Rochdale 2-1 Port Vale

Saddlerrad

Reaction score
Supports
Walsall
Clash of the mid-table sides at Spotland on Saturday, with Vale in 10th after 4 wins in a row and Rochdale 13th and not in the best of form at the moment. Vale have bounced back from a 'meh' kind of run with 4 wins in a row, but have constantly struggled on the road overall this season. Dale are always strong under Keith Hill and always look capable of stringing results together, especially if they get Ian Henderson scoring for fun again.

All match discussion here please.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Another very winnable game and would be nice to make it five wins in a row and seven unbeaten.

I'd bring Purkiss, Kelly and maybe Birchy in to freshen it up a bit after a lot of games in quick succession.

Dale look to be in pretty meh form so fancy a cheeky 2-1 win with AJ and Dodds scoring.

F

Freakyteeth

Hopefully their fans don't try to run us over outside the train station again.

Buxton Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@Buxtonvale1
Im going for a draw to finish off a great November for us.

AJ to score (again)

IanPVFC

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Twitter
@ianw1983
Our run of form is going to come to an end at some point and think this might be the one. Would happily take a draw now!

Just as long as there isn't a huge over-reaction if we lose!

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
Rarely win there, even the goal machine that is Calvin Andrew managed to notch last season. Take a point but really we ought to be positive from the off and try take the game to them. 1-1 i,ll take now.

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
yeah it's polical correctness gone mad ain't it m8.

Dawlishdale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
no they didn't it was an absolute joke, been the other way round it would of been a racist attack.
It wasn't Dale fans. From what I understand, it was a car load of local Asian scumbags who have no interest in the football team, nor the town for that matter.. They thought the Vale fans were coming to some sort of Anti Asian rally, and decided to drive into a group of them.

Dale fans were as appalled as you were to be honest. Not sure if they caught those responsible, but if they did, I'd hope they were dealt with accordingly.

Hope all those travelling tomorrow have a safe day out.

darren gregory

Reaction score
Supports
port vale
It wasn't Dale fans. From what I understand, it was a car load of local Asian scumbags who have no interest in the football team, nor the town for that matter.. They thought the Vale fans were coming to some sort of Anti Asian rally, and decided to drive into a group of them.

Dale fans were as appalled as you were to be honest. Not sure if they caught those responsible, but if they did, I'd hope they were dealt with accordingly.

Hope all those travelling tomorrow have a safe day out.
Hence my posting about if was the other way around. Rochdale fans not involved and totally blameworthy . Cheers for your post. Will it be in doubt as rain is torrential here and forecast all tomorrow up your way?

The Dark Knight

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Football is a funny old game at the best of times, ain't it?

Just 20 days ago, we drew 1-1 at home to Maidenhead United in the FA Cup First Round. The feeling amongst the vast majority of Vale supporters present that day, and those listening in on the radio or checking the updates elsewhere, was a mixture of anger, frustration and in some cases, uncontrollable rage. Vitriol was thrown in the direction of the players, but ultimately, it was Rob Page who took the full force of the fans' wrath. It was deserved. It wasn't so much the result that infuriated the fans. It was the sheer unprofessional attitude and approach to the game that some of them displayed during those 100 minutes of football that the fans couldn't accept. It was disgusting! A total lack of respect to not only everybody associated with Maidenhead United F.C, but to all those supporters who turned up on a soggy, dull Sunday afternoon to watch that.

However, roll the clock forward just under 3 weeks later, and the whole scenario has changed dramatically. Some fans are beginning to alter their views on certain players, the tactics, substitutions, and even Page himself. Some are justified and deserve praise, whereas you can't blame some fans from refusing to get caught up in the hype of this good patch of form because we know how quickly our fortunes can change. Yes, we are unbeaten in 6 games in both league and cup stretching back to the end of October. However, certain fans are refusing to credit Page and the lads by turning to the fact that apparently our opposition have been of a poor standard during this run. Admittedly, they weren't good, but we can only beat and perform against the sides put in front of us. We rode our luck against Barnsley and Blackpool, but it's not our fault both of those sides were toothless in the final third and couldn't finish their dinners. We capitalised on Barnsley's low confidence levels and poor run of form, and Blackpool's inability to convert chances (no goals in 6 games shows that), but we comfortably disposed of Shrewsbury and Maidenhead (after a second bite of the cherry) and performed to an excellent level given the circumstances (playing away from home less than 2 days previously) against Chesterfield.

