Port Vale Vs Crewe Alexandra D road derby

Buxton Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@Buxtonvale1
Todays win gives us a strange stat. We have got just over half our current points off just 4 teams, Yeovil, Crawley, Northampton and Crewe, having beaten them all twice.

I thought we started slowly today, but created chances which we managed to miss. Crewe's keeper played well especially with the stop on 54 from Montano I think. A deserved win which should have been more emphatic. Decent following from Crewe, but did they have to act like idiots?

Anyway, thats us safe I think.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Imagine going to relegation battlers with a big fuck off pitch and removing all pace and width from your side. Well done Artell. :2thumb:

Crewelad87

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Glad I didn't bother. Artell got the tactics all wrong and sounds like if it wasn't for Garratt we would have got hammered.

I'd drop anyone be who hadn't signed a new deal or is likely off in the summer and concentrate on the likes of Dale and give bing them game time.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Thought first half we were a bit sloppy but should of led with Conlon before Smith cleared one off the line and Garrett made a couple of decent stops from corners.

Second half was typical Vale of late, moved it quicker and created more, despite some attempts by Crewe to boot Hannant off the park! Used to moan about Griff!

Great finish from the Pontiff, then had chances either side of that, Worrall messed up and 1 on 1 and how Pope managed to fire at the guy on the line with Garrett stranded I will never know.

Seemed fairly low trouble bar some flares in the away end.. both sides after improvements recently will hope to challenge the top end next season, for us we need to get Askey tied down and get the take over complete. We’ve been in promotion form over the last seven games and it’s given us some positive hope when all looked dead and buried. If only we had got Askey in sooner! Felt Aspin should of gone after the 6-2 in October against Lincoln personally.

Pleased with our back four again too, average age of 21 I believe!

Worrall is on fire and Monty had one of those games where he could be arsed.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Whoever number 7 was for Vale, and the lad who had his head bandaged up, they were very good.

You’ll push on next season, just goes to show the hysteria from your lot a few weeks ago was exaggerated like I said. You’re not in a bad position to push on.

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I think both teams should be bothering the top end next season, which would make a nice change. Crewe looked like the season was over for them already, but having said that it could have been 3 or 4 today.

Finally safe I think now, so a good time for askey to start looking at his squad and planning for next season.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Whoever number 7 was for Vale, and the lad who had his head bandaged up, they were very good.

You’ll push on next season, just goes to show the hysteria from your lot a few weeks ago was exaggerated like I said. You’re not in a bad position to push on.

7 is David Worrall and you’re right. He is like a new signing almost since Askey has come in. Especially as I suspect Aspin wouldn’t have needed much persuading to move him on if he’d stayed.

Just hope the off field stuff gets sorted and we get Askey tied down on a new deal. Good thing is he wants to stay and would love to see what he can do with a transfer window and pre-season. The job he has done given the starting point has been spectacular I think.

Randolph Haggerty

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Good game this.
A good atmosphere created by both sets of fans, credit to all.
Crewe were poor, vale played well 2 or 3 nil wouldn’t have been unjust.
I don’t go with this fuck you attitude like the Notts and stags fans go it on here, mainly because when vale were away as a child, my dad would take us crewe, so I don’t hate them at all.
See you next year crewe!

Reaction score
Supports
Alex
Sorry Vale, I reckon that’s possibly the most ‘we don’t give a toss’ performance we’ve had with you for ages. Not much in this division and you guys could be up there next year though.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
7 is David Worrall and you’re right. He is like a new signing almost since Askey has come in. Especially as I suspect Aspin wouldn’t have needed much persuading to move him on if he’d stayed.

Just hope the off field stuff gets sorted and we get Askey tied down on a new deal. Good thing is he wants to stay and would love to see what he can do with a transfer window and pre-season. The job he has done given the starting point has been spectacular I think.

Guess we will never know why Aspin froze Wozza out after being key last season. Conlon, Wozza, Miller have all been huge for us lately, the remarkable thing is this crazy run has been done without players you’d expect to be playing ie the natural talents of Whitfield and Gibbons for example and bar an hour and the County game Tom Pope hasn’t been playing either.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
That was a weird game.
Crewe were on the beach.
Thought we played well and i'm sick of Artell going on about hoofing it and Whacking it.
The bloke is deluded, we played some decent stuff at times and only Garret and poor finishing stopped a thrashing.

Also deluded are Vale fans thinking we could be up there next season. Basing it purely on the last 6 games ?

