Rails vs Iron - Crewe vs Scunthorpe ft Davis Out Protest.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Crewe vs Scunthorpe is on Saturday and whilst this is a meaningless game, a peaceful protest will be occurring in the Main Stand against the utterly deplorable Steve Davis and his appalling managerial record and genuine arrogance after belittling fans once again on Radio Stoke last night.

I know BD is one of them, but if any Scunthorpe fan has a decent camera and is big on social media here we would be grateful if they could take any pictures on Saturday and put them on social media so Crewe fans can publicise them. This is because you will have the best view in the ground of these protests and Radio Stoke have a nasty habit of making out the majority are still in favour of our woefully inadequate manager and like to make a big thing of that to fans who are no longer regulars at Gresty Road.

We managed to get hapless Holland out by protesting and we feel we can do the same to get rid of dreadful Davis. He's only in it for his pay-off and he couldn't care less if we suffer because of it. There are a multitude of problems at our club but we're targeting the one man who we as fans can get removed from this club. The game is a distraction to our cause and so I won't be offering my thoughts or predictions on it as I couldn't care less now we're in League Two next season.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684181598502199/?fref=ts < For any Crewe fans not yet members of the protest it can be found here if they wish to join. Together we can rid ourselves of one of the evils really affecting the future of our proud football club. We were here before Davis and we'll be here long after him too. We enjoyed his initial highs, but three years of seemingly never-ending crap football means it is time for him and clipboard Collins to go as their removal is long overdue.

Enough is Enough, Davis Out!

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
I'm not going to the game and I suspect we will lose. It will be typical of us to lose to an already relegated team, I hate playing at Gresty Road as we never seem to win there.

JJ1532

Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alex
Seriously considering walking away from this point on at the moment. I can't support the board and their direction off the pitch and last Saturday was a back breaker for me. After all the talk last week about how much it meant to the fans and how the team owed us a performance, they go down in pitiful fashion to our local rivals. Not only did they get beaten whilst barely offering a response(which is bad enough), they also did it with their league status on the line. Say what you like about our previous relegations, at least they had some fight in them. Can't stomach watching the likes of Turton, Davis, Ray, Fox, Bingham and Haber again.

Saturday's post game interview from Davis was beyond appalling. His whole stance was pathetic. Where was the apology for losing 3-0 to Port Vale? Where was the apology for going down in the most shambolic and embarrassing way possible? Where was the apology for this car crash season and how bad the team have been? Then, where was the statement from the board praising the fans but offering a view into their opinions on this season and what they plan to do about it next season? No bridge building, no fence mending, nothing. Just silence, letting dickhead Davis do all the press. The club is a shambles from top to bottom and I'm sick to death with it all. Got better things to do with my time at the moment than waste it going to meaningless games at the Alex.

Hope the protest actually comes through and enough take part. Be a shame if it turned into a damp squib.

Reactions: JJH

Bartonyellow

Reaction score
Supports
Burton Albion
There is no protest. You are outnumbered by happy clappers that Will put up with him.
You need to find more like minded supporters to get the momentum going as I feel you are in the minority from what I can see.
Take a leaf out of your friends down the a500 and starve them out. They got a board out. I'm sure you can get a manager out.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
There is no protest. You are outnumbered by happy clappers that Will put up with him.
You need to find more like minded supporters to get the momentum going as I feel you are in the minority from what I can see.
Take a leaf out of your friends down the a500 and starve them out. They got a board out. I'm sure you can get a manager out.

Check our social media hashtag for Davis supporters and those against him and you'll see that we aren't outnumbered by happy clappers at all. Being relegated at Port Vale was the instigator for the protest to be organised.

If anything, happy clappers and pro-Davis fans have gone silent after the Vale Park humiliation.

The protest will go ahead though I'm very very sure. Starving them out will happen next season if Davis remains, but we know our board will have a re-think like they did with Holland if the pressure becomes a lot more apparent to them. If we don't say nothing the status quo will remain as it has done in the last 2 years. But the board will have to reconsider if a good proportion of fans kick up a fuss about Davis' ineptitude.

David Jones

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
What I don't get is the following...

Why are you only protesting now, you have been in a mess all season and that is on the back of two seasons of just surviving?

Why did your crowds stay quite decent for a team with the above mentioned issues?

Why on the only Crewe fans forum does it seem that 1 person is posting under a multitude of different usernames?

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
What I don't get is the following...