Rochdale, even with their inconsistency at present, are still a tough nut to crack, especially at Spotland. We have always found it difficult at their place in our previous meetings, and I don't think many, if any Vale fans will forget our last two visits there for multiple reasons. Last season at Spotland pretty much summed up our season. Playing for a 0-0 draw from the first minute, continuous time-wasting tactics and trying to slow the game down, and ultimately we paid the price yet again with none other than Calvin Andrew heading in a stoppage-time winner. The sad thing was, I doubt there was a Vale fan at Spotland that day that was even remotely surprised that it happened.

I admire clubs like Rochdale. Very small attendances for the level they're occupying, however, they are surrounded by much more attractive and bigger clubs, and yet that small element still go and support their local side. It's far easier to support a Manchester United, Manchester City or even a Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers or a Burnley, than it is to support a so-called 'unattractive' club like Rochdale. They've got a tidy little stadium (a terrace is always a bonus) and an excellent chippy by the ground which is always a winner when visiting! The success they have achieved in the past few seasons after what must've felt like an eternity for some supporters of being stuck in the bottom division, has to be both admired and respected. Keith Hill has worked wonders there and he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

I'd love us to avoid defeat and end a full calendar month undefeated. After the run of form we endured during the majority of October and the debacle at Burton Albion, I dare say that hardly any Vale fans could've expected this upturn in both results and performances. Rob Page should certainly be a candidate for Manager of the Month. However, Rochdale may be floating around in mid-table, and we may be optimistically eyeing up the top six, but we need to stay focused, not let the lure of the Play-Offs get into the players' minds and go out there and play the football we know we are capable of doing. Dale will be looking to get a run of form going after being incredibly inconsistent. Peter Vincenti always seems to play well against us as he did during his time at Aldershot, and I've always rated players like Lancashire, Henderson, Bennett and Lillis (not sure whether he'll play tomorrow with him not playing at Gillingham last weekend?). We always struggle against players like Nathaniel Mendez-Laing too, just like we did at Colchester with George Elokobi (and at Oldham last season). Big unit, not necessarily the best player, but he'll put himself about a bit and some of our midfielders can be a bit powderpuff at times and struggle to win the physical battles.

I'll remain positive though and hope we return with a respectable 1-1 draw, keeping the unbeaten run going and ending a very good month for us on a positive note. A win would be fantastic, but I feel it may be one game too many for us and we may have to scrap for this point and may be counting ourselves fortunate to escape with one as I feel a Rochdale onslaught but them not taking their chances.

1-1. Attendance, I'll guess at roughly 2,900 with around 650 Vale fans, but it could be anything from 400-800+.

DarkSithLord

Reaction score
Supports
Alfreton
Twitter
@LiamHenton
Football is a funny old game at the best of times, ain't it?

Just 20 days ago, we drew 1-1 at home to Maidenhead United in the FA Cup First Round. The feeling amongst the vast majority of Vale supporters present that day, and those listening in on the radio or checking the updates elsewhere, was a mixture of anger, frustration and in some cases, uncontrollable rage. Vitriol was thrown in the direction of the players, but ultimately, it was Rob Page who took the full force of the fans' wrath. It was deserved. It wasn't so much the result that infuriated the fans. It was the sheer unprofessional attitude and approach to the game that some of them displayed during those 100 minutes of football that the fans couldn't accept. It was disgusting! A total lack of respect to not only everybody associated with Maidenhead United F.C, but to all those supporters who turned up on a soggy, dull Sunday afternoon to watch that.

