Retained/Released Lists 2023

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Dan Jones has signed a new 2 year deal so thats one we have kept.

Fell out the team in the promotion season in the end but has been a surprise in how well he has stepped up to League One level, losing him to a season ending injury at Shrewsbury killed us in the end but chuffed that one's done.

kieran_vale

Reaction score
Supports
Vale / New England Patriots
Not really one I’m bothered whether he stayed or went though question giving him 2 years with his injury record. Done alright at times but too error prone for my liking. I can only guess if they are keeping all the defensive unit that conceded 71 goals last season there’s a great big fucking upgrade at keeper coming or at least I hope so.

Garrity is the big one to keep especially given how Crosby has said he wants the squad to look.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Not really one I’m bothered whether he stayed or went though question giving him 2 years with his injury record. Done alright at times but too error prone for my liking. I can only guess if they are keeping all the defensive unit that conceded 71 goals last season there’s a great big fucking upgrade at keeper coming or at least I hope so.

Garrity is the big one to keep especially given how Crosby has said he wants the squad to look.
To be fair to DJ of those 71 many where after DJ got crocked as we were conceded 3 in most games the last 15 games!

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
I’d say I’d be surprised if he leaves us to join Wycombe (no disrespect) as I consider us to be similar sized clubs and I think he’s good enough to compete at the top of this division, and I’d be a bit annoyed at him leaving us for you unless you’ve significantly increased his wage!
Think we mitov found Traffords replacement

leedsvaliant

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
I wasn't fussed either way with Jones. Has a decent pass on him but also prone to brain farts and although much improved earlier this season, it doesn't give me much confidence that he couldn't get into our league 2 team. OK as backup but it doesn't leave us much room to upgrade a defence that conceded over 70 goals.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
Think we mitov found Traffords replacement

Replacement in number but Mitov not fit to lace his boots.

Good luck to him but for me, overrated.

masi51

Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Replacement in number but Mitov not fit to lace his boots.

Good luck to him but for me, overrated.
Anyone coming in will not be as good as Trafford but Evatt has a big call with his replacement
Crellin and Dixon are the two other keepers he has brought here, simply not good enough

DippyDon

Reaction score
Supports
MK Dons
Twitter
@Dippydon_95

Sullay Kaikai, Josh McEachran and Tennai Watson would all do well at this level still. I'd also imagine we've extended Mo Eisa's contract to sell him.

SVH

Reaction score
Supports
Cambridge United
I can see us being in for Sullay KaiKai. We had him on loan when in league two and will be looking for a winger.

denzel ecfc

Reaction score
Supports
Exeter City

Sullay Kaikai, Josh McEachran and Tennai Watson would all do well at this level still. I'd also imagine we've extended Mo Eisa's contract to sell him.
You should give Wrexham a run for their money with that lot.
How old is Lewington now? Has to be pushing 40

Floreat Salopia

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury

About time we’ve announced our retained list.

Relieved to see Nurse, Leahy & Udoh have an option triggered to stay in the clubs favour. Burgoyne & Pennington offered new deals. No chance will Pennington stay as he really should be a Championship player next season but there’s rumours he’s off to Wrexham. Burgoyne will sign unfortunately as he’s a local lad and no other FL club will want him. Thankfully he’ll never be ahead of Marosi in goal.

Released wise the only minor shock is Charlie Caton who seems to have done well on loan at Chester. Bennett going is a shame as he’s been good for us but he’s getting on a bit now and legs are starting to go. Pyke getting released is the best news after having to put up with watching him for the last 3 seasons. Doubt he’ll get another club in the FL.

Shame to see the end of the loan players as they’ve all done well for us this season. Phillips in particular has been one of our best loans since Ben Godfrey. He’ll be a Premier League starter in the next two/three seasons.

So we’re left with a current squad of:-
Marosi (GK)
Dunkley (CB)
Flanagan (CB)
Nurse (CB, LB)
Shipley (LB, CM)
Bayliss (CM)
Leahy (CM)
Bloxham (ST)
Bowman (ST)
Udoh (ST)
O’Brien (ST) - He’ll 100% be gone by August though.