Why are you only protesting now, you have been in a mess all season and that is on the back of two seasons of just surviving?

Why did your crowds stay quite decent for a team with the above mentioned issues?

Why on the only Crewe fans forum does it seem that 1 person is posting under a multitude of different usernames?

There's been ill will throughout all of this season but we ended up going on a run of 6 draws in 7 games with 1 win that Davis kept proclaiming was an 'unbeaten run' before the fans forum which stopped a lot of hostility from happening that night as a lot of fans were bought by that. Since then our form has been a disgrace but Davis' has incited the fans with a series of patronising and delusional interviews in the last few weeks and his one after the relegation at Vale Park coupled with the one on Monday Night was the last straw.

A lot of the young lads behind the goal have been protesting all season but their voices aren't being heard. So now they're coming into the Main Stand and teaming up with the older fans in there who have been calling for Davis' head in recent weeks since the Blackpool game last month. I can't answer your other two points I'm afraid but with the air of resignation that Davis isn't resigning cos he's only motivated by the money he'll get for being sacked, many fans who want to buy STs next season won't buy them unless he leaves. I myself am one of them, and so there's a determination to rid ourselves from Davis so we can watch our club again.

If you saw his comments in the Sentinel today, he genuinely believes the protest is against the young players and not himself. The man is full of his own self-importance and our motivation is to see him out of our club.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
It's taken this long for there to be a cohesive viewpoint amongst fans. Somehow Davis kept a solid backing even when relegation was inevitable, so much so that after each of the six wins this season it wouldn't take long for a "where are the Davis Out fans now? " post on social media as if a narrow win against a relegation rival justified the state we're in.

The tide has turned hugely in the last six games alone. Port Vale was the first game where every fan (real fans included lol) I could see were against Davis.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Obviously to launch the new home kit, innit.

Purely an exercise to quell protests imo. Looking at Mad, the club may have nailed it too.

What could have changed in a matter of weeks when they were so adamantly "carry on as we are" at the last forum? Feck all I reckon. Bowler will bat away questions like a pro. Some fans will lap it up for a summer, the rest of us ignored.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
“It will be another test for us but we need to win a game because it has gone on far too long now. We want to finish as strong as we can and we will going into all our remaining games trying to get a positive result.”

Found this interview hugely cringeworthy

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
“It will be another test for us but we need to win a game because it has gone on far too long now. We want to finish as strong as we can and we will going into all our remaining games trying to get a positive result.”

Found this interview hugely cringeworthy

Unbelievably there's still a minority of fans that will lap it up and take what he's said. Hopefully Saturday will be Davis' last stand, though I see him in charge for a few games afterwards...

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
He's your typical under pressure manager. Ultra defensive to the point of being insulting, trying to convince everyone he's well backed, constantly acting blameless and covering up the fact he's most likely as disliked by the players as he is the fans. He'd have got a lot more good will from fans if he ever accepted any sort of responsibility for our league position.

BTW, end of season awards night cancelled.

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/end-of-season-dinner-re-scheduled-3059171.aspx

"After acknowledging the opinions of supporters"

Heh.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
He's your typical under pressure manager. Ultra defensive to the point of being insulting, trying to convince everyone he's well backed, constantly acting blameless and covering up the fact he's most likely as disliked by the players as he is the fans. He'd have got a lot more good will from fans if he ever accepted any sort of responsibility for our league position.

BTW, end of season awards night cancelled.

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/end-of-season-dinner-re-scheduled-3059171.aspx

"After acknowledging the opinions of supporters"

Heh.

Promising start, however they need to acknowledge one more opinion of supporters first though before we can start to build bridges with this delusional board...

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Definitely going to take more than shifting furniture (whilst shouting "look at us, we're listening!") before they deserve credit for it. Noticed Rich Sharpe has already praised the club for "listening", could call it PR damage limitation week starring local press (McGarry and Morse headlining it on Saturday).

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
I think that is what I found funny about the interview, he is talking as though the relegation last weekend hasn't happened and your poor season is not really an issue. He should be talking as though he is determined to make things right whilst apologising to the fans etc not just giving off a shoulder shrugging attitude.
Reminds me of a worse version of Flitcroft who made comments which indicated he was baffled by our crowds dropping in 2016. This coming after some truly fecking woeful form, embarrasing away results, an ongoing issue with the goalkeeper, negative tactics and numerous questions about the off field ownership but it seems regardless of anything that we as supporters are just expected to kneel before the manager and owners and follow the club whatever. It would be nice if for once they showed us a bit of respect back.