We are where we are because of a disastrous negative season, sure Askey has somehow turned it round but to say we'll be up there, no chance.
I'd prefer to be more balanced and i'm just happy to stay up, prior to Mansfield i genuinely thought we were going down.

For us Worral was easily star man.
NG looked good for them, thought the left back was garbage and Oliver Finney made his donkey old man look like Messi, he was as weak as piss.

Overall a very decent performance and given the last 3 away games this run is perfectly timed.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
That was a weird game.
Crewe were on the beach.
Thought we played well and i'm sick of Artell going on about hoofing it and Whacking it.
The bloke is deluded, we played some decent stuff at times and only Garret and poor finishing stopped a thrashing.

Also deluded are Vale fans thinking we could be up there next season. Basing it purely on the last 6 games ?

We are where we are because of a disastrous negative season, sure Askey has somehow turned it round but to say we'll be up there, no chance.
I'd prefer to be more balanced and i'm just happy to stay up, prior to Mansfield i genuinely thought we were going down.

NG looked good for them, thought the left back was garbage and Oliver Finney made his donkey old man look like Messi, he was as weak as piss.

Overall a very decent performance and given the last 3 away games this run is perfectly timed.

We have a better chance of being up there next season under new ownership. Don’t think any Vale fans expect it but it’s clear as day that Aspins negative tactics and freezing out of key players has cost us this season having a solid season.

We have one of the best defensive records but any chances next season will be on selling the club and making decent decisions on signing strikers who are capable.

Either way a solid season under Synectics next season would be enough for most fans where we are looking up the league rather than down.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Thought we played well and i'm sick of Artell going on about hoofing it and Whacking it. The bloke is deluded, we played some decent stuff at times and only Garret and poor finishing stopped a thrashing.
I think he was talking about our team when he referred to hoofing and whacking bud. Not your lot.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
That was a weird game.
Crewe were on the beach.

Yep our left back was shit, he’s on loan from Motherwell, unfortunately Pickering is injured. I’m amazed Finney started (think he’s a vale fan), the game absolutely passed him by and he was totally overrun. I’ll give you credit where it’s due but our starting line up was completely wrong and didn’t half make it easy for you.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale

He was on about Crewe lumping it to Smith and Howkins. He did state neither side dominated although guess he didn’t look at the stats before that and that we didn’t play much football, harsh as we’ve played some decent stuff lately, that Conlon chance first half was quality play with the ball in and Mannys backheel. We’ve had to get it down more due to Pope being out the side or it would just come back.

The it’s a big game but isn’t a big game comments have caused a chuckle or two mind! And some of our players have had a dig in their tweets about various things he’s said recently or in the past. All good fun!

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
I’ll give you credit where it’s due but our starting line up was completely wrong and didn’t half make it easy for you.
Whilst you're right, can you blame Artell for picking the same team that beat Mansfield only a couple of weeks ago? And why start players like Kirk and Ainley that didn't perform against Cheltenham?

It shows how tricky management is. If you tinker with the team like he did against Cheltenham, they don't produce and he gets hauled over the coals for changing a winning team. But when he goes back to a team and tactics which worked 2 weeks ago and they lose, people blame him for not naming the right team. I don't know what he's supposed to do and believe me, I would love to criticise him.

A far fairer reason as to why we lost was him seemingly downplaying the game. He talks on the one hand about how it's not Celtic v Rangers and how there wasn't more in the game. Which I read as him not really thinking it was an important game, which kind of flies in the face of him saying earlier in the week that he was targeting a top 10 finish.

The guy is a mid-table manager running a mid-table. Sometimes he hits on a genius selection or tactics. But I can't work out whether he is sometimes a genius or it's actually a fluke. He has got to find a way to get more out of this group. Because we won't have a lot of talent coming in during the summer I wouldn't imagine. He's got to find a way to get more consistency out of what he has on hand. I'm not sure if he can though.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
I'm a bit unfair picking on Finney, he was the shining light in Audley Ladsandads when my lad played for Maybank.
My lad was also in the same class at Bradwell as Wintle who is a much better physical specimen.
Finney looks like needs to bulk up a bit but he is a novice and at least Crewe give him minutes.

I'll retract my Artell comments i misread it, when he said they kept booting it up he was indeed referring to his own players, i thought that ' they ' meant us.
He's still a tool though :dry:

jbet

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Much better from us. Really like the look of that back line, Smith back to somewhere near his best and the link ups between the wingers and full backs were excellent.