As it stands we have 11 players on our books. We have the makings of a top 10 squad but just need strength in depth and a three/four more quality additions to make us play off contenders. That’s assuming we don’t sell off players like Marosi, Dunkley and Bayliss to bigger clubs.

Could do with Micky Moore working his magic in the market now. Alfie May would be a nice start but I’ll settle with Cole Stockton who I’m confident we’ll be after as we had a six figure fee rejected for him last summer.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/20...y-bet-league-two-efl-english-football-league/

Not too surprised by anything there.

Really hoping we can hold on to the 5 players we're in discussions with. If we can it'll give us a reasonable platform to work from.

Of those that have been released, discussed Norris and Taylor the other day. Max Clark maybe a little surprising - kind of expected him to be part of the squad with another left back being added as first choice. I suppose it depends on his wage and playing expectations. Przybek was back up, coming in after the window closed, he didn't let us down in the limited minutes he played but no idea if he's an able back up at League One level. Had he stayed would have been understudy to whoever we sign as number one.

Sorry to see Bostwick leave on a sentimental level, great for him to come back and help get us promoted to League One for a second time. Some suggestions on our forum that he might be retiring, if that is the case then it's a nice way for him to bow out.

Phil Wallace spoke at a fans forum earlier this evening, spoke about a couple of the loan players, no surprise to see we're interested in signing both Gilbey and Ashby-Hammond. Would be delighted if we were able to get both of these over the line, he said a number of clubs were interested in Gilbey so no guarantee that he does end up with us.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Apparently all EFL clubs not involved in the playoffs need to have submitted their retained lists to the FA by today. So someone will know ours even though it hasn’t been made public.

Communication could be better, especially given how our captain and player of the year Dylan McGeouch has apparently rejected a new deal and left the club, according to media reports. You would hope the club would have said something but there you go.

E10rifle

Reaction score
Supports
Orient
Communication could be better, especially given how our captain and player of the year Dylan McGeouch has apparently rejected a new deal and left the club, according to media reports. You would hope the club would have said something but there you go.

You lot are beginning to gain the faint whiff of Rushden & Diamonds.

Brox

Reaction score
Supports
Stevenage
I'd take Jake Taylor back in a heartbeat.

My bae.

Surprised to see him drop down to Eastleigh. Certainly good enough to remain in League Two.

BRFC_Gas

Reaction score
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Our retained list was finally released today;

The following loans have now concluded and these players will return to their parent clubs:

Ellery Balcombe, Lamare Bogarde, Josh Coburn, Lewis Gibson, Jarell Quansah.

The following players are still under contract for next season:

James Belshaw, Trevor Clarke, Aaron Collins, James Connolly, Antony Evans, Sam Finley, Lewis Gordon, James Gibbons, Luca Hoole, Jerry Lawrence, Ryan Loft, John Marquis, Luke McCormick, Jordan Rossiter, Scott Sinclair, Jed Ward.

The following players have been made new contract offers:

Josh Grant, Harvey Greenslade, Ryan Jones, Grant Ward.

Anssi Jaakkola has been offered the position of permanent goalkeeping coach.

Following his retirement, Glenn Whelan will transition into full-time first-team coach after a season as player-coach.

The following players have not been given new contract offers and will be free to seek new opportunities over the summer:

Harry Anderson, Paul Coutts, Calum Macdonald.

The following players will sadly be retiring from playing professional football upon the conclusion of their contracts:

Nick Anderton, Alex Rodman.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I think Harry Anderson wanted more money than we were prepared to offer.. he has been injured most of the season. Good player in L2 though.
Signing Grant Ward on a longer deal is the key one, but he may have better offers after proving himself this year.
Bogarde would be a good one to get back on loan again next season

thewwfc

Reaction score
Supports
Wycombe
Apparently all EFL clubs not involved in the playoffs need to have submitted their retained lists to the FA by today. So someone will know ours even though it hasn’t been made public.

