Predictions 2021/22

chipmunx

Reaction score
Supports
Barrow AFC
The last 2 seasons the team I've predicted to win the league have got relegated - so this season i'm going for;-

1) Salford
2-13) Don't care
14) Barrow
15-23) Someone else
24) Scunthorpe.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
First season in a while I feel I’ve got my finger off the pulse of what our competitors have been up to. But I’m finding it hard to separate most sides. So pure guesswork! I think Hartlepool will buck the trend of NL sides always staying up. I think Dale will surprise a few people, have a bumpy start and then get better as the season goes on.

Autos:

Tranmere
Exeter
Bradford

Play Offs

newport
Forest green
Salford
Dale

Relegation

Hartlepool
Scunthorpe

Northenblues

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
Your player of the season is a very long shot. I doubt Vernam will even be a regular starter for us. Impact sub at best I would say
Really? Thought he'd be one of your better players, had a decent end to last season.

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
Based on the snippets from this forum and the managerial appointments and signings my predictions are thus.

Challengers: I fancy Walsall and Orient to do well this season.

Strugglers: I think Hartlepool are in for a long, challenging season.

My team prediction: 14-17th.

RiftHouseLad

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Based on the snippets from this forum and the managerial appointments and signings my predictions are thus.

Challengers: I fancy Walsall and Orient to do well this season.

Strugglers: I think Hartlepool are in for a long, challenging season.

My team prediction: 14-17th.
Were used to it pal, but no prisoners will be taken this time. lol

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Going to go for..
1 Bradford
2 Salford
3 Rochdale
4 Bristol R
5 Swindon
6 Exeter
7Port Vale
-----------------------------

Relegated

Hartlepool
Tranmere

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
I’ll go with:

Autos: Bradford, Mansfield and Tranmere

Playoffs: Salford, Forest Green, Northampton and Bristol Rovers

Relegation: Scunthorpe and Hartlepool

Reactions: RLC

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Going to go for..
1 Bradford
2 Salford
3 Rochdale
4 Bristol R
5 Swindon
6 Exeter
7Port Vale

Relegated

Hartlepool
Tranmere

You lot are obsessed ain't you. Apparently spent the majority of a pre season game singing about us. It’s adorable it really is.

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
1. Mansfield
2. Bradford C
3. Bristol R

4. Salford
5. Leyton Orient
6. TRFC
7. Exeter

8. Port Vale
9. Barrow
10. Newport
11. Forest Green
12. Walsall
13. Stevenage
14. Northampton
15. Harrogate
16. Carlisle
17. Crawley
18. Colchester
19. Swindon
20. Sutton
21. Oldham
22. Rochdale

23. Hartlepool
24. Scunthorpe Utd

It's fairly clear who the struggling teams will be but harder to call at the other end of the table. I think, even more than usual, managerial experience will be a factor, so sides with relative rookies in charge, I've knocked back a few places. Bristol Rovers promotion spot is on the assumption Barton won't last the whole season, while if Salford had gone for someone other than Bowyer, they'd go up automatically with that squad.

My team Tranmere got off to a great start bringing back Micky Mellon as boss. Recruitment has been sound, still need a bit more depth in certain areas, but like others we're really short on firepower up front. Hence play-offs again, though if a quality striker joins soon, automatics a real possibility.

Robshep

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
Going to go for..
1 Bradford
2 Salford
3 Rochdale
4 Bristol R
5 Swindon
6 Exeter
7Port Vale

Relegated

Hartlepool
Tranmere
Social distancing is over now. Go and get a hug from somebody you sad arsehole

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
You lot are obsessed ain't you. Apparently spent the majority of a pre season game singing about us. It’s adorable it really is.

My prediction is based upon my judgement.........Last season i got one promoted team right from 4
Said you would reach the play offs
Relegation i got Southend correct.

You have lost Vaughan and were basically shite once he was injured after christmas
I dont see where you have improved you may have enough to finish a little higher/ Perhaps relegating Scunthorpe
Many on here have you to be promoted, its a prediction nothing more.
ps Saturday will be my first game in 2 seasons done no pre season so i dont know about any singing

All the best for the coming season

Huntsman94

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
My prediction is based upon my judgement.........Last season i got one promoted team right from 4
Said you would reach the play offs
Relegation i got Southend correct.

You have lost Vaughan and were basically shite once he was injured after christmas
I dont see where you have improved you may have enough to finish a little higher/ Perhaps relegating Scunthorpe
Many on here have you to be promoted, its a prediction nothing more.
ps Saturday will be my first game in 2 seasons done no pre season so i dont know about any singing

All the best for the coming season

When we get a new striker in we’ll have a much better team than what we had last season. Early signs but reckon Callum McManaman will be one of the league’s players of the season.