However, roll the clock forward just under 3 weeks later, and the whole scenario has changed dramatically. Some fans are beginning to alter their views on certain players, the tactics, substitutions, and even Page himself. Some are justified and deserve praise, whereas you can't blame some fans from refusing to get caught up in the hype of this good patch of form because we know how quickly our fortunes can change. Yes, we are unbeaten in 6 games in both league and cup stretching back to the end of October. However, certain fans are refusing to credit Page and the lads by turning to the fact that apparently our opposition have been of a poor standard during this run. Admittedly, they weren't good, but we can only beat and perform against the sides put in front of us. We rode our luck against Barnsley and Blackpool, but it's not our fault both of those sides were toothless in the final third and couldn't finish their dinners. We capitalised on Barnsley's low confidence levels and poor run of form, and Blackpool's inability to convert chances (no goals in 6 games shows that), but we comfortably disposed of Shrewsbury and Maidenhead (after a second bite of the cherry) and performed to an excellent level given the circumstances (playing away from home less than 2 days previously) against Chesterfield.

Rochdale, even with their inconsistency at present, are still a tough nut to crack, especially at Spotland. We have always found it difficult at their place in our previous meetings, and I don't think many, if any Vale fans will forget our last two visits there for multiple reasons. Last season at Spotland pretty much summed up our season. Playing for a 0-0 draw from the first minute, continuous time-wasting tactics and trying to slow the game down, and ultimately we paid the price yet again with none other than Calvin Andrew heading in a stoppage-time winner. The sad thing was, I doubt there was a Vale fan at Spotland that day that was even remotely surprised that it happened.

I admire clubs like Rochdale. Very small attendances for the level they're occupying, however, they are surrounded by much more attractive and bigger clubs, and yet that small element still go and support their local side. It's far easier to support a Manchester United, Manchester City or even a Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers or a Burnley, than it is to support a so-called 'unattractive' club like Rochdale. They've got a tidy little stadium (a terrace is always a bonus) and an excellent chippy by the ground which is always a winner when visiting! The success they have achieved in the past few seasons after what must've felt like an eternity for some supporters of being stuck in the bottom division, has to be both admired and respected. Keith Hill has worked wonders there and he deserves all the plaudits he gets.

I'd love us to avoid defeat and end a full calendar month undefeated. After the run of form we endured during the majority of October and the debacle at Burton Albion, I dare say that hardly any Vale fans could've expected this upturn in both results and performances. Rob Page should certainly be a candidate for Manager of the Month. However, Rochdale may be floating around in mid-table, and we may be optimistically eyeing up the top six, but we need to stay focused, not let the lure of the Play-Offs get into the players' minds and go out there and play the football we know we are capable of doing. Dale will be looking to get a run of form going after being incredibly inconsistent. Peter Vincenti always seems to play well against us as he did during his time at Aldershot, and I've always rated players like Lancashire, Henderson, Bennett and Lillis (not sure whether he'll play tomorrow with him not playing at Gillingham last weekend?). We always struggle against players like Nathaniel Mendez-Laing too, just like we did at Colchester with George Elokobi (and at Oldham last season). Big unit, not necessarily the best player, but he'll put himself about a bit and some of our midfielders can be a bit powderpuff at times and struggle to win the physical battles.

I'll remain positive though and hope we return with a respectable 1-1 draw, keeping the unbeaten run going and ending a very good month for us on a positive note. A win would be fantastic, but I feel it may be one game too many for us and we may have to scrap for this point and may be counting ourselves fortunate to escape with one as I feel a Rochdale onslaught but them not taking their chances.

1-1. Attendance, I'll guess at roughly 2,900 with around 650 Vale fans, but it could be anything from 400-800+.
Great opening post. Welcome to the forum!

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
we really should be taking well over a thousand to this considering our form

Dave-Vale

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Went there when we did our best to fuck up getting promoted. Got thrown out and pretty much physically assaulted by some of Manchester's finest who thought football chanting was out of order.

1-1 draw today.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Sounds like we've been mugged by a shocking referee judging by the comments coming out of the game. Disappointing as Dale have been poor lately and certainly dropped points today.