Nah, the rest of your season has been a shitshow, so I feel like perhaps the club is trying to continue in the spirit of the 22/23 campaign. Give them some credit for consistency, if nothing else.

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Ours is now out. We’ve basically released 5 or 6 of our best players, and of the 19 under contract, 3 are youth, 4 were deemed surplus to requirements in January and shipped out on loan and the rest (other then Stevens and McCann) were part of a side that’s won 1 game since mid December. Would only realistically want to keep 5 of them but we could end up lumbered with a few. From what I’ve heard Godwin-Malife is unlikely to sign, is wanted by Portsmouth.

RELEASED​

• Alfie Burnett
  • Jacob Jones
  • Sean O’Brien
  • Baily Cargill
  • Regan Hendry
  • Jordan Moore-Taylor
  • Luke McGee
  • Dylan McGeouch
  • Ben Stevenson
  • Lewis Thomas

UNDER CONTRACT FOR 23/24 SEASON​

• Finley Bell
  • Murphy Bennett
  • Harvey Bunker
  • Jack Carter
  • Charlie McCann
  • Tyrese Omotoye
  • Fiachra Pagel
  • Sean Robertson
  • Amadou Bakayoko
  • Dominic Bernard
  • Reece Brown
  • David Davis
  • Ross Doohan
  • Jordon Garrick
  • Armani Little
  • Kyle McAllister
  • Corey O’Keeffe
  • Jamie Robson
  • Mathew Stevens

CONTRACT OFFER MADE​

• Udoka Godwin-Malife

Reaction score
Supports
Shrewsbury Town
Didn't realise that David David was still contracted to you.Thought that you had binned him off to Solihull Moors

Chris FGR

Reaction score
Supports
Forest Green
Didn't realise that David David was still contracted to you.Thought that you had binned him off to Solihull Moors

Neither did I tbh. It’s not a pleasant surprise.

Essex2Wessex

Reaction score
Supports
FGR
Short version of our retained list is: without extraordinary skill or luck, we're fucked.

The chickens of three bad transfer windows (bad in different ways and for different reasons - the first, being complacent and lacking long-term planning, the second - personnel chaos, the third - desperation and unconsidered overspending) have come home to roost.

Maybe we'll sort things out a bit, but the eye has been off the ball for so long now that I am pessimistic

LancashireTrotters

Staff member
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton
Wanderers’ squad details and retained list:

Under contract:

Aaron Morley

George Thomason

Victor Adeboyejo

Ricardo Almeida Santos

Dion Charles

Kyle Dempsey

Jack Iredale

Declan John

George Johnston

Gethin Jones

Cameron Jerome

Kieran Sadlier

Eoin Toal

MJ Williams

Randell Williams

Offered contracts:

Josh Sheehan

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Out of contract and released:

Joel Dixon

Lloyd Isgrove

Elias Kachunga

Kieran Lee

Loan players returning to parent club:

James Trafford

Conor Bradley

Luke Mbete

Dan Nlundulu

Shola Shoretire

———————————————————

As expected. Keiran Lee - What a player he’s been, outstanding footballer.

David Brent

Bolton Wanderers
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Pleased with offering new contracts to Sheehan and Bodvarsson. Don't mind the MJ Williams extension either, a decent squad player to have for cover.

For anyone wondering if any of our released players are worth picking up on a free:
Dixon (GK) - an average L2/NL keeper. Could be a decent pickup for Hartlepool maybe. He's from that neck of the woods.
Isgrove (RWB/RW) - hamstring injuries ruined his season, managed just 155 minutes in all comps. If he gets fit, he could do a job for a L2 side.
Kachunga (ST) - the centre forward who doesn't score. 2 league goals in 2 seasons for us. Works hard off the ball but just doesn't score or create enough to justify his wage (apparently on £4k p/w). Not sure what his next move is, maybe back to Germany.
Lee (CM) - superbly talented footballer but I think a recurring hip problem will force him to retire.