Hopefully we get you in one of the cups :bg:

Reactions: RLC

BigDaveCUFC

Reaction score
Supports
Curzon Ashton....and Carlisle
I’ll find it interesting how Exeter and Carlisle do. They pretty much were sides to stick and stay than change manager wise gambling they can improve on next……hope one does as I find the mass managerial changes ridiculous these days.

must be big problems at Dale they had to cancel a friendly at stalybridge last night due to a lack of players to make a team.

now granted 4 days before season it would be the squad/fringe players but Dale must have such a weak overall squad they couldn’t field an 11 of backup and youth.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
I’ll find it interesting how Exeter and Carlisle do. They pretty much were sides to stick and stay than change manager wise gambling they can improve on next……hope one does as I find the mass managerial changes ridiculous these days.

must be big problems at Dale they had to cancel a friendly at stalybridge last night due to a lack of players to make a team.

now granted 4 days before season it would be the squad/fringe players but Dale must have such a weak overall squad they couldn’t field an 11 of backup and youth.
I’m not reading too much into the Stalybridge game. Pre season games seem to have been cancelled for fun by a lot of teams this summer. Besides, we squeezed in an extra friendly and played Oldham the other day. A better test /prep for us than Stalybridge. Squad has been depleted over summer with departures but we have signed quite a few this week and more expected to join.

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town
I think the relegation spots will be interesting this season.

Scunthorpe seem to be on a terminal slope out of here, hartlepools board appear to be fucking things up, swindon could well be down there.

others that were down there should solidify, i’d expect lower mid table for barrow, hopefully something much different from mansfield.

As cambridge proved last season, any side can come from anywhere and go up, realistically (some more than others) all of us have a chance if you’re lucky with injuries, decisions etc.

Salvador

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
As cambridge proved last season, any side can come from anywhere and go up, realistically (some more than others) all of us have a chance if you’re lucky with injuries, decisions etc.
I’ve kept an occasional eye on L2 and been to a few games the last few years having Accy and Bolton supporting friends it does seem to have been a fairly evenly matched division in the time we’ve been out of it. Bolton last season at the start looked woeful. A good run and they’re up. I think most of us in this league are a good/bad run between playoffs and relegation contention. There’s no apparent gulf between top/bottom to me. Certainly less so compared to the leagues above.
I could be way off and we’ll see someone win with 100 points and someone else down by Easter. Who knows. Give it 10 games.

Fedora Dale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
1. Walsall
2. Leyton Orient
3. Rochdale
--------------------
4. Bradford
5. Colchester
6. Swindon
7. Crawley
---------------------
8. Tranmere
9. Forest Green
10. Port Vale
11. Stevenage
12. Barrow
13. Salford
14. Bristol R
15. Sutton
16. Newport
17. Northampton
18. Oldham
19. Mansfield
20. Scunthorpe
21. Exeter
22. Hartlepool
23. Carlisle
24. Harrogate

Boz

Reaction score
Supports
Tranmere Rovers
There are times when changing the manager is the right thing to do. It was fair to give Mike Jackson, Mellon’s deputy a chance, which he fluffed. Keith Hill started ok and had Vaughan not been crocked think we’d have gone up. However he then started playing very negatively picking issues with the fans, some of his interviews bizarre and it was wise to part ways.

Of the two you name, slightly different circumstances. Exeter probably slightly underperformed given the calibre of their squad last season and for whatever reason are struggling to recruit despite added funds. Given the doom and gloom about Carlisle last season Beech did very well although the promotion push trailed off. Certainly deserved another season though early comings and going’s don’t look too promising.

shoddycollins

Reaction score
Supports
Carlisle United
I haven't actually done a 1-20 yet, it's not an easy division to predict this time around, only one club whose fans are telling us they are a basket case and nobody who has spent big to go up. Bradford still stand out for me no matter how many warnings not to back them I've read.

I now think Salford might finally make it given how few stand out teams there are, they'll have their usual mid-season slump but the division seems better set up for them to recover, provided they've learned their lesson about sacking managers if they aren't in the automatic places after a dozen games.

I'm not all that sure why Bristol Rovers are so well fancied, and the other relegated teams not, I think they'll do well but I think all the relegated teams will do better than expected, and since the majority fancy them and I can't think of anyone else, I'll go with that. I may be overly influenced by the fact they signed a left back who had lost his place in our team to a 19 year old but given that Jack Iredale, Cole Stockton and NKP all got promoted last season I don't think 'Carlisle reject' is quite the evidence of a poor player I treat it as.

1 - Bradford
2 - Salford
3 - Bristol Rovers
------------------------------
4 - Tranmere
5 - Swindon
6 - FGR
7 - Exeter
------------------------------
8 - Port Vale
9 - Northampton
10 - Oldham
11 - Carlisle
12 - Barrow
13 - Rochdale
14 - Mansfield
15 - Stevenage
16 - Harrogate
17 - Walsall
18 - Crawley
19 - Hartlepool
20 - Colchester
21 -
22 -
23 - Sutton
24 - Scunthorpe

I'd actually be disappointed with us finishing lower than 10th, especially as I have a sneaking suspicion that we may have actually strengthened our squad everywhere apart from in defence.