Glad also to see Pope being used properly. Miller played well and was a handful, last thing Crewe would've wanted was Pope coming on for the last 25, and so it proved.

Same old from Crewe. Retain possession well enough, absolutely crumble at the first ounce of pressure on them at the back, and toothless up front. They still have the 'Crewe Way' of knowing how to commit fouls without being punished and how to win fouls from nothing. I'm sure Crewe fans would rather they excelled at football than this game management but it's a start.

Don't think yesterday told us anything about next season. Just happy with a solid performance, some excellent individual displays and a decent turnout from our fans - most home fans at a game this season.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
JJ - prior to the game I thought, ok maybe this could work again. However if you’d have been there and seen the first 45 mins you would have known we needed a change. Kirk and Ainley are hot and cold, we’re used to that. But we were playing against a side who don’t concede many goals on a wide pitch, we created fuck all they should have been on.

Jbet - I think your comments about our game management are pretty harsh, we were clean yesterday. Porter was getting fouled constantly and got nothing. And I gave credit to your time wasting, Worrall sat down at least twice over nothing, it’s what you should do if you want to win. And there was a tackle down the other end which one of your players got booked for, but from my admittedly poor point of view looked like a horrendous 2 footer. The ref was terrible as usual.

Valeite

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The ref has a difficult job when Crewe are playing because of the amount of play acting they do, for example the lad who lost a tussle in midfield grabbed his head in an attempt to get play stopped and when the ref hadn`t, he got up and chased back. So if a ref misses a bad tackle you can`t blame him as he can`t trust the Crewe players reactions. Its modern football unfortunately I suppose and most fans hate it.

Wootball

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Vale have narrowed their pitch (at least for this game), it was no wider than ours. Either way that was the most dead rubber fixture you'll see between these teams. The players didn't give a shit and the fans didn't either. Vale dominated and deserved to win by more, we did everything wrong. That's about it really.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Vale have narrowed their pitch (at least for this game), it was no wider than ours. Either way that was the most dead rubber fixture you'll see between these teams. The players didn't give a shit and the fans didn't either. Vale dominated and deserved to win by more, we did everything wrong. That's about it really.

Aspin narrowed it this season (can’t then change it)

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The ref has a difficult job when Crewe are playing because of the amount of play acting they do, for example the lad who lost a tussle in midfield grabbed his head in an attempt to get play stopped and when the ref hadn`t, he got up and chased back. So if a ref misses a bad tackle you can`t blame him as he can`t trust the Crewe players reactions. Its modern football unfortunately I suppose and most fans hate it.

They go down easily but so do most teams in fairness.

The referee just didn’t deal with the booting of Hannant though. They seemed to target him and he got nothing. Hunt could easily have gone.

The Conlon tackle was hard in response to us not getting a decision but think he actually took out Montano!

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
It’s completely different starting that 11 at Mansfield, who were top 3/4 and odds on favourite to batter us, than against Vale. Also, we looked equally ineffective at Mansfield till Ainley came on. It was one of the most negative line ups I’ve seen in the circumstances and we looked beaten from kick off with little interest in changing it from Artell. He should be giving Garratt a bonus, without him it’d have been a cricket score.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Who was the pygmy who came on as sub ?
He looked about 13 but to his credit he still outmuscled Conlon in a tackle

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
JJ - prior to the game I thought, ok maybe this could work again. However if you’d have been there and seen the first 45 mins you would have known we needed a change. Kirk and Ainley are hot and cold, we’re used to that. But we were playing against a side who don’t concede many goals on a wide pitch, we created fuck all they should have been on.
Oh, then we're talking about 2 different points. You said the starting XI was wrong, which I assumed you meant from the outset.

Yes, I would fully agree that once it became apparent that XI wasn't working, changes should have been made way sooner. It speaks for Artell's lax attitude about this game that he didn't make changes sooner. I'm not fan of Kirk and Ainley's inconsistency infuriates me, but to have one as an unused sub and the other only get 20 minutes is lunacy.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
That was tommy lowery, he might be a midget but he’s a class footballer, and despite his size he outmuscles people whenever he plays. Deserves to start and hopefully we see more of him next season. Another Crewe academy produce.

The Alex

VF16’s worst enemy.
Reaction score
Supports
The Vale
Another point about Lowery is he’s always looking forward, trying to find a positive pass, the lineup we put out yesterday was so so negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!