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Pleased with offering new contracts to Sheehan and Bodvarsson. Don't mind the MJ Williams extension either, a decent squad player to have for cover.

For anyone wondering if any of our released players are worth picking up on a free:
Dixon (GK) - an average L2/NL keeper. Could be a decent pickup for Hartlepool maybe. He's from that neck of the woods.
Isgrove (RWB/RW) - hamstring injuries ruined his season, managed just 155 minutes in all comps. If he gets fit, he could do a job for a L2 side.
Kachunga (ST) - the centre forward who doesn't score. 2 league goals in 2 seasons for us. Works hard off the ball but just doesn't score or create enough to justify his wage (apparently on £4k p/w). Not sure what his next move is, maybe back to Germany.
Lee (CM) - superbly talented footballer but I think a recurring hip problem will force him to retire.
Will Evatt want to move Kieran Sadlier on do you think after loaning him to us for the second half of last season?

Good player, did well for us, massively helped get us over the line. Could see why Evatt signed him, but equally can see why he’s mainly used him as an impact sub because his out of possession and all round defensive work can make him a bit of a luxury player.

David Brent

Bolton Wanderers
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Will Evatt want to move Kieran Sadlier on do you think after loaning him to us for the second half of last season?

Good player, did well for us, massively helped get us over the line. Could see why Evatt signed him, but equally can see why he’s mainly used him as an impact sub because his out of possession and all round defensive work can make him a bit of a luxury player.
Yeah Sadlier will definitely be moved on this summer. He just doesn't fit into the 3-4-1-2 that we play. Do you think Wellens would want to sign him?

Luke Imp

Reaction score
Supports
Lincoln City
Wanderers’ squad details and retained list:

Under contract:

Aaron Morley

George Thomason

Victor Adeboyejo

Ricardo Almeida Santos

Dion Charles

Kyle Dempsey

Jack Iredale

Declan John

George Johnston

Gethin Jones

Cameron Jerome

Kieran Sadlier

Eoin Toal

MJ Williams

Randell Williams

Offered contracts:

Josh Sheehan

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson

Out of contract and released:

Joel Dixon

Lloyd Isgrove

Elias Kachunga

Kieran Lee

Loan players returning to parent club:

James Trafford

Conor Bradley

Luke Mbete

Dan Nlundulu

Shola Shoretire

———————————————————

As expected. Keiran Lee - What a player he’s been, outstanding footballer.
Did N'Lundulu have much of an impact?

David Brent

Bolton Wanderers
Reaction score
Supports
Bolton Wanderers
Did N'Lundulu have much of an impact?
Unfortunately not. He managed one goal in 500 minutes for us. He's clearly got the physical capabilities to play at a very high standard and shows glimpses of very good technical ability, it's the thing between his ears that stops him being an effective player. His decision making is poor and he seems to posses no attacking instinct whatsoever.

Bizzarely Ian Evatt has likened him to Ivan Toney and it looks like we might sign him on a permanent this summer :ffs:

“I think Dan has so many tools and I have said to him that I’d love to work with him on a full-time basis because I think there is a real player in there. This is a massive comparison but I see him as an Ivan Toney type. He can have a similar journey, he just needs coaching and some time. Given that I think we can make him into a real player. He has bought into us as a football club, he has enjoyed playing here, and we have seen flashes of what he can do.”

The Terminator

Reaction score
Supports
Leyton Orient
Yeah Sadlier will definitely be moved on this summer. He just doesn't fit into the 3-4-1-2 that we play. Do you think Wellens would want to sign him?

I would say there is a chance, we've signed loan players who've done well for us in the past but none have been players as good as him (League One capable) and I'd imagine you're paying him well enough, we have a strict wage structure and won't budge from that. Watch this space though, may even be another loan spell if we think about bringing him back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben192

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!