Towards the bottom of the table it becomes more about crowbarring in teams I've forgotten (including two spaces I'll have to come back and fill in) and I called out more teams as being playoff shouts than I can actually fit into the top 10 but it could well be a close race. I may have to update this when I remember who I've forgotten.

EDIT: Orient and Newport I see. I'll update it later though as I'm busy now.

Indian Dan

‘Absolute calamity!’
Reaction score
Supports
Swindon
I think the relegation spots will be interesting this season.

Scunthorpe seem to be on a terminal slope out of here, hartlepools board appear to be fucking things up, swindon could well be down there.

others that were down there should solidify, i’d expect lower mid table for barrow, hopefully something much different from mansfield.

We’re putting together a very good looking squad - albeit low on numbers atm. A lot will depend on whether the BRovers fans are right about Garner or not.

Soup Ladle

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
I'll be interested to see how Sutton do. They've kept the majority of their squad and were the best team we faced in the league along with Torquay, although not the best footballing side (that was probably us). Matt Gray utilised their physical strength, pace and power and got them into a very strong unit. One thing maybe counting against them is the pitch situation, could the upheaval cost them a poor start? Personally I'm glad our game was rearranged for September as I don't think we're ready either.

I think Sutton will be okay. There's usually (hopefully?) a team or two who crash and burn from nowhere.

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
Supports
Sutton United
I'll be interested to see how Sutton do. They've kept the majority of their squad and were the best team we faced in the league along with Torquay, although not the best footballing side (that was probably us). Matt Gray utilised their physical strength, pace and power and got them into a very strong unit. One thing maybe counting against them is the pitch situation, could the upheaval cost them a poor start? Personally I'm glad our game was rearranged for September as I don't think we're ready either.

I think Sutton will be okay. There's usually (hopefully?) a team or two who crash and burn from nowhere.
A very tough start for us, away trips to FGR , Salford and Scunthorpe before our first home game of the season.

saddler78

Reaction score
Supports
walsall
1.Bradford
2.Tranmere
3.Bristol rovers
4.Salford
5.Mansfield
6.Exeter
7.Port Vale
8.Leyton Orient
9.Northampton
10.Walsall
11.Forest Green
12.Newport
13.Swindon
14.Barrow
15.Rochdale
16.Carlisle
17.Oldham
18.Crawley
19.Harrogate
20.Stevenage
21.Sutton
22.Colchester
23.Hartlepool
24.Scunthorpe

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
When we get a new striker in we’ll have a much better team than what we had last season. Early signs but reckon Callum McManaman will be one of the league’s players of the season.

Hopefully we get you in one of the cups :bg:
fair enough...........not really followed Tranmeres recruitment and i may be totally wrong
As i have stated many times never had anything against Tranmere Only Aldridge and he has long gone
Mcmanaman either blows hot or cold very frustrating player but should do well in lge2

Agombar stool

Reaction score
Supports
Swindon Town
fair enough...........not really followed Tranmeres recruitment and i may be totally wrong
As i have stated many times never had anything against Tranmere Only Aldridge and he has long gone
Mcmanaman either blows hot or cold very frustrating player but should do well in lge2

And yet you have predicted them to finish bottom? I've not been following their recruitment massively either but I suspect they'll be nearer the top half than in a relegation battle surely?

SELatic

Reaction score
Supports
Oldham
  1. Bradford
  2. Salford
  3. Bristol Rovers
  4. Mansfield
  5. Walsall
  6. Tranmere
  7. Leyton Orient
  8. Port Vale
  9. Northampton
  10. Exeter
  11. Forest Green
  12. Newport
  13. Carlisle
  14. Barrow
  15. Stevenage
  16. Rochdale
  17. Swindon
  18. Latics
  19. Sutton
  20. Harrogate
  21. Crawley
  22. Colchester
  23. Hartlepool
  24. Scunthorpe

loz

Reaction score
Supports
Citeh
And yet you have predicted them to finish bottom? I've not been following their recruitment massively either but I suspect they'll be nearer the top half than in a relegation battle surely?
It was a stupid post AS. Tranmere will be in a battle but not relegation.

Chief Rocka

Reaction score
Supports
Hartlepool
Man, most of yers have us glued to 23rd huh, bunch of bastards.. :sad:

AdamStag

Reaction score
Supports
Mansfield Town

part of it appears to be the conference though.

the last round of fixtures in league 2 was 8th may, so basically 6 weeks and 1 day before your game against torquay , which is madness.

Anyone that far behind in recruitment despite your board appearing to be fucking things up (from afar so apologies if wrong) is going to be off to a slow start.

I reckon you’ll do what barrow did last season, you’ll never be far away from danger but far enough to survive

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
We can spend all season together in the bottom two, it will be nice. I've always thought Hartlepool were like a further North version of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bantamshell

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!