Last edited:

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I think that is what I founf funny about the interview, he is talking as though the relegation last weekend hasn't happened and your poor season is not really an issue. He should be talking as though he is determined to make things right whilst apologising to the fans etc not just giving off a shoulder shrugging attitude.
Reminds me of a worse version of Flitcroft who made comments which indicated he was baffled by our crowds dropping in 2016. This coming after some truly fecking woeful form, embarrasing away results, an ongoing issue with the goalkeeper, negative tactics and numerous questions about the off field ownership but it seems regardless of anything that we as supporters are just expected to kneel before the manager and owners and follow the club whatever. It would be nice if for once they showed us a bit of respect back.

I always remember Bristol Rovers' manager Darrell Clarke only being in charge for 8 games of their 2013-14 relegation season and in absolute tears when Rovers got relegated. Despite it not being entirely his fault (he was assistant for the other 38 games) he accepted full responsibility and told the fans he'd get it right. Two years later Rovers could very well be a League One football club in May. That is responsibility, determination and management and he is a credit to the game and his football club.

Steve Davis genuinely holds the attitude that 'I got you promoted in 2012 and won the JPT in 2013, despite 3 barren years and a relegation, I am unsackable' like he's blameless when we struggle. He took full credit and responsibility for our successes but deflects blame entirely to his players, fans, board, tea ladies etc when things go tits up. It's why I genuinely can't stand the man and I honestly don't wish him upon another club when he eventually leaves. This last week he's really riled the fans and on Saturday he will see and hear just how many want him out.

The board have a choice, lose season tickets or sack Davis, I do hope they choose the latter for the club's sake.

King Kev

Reaction score
Supports
Bury
Aye that is passion. Despite my above criticism there were a couple of games where there were no excuses what so ever. Most notably Coventry away after the 6-0 defeat Flitcroft did a rare thing and admitted he had got things wrong. Likewise Soares apologised to the fans after the game and on Twitter and promised to make things right. The following Tuesday we beat Sheffield United 1-0 with a real battling display, probably one of the best team performances of the season. It showed the team did care and since then we have had a few decent results crammed in with the dross and that has kept us away from trouble.
Hope you sort it out anyway, my first ever Bury game in 1993 was against Crewe and always associate our 1990s success with your club as you were normally knocking round in the mix and we played out some great fixtures in that time ☺.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Aye that is passion. Despite my above criticism there were a couple of games where there were no excuses what so ever. Most notably Coventry away after the 6-0 defeat Flitcroft did a rare thing and admitted he had got things wrong. Likewise Soares apologised to the fans after the game and on Twitter and promised to make things right. The following Tuesday we beat Sheffield United 1-0 with a real battling display, probably one of the best team performances of the season. It showed the team did care and since then we have had a few decent results crammed in with the dross and that has kept us away from trouble.
Hope you sort it out anyway, my first ever Bury game in 1993 was against Crewe and always associate our 1990s success with your club as you were normally knocking round in the mix and we played out some great fixtures in that time ☺.

I always remember when Davis possessed a more attacking and positive mindset (yes really) we lost 5-1 at Brentford just after promotion and he accepted he got everything wrong and said the performance was a collective embarrassment to the point where if he was a paying spectator he'd have left at half time. Sadly, now Davis is negative and losses are regular he won't accept responsibility for anything. It's almost like he wants out but he doesn't want to leave without his near six figure pay-off.

Who knows, Saturday will be very interesting, it's not about the game, it's about getting rid of the man in charge of this mess. As you've just mentioned with your performance vs Sheffield United, we need battling spirit in these players and I sympathise with them, because it's so obvious most of the squad aren't playing for him purely because they have differences.

Hopefully so, I don't think we'll be coming back to third tier for a while though. Last time I expected us to come back sooner rather than later given the budget was bigger but this time I'm hoping for mass changes and a new brand of football with players who care. I doubt we'll be getting any of that next year though if Davis remains. It'll be more like competing in a relegation battle to the Conference if Davis stays that's for sure.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Incredibly Steve Davis claims he won't be at some of the last 5 games because he'll be away "scouting" in his words.

Doing that during a matchday means his position is surely untenable, it's almost like he's abandoning ship because fans want him out. Absolutely embarrassing behaviour from a so-called professional football manager.

