John. Fans and player very keen for him to stay, imagine Wilder will be too.

Out of Contract:

Evan Horwood (LB): Release, will never get past super Dave Buchanan

Josh Lelan (RB): Has shown enough recently to get another deal, young and will improve.

Danny Rose (CM): Keep. Really good on the ball, a very busy player with a tremendous work rate. Left Oxford at the right time!

Chris Hackett (RM): Release. Past it I'm afraid.

Paul Corry (CM): Invite for pre-season. Suffered a horrible knee injury and hasn't had much of a chance.

Players I'd want signing to a longer deal anyway:

Ricky Holmes (AM): Unreal player. League 2 TOTS.
Adam Smith (GK): Best goalkeeper outside the Prem according to the FL team of the year. Will definitely be batting off some interest in him. FL TOTS.
John-Joe O'Toole (CM): Rules the midfield. League 2 TOTS.
Dave Buchanan (LB): Really good pro, and a bloody good left back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!