Dale4ever

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Deserved to win. Vale tactics were 'questionable' to say the least. In other words you were a dirty, diving, anti football team. No other ways to describe it. Happy with the win. Referee was absolutely abysmal.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Deserved to win. Vale tactics were 'questionable' to say the least. In other words you were a dirty, diving, anti football team. No other ways to describe it. Happy with the win. Referee was absolutely abysmal.

Weren't there but for a Dale fan to question or tactics after some of theirs down VP in recent seasons is like Hitler slating Saddam Hussein

Dale4ever

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Weren't there but for a Dale fan to question or tactics after some of theirs down VP in recent seasons is like Hitler slating Saddam Hussein
Always admit we were like that for a season under Coleman. Never under Keith Hill. Last two visits here for Vale though, a side that came for a 0-0 and were anti football not quite as bad for the diving. Then today I've already mentioned above. I won't be the only one to think it. Leaving the ground almost everyone said the same thing.

valefan16

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Glad we've tried to be a bit more streetwise if that's the case as we've been two honest for my liking away from home.

Sounds like we tired and the four games in 8 days caught up with us a wee bit at the end but been a great month and can recharge and go again in the cup.

Sounds like big Uche should of put us ahead and yet again at Rochdale we've let an awful striker get the winner.

Page needs to be more positive away from home as were waltzing past everyone at home with ease but setting up totally different away and letting sides out of form like Dale and Colchester get the impetus.

Dale4ever

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Mendez Laing isn't awful.

Topher

Reaction score
Supports
vale
Keith Hill's said it wasn't a penalty apparently.

Dawlishdale

Reaction score
Supports
Rochdale
Scrappy first half...Vale took the lead with the help of a clearance that deflected perfectly into the onrunning striker's path, and he rounded our keeper before slotting (just!!) home.
Dale huffed & puffed and missed a couple of chances before the penalty...debatable one from the Main Stand, but contact was made with both ball & player on the edge of the area. It took the ref a few seconds to give it... will have to see it again to make sure.

Second half and the torrential rain eased into a steady heavy drizzle. Dale played almost all the decent football whilst Vale did look dangerous on the break.

Not usually one to moan at referees, but the longer the game went on, the more wrong decisions the ref made. Some towards the end of the game, with Dale 2-1 up were staggering.

Also, not one to moan at opposition tactics, but deary me Vale.... you look and play like we did under Coleman a few years back. Awful non football.
And yes...i'm fully aware that we were very guilty of doing the same thing down at Vale Park, so perhaps it's karma!!

Didn't see the sending off, so can't comment. Did see several awful decisions from the officials throughout the second half.

Awful crowd as well, but who can blame neutrals for staying inside on such a day.

Overall... I'd say Dale did deserve their win. Can see why Vale have had some good results lately though...very physical team.

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
The ref was dire, he didn't point to the spot or anything. No way was it a penalty. Up until that we were the better side. After the penalty Dale took control and looked like scoring every time they went forward. Dodds was awful for us and should have been substituted at half time. It was only in injury time we started to look dangerous but it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markpvfc

Reaction score
Supports
Port Vale
Yet again Page got the result that he deserved away from home. Never has any ambition to try and win the game, he just doesn't want to lose and would be happy to draw every game. We were time wasting from the moment we took the lead. As for the diving I'd have to agree in that Grant is developing an annoying habit of playing for fouls and goes to ground at the slightest touch.
As for Rochdale I thought Calvin Andrew was brilliant, 10x the player we saw for us and far better than anything we had on the pitch today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feby2112

Latest posts

Stronger Security, Faster Connections with VPN at IPVanish.com!

SITE SPONSORS

W88 W88 trang chu KUBET Thailand
Fun88 12Bet Get top UK casino bonuses for British players in casinos not on GamStop
The best ₤1 minimum deposit casinos UK not on GamStop Find the best new no deposit casino get bonus and play legendary slots Best UK online casinos list 2022
No-Verification.Casino Casinos that accept PayPal Top online casinos
sure.bet
Need help with your academic papers? Customwritings offers high-quality professionals to write essays that deserve an A!