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
And now the club has deleted the tweet that mentioned Davis skipping games.

I'm speechless. The club is becoming a caricature of itself. We've always said the club likes to put their fingers in their ears but that's taking the biscuit. If you're going to go on radio to try and divide fans and in the process alienate 90% of them, at least have the balls to face them on match day.

Oh well, at least there's a chance of seeing some entertaining football for once this season if Davis isn't in the ground. Wouldn't say no to a Dario cameo and a good 6-4 win.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
And now the club has deleted the tweet that mentioned Davis skipping games.

I'm speechless. The club is becoming a caricature of itself. We've always said the club likes to put their fingers in their ears but that's taking the biscuit. If you're going to go on radio to try and divide fans and in the process alienate 90% of them, at least have the balls to face them on match day.

Oh well, at least there's a chance of seeing some entertaining football for once this season if Davis isn't in the ground. Wouldn't say no to a Dario cameo and a good 6-4 win.

Agree with everything (bar the last thing, which will be a James Collins omnishambles and a 3-0 home defeat) and must add that the board should well and truly be ashamed of themselves if Steve Davis is allowed to be excused from the touchline to "scout" tomorrow. What does Steve Davis know about scouting when he signed the likes of Vadaine Oliver, Chris Atkinson and Thierry Audel?

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
And what is the point of Neil "head of recruitment" Baker if Davis is off scouting? Don't get me started on the fact Baker seems to be at 80% of our games anyway.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
And what is the point of Neil "head of recruitment" Baker if Davis is off scouting? Don't get me started on the fact Baker seems to be at 80% of our games anyway.

In defence of Neil Baker, I genuinely am astounded as to why he's still at the club. This club has done nothing but treat him like shit for a fair few years. If I was him I'd have scarpered years ago and I know he's applied for other jobs (went for the Burton job before Peschisolido got it I believe) but it's remarkable he continues to stay loyal to a club that treat him like dirt continually.

Steve Davis probably won't be off "scouting" anyway, probably having an afternoon meal with his missus at Residence in Nantwich. Like he went on holiday to Venice in pre-season that time to avoid fans demanding where signings were.

Bottega Don

Reaction score
Supports
Scunthorpe United
Crewe are gonna do a protest to get their manager out and then they're gonna beat us aren't they ffs

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
I think Baker is just as loyal to the club as Dario, willing to come back after being unceremoniously dumped for Davis by Gudjon says it all. He's a living legend of the club tbf, which is probably why he's got the "head of recruitment" role. It's basically his pension.

That said, I'm not with what seems to be the majority saying that his demotion last summer has contributed to our form. The declining quality of our team falls in line with our league position, and if Baker had that much effect then his job title isn't going to change it. He was assistant for two crap years and I do think his time with the first team should now be finished. He was also the one who uttered the infamous "not value for money" quote in regards to Grant.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
I've just had a brainwave, imagine if Davis skips tomorrow and we win 3 or 4-0. Obviously it won't happen but that's the worst case scenario for Steve Davis because he's in no position to take any credit and the board would surely wake up. Obviously Davis would try all he could to say it was his tactics what won it, but hypothetically speaking that would leave egg on his face wouldn't it?

TimeyWimey

Sustainable
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe Alexandra
Yep, was thinking the same. In no way helps him. If he's there and we go 2-0 up, it would definitely take the edge of protests due to the fickle nature of some of our fans. If he's not there, the result will not matter. If anything, fans will feel vindicated.

The guy is bonkers.

TrinidadsNumberOne

Gizza job?
Reaction score
Supports
Crewe
Yep, was thinking the same. In no way helps him. If he's there and we go 2-0 up, it would definitely take the edge of protests due to the fickle nature of some of our fans. If he's not there, the result will not matter. If anything, fans will feel vindicated.

The guy is bonkers.

Genuinely think even if Davis was there and we went 2-0 up it wouldn't. Because the season is dead and it makes no difference. Surely every fan bar the most staunch Davisite would realise that.

Interesting viewpoint from a fan I encountered earlier, apparently because Dario went skiing once it makes it acceptable for Davis to miss games to scout. Also claims Dario missed games every season whilst being fit and able to manage them. I've been following us for 15 years, apart from his heart surgery and various times he was ill I can't recall him missing league fixtures on a regular basis. It's gross misconduct in my opinion if Davis isn't on that touchline for the remaining five games.

At least it's a lose lose situation for Davis tomorrow whatever he decides to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!